ERA R5B 'Remus'

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 Bauble

Bauble

• 1,040 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 13:38

Alan,
I will correct the caption forthwith! Thanks for your imput and I am glad that you were able to find the site. Did you enjoy the albums?
I very rarely get any feedback, good, bad or indifferent so I sometimes wonder if I am wasting time and money (there is a cost to having a large site, althoug a much smaller one is free) unfortunately the site does not register 'hits' so there is no way of knowing how many people visit it.
I will post pictures from the Pom shortly for those who care about such things. Assuming anyone does!!

Kind regards,

Bob

Ludovic. You can find yourself and Remus there if you can persuade someone to log-on for you!!!

Only kidding.

Advertisement

#52 Ludovic Lindsay

Ludovic Lindsay

• 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 13:42

The chart may not be that useful and may trumpet the car and all of us drivers more than it should as my original chart did say that they were for class and overall wins. My father's book of results sometimes only mentions his position in class so it's impossible to use any other figures. However, the majority were for overall positions. Ultimately the important thing is no longer its more recent positions (nice for the drivers' egos) but the fact that it's still a very able runner. It's really the people like David Morris, Duncan Ricketts, Bill Morris who deserve the real credit for it's their true expertise developed over many years that kept the marque so much in the public eye.

#53 Ludovic Lindsay

Ludovic Lindsay

• 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 13:47

Dear Bob,

What a site! And I didn't need my resident internet mechanic Alan. And what photos. They really are very good indeed - thanks for that.

L

#54 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 15:24

Thanks Bauble
Got it now - either the event headings on the right weren't there when I looked, or I just missed them :blush:

I've seen Bill Wilks looking happier :)

#55 Wouter Melissen

Wouter Melissen

• 191 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 15:55

Originally posted by Ludovic Lindsay
Dear Bob,

What a site! And I didn't need my resident internet mechanic Alan. And what photos. They really are very good indeed - thanks for that.

L

I think you'll enjoy this shot I got of 'Remus' at Goodwood in 2007:
http://www.ultimatec...m=1&carnum=3821

#56 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 18:21

Originally posted by Bauble
Thanks for your imput and I am glad that you were able to find the site. Did you enjoy the albums?

Sorry, Bob. Very remiss of me not to say that I think they are great photos - and I note that 'The Pom' is already up there, too!
Nice pic, too, from Wouter of Remus three-wheeling through the chicane.

#57 Wouter Melissen

Wouter Melissen

• 191 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 18:24

Originally posted by Alan Cox

Sorry, Bob. Very remiss of me not to say that I think they are great photos - and I note that 'The Pom' is already up there, too!
Nice pic, too, from Wouter of Remus three-wheeling through the chicane.

I also have a shot from 2008 with Mr Lindsay going through the chicane at full opposite lock but I still have to add it to the article.

#58 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:38

Spa 1993, where Ludovic shared the drive with Alain de Cadenet where, IIRC, de Cad dropped it in the kitty litter.
Posted Image Posted Image