Points format DTM, 1984-1996

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrian

Tyrian

• 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 15:58

Hi
Does anyone know what format was used for the DTM in 1984-1996 ?

Last years i thought it was 20-15-12-10-8-6-4-3-2-1,
but for 1984-1985 i cant figure it out.

Some races were held in 2 parts, but only 1 winner is mentioned ?
Did they give halfpoints for each race, or only points for the combined result ?

Thanx in advance

Advertisement

#2 uechtel

uechtel

• 1,960 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 16:22

I think I can remember something like 20 - 18 - 16 - 14 - 12 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 awarded for each run (two times a weekend), around 1990.

Quite ridiculous in particular in combination with silly weight penalty rules and team order strategies with ten or more cars for the works teams...

#3 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 17:27

The original system was 20 - 18 - 16 - 15 - 14 - 13 - 12 - 11 - 10 - 9 for the top-10 with 8 - 7 and so on down to 18th. Two-heat races held during 1984-1986 paid half points each, with the winner being the person who scored the most points on aggregate, although I'm not totally sure about the last statement.

When the DTM race-format was changed to the two-100Km-races-per-weekend for 1988, each race was considered a unique race, and drivers was revarded with a full set of points for each race.

In 1990 to the end of the ITC in 1996, only the top-10 was revarded to the 20 - 15 - 12 -10 - 8 - 6 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1-scale.

Now, on the subject of early DTM, does anybody have complete results of each race from the beginning in 1984-1988?
German magazine Rallye Racing usually contained top-10 results in their reports during 1984-1987. This was extended to full result for the finishers, but only mentions the most important retirements. This was rectified for 1989 and onwards. Most Historic DTM-websites seems to build on the same source, and thus not providing much news.

Jesper O. Hansen

#4 Tyrian

Tyrian

• 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 18:09

Jesper thanx for the info.
Regarding youre quez for results, i advice to buy the book
DTM - Die Story,
its just released, i received my copy today and its BRILLIANT
all the FULL results from 1984 upwards....

That was also were my quez was from, i tried to reconstruct the championship points and couldnt find out the format they used.
I will check tonight with youre mentioned format.

Thanx

#5 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 18:22

Thanks for the tip Tyrian!

I wasn't aware of a book about DTM, but it sounds very interesting.

Best regards
Jesper O. Hansen

#6 ReWind

ReWind

• 3,410 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 19:02

Originally posted by Tyrian
I tried to reconstruct the championship points and couldnt find out the format they used.

The reason for your problems could well be that only "ONS-Lizenz-Fahrer" were eligible for championship points. This is from "autodrom 17", page 184:

Fahrer mit ausländischer Lizenz kamen nur in den Genuß der Preisgeldzuteilung (Mindestpreisgeld pro Veranstaltung DM 30.000,-), so daß ONS-Lizenz-Fahrer im entsprechenden Fall in der Punktezuteilung aufrückten.

In short: Only money, no points for drivers with foreign licence, points went to the next placed driver with national licence.

#7 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 19:51

The license issue was changed for the second season - 1985. Swede Per Sturesson won the championship, country man Per-Gunnar Andersson featured strongly in some rounds, and Dane Peter Elgaard finished just outside the top-10 in points. As far as I know all of them raced with their national licenses.

Jesper O. Hansen

#8 Tyrian

Tyrian

• 42 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 01:46

So what i understand, only 1984 will give problem with guys not eligible for points.
Do you know who where the 'losing out' guys ?

Jesper, the book is very very recent.
If you check the www.dtm.de site they advertise for it and i ordered it from there.

its the official book, by Thomas Voigt

Speedpool Multimedia-Service GmbH are the publishers
isbn: 3-89365-993-5

Its really a recomender, it made me very very happy as i had the same problem with the results.

#9 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:41

Hi Tyrian

The "outside" drivers I know of for 1984 would be Per Sturesson, Per-Gunnar Andersson, possibly fellow Swede Jürg Bächi (final round), regulars from the European championship Giorgio Francia and another Italian driver (both from the Hockenheim GP support races), and possibly Dane Niels Carl Nielsen (then likely to be the Diepholz-round).
One way to chek who scored points and who didn't, would be to compare your final standings with those published here: http://www.dtm-itc.d...n/dtm_start.htm. The points in (brackets) must be dropped scores.

As a fact I ordered the book on amazon.de last night and from your recommendations I will very much look forward to the delivery! Thank you.

Jesper O. Hansen

#10 Tyrian

Tyrian

• 42 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 13:27

Hi Jesper,

You wouldnt be disappointed,

You made me happy too,
believe it or not, i have have hundreds of links to all sort of series, drivers teams whatever.
And ididnt have this particular site, i just cant believe....

Hope you like the book as much as i do,
there are still 3 things to be cleared up for the results,
qualifying results, tyre manufacturers and startingnumbers.
Maybe we can team up to get all DTM unveiled ?

Greetz
Ty

#11 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 16:48

Originally posted by Tyrian
Hope you like the book as much as i do,
there are still 3 things to be cleared up for the results,
qualifying results, tyre manufacturers and startingnumbers.
Maybe we can team up to get all DTM unveiled ?

I think 1988 onwards should be relatively easy to cover from available sources. The difficult bit will be 1984-1987.
Startnumbers where not always fixed for a start, so pictures and race programmes will be of great value. Sometimes this will also be of help in identifying tyre manufactures.
RR usually had a top-6 or -10 run-down of grid positions, but the rest are only covered by information about numbers of drivers who practiced.

Yes, it would be very nice to uncover one of the altime greatest race series so let's see what can be dug up.

By the way, my favorite years were pre-1988. Lot's of different manufactures, lot's of local German talent, some who never made an impact internationally. What's your's Tyrian?

Best regards
Jesper O.H.

#12 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:42

Tyrian

I have just received my copy of "DTM die Story". Beautifully presented but what about the results section?

If you had problems sorting out the points I can see part of your problem. Those results are not completely correct if I'm right. So far I have been checking 1985 (I had been working on that previously) and found a mistake at Diepholz.
Olaf Manthey is classified as 4th and 2nd in the two-heat race, but was later disqualified. This means that everybody behind him actually moves up one spot and 0,5 point in each race.
The same goes for Walter Nussbaumer in the second heat.

