Photo

Hamilton:" Vettel misses 4 apexes and still gets pole"

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Poll: Hamilton:" Vettel misses 4 apexes and still gets pole" (266 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think?.

1. Hamilton it's right. (157 votes [59.25%])

Percentage of vote: 59.25%

2. Sour grapes. (103 votes [38.87%])

Percentage of vote: 38.87%

3. Other. (5 votes [1.89%])

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:25

Obviously you can afford errors if your car is quick enough relative to the competition. Probably more truth to it last season than this, but Vettel is still the best over one lap.

When his car allows, earlier in this season I didn't see Vettel the best over one lap.

Advertisement

#152 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:26

I don't think you understand how this works.

Lewis made a claim. You can't then demand proof of that claim from other people.

Of course I can demand a proof from THE PEOPLE SUPPORTS THIS STATS.

Or maybe if Lewis says it´s rainning at Abu Dabi when it´s not you will support him... that´s BLINDNESS fanboyism.

#153 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 2,373 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:26

I don't think you understand how this works.

Lewis made a claim. You can't then demand proof of that claim from other people.

:lol:
Vettel's fans going the extra mile... :lol:

#154 tomjol

tomjol

• 883 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:27

Of course I can demand a proof from THE PEOPLE SUPPORTS THIS STATS.

Or maybe if Lewis says it´s rainning at Abu Dabi when it´s not you will support him... that´s BLINDNESS fanboyism.

Or you could just be reasonable.

#155 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 2,373 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:29

When his car allows, earlier in this season I didn't see Vettel the best over one lap.

This. Where were his fans then?

#156 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

This. Where were his fans then?

Under a rock/supporting Kimi.

#157 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

That video missed the corner of the straight which he misses then the end of the straight which he misses then the last corner which you could argue he misses.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Casually... again, and again, and again: PROVE IT.

#158 P123

P123

• 23,938 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:30

Thought somebody would raise that. On balance, he is the best over a lap- that's not to say he's infallible or superhuman. Eg- put him, Hamilton and Alonso in the same car over a 20 race season and I'd expect quali to be 10-6-4, Vettel-Hamilton-Alonso.

#159 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:31

:down: I cant do any more than tell you where to look and provide you with the corners i think he missed.

Advertisement

#160 Goron3

Goron3

• 4,478 posts

Again, can you prove he missed apexes???

Please answer me and prove it, without proves your or Lewis stats are simply nonsense.

Please can anyone who said such nonsense things prove at least what they are saying or simply rubbish to downplay Seb?

You claim to be a Seb fan so you should know Seb's driving style doesn't revolve around him apexs for slow corners. He uses the width of the track to get on the throttle early. Opposite style to Mark Webber.

#161 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 2,373 posts

Thought somebody would raise that. On balance, he is the best over a lap- that's not to say he's infallible or superhuman. Eg- put him, Hamilton and Alonso in the same car over a 20 race season and I'd expect quali to be 10-6-4, Vettel-Hamilton-Alonso.

:lol: :lol:

#162 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:32

Lets be real here. Vettel is good, Alonso is good, Lewis is good and they all have abilities in different areas. But Vettel isn't way better then them, so he does have a car advantage.

Saying that isn't bad or saying Vettel is poor, its just facts.

Lewis had a car advantage a few times this year unfortunatly operationally mclaren throw that advantage away, something Redbull don't do.

#163 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:33

Or you could just be reasonable.

I can´t be reasonable about something someone said happened and some people supports happened, but in fact, there is a prove where even those blind people can see it really did not happen.

It´s like saying Lewis made a mistake on all his pole laps and despite of it achieved the pole. I don´t need to prove it.

You should be REASONABLE and support something happened.

:drunk:

#164 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:33

In the true spirit of this thread, can you please provide some evidence, facts etc to support your opinion? As I can see you are posting an opinion with no facts.

#165 Goron3

Goron3

• 4,478 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:34

He just did prove it. Please stop spamming on this thread. If your computer can't load the video/link, that's not his problem.

#166 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:35

Don´t hide! PROVE PLEASE HE MISSED 2 or 3 What you said.

In fact, here is the video... c´mon, find it!

