Photo

Historic racing in former Soviet countries

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 GrzegorzChyla

GrzegorzChyla

• 400 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 22:04

On Sunday, september 5th in Poznan took place a historical formula meeting.
8 Polish cars and 8 German cars from Haigo series appeared, plus 8 Haigo touristic cars.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Piotr Lenartowicz and his Promot 51/79 (ex Kiełbania's car)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Promot II 69/82, susspension detail. Note shock absorbers inside body, Promot II cars up to 1981 had shock absorbers outside.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Józef Kiełbania - Jerzy Mazur - Tomasz Jeromin: and Metalex 1-06 which they all in turns drove.
Posted Image

ex Kozankov Estonia 21, the car that won two last Cups of Friendship; Stromhardt Kraft from Haigo meets Jerzy Mazur; Józef Gutmacher meets Józef Kiełbania after 20 years or so; Gutmacher's Estonia 25; Andrzej Wojciechowski examines Webers from Promot III
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Advertisement

#2 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 23:12

Lovely to see so many cars in good condition have you got any more pix of the Polski Fiat / Ladas GrzegorzChyla ?

I learnt to drive in a Fiat 124 built in Zambia and have a soft spot for these Fiat variations :-)

Edited by arttidesco, 07 September 2010 - 23:13.

#3 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:55

Nice to see historic racing in Poland making progress :up: I hope to see something like this at Bikernieki soon :cool:

#4 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:51

Look forward to seeing your pix from Bikerieki Alexey :wave:

#5 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:10

BTW, I think the most appropriate thread for photos like this (from Polish historic racing, the forthcoming ones from the Dzintara Volga etc.) would be "Personal photos from historic festivals". Let's keep the current thread for the CPF history only.

#6 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:54

Good idea Alexey :-)

#7 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:29

As far as I understood, the video is about the history of motorsport in Hungary on its way to hosting the F1 Grand Prix. So the truck racing (truck cross) was a part of that history. Such races were very popular in Soviet Union (and still are in Russia and Baltic countries using the same cars!), but I have never known Hungary had truck cross as well.

I will have to add lorry cross on my list of events to see before I go to the great big grandstand in the sky.

I wonder if there is an internet site that lists where the events might be held ?

Is there anyone who speaks Russian or Hungarian who might be able to help ?

Thanking you in anticipation.

#8 Alexander M

Alexander M

• 112 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 13:22

I will have to add lorry cross on my list of events to see before I go to the great big grandstand in the sky.

I wonder if there is an internet site that lists where the events might be held ?

Is there anyone who speaks Russian or Hungarian who might be able to help ?

Thanking you in anticipation.

According to the preliminary 2011 RAF (Russian Automobile Federation) calendar:

Class T4-3 (ZIL 130) - Russian Championship:

May 8 - Ryazan,
June 5 - Istra (not far from Moscow),
July 3 - Tyumen,
July 10 - Rezh,
September 11 - Korablino.

Class T4-3 Non-Championship:

February 6 - Istra,
February 20 - Ryazan,
April 12 - Engels,
August 7 - Arzamas,
August 28 - Ryazan.

Class T4-2 (GAZ 53) - Russian Cup:

February 20 - Ryazan,
April 12 - Engels,
May 8 - Ryazan,
July 3 - Tyumen,
July 10 - Rezh,
August 7 - Arzamas,
August 28 - Ryazan.

Class T4-1 (GAZ 51 & 52) - Russian Cup:

April 12 - Engels,
May 8 - Ryazan,
August 28 - Ryazan.

Class T1-2500 (almost only UAZ cars, although open for some other vehicles as well) - Russian Cup:

February 6 - Istra,
February 20 - Ryazan,
April 12 - Engels,
May 8 - Ryazan,
June 5 - Istra,
August 7 - Arzamas,
August 28 - Ryazan,
September 11 - Korablino,
October 30 - Ulyanovsk.

If you plan to visit only one event, I would advice the one which will incorporate more classes, but T4-3 is obligatory - it is the most popular and mightiest of all. Among such events in this calendar are:

May 8 - Ryazan (all the above classes + D2-Klassica, i.e. Zhiguli),
August 28 - Ryazan again (all the above classes).

I've been only to Istra and Bronnitsy. The latter is abandoned for a couple years already, while Istra is a good track with an interesting layout, but there is no event with all four 'heavy' classes present. The event in May in Ryazan is probably the core event - it attracts many competitors and visitors every year, but I've never been there, so can't say anything positive or negative.