I'm a bit surprised of this, since the author Thomas Voigt was around from the beginning of the DTM.

If this is taken into consideration the points table for 1985 seems OK, bar Wilfried Vogt who ended up on 79 points in the book, while the individual results only gives him 76! By the way I always thought his name was Winfried Vogt - Winni for Winfried

Jesper

#13 Holger Merten

Holger Merten

• 1,836 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 12:01

Originally posted by uechtel
I think
Quite ridiculous in particular in combination with silly weight penalty rules and team order strategies with ten or more cars for the works teams...

You are totally right. The best car and the best driver should win. Okay for 1990 and 1991 it was okay. Also with those rules. The best car and the best driver won.

#14 Tyrian

Tyrian

• 42 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 14:34

Hi Jesper,

Feel bad about the book not having all correct results.
I didnt have anything from before 1988, so this was my first source, strange that the official book still gives mistakes...

Another thing i found interesting was about the 1996 season. They claim it as DTM season while i thought it was 'only' ITC.
You know anything bout that ?

Same goes for the 'splitted races'. They only give results of the heats, as i think that the combined results are the thing thats important.
Do you have full combined results of those 'splitted' races ?

My favourite is the 'new' DTM as i didnt see much of it before 1995.
I only remember Klaus Ludwig being an institute in that time.
Being Dutch, Albers is off course a favourite, but i like seeing guys like Tomczyk doing well too.

#15 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 18:33

Hello Tyrian

I'm afraid not all of the results are absolutely spot on.
So far I have checked the point scoring for 1984-1993 and 2000-2003 and this is what I have found:

-1984: If you scratch all non-German drivers, except Swiss Walter Brun, from the results you will end up the same amount of points as listed in the book with one exception. At round 9 at Diepholz Horst Hahne must have received 2 points for 21st (17th among the point scoring drivers), but somehow D. Wilkening, who finished 22nd, is not classified in the end standing for his one point. Perhaps he competed outside competition?
Peter John is credited for 13,5 point in the end standing, while those emidiately before and after him is credited for 44 and 41 points. John must have scored 43,5 points.

-1985: Winnie Vogt is credited for 79 points in the end standing, but I can only deduct 76 points from his results. Thankfully it doesn't change any positions!
What does change is, as previously pointed out, the inclusion of Olaf Manthey in the Diepholz race (that place again!). If you discount his results from the race every other point scoring driver in this two-heat race will match the end-of-year tally, including Manthey's own.
It was then I noticed that only the best 8 of 9 races counts in the final standings. Olaf Manthey was not allowed to use his DSQ as his worst finish and had to drop 9 points for 10th at Wunstorf.

I will return with a few other "things"

Jesper OH

#16 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 20:14

Hi again

Here's a few other anomalies.

-Avus 1988:
The final point standing don't match the results for these two races, and here's why. In the first heat Per Stureson finished forth on the road, but was penalised a minut for missing a chikane.
In the second heat the same fate befel Alain Cudini.

The results for both races show the penalties in place, but in the contemporary Rallye-Racing report a few weeks later both drivers has been re-instated in their original 4th positions.

-1992:
Emanuele Pirro is credited for 85 points, I can only find 84, while Kris Nissen is credited for 24 points, but I can find 25!
A mix-up of positions? Nissen finished 9th, Pirro 10 th in race 1 at the Hockenheim finale. A reverse and things will ad up.

1996 was strictly ITC. Strangely since 1995 has both DTM and a ITC point standing. 1996 should have had a ITC-tag on it.

Regarding those 5 two-heat races held during 1984-1985 (Avus, Nürburgring and Hockenheim in 1984 and Erding and Diepholz in 1985). Weather the heat results or the aggregate result of these races is the more important is a matter of what you’re looking for I guess. In terms of the actual championship results the individual heats are the interesting bit, while the actual official winner of these five races were the driver who completed the scheduled distance in the shortest time.
No, I don’t have any compined results for those races, but at least it’s possible to do some adding from the results in the book. I have done the 1985-races and will show them in a later post.

Tyrian, I have found another miss that would be nice to fill out: the entrants. I will try and find a way of copying my Excel-file to this forum for all to see and fill out.

Originally posted by Holger Merten

You are totally right. The best car and the best driver should win. Okay for 1990 and 1991 it was okay. Also with those rules. The best car and the best driver won.

Aha, I would never have guessed that in a million year! :rotfl:
Holger, do you have any info concerning Mathias Arlt, M. Bussinger and Franz Schneider, whom all competed with Audi 80's at one point or another during 1984? ..or for that matter the still-born mid-1990's Audi 80-project.
I have previously asked you about the Audi 200 quattro that Freddy Kottulinsky drove in 1986, so won't do that again.

Besides that I'm glad that Audi will be officially back in the DTM for 2004 with a proper saloon car silhouette.

Best regards to all
Jesper O. Hansen

#17 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 20:42

The aggregate result of Erding 1985. Well, sort of...

1. Heinz-Friedrich Peil, Volvo 240 Turbo - 40 laps in 44:08,66
2. Winfried Vogt, BMW 323i - 40 laps in 44:25,61
3. Olaf Manthey, Rover Vitesse - 40 laps in 44:27,00
4. Peter Oberndorfer, Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5 - 40 laps in 44:57,85
5. Per Stureson, Volvo 240 Turbo - 40 laps in 45:00,35
6. Harald Grohs, BMW 635CSi - 40 laps in 45:01,69
7. Kurt Köning, BMW 635CSi - 40 laps in 45:01,69
8. Josef Gerold, BMW 323i - 40 laps in 45:25,58
9. Walter Nussbaumer, BMW 635CSi - 40 laps in 45:33,17

These were the only nine drivers, to complete the entire 40 lap-distance, but this should pretty much be the official, concrete, not-to-be-messed-with result for these nine drivers at least.
The next five drivers all completed 39 laps, and must therefore be positioned in 10th to 14th:

Volker Strycek, BMW 635CSi
Franz Klammer, Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
Richard Hamann, BMW 323i
Reinhold Gröpper, VW Scirocco
Walter Mertes, Rover Vitesse

Positions 15th-19th on 38 laps:

Peter Elgaard, BMW 635CSi
Peter John, Chevrolet Camaro
Herbert Schürg, Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC
Heinz Vöhringer, Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC
Gottfried Eckle, VW Golf GTI

20. M. Kopf, Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5 - 37 laps
21. A. Kaufmann, VW Golf GTI - 36 laps

According to the book, 21 drivers were classified as finishers. This must be the above mentioned. The rest - those who completed less than 70 or 75% (?) must be considered non-finishers.

