Photo

Best Seats? Spa and Monza

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JForce

JForce

• 13,847 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:41

So I'm heading to Europe for some GP action, hopefully both the Belgian and Italian GPs, and am wondering where the best place to sit is?

From looking at it, I'm thinking La Source at Spa, and the outside of Parabollica at Monza?

Tell us about where you sat when you've been to GPs, and what makes it great?

Advertisement

#2 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,760 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:00

So I'm heading to Europe for some GP action, hopefully both the Belgian and Italian GPs, and am wondering where the best place to sit is?

From looking at it, I'm thinking La Source at Spa, and the outside of Parabollica at Monza?

Tell us about where you sat when you've been to GPs, and what makes it great?

If you mean any GP, then Stowe @ Silverstone is where I go. You can see the cars coming along Hanger Straight, thru Stowe, Club, and on up to Bridge. This year we should be able to see them up the first half of the new section. To me it's the best stand on the circuit as you get to see the cars for the max amount of time, and there are quite a few overtaking points.

#3 fnz

fnz

• 2,138 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:31

I prefer Gold 3 @ Spa, you can see the cars coming out of La Source down the hill and enjoy their roaring engine sound through Eau Rouge/Radillon combo! Loved it

#4 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:46

At Monza I would go for the Variante Della Roggia for sure.

For Spa, gee that's quite tough, there are so many good spots.

The exit of La Source as someone has suggested is good.

Eau Rouge is obviously great.

Right at the end of Kemmel at Les Combes would also be great, as there is usually action at those corners.

You must have deep pockets though, grandstand seats cost heaps!

I did the Monza/Spa double header a few years ago.

It was totally awesome.

#5 Buckethead

Buckethead

• 710 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:59

use virtual map at http://www.mygpticket.com :)

Edited by Buckethead, 25 February 2010 - 11:00.

#6 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,360 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:43

Don't go grandstand at Spa, have a wander round on the sat if you can to find the best place for the race. I chose the Kemmel straight, Kimi overtook Fisi right in front of us.

#7 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 14:05

Don't go grandstand at Spa, have a wander round on the sat if you can to find the best place for the race. I chose the Kemmel straight, Kimi overtook Fisi right in front of us.

I agree with WWODB.

I watched from midway up Kemmel in 2007, was awesome.

You can see the cars for ages, there's a big screen close, and you can also see across the valley over to the bus stop.

Just get there early and have your elbows out, the Belgians were a pretty pushy bunch when I was there.

#8 SmercH

SmercH

• 93 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 14:56

For Spa it's definately end of Kemmel straight. Haven't been there on F1 race, but from what I've seen in F2, F3 and WSR - that's the place where most of the action is. As a bonus - you don't have to buy expensive seat tickets, just general access. However early arrival is required as the hill along Kemmel is filling with people pretty quick.

#9 CSquared

CSquared

• 674 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 17:18

We were just outside the exit of the Parabolica in 2009. I didn't like it that much, actually. It was kinda boring. While walking around in GA that weekend we briefly checked out the Ascari chicane and that is one beautiful corner. If I ever get back to Monza that's where I want to get a seat.

#10 MONTOYASPEED

MONTOYASPEED

• 8,110 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:39

Grandstand 6C (I think this is the last one on the outside of turn 1). Saw Hamilton get past Kimi there in 07. Great view.

You can sit wherever you want on Friday and Saturday.

#11 MONTOYASPEED

MONTOYASPEED

• 8,110 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:40

I forgot to say that it was regarding Monza.

#12 pabloeldiablo

pabloeldiablo

• 23 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 20:25

I went to Monza last year, I had tickets for the first corner Grandstand - Tribuna Esterna Prima Variante A. I think the A section is higher up, our tickets turned out to be the 2nd row from the back. The view was very good, although I think I would have liked to be closer to the track. I was a bit surprised as we went for the more expensive of the tickets for that stand so I kind of thought the view would have been better. But having said that, it was still very good. There was a big TV screen straight in front of us so it was easy to keep track of what was going on.

I'd like to go back to Monza this year but I think I will buy grandstand tickets for the start/finish straight. The weather was blistering hot and the grandstand wasn't covered so we had little or no protection from the sun. Plus I like the idea of see the cars and drivers line up on the grid before the race.

I'm going to Spa this year and I have a grandstand seat for Eau Rouge. I was thinking about buying tickets for there and the stand was also recommended to me by someone who sat there last year also.

#13 DREW

DREW

• 462 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 14:54

Had seats in Gold 3 in '08. The WHA-RUMPH sound that the cars make as they drag their plank thru Eau Rouge will echo in my head forever. I can now die a happy man.

Have a great time. :wave:

#14 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:39

I prefer Gold 3 @ Spa, you can see the cars coming out of La Source down the hill and enjoy their roaring engine sound through Eau Rouge/Radillon combo! Loved it

Like you and Drew, I sat here in 2005 - couldn't imagine a better place to watch the race from! Amazing!

J - if you do go, try and book early and stay in Liege which is the nearest decent sized city. Also make sure you walk around the track for the practice sessions. Bonus if it rains as part of the track will be bone dry and other parts very wet.

#15 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,801 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 19:05

Ha! Been to both myself J, what do you know. Next stop for you is melbourne to make a match with the four i have been to.

I was quite young and went with GA which was Ok but frankly, i'd do seating now. Give yourself an AGE to get to and from the rack at both races, organisation is non-existant. Spa in particular is just AWFUL to get to and from, whilst the genisuses at Monza have a 4 ft wide exit gate for 2 million people to squeeze through.