Photo

Who would you like to see to win WDC?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Who would you like to see to win WDC? (166 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you like to see to win WDC?

1. Alonso (61 votes [36.75%])

Percentage of vote: 36.75%

2. Webber (53 votes [31.93%])

Percentage of vote: 31.93%

3. Vettel (21 votes [12.65%])

Percentage of vote: 12.65%

4. Hamilton (31 votes [18.67%])

Percentage of vote: 18.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 August

August

• 3,277 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:54

Although there has been so many polls, here comes still one. This is not about team-orders or most probable WDC. This is about who would you like to see to win WDC?

Although this may be Webbo's last chance to the title and that's why I hope he wins it, still, Lewis's title would be even more special. I don't know if anyone has before win WDC if he has been in P4 in WDC standings with one race to go. That's why I'd love to see Lewis winning the WDC.

Advertisement

#2 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 7,032 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:57

My order of preference for the 2010 WDC :
1. Alonso or Vettel
3. Webber
4. Hamilton

#3 markf

markf

• 461 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:58

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel or Webber

#4 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:02

Alonso, but if he can't win I'd say Vettel because he really deserves the WDC after the last races...

#5 TT6

TT6

• 3,571 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:04

I don't want to see any kind of fixing. Therefore the best option is Alonso having engine related dnf right away, then Webber and Vettel can race their hearts out to find out who'll get it. Wouldn't that be the one who wins the race gets it then?

If they take each others out when both trying to win and Hamilton sneaks into WDC I have no objections to that.

(Not that I have anything against Alonso, he just happens to be in a position it'll potentially ruin a perfectly good race).

Edited by TT6, 10 November 2010 - 09:05.

#6 SuRGe

SuRGe

• 95 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:06

My heart: Alonso will win it from pole :clap: :clap:
My head: Vettel will let Webbo pass and he'll be WDC

#7 Redstorm

Redstorm

• 343 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:10

I'm with suRGe.

#8 billfenner1967

billfenner1967

• 129 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:11

Alonso, but if he can't win I'd say Vettel because he really deserves the WDC after the last races...

Yes, but what about that dodgy period mid year? It's like saying a movie was great because its ending was good, but you forget the boring first half.

I think anyone who is in contention and amasses the most points deserves the WDC.

The only time you could argue differently if, say, a driver were leading the championship comfortably with a few races remaining and then gets seriously hurt or killed and therefore the guy in second who would never have won had something so terrible happened, picks up the points and nabs the championship at the end. I think that scenario very nearly happened in 1970 with Jochen Rindt. If Jacky Ickx had taken the championship that year people could have justifably said Ickx's victory was hollow.

#9 SteF1an

SteF1an

• 893 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:22

1. Vettel by a mile

2. Hamilton

#10 TT6

TT6

• 3,571 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:23

Another problem is the fact that Webber is usually slower than Vettel so the odds are that Vettel will have a pole, Webber 2nd and Alonso third. So there's a need for fixing among Red Bull.

Should Webber be on pole, Vettel 2nd and Alonso third there would be a race for WDC. Alonso would be really trying to get 2nd, just wondering how hard Vettel would defend.

#11 juandiego

juandiego

• 404 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:37

Alonso or Webber in this order. Alonso as a reward for the long wait and never give-up attitude and Webber as a reward for a whole career and his surprising capability to match someone as Vettel in a team that has some bias to this latter.
Vettel has not shown enough so far to deserve something as highly regarded as the youngest WDC ever title. This year he has had a dominant car but has only been marginally faster than Webber. Neither he has shown so far the skill to cope as well as Alonso and Hamilton from midfield positions.

#12 Nom

Nom

• 77 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:42

Alonso
Vettel/Webber
Hamilton

#13 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:43

M A R K W E B B E R

There is no other justice to how guys raced this season.

#14 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,658 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:46

Webber of course, if not then ALonso..

#15 Tombstone

Tombstone

• 1,392 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:49

The McLaren Driver, if not then the Aussie RB driver, then the other RB driver. Hopefully the ferrari driver dnfs.