Per-Gunnar Andersson, Volvo 240 Turbo - 29 laps
Volker Anhalt, MG Metro Turbo - 26 laps (is this the car Armin Hahne drove for a few races during 1984?)
Klaus Niedzwiedz, Ford Sierra XR4Ti - 20 laps
Roland Asch, Ford Mustang - 20 laps
Hermann Behrens, Nissan Silvia - 19 laps
Helmut Döring, Ford Mustang - 12 laps
Leopold Gallina, Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16 - 10 laps

#18 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 13:50

With a slight delay I repeat my query for the 1984-1987 DTM period:

1) Race programmes/scans thereoff, for entry lists, time table and front cover
- Since race numbers sometimes varied over a single season during the 1984-1985 period, entry lists will be much appreciated. This should also tell of some much wanted entrant or team names. In some cases I don't even have the first name of drivers with the added bonus of giving the residence of the drivers. From the racingsportscar site I have noted that German programmes can be very thorough! This should all in all give an idea of who intended to participate in what events, as there were a lot of part timers during these early days, leading to...

2) Qualifying and practice results - scans, own notes etc.
- to give an idea of who actually turned up and where they started the race. My only source for this is the German Rallye-Racing Magazine, but they usually only gave top-6 or -10 positions for the period in question.

I know of some German web databases, that weren't around back in 2003 when this thread was started, that has some dubious team and driver names combined, so no need to suggest a visit at those.

Any contributions will be much appreciated, towards my continuoes research into the Group A Touring Car era.

Jesper

#19 Hockenheim Racer

Hockenheim Racer

• 25 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 17:35

With a slight delay I repeat my query for the 1984-1987 DTM period:

1) Race programmes/scans thereoff, for entry lists, time table and front cover
- Since race numbers sometimes varied over a single season during the 1984-1985 period, entry lists will be much appreciated. This should also tell of some much wanted entrant or team names. In some cases I don't even have the first name of drivers with the added bonus of giving the residence of the drivers. From the racingsportscar site I have noted that German programmes can be very thorough! This should all in all give an idea of who intended to participate in what events, as there were a lot of part timers during these early days, leading to...

Hallo Jesper,
as far as I know, the numbers of DTM from 1984 up to 1992 or 93 were driver-related, and even if a driver changed the car or the team he took his number to his new car. But as ever there were some exceptions, don´t know why... :|
Somewhere in my databases I have a list of the 84 and 85 numbers, and as soon as I will find them, I´ll post them here.

I know of some German web databases, that weren't around back in 2003 when this thread was started, that has some dubious team and driver names combined, so no need to suggest a visit at those.

Which one do You mean? The only one I know yet is the one on dtm.de, and it is the same as in the book DTM-Die Story. Are there others?? And do you know a website with some good pics of the early years?
Greetings from Hockenheim
Jörg

Advertisement

#20 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,830 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 19:03

Auto Motor und Sport has a DTM results section, which might be identical to dtm.de, I haven't checked. My 1984 results on my site (the only DTM results so far!) are from DTM.de.

#21 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 21:30

http://www.dtm-itc.d...rliste_1984.htm

As an example Peter John is mentioned as #9 in an Mönninghoff-Camaro, but some time during the season he switched to the American Car Service #77 Camaro, while Mönninghoff continued to field a Camaro.
Kjellerup Autolager is the entrant of Volvo-driver Jürg Bächi. Holger Knudsen – owner of Kjellerup Autolager - raced an Opel Ascona at the Diepholz round, while Swede Bächi raced at the final Nürburgring. As far as I know these two never had any connections.
#25 Peter Uhlenhaut in a VW Golf entered by Ringshausen Motorsport, but how? Manfred Trint was present at every round in a Ringshausen Ford Mustang and to the best of my knowledge – it was photograhed a lot – always wore #25!
Per Stureson certainly changed number during 1984.

This is from Franks mention of Auto, Motor und Sport:
http://dtmdatenbank....d...?y=1984&r=1
Uhlenhaut mentioned again as #25 Ringshausen Golf during the opening Zolder race. I have the Sport Auto number covering the race, where there is a picture of a very still standing #25 Mustang during qualifying. Manfred Trint was a non-starter on Sunday but how would another competitor be given his start number during a meeting (and why would a Ford dealer sponsor a Volkswagen driver?)?

I might have to back off a bit on my statement about fixed startnumbers. From 1988 a number followed the driver regardless of team. Untill 1987 a start number followed a car regardless of driver, if the team was among the usuals. Guest drivers seemed to be asigned start numbers at randum. Stureson had at least two different number during 1984.

This is the reason I'd like to try another way of solving questions. A while a back I tried contacting Thomas Voight, but so far haven't gotten a reply.

Anyway, thank you for your replies guys. Looking forward to your contribution Jörg

Jesper

#22 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,830 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:30

Trint raced the second Zolder round in August in his Mustang with #25, that's for sure...

#23 Hockenheim Racer

Hockenheim Racer

• 25 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 22:19

Hallo Jesper,
I found the list I built about 20 years ago, and I alrady found some faults in it, but I post it here anyway so that we have a starter to discuss about.

I visited 4 races that year: Jim-Clark Hockenheim, Mainz-Finthen, Norisring and F1 Hockenheim. And from these programmes I made this list, and all drivers which didn´t race on one of these races I just put in the free spaces between...

