Photo

Video footage wanted

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 straightspeed

straightspeed

• 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:16

Posted bt Gregor Marshall, and mentioned in Gerry's Autobiography, has anyone got/seen any recordings of this event?

"There were two works/team GTs (quite a few had been built for customers) and they were "written off" by Roger Bell and Mike Crabtree during a televised race at Lyden Hill in '71 (Dad was racing Old Nail and beat Dave Brodie who had overtaken him under waved yellows at the crash scene!!)"

Thanks

Tim Bell

Advertisement

#2 Gregor Marshall

Gregor Marshall

• 1,323 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 13:30

Hi Tim - I've only just seen this post and yes, I have the whole race on video and DVD if ever you want to see it.

#3 straightspeed

straightspeed

• 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 18:58

Hi Tim - I've only just seen this post and yes, I have the whole race on video and DVD if ever you want to see it.

Hi, Dad has talked about this (with a slightly red face) on a few occations, and I've only ever found written reference (Only here etc) I'd love a copy somehow if it shows the accident.

#4 Gregor Marshall

Gregor Marshall

• 1,323 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 17:19

Hi Tim - I take it that your Dad is the very much esteemed Roger Bell??
Jeremy and I made sure we covered Roger's experieince in the book in his own words and I'm more than happy to make a copy of the DVD for you both, just let me know.
Your father is held in great esteem across the motor testing press - he was excellent and I think that's what causes his red face - one mistake!!