- - - - -

Monza Help

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#51 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 23:12

looks like there may be a bit of rain on thursday afternoon, but think it's all pretty clear from then on in.

Advertisement

#52 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 23:39

Right-o, trains, planes and automobiles...

What I've gathered so far from this and the other threads in here is that;

sunday: free train to lesmo from milan (should apparently be a shortish walk for me to grandstand 6b from there). Free train still happening this year?

saturday and friday: trains will stop at monza station and then it's a free bus to (main?) circuit entrance (so there is another entrance near lesmo??)

thursday pit walk: train to monza station but no free bus to track. Surely they will have buses running though?

anyone know if trains to monza/lesmo are leaving from central again this year? Apparently in 2010 they changed it to garribaldi. Anyone who knows of any changes this year or tips please post, would be much appreciated! Cheers

#53 KjetilS

KjetilS

• 23 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 13:06

You find info on monzanet.it:
http://www.monzanet....1...f1 treno en

I recomend you go to trenitalia.com and find timetables from Milano Centrale to Monza on Friday and Saturday. Print these out and bring them with you.
Buy the tickets on the Milano Centrale so you don't have to do it when you return on the afternoon Friday and Saturday. Buy tickets on regional trains, not Eurostar. They are cheaper.
The trains you'll take usually goes from Milano Centrale to Lecco.

Edited by KjetilS, 05 September 2012 - 13:06.

#54 squiresm

squiresm

• 37 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 13:47

Right-o, trains, planes and automobiles...

What I've gathered so far from this and the other threads in here is that;

sunday: free train to lesmo from milan (should apparently be a shortish walk for me to grandstand 6b from there). Free train still happening this year?

saturday and friday: trains will stop at monza station and then it's a free bus to (main?) circuit entrance (so there is another entrance near lesmo??)

thursday pit walk: train to monza station but no free bus to track. Surely they will have buses running though?

anyone know if trains to monza/lesmo are leaving from central again this year? Apparently in 2010 they changed it to garribaldi. Anyone who knows of any changes this year or tips please post, would be much appreciated! Cheers

I went last year and the Friday and Saturday trains went from Garibaldi again, so I'd presume they'll still be running from there. The bus drops you off in Monza park, then it's a 15-20 minute walk to the main entrance.

The Sunday train should still be free and drops you right at the Lesmo entrance. You can follow the signage to 6b from there, it's easy enough to find.

One tip for returning after the race, the free trains still run every 15 mins from Lesmo, but after a certain time they switch to every 30 mins (about 5pm from what I recall) - I'd advise either exiting the track fairly sharpish and getting the train before that cut-off point, or just spending ages walking the entire track. Alternatively you can take the bus back from the park as well. We took a leisurely stroll from 6b to the Lesmo corners and stopped a few times to relax in the shade (the temperature was about 32 degrees last year and felt roasting hot!) and got to the station just as the train schedule switched. We then spent about an hour and a half stood wilting in the heat because the number of people was so large. It probably doesn't sound too bad but with hindsight I'd rather have let the crowds die down, spent more time exploring the track and headed to the station later on.

Other tips, take some loo roll as the toilets had none and watch out for the gangs of gypsies roaming the park throughout the weekend. They're easy enough to spot and set up gambling games. It's an obvious tip to avoid them but we saw quite a few people attempt their games and unsurprisingly they lost every time!

Edited by squiresm, 05 September 2012 - 13:50.

#55 KjetilS

KjetilS

• 23 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:04

On Friday, the trains you can take from Milano Centrale between 06:00 and 09:00 is: 06:20, 07:20, 07:35, 08:20
From Milano Porta Garibaldi:
06:24, 06:40, 06:48, 06:54, 07:08, 07:18, 07:24, 07:40, 07:48, 07:54, 08:10, 08:18, 08:32, 08:48, 08:54

#56 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 20:30

thanks guys!