Photo

Project Gotham Racing 4 (XBox360)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:43

Enhanced Weather Simulation: “One of the slickest new features in PGR is its weather. Bizarre’s using what it likes to call ‘extreme weather’ for more than just making the sky gray. Water beads up on beautifully on all the gorgeous paintjobs, spray jets out from the tires, and in the in-car view, wipers move and windshields ice up.”

Enhanced Raceway Environments: “A TV-style intro sets up each event, with a commentator offering wisdom…Choppers buzz overhead, camera crews and video vans are everywhere, and hordes of fans line the track. They’ll wear gear with your logo, wave your national flag, and react far more obviously to your performance.”

Extended Car Selection: “PGR4 will deliver a much broader set of vehicles, ranging from a vintage’63 Corvette Sting Ray and the ’54 Maserati 250F to the sleek, ultra-modern Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano.”
On the tracks: “You won’t want to miss out on your viewing time with PGR4’s tracks, which tally up to 200-plus in 10 locations.”

On Xbox Live initiatives: “PGR4’s cooking up a mysterious new matchmaking system (like Halo 2’s).”
On in-car view: ” Bizarre has two key improvements in the works.You’ll now see drivers moving more- feeding the wheel as they zip through turns or pumping their fist after a win. Special effects will also crank up the tension in key moments: you’ll get a shake effect at high speeds, and your vision will blur after spending some quality time with a a wall.”

Advertisement

#2 benn5325

benn5325

• 1,677 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 16:32

:love:

#3 JDeRosa

JDeRosa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:25

Oh man PGR4 is bound to look the shizz. But for now, bring on FM2 !!!

#4 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:13

THANK GOD RAIN IS BACK!!!!

PGR3 was a rushed effort to get the console launched. It was a nice distraction for a while, but PGR2 was better.

PGR4 is a true sequel to PGR2

I'm already sold!!!

There's a video of the rain out on bizarre creations:

It's still work in progress, but still looks greattttttttttttt!

http://www.gamevideo.../video/id/11391

Originally posted by JDeRosa
Oh man PGR4 is bound to look the shizz. But for now, bring on FM2 !!!

Forza looks great too.

Great to have 2 solid car games that will keep everyone going for a long long time, just like PGR2 and Forza did, and I still play those games now and again, even with xbox 360, I got back to Forza and PGR2 at times.

#5 mart

mart

• 735 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:12

new trailer...

PGR4

Nice but sorry, get rid fo the bikes - you obviously can't do them so why bother.

#6 Bernd

Bernd

• 3,313 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:47

Yeah I thought the same Mart. Bikes may be great fun IRL, but in games they just suck.

#7 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 13:23

Originally posted by Bernd
Yeah I thought the same Mart. Bikes may be great fun IRL, but in games they just suck.

But previous bike games, haven't fused cars and bikes and racing in such a way PG4 will. It is racing in the cities,
This is perhaps the best use of bikes in a game ever I think, wait and see, and play online when the time comes, then give me your opinon.

and the title is Project Gotham Racing, it doesn't rule out you can't race with something else other then a car.

In the original MSR on dreamcast, the game PGR was based on, they included a taxi, a lawnmower! and a bus, it was funny like hell, but it didn't take anything away from the game.

I actually think this will raise the game up a level, for online duels, car racers will have to race slightly different for bike drivers, can be more sneaky in a bike, imagine the type of online mixed races, especially something like cat and mouse, and the mouse is the bike, and all the others are cars and players trying to hunt you down. There's so many online race options.

That's what sets PGR games apart, not to be taken simulator seriously, but enough challlenge and fun through the options. Sliding into a bike while taking corners flat out, you have your driving and a bit of chaos as well, and PGR still ranks up as the best online fun I've had from PGR2.

And great to see the rain back.

Originally posted by mart
new trailer...

PGR4

Nice but sorry, get rid fo the bikes - you obviously can't do them so why bother.

But even the PGR cars, you gotta take a pinch of salt, and know the physics are a blend of a simular and arcade, that's the beauty of pgr.
I've never enjoyed bike games that much, but bikes in cities hasn't been done, and to fuse them with cars and online, I think will be alot of fun, wait and watch, and as much as I wanna race other cars, I kinda can't wait to ram some bikes while taking some corners flat out in the rain!!! gonna be fun.

And most of all, I'm happy to just drive a ferrari in the rain in a new pgr game online again, the rain looks great.

#8 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 22:49

Looking forward to driving in the snow :D

#9 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 14:26

October 12th is the release date!

#10 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 23:44

Originally posted by babbel
October 12th is the release date!

http://www.gamersyde...am_4387_en.html

Cool video here.

I'm really excited about it, as Bizarre have had not to rush this game out like PGR3, thrilled with the weather effects, and the Aston Martin DBS is in it, and it feels a bold new step that seems a better follow up to my previous favorite PGR2 which was the last game to have rain in it!

I played the death out of PGR2, it was really the best experience I've had online and single and multiplayer was perfect. Now with PGR4, I get to reexperience it much better then PG3 which was a filler in reallly.

#11 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:48

WOW!!!
Finally some new tracks!!!
And one I can go check out the details for real as I'm only 3 hours from Quebec City.
Then again, I'd rather have my closer Gilles Villeneuve circuit in the game.

BTW, is that rider flippin' the bird in London at about 1m13sec or is he sayin' "C'mon mate! Catch me if ya can!"??? :eek:

#12 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 15:28

The video is also downloadable from Live Marketplace. Lots of silly bike rider gestures that I hope will not make it into the final game and there for the promo only, otherwise it looks awesome.

#13 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 15:38

I'm hoping to get live as soon as possible when I get into my new place, PGR4 is gonna be good fun.

