Photo

Monterey Historics - for artists

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyspa27

jonnyspa27

• 56 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 23:48

Hello, I know that there are a few well published artists here on the boards and I wanted to ask some advice as to
where a potential first time exhibitor at the Monterey Historics could show their work? It seems a bit difficult to find
a trailhead to search on. I have contacted a few of the auction houses that will be taking care of the auto auctions.
The galleries are another story all together, there are many in Carmel but most do not have any knowledge of showing
motorsport artwork at their gallery for the week. I am just trying to get a little piece of mind to help narrow my
search. Thanks for your time folks! :wave:

Advertisement

#2 T54

T54

• 2,504 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 23:59

I believe that best for you would be to search online to the Carmel galleries, especially the ones on Ocean ave., contact them by email and make them a proposal for the week.
The "other" solution is to make an exploratory trip "in the flesh" ahead of time, but that could be costly.

#3 buckaluck

buckaluck

• 149 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 00:25

You can also get a vendor spot at the race track in the vendor area there is always plenty of artists work on display in various vendors tents plus you will have more people that would be interested in automotive art there at the races. There is also something for memorabilia on the tue/wed prior to the Historics at the Embassy Suites you should be able to find info about it on the net.

Buck

#4 Marc Sproule

Marc Sproule

• 984 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 00:40

I don't know if it still exists, but there used to be a gallery near or in the complex where the Doubletree is in Monterey. It was years ago but they had a show of Anne Peyton's work during a race weekend, probably CART.

I don't have her email address but Gill Campbell, the head poohbah at Laguna, might be able to help you with the galleries. She'll definitely know the answer about selling at the track.

Don't get your hopes up too high. It could be quite a tough nut to crack.

http://www.flickr.co...os/46681980@N03

#5 dretceterini

dretceterini

• 2,991 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:55

What about the automobilia show that is held every year?

http://www.automobiliamonterey.com/