I will be here waiting your answer. Maybe you are able to explain us or support Lewis jealous stats! Sorry but as I said back this thread is simply a rubbish downplay (even based on rubbish stats) from Lewis Hamilton.

I think you misunderstand the use of exaggeration in conversational English. When Lewis says Seb misses '4 apexes' and still get poles, he means that he can afford small mistakes in a lap because of the car advantage. The exaggeration is meant as both a bit of humour (ridiculous exaggerated statements used for effect are a part of British humour) and a description of how good the RB8 is right now.

So maybe he hasn't missed 4, but there are certainly a few laps I can recall Martin Brundle mentioning that Seb has missed apexes and made small mistakes yet still got pole...

#167 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:36

You claim to be a Seb fan so you should know Seb's driving style doesn't revolve around him apexs for slow corners. He uses the width of the track to get on the throttle early. Opposite style to Mark Webber.

That´s known. And despite of his driving style, you can watch on the video, he did not miss any appex.

And even on his driving style (pretty similar to Mika Hakkinen style) he doesn´t need to miss an appex to benefit the widht of the track. What matters is not only the straight line but the speed you have when you turn.

#168 Goron3

Goron3

• 4,478 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:36

I think you misunderstand the use of exaggeration in conversational English. When Lewis says Seb misses '4 apexes' and still get poles, he means that he can afford small mistakes in a lap because of the car advantage. The exaggeration is meant as both a bit of humour (ridiculous exaggerated statements used for effect are a part of British humour) and a description of how good the RB8 is right now.

So maybe he hasn't missed 4, but there are certainly a few laps I can recall Martin Brundle mentioning that Seb has missed apexes and made small mistakes yet still got pole...

Nail on the head. Bravo.

#169 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:37

and Lewis yet again makes a fool of himself...This guy never learns ,now does he?

Misses four apexes and still gets pole??..This guy is 55-18 against one of the best qualifiers on the grid...You can say anything u want about Webber but he is unarguably a phenomenal qualifier.

and before someone comes in and plays the bias card,im not a 'proper' fan of either Hamilton or Vettel.infact i used to like the prior better...but his recent actions/comments are making it more and more difficult for me to respect him..the way he conducts himself,im reasonably certain this guy has a low average IQ at best.

Ohhhhh ok and i gathered you read the whole statement yes ? but your hatred disregarded the fact he gave vettel praise

#170 P123

P123

• 23,938 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:37

In the true spirit of this thread, can you please provide some evidence, facts etc to support your opinion? As I can see you are posting an opinion with no facts.

It's my opinion from watching with my own eyes. Obviously you will never get such 'facts' until either Alonso or Hamilton are in the same car as Vettel. Vettel is great at nailing a lap. LH has more than enough speed but sometimes overdoes it in quali, and Alonso has probably slightly less outright one lap speed than either of those two.

#171 Ashitank

Ashitank

• 394 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:38

Lol people taking Lewis words of missing X number of apex literally & fighting over it & asking others to be reasonable :well:

#172 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:38

:clap:

#173 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:40

It's my opinion from watching with my own eyes. Obviously you will never get such 'facts' until either Alonso or Hamilton are in the same car as Vettel. Vettel is great at nailing a lap. LH has more than enough speed but sometimes overdoes it in quali, and Alonso has probably slightly less outright one lap speed than either of those two.

The thing is the overdoing is when you have to push to extract more performance out of a far to make up for a deficient, when you have performance in hand you don't have to push and so you wont overdo it and make mistakes.
Again down to the car, when Lewis had a car advantage in a few races this year, do he overdo it? nope he didn't.

#174 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

As I said... it´s just rubbish from Lewis (and people who supports those kind of rubbish). PLEASE WATCH THE LAST TURN FROM LEWIS ON HIS POLE LAP AT MALAYSIA THIS SEASON:

That´s what I call talking about FACTS and PROOFS. He missed the appex... and despite of it, he achieved the pole... that´s what he call a rocketship.

Sorry guys but a lot of Lewis supporting those kind of rubbish from him it´s just fanboyism. Next time you want to support such a stats you should watch a whole season and give some proofs.

