Photo

Karel Repa - contact desperately sought

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 humphries

humphries

• 931 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:31

Karel Repa, of the Czech Republic, is IMHO a very important person in the small world of motor-racing historians. Following the distastrous floods in Prague in 2002 the library of the Science Museum, including all the automobile related section, was destroyed. Sadly they had only just moved the library from the National Science Museum on the ridge overlooking the city down into the city itself.

AFAIAA the only person with a large collection of programmes, magazines, official results etc of racing in Czechoslovakia and neighbouring countries from the Twenties onward is - Karel Repa.

I used to correspond with him but lost his postal address. His website does not appear to be operating, nor his fax or telephone.

Hopefully I am worrying over nothing but if any of our Czech TFers can put me in contact I would be most grateful.

What we don't want is for his collection to be lost.

John

Advertisement

#2 humphries

humphries

• 931 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 15:55

Nobody knows of Karel's whereabouts?

#3 Eugen

Eugen

• 59 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:18

I hope this helps:
Karel Repa is owner of publishing house "GT Club - MOTORMEDIA" in Prague. :http://www.volny.cz/...tml/english.htm . E-mail gtclub@volny.cz

Eugen

#4 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,583 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:48

Or give him a ring:

Karel Repa GT club
Vondrousova 1181/23
163 00 Praha-Repy

Telefon: +420 257 950 702
Fax: +420 257 950 702

#5 humphries

humphries

• 931 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:50

Thanks Eugen and Arjan.

I have tried both means in the past. A few years ago Karel sent me some of his little journals that he publishes so I know of his publishing company, GT Club-Motormedia.

Recently I have tried but no link could be established by E-Mail nor the phone number recognised. Once I was in the Czech Republic when I phoned but the line was not available.

However I'll try both methods again and perhaps your influence will do the trick! Let's hope so and I'll let you know. Thanks again.

John