Photo

Hamilton:" Vettel misses 4 apexes and still gets pole"

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Poll: Hamilton:" Vettel misses 4 apexes and still gets pole" (266 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think?.

1. Hamilton it's right. (157 votes [59.25%])

Percentage of vote: 59.25%

2. Sour grapes. (103 votes [38.87%])

Percentage of vote: 38.87%

3. Other. (5 votes [1.89%])

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 3,175 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:56

I think Hamilton is running some kind of competition. How many times a day he can praise Alonso and dismiss Vettel. I think it is making him look like such a looser.

A looser what?

Advertisement

#102 Nigol

Nigol

• 2,744 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:58

He directly compares to Alonso:

“I think lots of people in the paddock wish they could have Adrian’s car so they could show that they’re just as competitive as Sebastian,” Hamilton said. “Fernando, for me, is more accurate. He hits all the apexes".

Right, he compares Vettel to Alonso. Where is the problem? :confused:

#103 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:00

I think Hamilton is running some kind of competition. How many times a day he can praise Alonso and dismiss Vettel. I think it is making him look like such a looser.

Its the Media that keep asking him those questions ffs grow up .

#104 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:00

Jealous talk from Hamilton again....experts now better and they say Vettel is on Hamilton's and Alonso's level.

#105 motorhead

motorhead

• 1,563 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:05

After FP3 it seems that Vettel is fighting against Lowe or Whitmarsh then :)

#106 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:06

ssshhh lewis. For your own good.

#107 turssi

turssi

• 3,368 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:06

After the FP3 of Abu Dhabi it looks like Lewis is back to driving the fastest car. Now will he be able to shut his mouth and just drive or has his mental balance been totally out-done by the Vettel/Newey duo already?

#108 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:08

Right, he compares Vettel to Alonso. Where is the problem? :confused:

I wanted to point out that the comparison is relevant to check whether Hamilton's statement is true (Alonso begin more accurate than Vettel), but I may have misinterpreted the intention of your post.

#109 AvranaKern

AvranaKern

• 6,409 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:08

After the FP3 of Abu Dhabi it looks like Lewis is back to driving the fastest car. Now will he be able to shut his mouth and just drive or has his mental balance been totally out-done by the Vettel/Newey duo already?

Irony, isn't it? He pointed out Vettel still gets pole eventhough he misses 4 apex, now Lewis is in a position that he can still get pole eventhough he uses the harder tyre.

#110 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 3,175 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:11

Fp3 here is almost like a different track in terms of conditions though. The redbull seemed to be able to find a lot more on softs on the cooler track yesterday. Might actually be an interesting q3 today :)

#111 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 3,175 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:11

Irony, isn't it? He pointed out Vettel still gets pole eventhough he misses 4 apex, now Lewis is in a position that he can still get pole eventhough he uses the harder tyre.

What's ironic about that then

#112 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:15

What's ironic about that then

you really don't understand??

#113 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:17

Its the Media that keep asking him those questions ffs grow up .

Yeah I agree, I think it's the media that keeps making big fuss about Hamilton-Alonso lovefest.. it's not like he voluntarily whines about Vettel, he just answers the questions.

#114 robefc

robefc

• 13,534 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:17

Not sure it's that clearcut, although webber was suprisingly slow.

Can't remember how he stacked up against vettel yesterday.

#115 Juggles

Juggles

• 902 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:33

:up:

Not classy and a whiner, not cool Lewis :down:
Must have really hurt when Red Bull told Lewis (' management) to take a hike and subsequently sign Mark Webber for 2013

It may have done if it meant Red Bull think Webber is a better driver than Hamilton, but let's be honest, we know it means the opposite. They have chosen their favoured son and any driver who is likely to match or beat that favourite is too much of a risk to team harmony.

In the same way it probably didn't hurt to be turned down by Ferrari because Alonso rallied against Hamilton as a teammate, a mark of respect that doesn't appear to have been extended to Vettel. But maybe I'm reading it wrong and Alonso just wants to test himself against the best...

Hamilton should take both decisions as praise of the highest order.

#116 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:34

Is Hamilton finally losing it completely?

#117 Nigol

Nigol

• 2,744 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:44

I wanted to point out that the comparison is relevant to check whether Hamilton's statement is true (Alonso begin more accurate than Vettel), but I may have misinterpreted the intention of your post.

Yeah, you did. People say 'he had a better car than XY, but still finished behind' and 'he's missing apexes too' but - true or not - that is completely irrelevant for his statement about Vettel.

#118 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:46

My post wasn´t meant to be serious, but i doubt MW would agree, that he´s so bad, that SV can afford to miss 4 apexes on a hotlap and still be faster than him.

I remember reading an interview with Webber when he seemed to imply that Alonso was better than Vettel in his opinion. Don't think he would say that if he didn't mean it.