:down:

Edited by Alarcon, 03 November 2012 - 12:42.

#175 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Jelous because nobody is kissing his ass :kiss: , you are too tense.

So you are claiming Button is jealous Hamilton isn't praising him with the sole agenda of detracting from a third driver's achievements (irrelevant that he really thinks that, the timing of these comments tell it all)?

Selling Jenson a bit short I think.

Face it guys, Hamilton either had a better or as good a qualifying car numerous times last season and Vettel continually took him to the cleaners in Q3. Clearly some people can't handle this simple truth, Hamilton included.

#176 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:41

Why? This whole thread is based on an opinion with no facts.

#177 P123

P123

• 23,938 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:42

Ohhhhh ok and i gathered you read the whole statement yes ? but your hatred disregarded the fact he gave vettel praise

It's clearly sacrilege to suggest that Vettel has a faster car. Such a statement is taken as an outrageous slur on Vettel's ability. It will soon be something that can only be whispered, otherwise any brave soul who raises their voice to utter such words will be ruthlessly attacked...  ;)

F1 is 90% car, 10% driver, yet when you read forum you would think it was the other way about.

#178 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:42

Face it guys, Hamilton either had a better or as good a qualifying car numerous times last season and Vettel continually took him to the cleaners in Q3.

You what??? Stop being absurd.

Edited by study, 03 November 2012 - 12:42.

#179 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:43

As I said... it´s just rubbish from Lewis (and people who supports those kind of rubbish). PLEASE WATCH THE LAST TURN FROM LEWIS ON HIS POLE LAP AT MALAYSIA THIS SEASON:

That´s what I call talking about FACTS and PROOFS. He missed the appex... and despite of it, he achieved the pole.

:down:

So you agree that getting pole after missing four apex is not due to driver skill but a far superior car?

Advertisement

#180 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

There's nothing absurd with that, just a fact, confirmed by a Mclaren team member among others.

#181 P123

P123

• 23,938 posts

The thing is the overdoing is when you have to push to extract more performance out of a far to make up for a deficient, when you have performance in hand you don't have to push and so you wont overdo it and make mistakes.
Again down to the car, when Lewis had a car advantage in a few races this year, do he overdo it? nope he didn't.

Highly possible. But they are both great drivers and qualifiers, so I'm not really interested in this bun fight.

#182 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:44

Still waiting for 1 pole lap from Vettel where he misses 4 apexes btw...

#183 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,606 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:44

Why are so many Vettel fans so insecure? The guy is dominating F1, about to win his third title in a row and smashing records left, right and centre. Why do you care if a few Hamilton and Alonso fans on the internet don't think he's as good as their guy?

#184 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:45

Firstly his 2nd statement is meaningless cuz his comments tried to completely demean him in the first statement..and 2ndly the praise is more related to Vettel's personality than his skill as a driver.and that is where ill actually agree with Hamilton..Vettel certainly carries himself a zillion times more maturely and intelligently than LH.

and No if you'd been old enough on this forum,you'd know i used to be a Hamilton supporter...not a 'fan' but he was a driver i really liked...the way he's carried himself this year has changed a lot of that though..he is becoming very very hard to like.the insecurity is just leaking out of him like anything now.

#185 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:46

He´s right.

At Malaysia Lewis had a car to do a pole but he recog. he made a mistake. He did the same at Hungary last turn. At Abu Dhabi too where he was unable to match his best time overall (on Q2) while Seb delivered and improved his time. He did the same at Monza where he made a mistake on chicane and lost his lap...

In fact, last season McLaren was quite fast. Don´t forget Button finished 2nd behind Seb and without Seb on the track... McLaren would have been achieved the WDC.

#186 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:46

There's nothing absurd with that, just a fact, confirmed by a Mclaren team member among others.

Oh this team member that was nothing to do with McLaren race company, yes you're being stupid. You get your knickers in a twist when someone says something about Vettel, but you're very quick to spread crap the other way.
Read above, I've not said Lewis is better or worse then Vettel, but some how for Vettel fans thats not good enough.

#187 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:48

So you agree that getting pole after missing four apex is not due to driver skill but a far superior car?

I´m agree I HAVE PROVED SOMETHING Lewis fans still doesn´t.

