Photo

Is Lewis Hamilton the most unfair/dirty active F1 driver?

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Lewis Hamilton the most unfair/dirty active F1 driver? (496 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Yes. He is the dirtiest / most unfair of all (312 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

2. No. They all are as fair/unfair as him. (145 votes [29.35%])

Percentage of vote: 29.35%

3. No. Driver xxx is the dirtiest of all. (37 votes [7.49%])

Percentage of vote: 7.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 prxty

prxty

• 427 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 18:40

Lots of discussions going on Lewis pushing other drivers too much almost every week.
Please, keep it to current F1 drivers. Do not mix MS or JPM into this. Thanks.

It could even merged into this thread.
http://forums.autosp...threadid=103867

Advertisement

#2 rsherb

rsherb

• 348 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 18:52

Please stop these threads......

#3 rhm

rhm

• 990 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 18:53

He's the new Schumacher, no worse.

#4 Vilenova

Vilenova

• 2,869 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 18:55

Prost. Senna. Schumie. Now Hamilton.

Whatever. They are racing.

#5 Deeq

Deeq

• 9,503 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 18:56

It took exactly 1 post before *god* - the real one ;) - was invoked no less than 2 times.. :lol:

#6 stevewf1

stevewf1

• 3,259 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 18:57

Lewis Hamilton just wants to race... He's in the wrong series for trying something dumb like that.

#7 Smudger

Smudger

• 558 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 18:58

What is the point of this?

They are Formula 1 drivers. That makes them pretty different from 14 year olds with an internet connection and half an hour to kill before bedtime.

It's a tough sport for hard men. Put on your big boy pants and get over it.

#8 jesee

jesee

• 1,906 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 18:59

Originally posted by prxty
Lots of discussions going on Lewis pushing other drivers too much almost every week.
Please, keep it to current F1 drivers. Do not mix MS or JPM into this. Thanks.

It could even merged into this thread.
http://forums.autosp...threadid=103867

Hey what a thread from an alonso die-hard. Expect it to be fair, balanced and informative. Can't miss a space for a good bash :clap: :clap: Another tarty thread. Bet the next one will be is hamilton the new jesus or the new devil :rotfl:

#9 selespeed

selespeed

• 1,195 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:01

yes...without a doubt!

#10 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:01

I think the site should blacklist any title with the word "Lewis" or "Hamilton" or "dirty".

#11 ensign14

ensign14

• 62,007 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:05

How many times has LH destroyed someone's race by taking them out?

#12 jesee

jesee

• 1,906 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:07

Originally posted by D.M.N.
I think the site should blacklist any title with the word "Lewis" or "Hamilton" or "dirty".

No...we need some fun. I will suggest some polls threads

1. Is lewis hamilton the new jesus?

2. Is lewis name longer than alonso?

3. Does lewis hamilton overtake too much?

4. What do you think of lewis hamilton's crooked teeth?

5. Do you think lewis hamilton should be allowed to race other drivers on diesel?

Once we run out of threads on lewis, come up with other suggestions.

#13 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,223 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:12

I wouldn't say "dirty" neither "unfair", but I think he's the most aggressive in the grid right now. I'll keep those adjectives for when he rams someone off the track on purpose, Senna/Schumacher style.

Some will argue he did it to Glock today, but I don't think it was on purpose and that Toyota is still alive.

#14 prxty

prxty

• 427 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:18

Originally posted by jesee

... crap ...

Don't try to hijack the thread and have a look to the voting. Your baby is not looking good.

#15 NinjaMouse

NinjaMouse

• 235 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:25

Originally posted by Smudger
What is the point of this?

They are Formula 1 drivers. That makes them pretty different from 14 year olds with an internet connection and half an hour to kill before bedtime.

It's a tough sport for hard men. Put on your big boy pants and get over it.

....and on a school night too..........;)

Whats happened to kids these days? Mind you, I went to my nephews "Sports Day" a year or two ago..and I **** you NOT, they had a "how many times can you thread a needle in a minute" competition......if I had not seen it with my own eyes, I never would have believed it.....

Still.....it may explain the attitudes of some......

The one move of Hamiltons I have an issue with today, was pushing the guy off the track and on to the grass..but I can put that down to him not seeing the other car in his mirrors......

His moves on Webber, Kimi, and Alonso......fair....and and firm.......

And the first take of Webber through the chicane, after Lewis had exited the pits on inters, was sublime.....great on the edge sideways action.....

#16 selespeed

selespeed

• 1,195 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:31

Originally posted by NinjaMouse

The one move of Hamiltons I have an issue with today, was pushing the guy off the track and on to the grass..but I can put that down to him not seeing the other car in his mirrors......

i agree with you about the rest but this...i can't put it down on him not seeing glock...i wouldn't belive it for a second...he knew what he was doing...

#17 Smudger

Smudger

• 558 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:50

Don't try to hijack the thread and have a look to the voting. Your baby is not looking good.