So here is the 1984 list (in red the cars/numbers I cannot confirm):

1 Harald Grohs (BMW 635 CSI) Vogelsang Motorsport
2 Olaf Manthey (Rover Vitesse) Nickel/Austin Rover Deutschland
3 Jörg van Ommen (Rover Vitesse) Nickel/Austin Rover Deutschland
4 Anton Fischhaber (Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV 6) Fischhaber Tuning
5 Frank Jelinski (Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV 6) Fischhaber Tuning
6 Hans-Joachim Stuck (BMW 635 CSI) Brun Motorsport
7 Leopold Prinz von Bayern (BMW 635 CSI) Brun Motorsport
8 Mario Ketterer (BMW 635 CSI) Brun Motorsport
9 Peter John (Chevrolet Camaro) Moenninghoff Racing, after Hockenheim2 American Car Service #77
10 Franz Prangemeier (Chevrolet Camaro) Moenninghoff Racing
10 Ralf-Dieter Schreiber (Chevrolet Camaro)
11 Manfred Winkelhock (BMW 635 CSI)
12 Udo Schneider (BMW 635 CSI) Auto Budde
13 Kurt König (BMW 635 CSI)
14 Martin Wagenstetter (BMW 323 i)
15 Peter Oberndorfer (Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV 6) Team Marko RSM
16 Walter Brun (BMW 635 CSI) Brun Motorsport
17 Fritz Müller (BMW 635 CSI)
18 Klaus Assmuth (BMW 525 i)
19 Dieter Selzer (Rover Vitesse)

20 Fritz Möller (BMW 635 CSI)
21 Jörg Leininger (Mercedes-Benz 380 SLC)
22 Robert Manner (Mercedes-Benz 280 CE)
23 Volker Strycek (BMW 635 CSI) Gubin Sport
24 Dieter Miltz (BMW 635 CSI)
25 Manfred Trint (Ford Mustang GT) Ringshausen
26 Hardy Kristoffersen (Opel Kadett GT/E)
27 Preben Kristoffersen (Mazda RX 7)

28 Axel Felder (BMW 528 i)
29 Werner Felder (BMW 528 i)
30 Fred Räker (Ford Capri 3,0 S)
31 Peter Schem (Ford Capri 3,0 S)
32 Franz-Josef Bröhling (Ford Capri 3,0 S)
33 Karl-Heinz Brinkmann (Ford Capri 3,0 S)
34 Dieter Gartmann (Ford Capri 3,0 S)
35 Bernd Netzeband (Ford Capri 3,0 S)
36 Udo Lohmann (Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC)
37 Richard Friedrich jr. (Mitsubishi Starion Turbo)
38 Wolfgang Quaschning (Opel Manta GT/E)
39 Jürg Bächi (Volvo 240 Turbo)
40 Greger Petersson (Volvo 240 Turbo)

41 Per-Gunnar Andersson (Volvo 240 Turbo)
42 Franz Schneider (VW Golf GTI)
43 Gottfried Eckle (VW Golf GTI)
44 Wolfgang Offermann (Opel Manta GT/E)
45 Karl-Heinz Barthelmess (Opel Manta GT/E)
46 Robert Walterscheid-Müller (Opel Manta GT/E)
47 Karl-Heinz Schäfer (Opel Manta GT/E) Mich Tuning
48 Heinz-Otto Fritzsche (Opel Monza)
49 Jürgen Fritzsche (Opel Kadett GT/E) Hockenheim2: BMW 635 CSI
50 Hagen Arlt (Audi 80 GLE)
51 H.-H. Kiesewetter (VW Golf GTI)
52 Klaus Herig (Ford Capri 3,0 S)
53 Josef Bussinger (Audi 80 GLE)

54 Josef Michl (VW Golf II GTI)
55 Heinz-Friedrich Peil (VW Golf GTI)
56 Karl Asholter (VW Golf GTI)
57 Klaus-Emil Röckel (Opel Monza)
58 Peter Uhlenhaut (VW Golf GTI)
59 Georg Eggenberger (Opel Kadett GT/E)

60 Marcello Cipriani (Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV 6)
61 Giorgio Francia (Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV 6)
62 Wolfgang Kaupp (Opel Ascona B)
63 Balz Kamm (VW Scirocco)
64 Edi Kamm (VW Golf GTI)
65 Christoph Esser (Opel Manta GT/E)
66 Michael Kopf (Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV 6)

67 Winfried Vogt (BMW 323 i) Linder Motorsport
68 Johannes Wollstadt (BMW 323 i)
69 Heinrich Haag (Opel Ascona 2000 i)
70 Manfred Haase (VW Golf GTI)
71 Armin Hahne (MG Metro Turbo)
72 Walter Giesler (Ford Capri 3,0 S)
73 Horst Hahne (VW Golf GTI)
74 Peter Mamerow (VW Golf GTI)

75 Walter Prüser (BMW 323 i)
76 Wilhelm F. Weber (VW Scirocco)
77 Dieter Hegels (Chevrolet Camaro)
78 Manfred Wolf (VW Golf GTI)
79 Bert Moritz (Chevrolet Camaro)

80 Roland Asch (BMW 323 i)
81 Bodo Jähn (Ford Mustang GT)
82 Rudolf Huttner (Ford Capri 3,0 S)
83 Jörg Chmiela (Alfa Romeo Alfasud Sprint)
84 Arthur Deutgen jr. (Opel Manta GT/E)
85 Ludwig Hölzl (Alfa Romeo Alfasud Sprint)
87 Per Sturesson (Volvo 240 Turbo)

So now lets see what we can confirm.
Jörg

#24 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:00

Thank you Jörg. What you have published here is already way beyond anything I have seen on the subject so far. I will return with somewhat more usefull comments, but for starters:

#59 I have seen contributed to Ruedi Eggenberger, which didn't sit very well with me, so thank you for Georg!

So Peter John switched to ACS Düsseldorf only very late in the season, replacing Dieter Hegels for the final two rounds.

#60 and 61 for Marcello Cipriani and Giorgio Francia would have been a pair of Luigi Racing Alfa GTV6s for the Hockenheim GP support race? Cipriani is no-where to be found in the results but Lella Lombardi is. Did she race #60 that day?