#119 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,283 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:49

My post wasn´t meant to be serious, but i doubt MW would agree, that he´s so bad, that SV can afford to miss 4 apexes on a hotlap and still be faster than him.

The RB is designed around Vettel. If they designed the car around Webber he would most likely be faster.

Just as the Ferrari is designed around Alonso, and look where Massa is.

McLaren on the other hand try to do something inbetween, a compromise between the drivers, and result is no WCC or WDCs. To get Button, in hindsight, really screwed McLaren up.

Edited by Alx09, 03 November 2012 - 11:51.

Advertisement

#120 bauss

bauss

• 5,067 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:50

He has been the best on the last 3 races. A whole season is about 17 races, and we all know over those 17 races McLaren has been consistly faster and much regular on qualy than the rest.

Note: I´m talking about qualy pace and not about race pace.

its amazing how blindly you don't see your own bias.

When he is beaten by others, its the McLaren that is quicker.

But when it is obvious to all and sundry that the Red Bull is very much the fastest, with both drivers locking up front row after front row even with scruffy laps and lapping close to a second quicker than the rest attimes in the race, it is because Vettel is the best.

Childish rubbish.

Edited by bauss, 03 November 2012 - 11:51.

#121 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 7,032 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:51

I think Hamilton is running some kind of competition. How many times a day he can praise Alonso and dismiss Vettel. I think it is making him look like such a loser.

It is funny when you factor in what Jenson Button said after a GP a few months ago.

Jenson Button when asked about Hamilton's description of Alonso's performance as "phenomenal" following Valencia GP.

“There’s been a lot of arse-kissing going on lately,” Button told British newspapers. “I don’t know what’s happening. It’s quite strange.”

#122 fred54

fred54

• 192 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:52

Is Hamilton finally losing it completely?

I think Hamilton just said what every fan of F1 (as oppose to Redbull, McLaren, Alonso etc.) is thinking right now, Vettel has a massive car advantage, but still deserves the success because he and the TEAM made the most of it, hardly contraversial or losing the plot.

#123 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:53

Wierd, Lewis praising Alonso makes him look a loser, but Buttons sly digs pass with no comments.......

#124 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:55

So is there any examples of these laps then? I have never seen Vettel, or anyone else take pole while missing 4 apexes (meaning 4 mistakes) in their pole lap. Of course there can be 1 or 2 lock ups where the ultimate line is not quite met (Hamilton does this way more often than Vettel) but 4 missed apexes? No.

Hilarious to see Alonso and Hamfans not beaing able to handle what Vettel's doing to their idols. :p

#125 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:57

“There’s been a lot of arse-kissing going on lately,” Button told British newspapers. “I don’t know what’s happening. It’s quite strange.”

There's nothing strange about what's happening (and I'm sure Button knows it as well). This is so transparent it's borderline amusing.

#126 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:00

LOL. Did he literally say that? :rotfl:

#127 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,875 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:02

Is he jeaolus too? :rotfl:

#128 ensign14

ensign14

• 61,756 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:02

Apices.

#129 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:04

Is he jeaolus too? :rotfl:

Jealous? You seriously got from that quote that he is jealous? My goodness... :rolleyes:

#130 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

I think Hamilton just said what every fan of F1 (as oppose to Redbull, McLaren, Alonso etc.) is thinking right now, Vettel has a massive car advantage, but still deserves the success because he and the TEAM made the most of it, hardly contraversial or losing the plot.

But what he says is that lots of F1 drives would be as competitive as Vettel, which basically means that lots of drivers would be at least as deserving than Vettel (of course including our mighty praise-each-other-every-day F1 combo). It's his opinion, but saying that almost everyone in F1 shares it, is likely not true.

#131 Ashitank

Ashitank

• 394 posts

He may be effusive in his praise for Vettel's character, but nothing like it when it comes to his driving. Anyway missing 4 apexes and going off are over-exaggeration. It's good for him that he thinks lot of people could be as competitive as Vettel in Red Bull. But he is in for a rude awakening if he ever goes up against Vettel in the same car. The fact is Hamilton wanted to drive for Red Bull, but Red Bull said 'No thanks, we would continue with Vettel'. This is a bit of loose talk and is quite disrespecting of Vettel's driving skills.

If he continues to win multiple championships and Hamilton and Alonso continue along the same vein, Vettel would not be one of the many others, but rated even higher those two. Only the British fans and Spanish fans tend to rate Vettel less than those two. His championships and wins speak for themselves in most parts of the world.

I am not British nor Spanish & I rate Fernando as best overall closely followed by Lewis :down:

How do you & Who are you to decide what fans who are not British or Spanish like or dont like :rolleyes:

#132 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:05

Mark is a realist, Sebastian has missed apexes and been faster than him.

