Photo

Perez: "My target is to win the championship already next year"

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Perez in 2013 with Mclaren (269 member(s) have cast votes)

Will he match Hamilton's Qualifying pace

1. yes (16 votes [5.95%])

Percentage of vote: 5.95%

2. no (212 votes [78.81%])

Percentage of vote: 78.81%

3. we'll have to see (41 votes [15.24%])

Percentage of vote: 15.24%

will he buckle under pressure and make mistakes like end of 2012

1. yes (137 votes [50.93%])

Percentage of vote: 50.93%

2. no (44 votes [16.36%])

Percentage of vote: 16.36%

3. We'll have to see (88 votes [32.71%])

Percentage of vote: 32.71%

Will he outscore and outspeed button

1. yes (39 votes [14.50%])

Percentage of vote: 14.50%

2. no (148 votes [55.02%])

Percentage of vote: 55.02%

3. time will tell (82 votes [30.48%])

Percentage of vote: 30.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Santosdf

Santosdf

• 267 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 15:25

He is going with the right attitude, the track will put him in his place, behind or in front of Button that's yet to be seen.

:up: Agree

I don't think he will match Button ( I rate Button very high )in the first half of the season, and at the end Button will finish ahead , then 2014 he can fight for the championship. May be just wishful thinking , we'll see .

Advertisement

#52 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,233 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 15:30

"As a McLaren driver, it is my view (and the official view of the McLaren group) that I shall be in contention for the title next year."

:p

#53 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 13,725 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 16:01

joke of the month.

He never said that he expects to win the title in the first year. He only mentioned the word 'expectation' in a slightly different context.

"As a McLaren driver, it is my view (and the official view of the McLaren group) that I shall be in contention for the title next year."

Afterburner, where is that quote from ? I can find it or see a source for it anywhere. It looks like somebody has just made it up.

#54 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 3,633 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 16:01

:kiss:

#55 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 16:21

"The simulation algorithms at the VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES team factory have estimated a high element of probability for myself to achieve a target goal of winning the World Drivers Championship next year. It is therefore in my designated program to do the utmost to maximize the equipment kindly supplied and mantained by VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES, and collect an optimal amount of points in order to attain the target. Failure to do so would not be par for the VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES program, and would necessitate a mental reboot of myself or potentially a driver software update, once the VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES board completes a risk assessment plan. The driving entity known as myself would not desire an outcome that requires to go through that process, so I am required to break protocol and speak in the first person by directly stating that I want to be world champion, for VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES."

Edited by noikeee, 04 December 2012 - 16:27.

#56 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 12,293 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 16:31

if that was not his target he would have had the wrong job. you race to win

#57 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,233 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 16:49

Afterburner, where is that quote from ? I can find it or see a source for it anywhere. It looks like somebody has just made it up.

It's a joke quote I made, implied by the :p face below. Basically, it's my opinion that what Checo says shouldn't be considered a surprise at all given that he is now a McLaren driver and is required to adopt MaccaSpeak as his basic mode of communication. (Thanks, ZooL. ;))

"The simulation algorithms at the VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES team factory have estimated a high element of probability for myself to achieve a target goal of winning the World Drivers Championship next year. It is therefore in my designated program to do the utmost to maximize the equipment kindly supplied and mantained by VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES, and collect an optimal amount of points in order to attain the target. Failure to do so would not be par for the VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES program, and would necessitate a mental reboot of myself or potentially a driver software update, once the VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES board completes a risk assessment plan. The driving entity known as myself would not desire an outcome that requires to go through that process, so I am required to break protocol and speak in the first person by directly stating that I want to be world champion, for VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES."

Even better. :rotfl:

#58 rijole1

rijole1

• 633 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 17:28

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#59 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,153 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 18:22

Yeah he will do it hammy style, oh wait... Maybe the 2nd year then.