From my personal experience, the events are absolutely free for visitors. Summer events are, of course, more comfortable to watch - in winter one will certainly freeze. What is good, often you have direct access to paddock. It is kind of a 'people's' motorsport - cheap, but open and entertaining.

Can't tell anything about Hungary. As I've wrote, I didn't even know they've had truck cross. Baltic countries also offer great truck cross racing. AFAIK they have only the lower classes (which are faster than their Russian analogs), but as a compensation they have so-called 'crocodiles' - truck based buggies, abandoned in Russia long ago (at least, I think they still have).

Edited by Alexander M, 19 October 2010 - 13:25.

#9 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 13:48

Amazing Alexander thank you so much I am thinking I might spend a month visiting Eastern Europe next year to visit the Historic events at Poznan and Bikerieki the Ryazan date on Aug 28th looks like a possibility. When does Winter start just south of Moscow ?

#10 Alexander M

Alexander M

• 112 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 14:00

Amazing Alexander thank you so much I am thinking I might spend a month visiting Eastern Europe next year to visit the Historic events at Poznan and Bikerieki the Ryazan date on Aug 28th looks like a possibility. When does Winter start just south of Moscow ?

Well, in August you won't see the snow yet, be sure. It's usually around +25 or so at that time. The weather in Ryazan is much like in Moscow, as far as I know - now it is nearly the same with not high above zero.

Please not ethat this calendar is subject to change. I will try to keep an eye on it, though.

There was a website which has posted th ereports on Russian truck cross, but now it looks like they're having a redevelopment or something, as i's not available. It was Rusian-Racing.ru

P.S. We seem to be a bit off-topic here, as from what I know truck cross was never included in CPF events, although there were cross competitions within CPF.

Edited by Alexander M, 19 October 2010 - 14:01.

#11 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 14:05

Thanks Alexander, apologies for going off topic, when I have secured the budget to travel I'll start a new Lorry X thread :-)

#12 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:46

When does Winter start just south of Moscow ?

Frankly speaking, in July and August this year we didn't believe that winter would start some day here in Moscow :smoking:

#13 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 15:45

Frankly speaking, in July and August this year we didn't believe that winter would start some day here in Moscow :smoking:

Better bring my shades if I am coming on August 28th then :cool:

Now returning this thread back to the Cup of Peace and Friendship :smoking:

#14 Puru001

Puru001

• 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 15:38

Hi all,

The AMC Schleizer Dreieck plans a meeting of former race drivers (formula) on the race circuit SCHLEIZER DREIECK in July 2011.
I have attached the invitation of this meeting.

Could anyone please forward this invitation to active or non-active race drivers they are involved on races of the CPF (Cup of Peace and Friendship)?

Contacts are
Ray.purucker [@] hp.com or w.grimm [@] schleizer-dreieck.de

Downloads (english/German): http://www.puru.de/sch11.htmlAMC Homepage: http://www.amc-schleizer-dreieck.de

mit freundlichen Grüßen/with kind regards,
Ray Purucker

#15 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:53

Ray, will there be any race for the ex-CPF drivers?

I have forwarded the invitation to Alexandr Potekhin and will also tell Edgard Lindgren about it.

#16 ziepars

ziepars

• 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 21:02

Old Volgas race again at Dzintara Volga 2011:
www.balticrace.lv
Posted Image

#17 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:41

:up: !!!

It's a thousand pities that I couldn't visit this year's Dzintara Volga. Looking at the photos I see the SRG MT77, the Trabant 601, three Estonia 15M's and many other things of great interest. They say that even the ZIL 112S had been taken from the Motor Museum to the mini exhibition at the racing circuit.

Edited by Alexey Rogachev, 08 October 2011 - 07:31.

#18 ziepars

ziepars

• 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 14:07

Spy photos of Rukuts-3 racing car (1991-92) before historical race season 2012:

Posted Image

Rukuts-3

Edited by ziepars, 17 March 2012 - 14:09.

#19 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 16:07

Will it take part in this year's Dzintara Volga?

Advertisement

#20 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 18:09

The first round of the Dzintara Volga Cup in Russia was held on May, 26: http://www.ussr-auto.../nring2012.html (the text is in Russian but there are many photos on the page).