There is a big difference.

What I talked happened. This thread is based on Lewis words... and ANY PROOFS. And the best of all is you´d never see SV saying Lewis missed an appex here or there and despite of it achieves a pole.

End off.

Edited by Alarcon, 03 November 2012 - 12:49.

#188 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:48

Firstly his 2nd statement is meaningless cuz his comments tried to completely demean him in the first statement..and 2ndly the praise is more related to Vettel's personality than his skill as a driver.and that is where ill actually agree with Hamilton..Vettel certainly carries himself a zillion times more maturely and intelligently than LH.

and No if you'd been old enough on this forum,you'd know i used to be a Hamilton supporter...not a 'fan' but he was a driver i really liked...the way he's carried himself this year has changed a lot of that though..he is becoming very very hard to like.the insecurity is just leaking out of him like anything now.

Strange he has carried himself really well this year, how he has held back after the countless screwups by the team I don't know. The thing which driver are you going to Grunge cause I bet you can find statments from each that are no better or worse then what lewis has just said. You're being a drama queen.

So, vettel calling Webber a idiot and blaming him for a accident he caused is Vettel mature?

He's digs at Alonso at Monza is mature?

Take the blinkers off.

#189 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:50

So you are claiming Button is jealous Hamilton isn't praising him with the sole agenda of detracting from a third driver's achievements (irrelevant that he really thinks that, the timing of these comments tell it all)?

Selling Jenson a bit short I think.

Face it guys, Hamilton either had a better or as good a qualifying car numerous times last season and Vettel continually took him to the cleaners in Q3. Clearly some people can't handle this simple truth, Hamilton included.

What you need to realise is that the team screwed up in Qualifying last year a number of times , Lewis bad race performances masked that and yea he also took the other 23 cars on grid to the cleaners aswell oh and i can handle the truth , Lewis wants to put sebastian in his place just like fernando,webber,button and raikkonen.

#190 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:50

Strange he has carried himself really well this year, how he has held back after the countless screwups by the team I don't know. The thing which driver are you going to Grunge cause I bet you can find statments from each that are no better or worse then what lewis has just said. You're being a drama queen.

So, vettel calling Webber a idiot and blaming him for a accident he caused is Vettel mature?

Take the blinkers off.

He called Webber a idiot??? Can you prove those words??? Or as the 4 appex missed you can´t???

Edited by Alarcon, 03 November 2012 - 12:51.

#191 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:52

Take the blinkers off.

ill stop....now that ive read this.

PS.the hand gesture was a thing in the heat of the moment..all of them do that..and about Monza,he didnt initiate it..he was only responding in kind to the inflammatory comments Alonso had made in the first place

Edited by grunge, 03 November 2012 - 12:55.

#192 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:53

Take the blinkers off.

Not to mention ' Rocky do something,do something' and his stupid hand waving and swearing at backmarkers

#193 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:54

ill stop now that ive read this.

Drama Queen :rolleyes:

You mean all the times he's being screwed over by the team this year and the only time he let slip was Spa?

Edited by study, 03 November 2012 - 12:55.

#194 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:55

ill stop now that ive read this.

ON TRACK

#195 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 13:34

Lot of mistakes from mr always perfect?

#196 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 13:43

I didn't see anything negative about Vettel there. Just a big compliment to RB.
He can miss apex and still be fastest, the car is that good - compliment to RB.
Alonso is better - most people agree.

#197 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 14:12

Is it me, or did Lewis miss the apex of turn 18? :stoned:

#198 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 5,618 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 14:13

Is it me, or did Lewis miss the apex of turn 18? :stoned:

Yeah, but he had the best car today so it didn't matter  ;)

#199 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 14:13

Well no-one missed any apexes today, just Hamilton was able to do a better job

Edited by joshb, 03 November 2012 - 14:14.

Advertisement

#200 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 14:31

Hamilton has watched Vettels 36 year old team mate out qualify him 7 times this season. That's not impressive and I think Vettel would be in for a rude shock if Hamilton ever sat next to him in the same car, if he's finding a driver like Webber so competitive.

Vettel is finding Webber to be so competitive? Are we watching the same series?