Ludwig Hölzl I have racing a GTV6 rather than an Alfasud Sprint, but given that he raced an Alfasud Sprint in selected ETCC races at the time, I suspect you're right. Avus is the only race I have him down for, but that would have been in his backyard? The same goes for Bodo Jähn and the Auto Veri Berlin #81 Ford Mustang entry, I guess.

#76 Wilhelm F. Weber, to be more famous as manager than driver, can be seen here:
http://homepage.mac......g Sprint.html
..at the finale, the Super-Sprint at Nürburgring wearing #85, which was Ludwig Hölzl's number at Avus!

Once again, thank you for the entry list. I have some more names to add and looking forward to a fruitfull discussion on the matter.

Jesper

Edited by Jesper O. Hansen, 03 August 2009 - 04:17.

#25 Hockenheim Racer

Hockenheim Racer

• 25 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:16

Hello Jesper,
thx for that link, I haven´t these pics before. So at the Supersprint there must have been total other numbers, for example Sturesson with the #79, normally #87, at Hockenheim2 #39... Or Walter Brun, with the Jägermeister-635 (normally #6) having #8, normally the number of the Maxit-car of Ketterer. The car of J. Bächi looks to me a bit like the Volvo Andersson drove at the Hockenheim2-race.

The Lella Lombardi-case: I think Lella was in the entry list but the result published in Motorsport aktuell as well as the report in that magazine tells Cipriani as the driver of the #60 Alfa. So I put him in the list...
Jörg

#26 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:38

Hello Jesper,
thx for that link, I haven´t these pics before. So at the Supersprint there must have been total other numbers, for example Sturesson with the #79, normally #87, at Hockenheim2 #39... Or Walter Brun, with the Jägermeister-635 (normally #6) having #8, normally the number of the Maxit-car of Ketterer. The car of J. Bächi looks to me a bit like the Volvo Andersson drove at the Hockenheim2-race.

The Lella Lombardi-case: I think Lella was in the entry list but the result published in Motorsport aktuell as well as the report in that magazine tells Cipriani as the driver of the #60 Alfa. So I put him in the list...
Jörg

Regarding the Super-Sprint numbers an entry list would be helpfull, since exceptions from other races seems to surface here.

The Jürg Bächi Volvo has a TL Racing logo on the C-pillar suggesting a link to Thomas Lindström rather than Per-Gunnar Andersson, but who knows.

The Cipriani/Lombardi deal is a bit confusing, I have to say. Both were Jolly Club drivers at the time, as was Giorgio Francia, so my suggestion that these were Luigi Racing cars would be off the mark.

The Auto Budde BMW 635 CSi appeared with different drivers over the year, usually Udo Schneider I think, but what number did Robert Walterscheid-Müller wear when he drove the car?

Jesper

#27 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 20:46

This link might provide a startnumber:

http://www.240grupp-...i-works.asp.htm

Look for the yellow Jørgen Poulsen around the bottom of the page wearing #49. The picture is credited to Norbert Vogel, who's also credited for the picture of the #5 Anders Lindberg 240 Turbo about a third down the page. The venue and angle of the pictures seems to be the same and my guess it's from Zolder round 2 of the 1987 DTM.

Jesper

#28 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,830 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 21:43

Your guess is right - the picture is from the Bergischer Lowe.

#29 Mansell Madgwick

Mansell Madgwick

• 58 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 00:11

Did Gerd Ruch score any points in the Buffalo Boots Ford Mustang?

#30 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:46

Did Gerd Ruch score any points in the Buffalo Boots Ford Mustang?

No, he did not! But he did score a few points in his own Ruch Mustang, of which his brother Jürgen had some responsibility too. He thus finished a shared 43rd with 2 points in the 1989 season - for 17th 3 laps down in the second Norisring race. For 1990 it became a lot harder with points for top-10s only.
A dry followed untill the very final Hockenheim race in 1992, where a 10th of 11 finishers secured 1 point and a shared 23rd in the championship. For 1993 Norisring would again be a happy hunting ground. A 10th in the first race this time only a lap down to Alfa Romeo driving winner Nicola Larini - I believe this is the event where Ruch had the audacity to re-pass the other wise flying Alfa 155 down the front straight after being lapped a few corners before. The end result was a shared 20th in the championship. 1994 would be the final season with the Mustang but no points. All of this gathered from Thomas Voight's DTM Die Story.

It is safe to say that Gerd Ruch scored more fans than points during his DTM-Mustang tenure lasting from 1988-1994, but I was surprised to find him in the end standings on three occasions. I was glad to see him succeed in the BPR GT series a few years later where he shared a Roock Racing Porsche with Ralf Kelleners. The car was red and I think they finished as top GT2 crew in 1996, but that also seems to have been the last regular drive he had, but not shure.
Thanks to Frank de Jong - thanks for the Zolder confirmation by the way, Frank - I know of a handful of ETCC starts in a 1600 cc Ford Escort from the Ford Auto Veri Berlin team. But what else did Gerd Ruch in his pre-DTM days?

Fred Räker who raced a Ruch Mustang on a few occasions had strong connections with Auto Veri and I would guess that Berlin is the common denominator. Did a search for Auto Veri a few years ago, but nothing turned up so what was the team about - a Ford dealer in Berlin?

Jesper

#31 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,830 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:03

My research is far from complete, what I know now is that Gerd drove a few races with a Capri RS in the 1975-1976 DRM, in 1981 he raced in the ETCC with a Capri 3.0S and in 1985 an Escort RS. Autoveri was a Berlin Ford dealer, and is still active it seems.

#32 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:15

My research is far from complete, what I know now is that Gerd drove a few races with a Capri RS in the 1975-1976 DRM, in 1981 he raced in the ETCC with a Capri 3.0S and in 1985 an Escort RS. Autoveri was a Berlin Ford dealer, and is still active it seems.

Thank you for the update, Frank.