#16 JosTheBoss

JosTheBoss

• 571 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:11

Webber, then Alonso, then Hamilton .... then Button, Kubica, Massa ..... then a whole lot of other drivers I dont care for.... then a few other drivers i'd rather see dead by the side of the track.... then the skeletal remains of a few past champions.... then Vettel.

#17 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:21

I don't really include Hamilton as an option, so I chose Alonso. Webber's made loads of mistakes in the season with pretty much zero reliability issues, Vettel has made driver errors too, but the only reason Vettel is behind (everyone, by some margin) is because of reliability rather than the mistakes he has made. So arguably he 'deserves' to be the WDC more than anyone else.

But, I really don't like Red Bull! They seem very arrogant, and I'm not a fan of their drivers and I never was and I never will be. Alonso and Ferrari are pricks, but a in a nice, pantomime villain sort of manner.

In order words it'll be like "ah, touché, you have won this time, Ferrari, curse you!". Instead of "****ing Red Bull ***** won it all this season"

#18 2fast4u

2fast4u

• 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:26

Webber
Hamilton
Alonso
Vettel

I would like it in that order, but realistically, I see it going to Alonso

#19 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:38

Webber but failing that, anyone BUT Alonso.

Advertisement

#20 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:42

Webber
Alonso
Vettel

Hamilton

#21 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:46

I don't think Hammy has a chance, realistically, of the others it's probably Vettel who on a car+driving basis deserves it most.

He is amazingly unpopular though, people here really not buying the jokey kid image at all.

Webber and Alonso both more likeable in many ways, but each with their dark side...

#22 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:55

I don't think Hammy has a chance, realistically, of the others it's probably Vettel who on a car+driving basis deserves it most.

He is amazingly unpopular though, people here really not buying the jokey kid image at all.

Webber and Alonso both more likeable in many ways, but each with their dark side...

I think people are taking into account realism when voting. Cuz we all know that Mclaren is the most popular team on this board, yet Lewis is just as 'unpopular' as Vettel is according to the poll.

Also, how did you come to the conclusion that Vettel's personality is fake? :well: I think he's much more likeable than either Alonso or Lewis. Haters will be haters, though.  ;)

#23 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 11,565 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:59

I don't really include Hamilton as an option, so I chose Alonso. Webber's made loads of mistakes in the season with pretty much zero reliability issues, Vettel has made driver errors too, but the only reason Vettel is behind (everyone, by some margin) is because of reliability rather than the mistakes he has made. So arguably he 'deserves' to be the WDC more than anyone else.

But, I really don't like Red Bull! They seem very arrogant, and I'm not a fan of their drivers and I never was and I never will be. Alonso and Ferrari are pricks, but a in a nice, pantomime villain sort of manner.

In order words it'll be like "ah, touché, you have won this time, Ferrari, curse you!". Instead of "****ing Red Bull ***** won it all this season"

Not to be picky, but reliability isn't the only reason he's behind - it's just one of the reasons he is where he is in the points.

#24 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:02

Not to be picky, but reliability isn't the only reason he's behind - it's just one of the reasons he is where he is in the points.

Its a VERY big reason, though. Nobody has lost nearly as much as him due to reliability issues. 63 points or something, is it?

Its amazing how much people are trying to downplay it. :well:

#25 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,658 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:03

Its a VERY big reason, though. Nobody has lost nearly as much as him due to reliability issues. 63 points or something, is it?

Well it's just karma paying Vettel back for being an annoying git k

#26 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:05

1.Hamilton
2.Webber
3.Alonso

Please, don't let take Vettel the WDC :p

#27 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:05

I think people are taking into account realism when voting. Cuz we all know that Mclaren is the most popular team on this board, yet Lewis is just as 'unpopular' as Vettel is according to the poll.

Also, how did you come to the conclusion that Vettel's personality is fake? :well: I think he's much more likeable than either Alonso or Lewis. Haters will be haters, though. ;)

Mmm, of the two of us, who's called a driver a ****? Hater!!!! :p

But yeah there's some realism in Lewis' figures I'm sure.