I hope you finished your homework before you started this thread.

#18 SevenTwoSeven

SevenTwoSeven

• 368 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:56

Id rather see him do what he did today than sit around in 12th/13th/14th place then maybe set a few fast laps towards the end....

#19 brunopascal

brunopascal

• 1,526 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:57

Originally posted by ensign14
How many times has LH destroyed someone's race by taking them out?

Exactly!

He's tough, but fair on the very limit I'd say.

I'd much rather see drivers like LH, than amateur crashes like between 'fair' drivers KN & DC today.

EDIT: Ok, he took out KR in Can, but that was stupidity rather than dirty driving.

Advertisement

#20 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:58

He did a job today on Glock...

#21 NinjaMouse

NinjaMouse

• 235 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 19:59

Originally posted by selespeed

i agree with you about the rest but this...i can't put it down on him not seeing glock...i wouldn't belive it for a second...he knew what he was doing...

True, if it was deliberate, he should get a smack on the nose........but Martin Brundle was talking about him possibly not seeing him in the mirrors due to spray?.....So I have to take his expert opinion on board....

It sure did'nt look too clever, but as I do not "know" why he did it, I can't judge.......it was the sort of thing a dozy DC would do these days, but he is old (same age as me) so can be forgiven.....lol....

#22 equality

equality

• 1,111 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:03

One thing is clear, the anti ferrari, anti FIA brigade (pro-lewis) is awfully quiet since the race finished :lol:

#23 bogi

bogi

• 4,105 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:06

DC rule this thread :lol:

#24 Hyatt

Hyatt

• 1,562 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:07

Originally posted by equality
One thing is clear, the anti ferrari, anti FIA brigade (pro-lewis) is awfully quiet since the race finished :lol:

yeah they are all watching the replay and enjoy ballsy racing ...

#25 Cenotaph

Cenotaph

• 2,390 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:13

i dont think he is naturally the most unfair, some of the drivers out there as just as capable of being as bad guys as hamilton, alonso for instance. but atm he is the most unfair so i voted yes, but that has much to do with having something to fight for and feeling like he's racing against the world.

#26 eccolo

eccolo

• 51 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:15

He was merely aggressive last year, but seems a nasty piece of work this year. Bragging about himself, publicly insulting other drivers and needlessly chopping after overtaking. Acts like certain NASCAR racers. The great British Grand Prix drivers of the past (with a couple of exceptions) were much better representatives of the sport and their country.

#27 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,613 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:18

Originally posted by NinjaMouse

And the first take of Webber through the chicane, after Lewis had exited the pits on inters, was sublime.....great on the edge sideways action.....

It was absolutely awesome, second corner on new tyres, no idea how much grip, yet an absolutely on the limit overtaking move like that. Brilliant stuff.

Loads of good stuff happening up and down the field today. Too bad for some that they can't enjoy it all because "I don't like driver X" doesn't allow the to.

Their loss, I guess :wave:

#28 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:23

Fernando for trying to give Lewis a rear right puncture today by clipping him. Obviously thinking about Fisi in Brazil 06! :evil: :evil: :evil:

But I suppose he's bound to be upset seeing the rise of superstar Vettel and the fading of his own hopes for a top drive...

#29 dgduris

dgduris

• 251 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:33

He is aggressive in the way that both Schumacher and Senna were AFTER a couple of WDC titles and I think he hasn't earned the "right" to be.

It is his denigration of fellow drivers that is difficult to forgive, however.

#30 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,613 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:36

Originally posted by dgduris
He is aggressive in the way that both Schumacher and Senna were AFTER a couple of WDC titles and I think he hasn't earned the "right" to be.

Senna and Schumacher were only aggressive after winning a couple of WDC's? :lol: What kind of crazy revisionism is that?

Still, I'm sure if Hamilton were to read your post, he'd be delighted by the comparison. So nice compliment ... :D (although perhaps not what you intended? :lol:)

#31 d246

d246

• 1,050 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:45

Hamilton did push his luck today, however no more than schuh and senna, and he pulled off the second best result today. Good on vettel, where is de rista?

#32 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,521 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:47

He's always on the edge between fairness and plain aggressiveness. As for being unfair, I don't know. He certainly has no respect for other drivers. It can be said that during races the adrenalin is so 'boiling hot'* that one cannot really be sure of oneself; the problem with Hamilton is that during interviews his adrenalin seems to be pumping high, too... Anyway, I predict a few more penalties until he settles down.

* For those who like to correct people: I know adrenalin does not boil! Neither does it pump, really. This is just a metaphor. Excuse me if this note offends you (in which case you will have understood that it was a metaphor), but it applies to some posters here. :cool:

#33 Andy35

Andy35

• 4,823 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:48

Well he hasn't actively driven people off the road to win a world championship yet like those dirty dogs Schumacher, Senna and Prost.