Had a look in 1984 Rallye-Racing magazines and Per Sturesson specifically. At his debut on Mainz-Finthen he raced #87 but at his second race at Norisring he wore #10. Then at the Hockenheim GP support race he had what looks like #39 or #89, and finally #79 at he Nürburgring finals. I will try and construct a table of all know drivers to have started a DPM race during 1984 permitting it's readable.

While looking through the Rallye-Racing magazines I found Ciprian's name in 6th position in the second Hockenheim GP support race, but looking in the DTM Die Story book L. Lombardi is marked for that result! I would tend to believe that Cipriani it was who raced at Hockenheim that early August weekend, considering that the DTM book has a few anomalies in the results department.

Jesper

Edited by Jesper O. Hansen, 10 August 2009 - 11:33.

#33 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 13:01

First of all the 1984 calender

R01 - 1984.03.11 - Bergischer Löwe, Zolder (B)
R02 - 1984.04.08 - Jim Clark-Rennen, Hockenheimring (D)
R03 - 1984.05.13 - Avus-Rennen, Avus (D)
R04 - 1984.05.27 - Flugplatzrennen Mainz-Finthen, Mainz-Finthen (D)
R05 - 1984.06.11 - Flugplatzrennen Wunstorf, Wunstorf (D)
R06 - 1984.06.17 - 300-Kilometer Rennen, Nürburgring (D)
R07 - 1984.07.01 - 200 Meilen von Nürnberg, Norisring (D)
R08 - 1984.07.08 - Grosser Preis der Tourenwagen, Nürburgring (D)
R09 - 1984.07.22 - Flugplatzrennen Diepholz, Diepholz (D)
R10 - 1984.08.04 - Grosser Preis von Deutschland, Hockenheimring (D)
R11 - 1984.08.19 - Westfalenpokal-Rennen, Zolder (B)
R12 - 1984.09.23 - Super-Sprint, Nürburgring (D)

Next the starters with a numbers or ?? indicating a start. For the sake of the format #06 or #07 are just #6 or #7. -- indicating no participation. Sorry about the rough format, but it should at least provide a relative easy overview.

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 / driver (nat.), team/car

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ?? -- 84 / Per-Gunnar Andersson (S), Per-Gunnar Andersson / Volvo 240 T
?? ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Hagen Arlt (D), unknown team/Audi 80 GLE
-- -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- / Mathias Arlt (D), unknown team/Audi 80 GLE
-- 80 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Roland Asch (D), unknown team/BMW 323i
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 56 -- -- / Karl Ashölter (D), unknown team / VW Golf GTi
-- -- -- -- -- -- 49 -- -- -- -- -- / Klaus Assmuth (D), unknown team / BMW 528i
45 45 -- 45 -- 45 45 -- -- -- -- -- / Karl-Heinz Barthelmess (D), Mich Opel Tuning / Opel Manta GT/E
07 07 07 07 07 -- -- 07 -- 07 07 -- / Leopold von Bayern (D), Brun Motorsport / BMW 635CSi
-- -- ?? ?? -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- / Klaus Bielenberg (D), unknown team / BMW 320i
33 33 33 -- -- -- -- -- 33 33 -- -- / Karl-Heinz Brinkmann (D), unknown team / Ford Capri 2.8 or 3.0

-- 06 -- 16 -- -- 16 -- 06 -- -- 08 / Walter Brun (CH), Brun Motorsport / BMW 635CSi
-- 32 32 32 -- 32 -- -- -- -- -- -- / Franz-Josef Bröhling (D), unknown team / Ford Capri 2.8 or 3.0
-- -- -- -- -- -- 53 -- -- -- -- -- / Joseph Bussinger (D), unknown team / Audi 80 GLE
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 81 / Jürg Bächi (CH), Labbet AB / Volvo 240 Turbo
?? -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- / Jörg Chmiela (D), Fischhaber Racing? / Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 26 -- -- -- / Hardy Christoffersen (DK), H. Christoffersen / Opel Kadett GTE
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 60 -- -- / Marcello Cipriani (I), Jolly Club? / Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
-- -- -- -- 84 84 -- -- -- -- -- -- / Arthur Deutgen jr. (D), unknown team / Opel Kadett and Manta
-- 43 -- -- 43 -- -- -- -- -- -- 43 / Gottfried Eckle (D), unknown team / VW Golf GTI
?? -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Peter Elgaard (DK), Peter Elgaard / BMW 635CSi

Edited by Jesper O. Hansen, 10 August 2009 - 13:03.

#34 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 13:29

The next 20 drivers

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 / driver (nat.), team / car

-- -- -- -- 65 65 -- 65 -- 65 -- -- / Christoph Esser (D), Törkel Automobil Technik/Opel Manta GTE
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- 28 -- 28 -- -- / Axel Felder (D), unknown team/BMW 528i
29 29 -- 29 29 -- -- 29 -- -- -- 29 / Werner Felder (D), unknown team/BMW 528i
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 04 -- -- / Toni Fischhaber (D), Fischhaber Racing?/Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 61 -- -- / Giorgio Francia (I), Jolly Club?/Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
37 -- -- -- 37 37 37 -- -- 37 37 37 / Richard Friedrich jr. (D), unknown team/Mitsubishi Starion T
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 82 / Heinz-Otto Fritzsche (D), Mantzel Opel Tuning/Opel Kadett GTE
49 49 49 49 49 49 49 49 49 -- 49 49 / Jürgen Fritzsche (D), Mantzel Opel Tunig/Opel Kadett GTE
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- / Jürgen Fritzsche (D), Hartge/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- -- -- -- 34 -- -- -- -- -- / Dieter Gartmann (D) Eichberg Ford/Ford Capri 2800i
-- -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / A. Golderer (D), unknown team/Opel Ascona-B

01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 / Harald Grohs (D), Vogelsang Automobil GmbH/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- / R. Günther (D), unknown team/VW Golf GTI
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 71 94 -- / Armin Hahne (D), unknown team/MG Metro Turbo
-- -- -- -- 73 -- -- 73 73 73 -- 73 / Horst Hahne (D), unknown team/VW Golf GTI
-- -- 77 77 77 77 77 77 77 77 -- -- / Dieter Hegels (D), American Car Service/Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ?? -- / Helmut Hemmes (NL), Hemmes?/Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-- -- -- -- -- -- 82 -- -- -- -- -- / Rudolf Huttner or Guttner (D), unknown team/Ford Capri
-- -- 85 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Ludwig Hölzl (D), Hölzl?/Alfa Romeo Alfasud Sprint
-- 69 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 69 -- -- / Heinrich Haag (D), unknown team/Opel Ascona i2000
-- 70 -- 70 70 70 -- -- -- 70 70 70 / Manfred Haase (D), unknown team/VW Golf GTI

Jesper

Edited by Jesper O. Hansen, 10 August 2009 - 13:29.

