Photo

Will you lose interest in F1 if it continues to be a Ferrari 1-2 all season?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you lose interest in F1 if it continues to be a Ferrari 1-2 all season? (244 member(s) have cast votes)

1. No (185 votes [75.82%])

Percentage of vote: 75.82%

2. Yes (59 votes [24.18%])

Percentage of vote: 24.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 HDonaldCapps

HDonaldCapps

• 2,482 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:23

I will never lose interest in F1.

Never is a long time.....

Advertisement

#52 crosstherubi

crosstherubi

• 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 14:55

ferrari 1-2., mclaern 1-2., renault 1-2.,

same stuff, different years, different teams

get some of the rules out of the way and let the mate race.

#53 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 15:17

People talk about races themselfs, and entertainment, but there is also the side of traveling and visiting gps, and I for one find maybe visiting Singapore, a night race very exciting, alot of fun to be had during the evening.

One of the things f1 does well is putting places on the map, and making you wanna visit them, I still want to do Monaco, haven't been to Spa yet, there is unfinished business for me on the traveling/gp side, I know I'll go to the future Indian GP. It's the other world I enjoy outside watching it on tv, it' can be a treat.

#54 Two Jags

Two Jags

• 75 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 16:31

Originally posted by potmotr
Even though Ferrari are not my favorite team I think it could be a great season if Massa can step up to the plate and take on Kimi.

I agree - it's not like the Schuey era because at least both Ferrari drivers are free to race each other & a close battle between them would certainly keep my interest. Not forgetting that Kimi owes Massa one for the Brazil gift too...

I'm also interested to see what happens as the teams slow the development of their 2008 cars. At some point they're going to have to start concentrating most of their resources into the 2009 designs & that might throw up a few unusual results towards the end of the season - especially if Ferrari are way out in front in both championships.

#55 MarkWRX

MarkWRX

• 844 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 16:51

I was watching F1 before I was a fan of any one team and even though I support McLaren, I would continue to watch if Ferrari were to dominate.

I am not sure that's going to happen, but if it did, I will still watch, to see where the rest of the teams and drivers race and place.

#56 Chiara

Chiara

• 1,847 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 17:03

Originally posted by SeanValen
People talk about races themselfs, and entertainment, but there is also the side of traveling and visiting gps, and I for one find maybe visiting Singapore, a night race very exciting, alot of fun to be had during the evening.

One of the things f1 does well is putting places on the map, and making you wanna visit them, I still want to do Monaco, haven't been to Spa yet, there is unfinished business for me on the traveling/gp side, I know I'll go to the future Indian GP. It's the other world I enjoy outside watching it on tv, it' can be a treat.

Yes had forgotten that. We have two new GP's this year - which should be interesting - not least because all teams will be starting with zero amounts of data for their car set-ups :p

#57 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 3,066 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 17:22

Originally posted by Chiara

Yes had forgotten that. We have two new GP's this year - which should be interesting - not least because all teams will be starting with zero amounts of data for their car set-ups :p

Just the way I like it.;)

#58 Fausta

Fausta

• 397 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:44

It isn't only about the sharp end of the field. I have been an FA fan since he first came to Renault and I love watching him push the current car past its limits. It is all the small dramas on the grid that make it fun. Like who DC will run into or be hit by next, things like that.