Photo

Hamilton:" Vettel misses 4 apexes and still gets pole"

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Poll: Hamilton:" Vettel misses 4 apexes and still gets pole" (266 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think?.

1. Hamilton it's right. (157 votes [59.25%])

Percentage of vote: 59.25%

2. Sour grapes. (103 votes [38.87%])

Percentage of vote: 38.87%

3. Other. (5 votes [1.89%])

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#251 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 17:36

How are they trying to diminish SV? Did either of them say he's not a good driver or he doesn't deserve his success?
Saying it's not all Vettel/Vettel has the best car is trying to diminish him?

When we judge or criticize another person, it says nothing about that person; it merely says something about our own need to be critical.

SpaMaster

He (Hamilton) may be effusive in his praise for Vettel's character, but nothing like it when it comes to his driving.

+1

Maybe that's enough for today.

Advertisement

#252 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 17:39

If you know the definition of apex, then you should see he misses some in that lap, but, hey, what do Lewis know about apexes...

:lol: :lol:

Typical from forums. One clueless person launches an statement without even knowing if it´s true because of having an agenda. Who knows, it might stick. Someone posts video evidence that the statement is false. Instead of admitting being wrong, they guy shooting air insist on his bullshit despite just having seen a video. :rolleyes:

#253 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 2,373 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 17:50

:lol: :lol:

Typical from forums. One clueless person launches an statement without even knowing if it´s true because of having an agenda. Who knows, it might stick. Someone posts video evidence that the statement is false. Instead of admitting being wrong, they guy shooting air insist on his bullshit despite just having seen a video. :rolleyes:

If you can't see from that video he misses some apexes, it's your problem, not mine. Don't expect me to teach you. Go and learn what an apex is and see if he hits all of them in that lap...

#254 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 17:50

If you know the definition of apex, then you should see he misses some in that lap, but, hey, what do Lewis know about apexes...

Apparently not as much as he could, otherwise he would know that hitting apex is not necessarily primary objective, but coming out of turn(s) as quickly as possible is, and to that aim it doesn't includes hitting all apexes.

#255 SCEPurple

SCEPurple

• 326 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 17:51

His comments seem to heap praise more on the capabilities of the car than try to break down Vettel. Naturally though,
Alo/Ham will be fed up of Vettel having #1 machinery so much of the time. Just as you or I would be

#256 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,037 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 17:53

Seb 55-18 Webber

Seb 35 pole position - 10 Mark.

What do you want to say about? :drunk:

Maybe a: "Oh God! Mark Webber outqualified Seb 18 times over... 73 races". Vettel rubbish!

Sorry mate but even some Lewis fans (I´m one of them because I admire what he did this season) recog. Lewis would be in trouble against Seb over one lap.

:rotfl:

No chance.

#257 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 17:54

SpaMaster

+1

I see nothing critical from LH. LH seems as complimentary about Vettels driving as Vettel does about his but maybe I don't read as much into these things as others do.

#258 dau

dau

• 5,373 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 17:59

I always thought the definition of an apex is a mid-corner point where the ideal racing line gets closest to the inside of a corner.

But that's obviously wrong, so would you please help me find those four apexes he missed in that video?

#259 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 2,373 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 18:03

I always thought the definition of an apex is a mid-corner point where the ideal racing line gets closest to the inside of a corner.

But that's obviously wrong, so would you please help me find those four apexes he missed in that video?

No, I wont do it for you but I'll give a hint: Stop the video before and at the apex on all those corners and tell me if he has hit them right...

Advertisement

#260 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 18:05

If you can't see from that video he misses some apexes, it's your problem, not mine. Don't expect me to teach you. Go and learn what an apex is and see if he hits all of them in that lap...

PFFFF, your bias doesn´t let you see your feet from where your eyes are. :drunk:

Just tell us, which ones he missed?

#261 dau

dau

• 5,373 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 18:09

No, I wont do it for you but I'll give a hint: Stop the video before and at the apex on all those corners and tell me if he has hit them right...

So you won't tell me the correct definition of apex nor show me the actual apexes on that lap. Instead you tell me to stop the video before and after the apexes. That's a great hint.

#262 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 610 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 18:40

Indeed Lewis mopped the floor with all of them in suuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a doooooooog of a car today.. :rolleyes:
Probably next year Lewis will get a real taste of machinery inferiority. That said i consider all 3 of them fantastic but they all have had their fair share of superior machinery and RB wasn't a rocketship during the whole season both drivers managed to stay within reach and now Vettel reaps the results of the amazing work that's done for him. Lewis should focus on what made his driver + car + team combo fail this year or actually he already knows that's why he is leaving Mclaren. Mclaren + Lewis doesn't work anymore while Vettel + RB works perfectly due to many factors and Alonso + Ferrari works pretty good and probably beyond everyone's expectation for this season. After all, as a Mclaren supporter i find it kinda embarassing that with this car both their drivers were out of contention with 1/4 of the season remaining. The difference is made by Vettel, Newey, Horner and 500 more people.

#263 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,472 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 19:19

Speaking about missing the lines on your fast lap. Anybody remember Hamiltons pole lap in Singapore. It was one of the greatest Pole laps ever in my book. Kissing the walls. Up with Montoyas pole lap in Mexico City back in CART. That was unreal aswell.

Edited by Kucki, 03 November 2012 - 19:22.