#35 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 13:52

Another 20 drivers, now counting 60 and about half way through I think.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 19 / Horst Jacobs (D), Kamei Crew Wiesbaden/BMW 528i
05 05 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Frank Jelinski (D), Fischhaber Racing/Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ?? / Frank Jelinski (D), Vogelsang Automobil GmbH/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- / Henrik Johannesen (DK), unknown team/VW Golf GTI
09 09 09 09 -- 09 -- 09 09 -- -- -- / Peter John (D), Mönninghoff/Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 77 77 / Peter John (D), American Car Service/Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-- -- 81 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Bodo Jähn (D), Auto Veri Berlin/Ford Capri 2800i or 3.0S
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 63 -- -- / Balz Kamm (CH), unknown team/VW Scirocco GTI
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 64 -- -- / Edy Kamm (CH), unknown team/VW Golf GTI
-- 62 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 62 -- -- / Wolfgang Kaupp (D), unknown team/Opel Ascona-B
-- -- 08 -- -- -- -- -- -- 08 -- -- / Mario Ketterer (D), Brun Motorsport/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- -- -- -- 51 -- -- -- -- -- / H.-H. Kiesewetter (D), VW Golf GTI

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- / Holger Knudsen (DK), Kjellerup Autolager/Opel Ascona i2000
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 66 -- -- / Michael Kopf (D), unknown team/Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 27 -- -- -- / Preben Kristoffersen (DK), Preben Kristoffersen/Mazda RX-7
-- -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Harald Kühn (D), unknown team/Alfa Romeo unknown model
-- 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 / Kurt König (D), Auto Maas/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 22 -- -- / Jörg Leininger (D), Team Leininger/Mercedes-Benz 380SLC
-- 36 -- 36 -- -- -- 36 -- -- 36 -- / Udo Lohmann (D), unknown team/Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC
-- -- -- 83 -- -- -- -- 83 -- 83 -- / Peter Mamerow (D), unknown team/VW Golf GTI
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 22 / Robert Manner (D), Team Leininger?/Mercedes-Benz 380SLC
02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 02 / Olaf Manthey (D), Austin Rover Deutschland/Rover Vitesse

NB! Peter John was a non-starter at both round 1, 2 and 9 mainly through mechanical problems.

Jesper

#36 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 14:29

Drivers 61-80.

-- -- -- -- -- -- 54 -- -- 54 -- -- / Josef Michl (D), Michl Tuning?/VW Golf GTI E19
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 92 92 -- / Dieter Miltz (D), Fritz Möller?/BMW 635CSi
-- ?? ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Udo Moldenhauer (D), unknown team/Ford Capri 2800i or 3.0S
-- -- -- -- -- 79 -- -- -- -- -- -- / Bert Moritz (NL), Moritz Tuning/Chevrolet Camaro Z28
17 17 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 17 / Fritz Müller (D), Müllerbräu/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- -- -- 92 -- 92 92 -- -- 92 / Fritz Möller (D), Fritz Möller?/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- -- -- 35 35 -- -- -- -- 35 / Bernd Netzebrand (D), unknown team/Ford Capri 2800i or 3.0S
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- / Niels Carl Nielsen (DK), Niels Carl Nielsen/BMW 323i E21?
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 80 / Siegbert Niemeyer (D), unknown team/VW Golf GTI
15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 / Peter Oberndorfer (D), Marko RSM/Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5

-- -- ?? -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- / Wolfgang Offermann (D), Kissling Motorsport/Opel Manta GTE
03 03 03 03 03 03 -- -- -- -- -- -- / Jörg van Ommen (D), Austin Rover Deutschland/Rover Vitesse
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 04 04 / Jörg van Ommen (D), Vogelsang Automobil GmbH/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- / Heinz-Friedrich Peil (D), unknown team/VW Golf GTI
-- -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- / Peter Pesch (D), unknown team/VW Golf GTI
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40 -- -- / Greger Pettersson (S), Pettersson?/Volvo 240 Turbo
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 10 -- / Franz Prangemeier (D), Mönninghoff/Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 78 93 ?? / Walter Prüser (D), Rheydter Club?/BMW 323i
-- -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- / Wolfgang Quaschning (D), unknown team/Opel Manta GTE
30 30 30 -- 30 30 30 -- -- 30 -- -- / Fred Räker (D), Auto Veri Berlin/Ford Capri 2800i or 3.0S
-- 57 57 -- -- -- -- -- -- 57 -- -- / Klaus-Emil Röckel (D), Mantzel Opel Tuning?/Opel Monza 3.0

Jesper

Edited by Jesper O. Hansen, 10 August 2009 - 14:31.

#37 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 14:42

The final 20 drivers, making it a total of 100. Didn't realise this when I started the list earlier today.