Sebi, well the facade came off big time in Turkey and there've been a couple of other glimpses too, saying after T1 Silverstone 'Lewis was trying to finish what he started in Valencia', the 'I'm not the kind of guy who <behaves like I behave>' stuff, the sulks or the finger it's hard to know whether he's worse at winning or losing. After these the jokey adolescent act with the sexi car names is a bit paper thin.

Anyway I think he's driven well, I'm interested to see if he wins the championship, if his popularity improves.

#28 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 11,565 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:10

Of course it's a big reason - that I am not denying - but it isn't the only one. Hasn't he lost almost 50 points through driving errors? More than enough to have won the WDC even with the poor reliability. He's also had a teammate that has been quick enough to pull points off him unlike Alonso and to a lesser extent Hamilton.

You can argue it's the biggest reason but I'm just saying it isn't the only one...

#29 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:12

I hope for vettels sake he doesn't win it. His finger will go into overload, becoming an entity itself. Vettel would soon become a slave to his own hand...

Posted Image
and demand tacos, and burritos...

Edited by goldenboy, 10 November 2010 - 11:14.

#30 juandiego

juandiego

• 404 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:49

Perhaps that's just the reliability rate of another Newey's very fast but unreliable car. It wouldn't be anything new. I'd say that his 2006 McLaren was more or less in the same range.

#31 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:51

It seems that Webbo´s moaning, whining and manipulating did work!

Dunno why Vettel is so unpopular! After all he did nothing wrong! SHould he tell the RB guys "hey please don´t prefer me over Webbo?" :o

#32 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:52

Alonso. He deserves it the most of the top 3.

#33 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:53

Alonso. He deserves it the most of the top 3.

Agree! He has been the most consistent! Especially at the last few races! But when it comes to who I want to win it´s Sebbie :)

#34 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,658 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:11

It seems that Webbo´s moaning, whining and manipulating did work!

Dunno why Vettel is so unpopular! After all he did nothing wrong! SHould he tell the RB guys "hey please don´t prefer me over Webbo?" :o

Missed Turkey huh? :p

#35 flyingman

flyingman

• 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:13

Alonso... then Webber...then Vettel

(again, I don`t give Hamilton a single chance)

#36 Peppe

Peppe

• 205 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:17

They all have made some costly mistakes during the season, Vettel maybe some ~10 points more costly then the others though.

Vettel (Turkey, Britain, Hungary, Belgium)
Webber (Australia, Valencia, Korea)
Alonso (China, Monaco, Britain, Belgium)
Hamilton (Italy, Singapore)

#37 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:23

Missed Turkey huh? :p

Nope! And I didn´t like his behaviour afterwards! But all drivers had their brain farts so far! So people don´t like him because of that single incident?

#38 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:26

1. Hamilton -> best driver on the grid
2. Webber -> was treated badly by the team and they tried everything to take the title away from him
3. Alonso -> just becvause of the German race, I can not put him higher on the list
4. Vettel -> just no way

#39 iotar

iotar

• 2,153 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:27

2. Webber Alonso

3. Osama Bin Laden

4. Hamilton
5. Vettel

;)

Advertisement

#40 juandiego

juandiego

• 404 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:33

2. Webber Alonso

3. Osama Bin Laden

4. Hamilton
5. Vettel

Good Ossie has his chances, but would need every other one to go kaboom, which is not something out of his reach, btw.

#41 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:41

I hope for vettels sake he doesn't win it. His finger will go into overload, becoming an entity itself. Vettel would soon become a slave to his own hand...

Posted Image
and demand tacos, and burritos...

:lol:

This is a signature-worthy post if there ever was one, I'm gonna keep this for future reference :up:

#42 slideways

slideways

• 3,395 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 13:05

Webber/Vettel.

#43 ZZei

ZZei

• 614 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 13:17

Lmao at people rating Webber instead of Vettel. The truth is, Vettel has been faster than him in the majority of the races. Yes, Vettel has made too many crusial mistakes, but I dont remember Webber retiring from the lead too many times this season.

Unless, ofcourse, people believe that RB is supporting only Vettel, which could be true.
E: Well, I wouldnt mind if Webber won it so nevermind

Edited by ZZei, 10 November 2010 - 13:18.

