- - - - -

Newey Red Bull Contract - Question?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SanDiegoGo

SanDiegoGo

• 1,065 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 17:14

What kind of contract does Newey have with Red Bull, is it a multi-year or does he re-new every year, anyone know? He seems like the kind of guy who would like a contract that would allow him to leave when he pleases, if the landscape changes.

Advertisement

#2 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,451 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 17:26

No idea of the contract length, but reading the McLaren story and his departure I seems obvious that he wants 'freedom', as long as Red Bull does not confine him and he is able to field cars which are seen as the best I do not think he will leave Red Bull.

Both Williams and McLaren lost him through their particular way of doing things, I would venture to the detriment of both of them.

:cool:

#3 sblick

sblick

• 1,208 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 17:29

Can't leave fellow San Diegan hanging :cool: .He has a multi-year contract.  I do not know when he is up for renewal.  I know one of his goals is to design an Americas Cup boat so at some time he needs to do that.  He also has some lovely vintage race cars he likes to drive.  If you look at his past history you see he likes to stay put.  I think he had 7 years at Williams and another 7 at McLaren but someone in the forum will straighten it out.

#4 katmen

katmen

• 825 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 17:53

If I remenber correctly,both Newey and Vettel made longterm deals last year, I remeber that the Vettels contract is the same length as Neweys  till at least 2015.