Again, can you prove he missed apexes???

Please answer me and prove it, without proves your or Lewis stats are simply nonsense.

Please can anyone who said such nonsense things prove at least what they are saying or simply rubbish to downplay Seb?

Edited by Alarcon, 03 November 2012 - 12:06.

#133 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:08

Wierd, Lewis praising Alonso makes him look a loser, but Buttons sly digs pass with no comments.......

The thing is he praised Vettel in that statement aswel but everyones overlooking it as usual, all the haters come runing around because its hamilton.

#134 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:09

There's nothing strange about what's happening (and I'm sure Button knows it as well). This is so transparent it's borderline amusing.

Martin Brundle just said "I think Lewis hates it when we pump Sebastian Vettel up"

#135 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,875 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:11

Jealous? You seriously got from that quote that he is jealous? My goodness... :rolleyes:

Jelous because nobody is kissing his ass :kiss: , you are too tense.

#136 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:14

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/20108341

2 maybe 3 apexes missed, from India.

#137 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:14

Martin Brundle just said "I think Lewis hates it when we pump Sebastian Vettel up"

#138 Ashitank

Ashitank

• 394 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:16

Vettel in same car is no match for Lewis & Alonso.

RB is the fastest car with EBD set-up to Vettels liking & Vettel can get pole by 0.5 seconds because he can afford to miss apex coz hes got the car beneath him as he likes.

/Thread.

#139 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:16

Again, you can prove it your just quote what other said and not proved???

Please PROVE ME he missed 4 appex, and then I will take you (this thread) serious.

I would like you/others put the SV lap and explain where he missed 2,3 or 4 appex.

Edited by Alarcon, 03 November 2012 - 12:18.

Advertisement

#140 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 5,630 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:17

Vettel in same car is no match for Lewis & Alonso.

RB is the fastest car with EBD set-up to Vettels liking & Vettel can get pole by 0.5 seconds because he can afford to miss apex coz hes got the car beneath him as he likes.

/Thread.

You have absolutely no proof of that. It has not happened yet.

#141 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:18

Again, you can prove it your just quote what other said and not proved???

Please PROVE ME he missed 4 appex, and then I will take you (this thread) serious.

When did i say 4?

#142 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 7,032 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:20

You could deduce from that article that Vettel missed 3 apexes on his pole lap? :confused:

#143 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:21

When did i say 4?

Ahem, I think it was about what Hamilton said.

#144 P123

P123

• 23,878 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:21

Obviously you can afford errors if your car is quick enough relative to the competition. Probably more truth to it last season than this, but Vettel is still the best over one lap.

#145 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:22

Sorry but this thread is just rubbish. Lewis could say whatever he want, here you have SV pole lap... perfect pole lap.

He missed any appex.

#146 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:23

When did i say 4?

Don´t hide! PROVE PLEASE HE MISSED 2 or 3 What you said.

In fact, here is the video... c´mon, find it!

I will be here waiting your answer. Maybe you are able to explain us or support Lewis jealous stats! Sorry but as I said back this thread is simply a rubbish downplay (even based on rubbish stats) from Lewis Hamilton.

Edited by Alarcon, 03 November 2012 - 12:24.

#147 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:24

You could deduce from that article that Vettel missed 3 apexes on his pole lap? :confused:

Video on the page has pole lap.

Im not trawling through youtube to find a poor quality pole lap, its impossible discussing Vettel with his fans anyway as they forget everything that happened before his car was once again dominant.

#148 tomjol

tomjol

• 883 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:24

Don´t hide. PROVE PLEASE HE MISSED 2 or 3

I will be here waiting your answer. Maybe you are able to explain us or support Lewis jealous stats!

I don't think you understand how this works.

Lewis made a claim. You can't then demand proof of that claim from other people.

#149 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:25

and Lewis yet again makes a fool of himself...This guy never learns ,now does he?

Misses four apexes and still gets pole??..This guy is 55-18 against one of the best qualifiers on the grid...You can say anything u want about Webber but he is unarguably a phenomenal qualifier.

and before someone comes in and plays the bias card,im not a 'proper' fan of either Hamilton or Vettel.infact i used to like the prior better...but his recent actions/comments are making it more and more difficult for me to respect him..the way he conducts himself,im reasonably certain this guy has a low average IQ at best.

Edited by grunge, 03 November 2012 - 12:27.

#150 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:25

Don´t hide! PROVE PLEASE HE MISSED 2 or 3 What you said.

I will be here waiting your answer. Maybe you are able to explain us or support Lewis jealous stats! Sorry but as I said back this thread is simply a rubbish downplay (even based on rubbish stats) from Lewis Hamilton.

That video missed the corner of the straight which he misses then the end of the straight which he misses then the last corner which you could argue he misses.

Edited by jrg19, 03 November 2012 - 12:26.