#14 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 16:42

Isn't it coming out...like today??? :confused:

#15 benn5325

benn5325

• 1,677 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 17:58

Yes :clap: Picking it up on my way home. :clap:

#16 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 13:56

Yesssssssssssss...I did too!!! :smoking:

#17 benn5325

benn5325

• 1,677 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 15:49

Have you tried it yet? Mines still in the wrapper, didn't have time last night.
I'll try it tonight after everyone goes to bed and I'm waiting for the Shanghai Practice to start.

#18 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 14:27

It's pretty sweeeeeeeeeeeeettttttt!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Graphics are amazing!!!
But I still don't like "doin' the stylin' thing" in some tracks to keep time from ticking. I suck at drifting!!! I never managed to pick it up... :mad:

#19 19Fan

19Fan

• 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 15:37

This game is much better than PGR3. The graphics are obviously better, but the addition of the motorcycles definitely adds a new twist to the mix. I have been playing PGR4 a lot since I got earlier in the week. The career mode is setup better than the one in 3, which makes the game even that much more addictive. PGR4 is a nice balance between a sim and an arcade racing game.

Advertisement

#20 Maldwyn

Maldwyn

• 1,488 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:38

Looking forward to this Friday when the game is released in the UK. Quite why we have to wait though... :confused:

#21 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 13:24

demo will be out today!

#22 benn5325

benn5325

• 1,677 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 15:06

the more I play this thing, the more I like it.
This is by far the best of the series. Maybe what 3 should have been, but I know they were on a deadline to get it out as a launch title.

#23 mart

mart

• 735 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 22:28

sorry but the bikes are **** - suspension of disbelief is one thing but braking all the way round a corner with your knee down in the snow...**** off

...will give it more tonight but PLEASE stick to cars...overall, so far, not doing as much for me as Forza

#24 Maldwyn

Maldwyn

• 1,488 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:20

Originally posted by babbel
demo will be out today!

I downloaded it last night and like what I've seen so far but like mart I have my doubts about the bikes. I'm not quite sure why they decided to add them to the game, but perhaps things will become clearer when I get the full game tomorrow. I'll be hanging onto Forza though.

#25 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:15

The demo is ok but I still have Halo 3 to finish and by the time I'm done with that there is Mass Effect and Assassins Creed.

Think I'll wait till Feb - March before I'll pick this up, there's just too much coming out heh

#26 benn5325

benn5325

• 1,677 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 13:12

I hadn't tried the bikes yet... Did last night.
Mart, you're 100% right.
Stick to the cars.

#27 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,341 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 13:46

Ladies and gentlemen, this game is amazing, the races are so close! i love the way you can have split screen and play on live at the same time, if anyone fancys a race here on the Nurburgring Half F1 track or full version, add me to you friends list and we're have some clean races, the only thing ive found out bad about the game is the idiots who like to play bumper cars.

Hacklurf is my gamertag. :up:

#28 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,341 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 17:10

Originally posted by Hacklerf
Ladies and gentlemen, this game is amazing, the races are so close! i love the way you can have split screen and play on live at the same time, if anyone fancys a race here on the Nurburgring Half F1 track or full version, add me to you friends list and we're have some clean races, the only thing ive found out bad about the game is the idiots who like to play bumper cars.

Hacklurf is my gamertag. :up:

edit that* my gamertag is now KimiRaikkonen2007 :up:

#29 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 22:36

Originally posted by Hacklerf

edit that* my gamertag is now KimiRaikkonen2007 :up:

You actually paid 800 points to change???

#30 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 22:37

Is the quantity of Halo 3 players online affecting other gamers like me on the XBOX network??? :confused: :confused:
For example, I can't get through a game of Team Fortress 2(from The Orange Box) without losing connection and I won't even mention the amount of time it takes in PGR4 to quick match for single races or championships(and I'm in high speed). Tried it again yesterday and after 5 minutes, I left...

#31 Maldwyn

Maldwyn

• 1,488 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:58

Having played the game for a while, and racked up a few gamerscore points :p I must say I'm somewhat disappointed. Don't get me wrong - it looks great, and is fun to play, but I'm finding myself more and more drawn back to Forza.

#32 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,341 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:33

Originally posted by Arrows4Ever

You actually paid 800 points to change???

Well yea kinda, but i got the points for free so i didn't really mind, i refuse to pay for DLC so i thought meh, ill spend it on a new tag, ive been bored of Hacklurf for ages.

Its funny you mention connection issues on PGR 4, because ive had a few troubles getting into games, but they seem to have cleared up over the last few days,

Ive not played forza online due to difficulties finding a game, i got to level 50 then just quit that game, ive had problems online with forza ever since launch so i think for maybe i need to change some setting on my router.

#33 cathal

cathal

• 33 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 18:43

I bought this the other day. I didn't like PGR3 but have to say I'm realy liking this. Pity its hard to get a ranked match on xbox live, seem to take ages to get enough players.

#34 Formula 1r

Formula 1r

• 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:07

PGR 4 is a amazing game have played some days ago on my cousins xbox

#35 K1 CERB

K1 CERB

• 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 18:33

:clap: I read this review just before Xmas. I had played a borrowed copy previously. Good Ole Father Christmas bought it for me for a pressie - have kicked the family off the sofa & taken charge - a most excellent & engulfing game.

K1 CERB

#36 DemonH720

DemonH720

• 37 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:56

Indeed a great game, even if Forza 2 probably has more realistic elements. My favourite part of PGR4? Laps of the Behemoth Nurb in the snow, which NUTTER dreamed up that as a challenge to unlock stuff? :drunk: :lol:

#37 sw6569

sw6569

• 74 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 15:37

Dunno if anyone still plays PGR but gimme a message if you fancy a game! (new to the forum :))