-- -- -- -- 34 -- -- 34 -- -- 34 -- / Peter Schem (D), unknown team/Ford Capri 2800i or 3.0S
-- -- -- -- -- -- 42 -- -- -- -- -- / Franz Schneider (D), Hemmerle Automobiltechnik?/VW Golf GTI
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ?? / Franz Schneider (D), unknown team/Audi 80 GTE
-- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Udo Schneider (D), unknown team/BMW 528i
12 -- -- 12 -- 12 12 12 12 -- -- -- / Udo Schneider (D), Auto Budde/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- -- 08 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Udo Schneider (D), Brun Motorsport/BMW 635CSi
-- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Udo Schneider (D), unknown team/Chevrolet Camaro Z28
10 -- 10 -- -- 10 -- -- -- -- -- 09 / Ralf-Dieter Schreiber (D), Mönninghoff/Chevrolet Camaro Z28
47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 47 -- 47 47 / Karl-Heinz Schäfer (D), Mich Opel Tuning/Opel Manta GTE
-- -- -- -- -- -- 03 03 03 03 03 -- / Dieter Selzer (D), Austin Rover Deutschland/Rover Vitesse
23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 / Volker Strycek (D), Gubin Sport/BMW 635CSi
06 -- -- 06 06 -- -- -- -- 06 -- -- / Hans-Joachim Stuck (D), Brun Motorsport/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 04 -- / Hans-Joachim Stuck (D), Vogelsang Automobil GmbH/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- 87 -- -- 10 -- -- 39 -- 79 / Per Sturesson (S), IPS Racing/Volvo 240 Turbo
25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 25 / Manfred Trint (D), ABR Ringshausen Rennsport/Ford Mustang 5.0 GT

58 58 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Peter Uhlenhaut (D), unknown team/VW Golf GTI
-- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / ”Doc Holliday” (D), unknown team/Opel Ascona-B
67 67 67 67 67 67 67 67 67 67 67 67 / Winfried Vogt (D), Linder Rennsport/BMW 323i E30
14 14 -- 14 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 14 / Martin Wagenstetter (D), unknown team/BMW 323i
-- 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 -- -- / Robert Walterscheid-Müller (D), unknown team/Opel Manta GTE
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 12 12 / Robert Walterscheid-Müller (D), Auto Budde?/BMW 635CSi
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 85 / Wilhelm Weber (D), Veytal?/VW Scirocco GTI
-- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- / Dieter Wilkening (D), unknown team/VW Golf GTI
-- -- 06 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Manfred Winkelhock (D), Brun Motorsport/BMW 635CSi
-- 78 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Manfred Wolf (D), unknown team/VW Golf GTI
68 68 68 68 -- -- 68 68 -- -- -- -- / Johannes Wollstadt (D), Wollstadt/BMW 323i E30?

NB! Hans-Joachim Stuck only drove the #4 Vogelsang 635 at Zolder during Friday practice, describing it as undrivable and thus didn't drive it during the race.
Manfred Trint and the Ringshausen Mustang #25 was present at Zolder round 1, but a non-starter.

Jesper

Edited by Jesper O. Hansen, 10 August 2009 - 14:44.

#38 Hockenheim Racer

Hockenheim Racer

• 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 21:09

Hi Jesper,
back online again I saw your brilliant list, and I think this is the best way to complete the 1984 starters. Everybody who will find out anything can fill it in, and at the end it will be hopefully complete.
Concerning Jörg Chmiela: I still think that he drove an Alfasud and no GTV because he always was racing Alfasuds, and he is still until now, in Youngtimer races.
I can confirm Arlt driving #50 in the Hockenheim1-race because I have a picture of that car in that race.
Jörg

#39 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 21:39

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ?? -- 84 / Per-Gunnar Andersson (S), Per-Gunnar Andersson / Volvo 240 T
?? 50 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Hagen Arlt (D), unknown team/Audi 80 GLE
-- -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- / Mathias Arlt (D), unknown team/Audi 80 GLE
-- 80 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Roland Asch (D), unknown team/BMW 323i
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 56 -- -- / Karl Ashölter (D), unknown team / VW Golf GTi
-- -- -- -- -- -- 49 -- -- -- -- -- / Klaus Assmuth (D), unknown team / BMW 528i
45 45 -- 45 -- 45 45 -- -- -- -- -- / Karl-Heinz Barthelmess (D), Mich Opel Tuning / Opel Manta GT/E
07 07 07 07 07 -- -- 07 -- 07 07 -- / Leopold von Bayern (D), Brun Motorsport / BMW 635CSi
-- -- ?? ?? -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- / Klaus Bielenberg (D), unknown team / BMW 320i
33 33 33 -- -- -- -- -- 33 33 -- -- / Karl-Heinz Brinkmann (D), unknown team/Ford Capri 2.8 or 3.0

-- 06 -- 16 -- -- 16 -- 06 -- -- 08 / Walter Brun (CH), Brun Motorsport / BMW 635CSi
-- 32 32 32 -- 32 -- -- -- -- -- -- / Franz-Josef Bröhling (D), unknown team/Ford Capri 2.8 or 3.0
-- -- -- -- -- -- 53 -- -- -- -- -- / Joseph Bussinger (D), unknown team / Audi 80 GLE
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 81 / Jürg Bächi (CH), Labbet AB / Volvo 240 Turbo
?? -- -- -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- / Jörg Chmiela (D), unknown team/Alfa Romeo Alfasud or GTV6?
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 26 -- -- -- / Hardy Christoffersen (DK), H. Christoffersen/Opel Kadett GTE
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 60 -- -- / Marcello Cipriani (I), Jolly Club? / Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
-- -- -- -- 84 84 -- -- -- -- -- -- / Arthur Deutgen jr. (D), unknown team/Opel Kadett and Manta
-- 43 -- -- 43 -- -- -- -- -- -- 43 / Gottfried Eckle (D), unknown team / VW Golf GTI
?? -- -- ?? -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- / Peter Elgaard (DK), Peter Elgaard / BMW 635CSi

Thank you for the corrections, Jörg. In general I have used your list from earlier, with what pictures I have available on the net and from magazines.
Confirmation on the type of Ford Capri would also be much appreciated. I know that the 3.0 was regarded as the better prospect for a group A car than the 2800i, but with the injection model being German and this being a German championship, I wouldn't be surpriced if some of the Capris here were in fact 2800is.
Regarding the Alfa Romeo of Jörg Chiemla the DTM Die Story says he raced a GTV6 in his two starts, so another intriguing ?! ;)

Jesper

Edited by Jesper O. Hansen, 10 August 2009 - 21:49.

Advertisement

#40 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 14:43

I have been in contact with Jörg Chmiela, who says that he raced an Alfasud 1.5 Ti during those to races...but added he'd liked to have had a GTV6! Another correction to the official story.

Jesper