#44 sanjiro

sanjiro

• 1,895 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 13:25

Lmao at people rating Webber instead of Vettel. The truth is, Vettel has been faster than him in the majority of the races. Yes, Vettel has made too many crusial mistakes, but I dont remember Webber retiring from the lead too many times this season.

Unless, ofcourse, people believe that RB is supporting only Vettel, which could be true.

Not true.
SV has been faster in Q by 11-7 and in most cases by less than 0.04s (median not average)
But in races it has been much closer and harder to judge.

Throw away lines like faster in the MAJORITY of race are just not right.

Whilst MW has had some luck (like NOT HAVING A DNF after SV had a mind fart in Turkey)
and SV has had some very unfortunate mechanical DNFs.
Mechanical DNFs alone do not give the whole story.
If they did then MW would be allot further ahead than he is

SV and MW have been the closest (in pace) driver team in the top 10.
This is the ONLY reason FA and LH are in teh WDC fight still
If SV or MW had FM or JB as their team mate this season would have been over by mid way.

#45 billfenner1967

billfenner1967

• 129 posts

I'm a Webber fan, so throughout this year there have been moments when my ire has turned towards Vettel. But then you see him interviewed and he seems like a thoroughly decent chap. The problem is "Dr" Helmut Marko. It's Vettel's association with this arse that makes people like me project our hatred towards him every now and then.

In fact the whole Vettel/Marko relationship strikes me as one of those domineering fathers or mothers that we see so much in tennis, right there in the stands cheering on their teenage sons or daughters, a la Williams sisters, Jelena Dokic, Martina Hingis, the list goes on. Now that Vettel has established himself as a genuinely gifted driver, he'd be well advised to drop Marko and surround himself with just his team only and not some hanger-on mate of Mateshithead's.

#46 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

tbh .. people are not rating Webber just saying who they want to win.

Comparison is tough because one is better than the other in different departments.

#47 ZZei

ZZei

• 614 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 13:28

Not true.
SV has been faster in Q by 11-7 and in most cases by less than 0.04s (median not average)
But in races it has been much closer and harder to judge.

Throw away lines like faster in the MAJORITY of race are just not right.

Whilst MW has had some luck (like NOT HAVING A DNF after SV had a mind fart in Turkey)
and SV has had some very unfortunate mechanical DNFs.
Mechanical DNFs alone do not give the whole story.
If they did then MW would be allot further ahead than he is

SV and MW have been the closest (in pace) driver team in the top 10.
This is the ONLY reason FA and LH are in teh WDC fight still
If SV or MW had FM or JB as their team mate this season would have been over by mid way.

You have a point, Webber was very good at the midseason, but he could have done better at the last few races, where Vettel has had an edge, if he really wants to win the WDC.

#48 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 13:33

1. Hamilton - I reckon his chances at this stage are around the 1% mark.
2. Webber or Vettel - no real preference but maybe a slight lean to Webber, the underdog.
3. Alonso - I don't like Ferrari and don't like Alonso, 'nuff said.

#49 T-Mobile

T-Mobile

• 665 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 13:35

Prior to reading this poll I had a though that Hamilton was going to pull through with a victory, with Alonso on the podium to take the title. One of the Red Bulls drops into the lower half of the points.

I do however want Alonso to win. If Red Bull were going to win they should have done so by now.

#50 Taxi

Taxi

• 4,787 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 13:40

Prior to reading this poll I had a though that Hamilton was going to pull through with a victory, with Alonso on the podium to take the title. One of the Red Bulls drops into the lower half of the points.

I do however want Alonso to win. If Red Bull were going to win they should have done so by now.

Its strange: My favourit driver is Vettel. But somehow i prefer Webber to win it, simply because he's been doing so well and Seb still needs to learn that speed in not everything. I'm sure he will be champ sometime in the future. As for Alonso, he will probabily take it becasuse he's so consistent [and lucky, and 1 st driver in the team]. Hamilton has no chance but if he nailded it I would laugh my ass off.