#264 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 19:40

Actually it is individual with low IQ's that can't seem to understand that it takes a high degree of brain effort and intelligence for a man to be much better than other elite athletes in the same sport. Being a genius like Mozart doesn't make you an Einstein, Being brilliant like a Messi doesn't give you an academic advantage, yet they are all incredibly brilliant individuals in their field. Stop using the old flawed view that academic brilliance is the measure of intelligence. It's not, it's an old philosophy on something we dont understand and just soo wrong. If it is not transferable to other areas of the so called Genius life then is it really general intelligence as opposed to just academic brilliance.

Sorry about the rant, was writing a paper on different kinds of intelligence and went off topic

Rubbish...simply because he is a world class driver doesnt matter he is also a very ''intelligent'' homo sapien..Simply because he is a better athlete than Takuma Sato doesnt mean he is more intelligent than him... and i used the word ''Intelligent Quotient'' ..not general intelligence..do you when know what that means?IQ is a standardized term and can be universally calculated by one of the many widely accepted systems..My assumption of him is based on how he's conducted himself publicly this year,not because i know his SAT scores.

and actually get some proper education on the subject before u start lecturing about it on a motorsport forum..im a year away from finishing my Psychiatry specialization and i know what im talking about.

Edited by grunge, 03 November 2012 - 19:42.

#265 F1isZen

F1isZen

• 90 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:35

Rubbish...simply because he is a world class driver doesnt matter he is also a very ''intelligent'' homo sapien..Simply because he is a better athlete than Takuma Sato doesnt mean he is more intelligent than him... and i used the word ''Intelligent Quotient'' ..not general intelligence..do you when know what that means?IQ is a standardized term and can be universally calculated by one of the many widely accepted systems..My assumption of him is based on how he's conducted himself publicly this year,not because i know his SAT scores.

and actually get some proper education on the subject before u start lecturing about it on a motorsport forum..im a year away from finishing my Psychiatry specialization and i know what im talking about.

I doubt you are at Uni. On the 1st highlight, you say rubbish then make the same point I made?. Again, you seem to have very low comprehension, you said "Simply because he is a better athlete than Takuma Sato doesnt mean he is more intelligent than him", Again you are agreeing with me as i quoted there are many kinds of intelligence of which Hamilton will have a far higher driving intelligence (ability to process/calculate speed, distance and more awareness of space on the track to use to his advantage) than Sato.
You were saying he has a low IQ for some decisions he made in the past, but you seem to not realize that a lot of highly intelligent and gifted individuals had highly flawed personalities and characters. Not that Hamilton is a genuis, but I had to research this topic for my essay and looked at extremely gifted children and adults with high IQs and the one very thing they all had in common more often than not was CHARACTER FLAW. They were almost always introverted, in their own heads, non-sociable, arrogant, spaced e.t.c
Again, I am not saying Hamilton is a genius but your mention of his character and you saying you bet he has a low IQ proves absolutely nothing.

Edited by F1isZen, 03 November 2012 - 21:36.

#266 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 3,633 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 21:46

Posted Image
So far away,all you need is love.

Hamilton is always weird with vettel or vettel with him... or is just this photo again.

Edited by Boxerevo, 03 November 2012 - 21:47.

#267 F1isZen

F1isZen

• 90 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 22:07

Speaking about missing the lines on your fast lap. Anybody remember Hamiltons pole lap in Singapore. It was one of the greatest Pole laps ever in my book. Kissing the walls. Up with Montoyas pole lap in Mexico City back in CART. That was unreal aswell.

Alonso quote (Source = Anonymous). "All-a da time you godda hit da apex, All-a da tiiiiiimeeee"

#268 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,463 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 22:11

Posted Image
So far away,all you need is love.

Hamilton is always weird with vettel or vettel with him... or is just this photo again.

Just the photo...again:

http://www.f1fanatic...bb-yasm-2012-3/

#269 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 12,465 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 22:56

I think it's pretty needless for Hamilton to say, a faster car may allow you to get away with a few mistakes but it isn't as if Hamilton hasn't been in a position where he has the fastest car and makes an error or two yet still gets pole position.

He may have given Sebastian some form of praise early in that statement but it makes him seem bitter towards Vettel and the way he works so well with Red Bull.

Vettel if he's seeing these recent Alonso/Hamilton statements must be laughing to himself, the time they're both spending talking about him whilst Vettel is just doing his own thing and delivering the results required to fight for WDC's.

#270 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,069 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:55

lol...many occasions still less than the number of times Webber has outqualified SV so far this year.
LH had a bad bad year but still outqualified JB 14 - 6.

This year JB has outqualified LH 3 times, Spa with a different setup, Hockenheim, wet with a diff strategy and Japan where something was broken on his car...

I really wish we could have seen LH and SV in same car.... SV is fast but I have little doubt about the outcome.

Hopefully we would see the FA - SV matchup

We heard that 2 years ago about Jensen, who has held his own in both race and qualifying. Lewis is undoubtedly fast but not nearly as disciplined as some of his fellow competitors. And it often shows.

#271 bauss

bauss

• 5,067 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:03

We heard that 2 years ago about Jensen, who has held his own in both race and qualifying. Lewis is undoubtedly fast but not nearly as disciplined as some of his fellow competitors. And it often shows.

eh...and what has happened in qualy with Jenson? he's been comprehensively beaten that's what...

#272 F1isZen

F1isZen

• 90 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:02

lol "Held his own", very clever way of saying absolutely nothing. Alonso held his own against Hamilton, they were neck for neck, but Button? If ever I have heard a ingenuine and dishonest person in my life, My God

Edited by F1isZen, 04 November 2012 - 12:03.

#273 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:40

Comparing Webber and Button in qualifying is just silly. One of those drivers is called a qualifying master three times on FormulaOne.com, and it's not the Britton.