Oh, I see you put "active" in the title, sorry my mistake. Yes he's terrible, shoot him.

Regards

Andy

#34 eoin

eoin

• 5,015 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:49

He pushes it further than the other drivers, but he is nearly always fair.

#35 pingu666

pingu666

• 9,272 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:52

Originally posted by stevewf1
Lewis Hamilton just wants to race... He's in the wrong series for trying something dumb like that.

:up:

#36 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:53

He is not worse than DC

#37 Pharazon

Pharazon

• 1,156 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:53

he's certainly the most agressive driver....

don't know if you'd call him dirty though

#38 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 20:59

I think he's tough - but a dirty

but I was a Schumacher supporter - so I can't complain ;)

#39 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,401 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:06

As the thread was clearly designed to attract anti-Hamilton fanatics, they would say that wouldn't they.................................

Advertisement

#40 Nukle

Nukle

• 190 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:06

Originally posted by undersquare
Fernando for trying to give Lewis a rear right puncture today by clipping him. Obviously thinking about Fisi in Brazil 06! :evil: :evil: :evil:

But I suppose he's bound to be upset seeing the rise of superstar Vettel and the fading of his own hopes for a top drive...

Are U serius? :eek:

#41 jesee

jesee

• 1,906 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:07

I don't look at polls ...i rely on the entertainment on the track. Okey maybe the poll say he is the most dirty driver...well that massages your ego. I don't dislike drivers ...it is not personal. I love your alonso when he is on the limit, just as i love hami making those daring die or do moves. That is why i tune to formula one. Maybe you tune to watch kimi cruise or another valencia train...but hey that is your choice. Give me a dirty driver as you may use in your language as hamilton any day.....infact i wish they were all like him out there...then we would have real fun.

#42 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:10

He is maybe a bit dirty but it's not a big issue, most of all he is the stoopidist.

he is leading the wdc wtf is he doing, he is courting penalties, had Glock, Alonso or Webber had big offs he would be starting singapore 10 places back, his cutting off of Alonso, how easy could he have sliced his tyre.

You can drive hard and tough without being stoopid or an arsehole. The biggest thing, the moves could have been done completely cleanly.

#43 d246

d246

• 1,050 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:16

Yes he can be an arse, however he makes an exciting race of it. GV always pushed to the point of stupidity; but great to watch.

#44 sensible

sensible

• 1,910 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:19

Yes of course he is. Just like Schumacher and Senna before. Now what did they have in common other than that? An overiding will to win. The latter two ended up with a bag of wins and championships. Lewis - however much I dislike his personality - will probably do the same. This is F1. You have to give it all. You have to do some things which are marginal. Sometimes you'll step over the line and the stewards will punish you. So long as you accept that, fine I say. Its the price you pay to be the number 1. As Michael said - "we're not out here for a cup of tea".

The one thing I do find funny is that all the guys that used to hate Schumacher and dissolve into paroxysms of outrage at anything he did now find themselves having to explain why it's perfectly okay for their new hero to do exactly the same things.

Karma! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#45 sensible

sensible

• 1,910 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:21

Originally posted by Gareth
It was absolutely awesome, second corner on new tyres, no idea how much grip, yet an absolutely on the limit overtaking move like that. Brilliant stuff.

that was pretty impressive :up:

#46 Rob

Rob

• 9,223 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:22

I don't think he's any more dirty than some of the others, it just looks that way because of the amount of screen time he gets :rolleyes:

#47 F575 GTC

F575 GTC

• 921 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:23

The main problem with this comes more from the media and fans of the sport rather than the racing. I'm fairly certain the Lewis fanboys where calling foul last year with Alonso at Spa (not to mention Kimi at Spa this year!); but when Lewis himself does it, it's perfectly acceptable. Look at how the British media saw Schumacher's 'chopping' starts and slated him for it, and yet Lewis does the same and gets applauded.

It's racing, it happens. People just need to realise that they all do it. Oh, and be grateful he wasn't blocking in the IRL - ask Helio about that! :lol:

#48 Zar

Zar

• 117 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:27

I would not say he is a "dirty" driver.....he is a racer and a very good one.

But he is for sure the most arrogant and full of himself...he should just let his driving do the talking

#49 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:27

Originally posted by Nukle

Are U serius? :eek:

Rumbled :p

#50 equality

equality

• 1,111 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 21:28

Originally posted by sensible
Yes of course he is. Just like Schumacher and Senna before. Now what did they have in common other than that? An overiding will to win. The latter two ended up with a bag of wins and championships. Lewis - however much I dislike his personality - will probably do the same. This is F1. You have to give it all. You have to do some things which are marginal. Sometimes you'll step over the line and the stewards will punish you. So long as you accept that, fine I say. Its the price you pay to be the number 1. As Michael said - "we're not out here for a cup of tea".

The one thing I do find funny is that all the guys that used to hate Schumacher and dissolve into paroxysms of outrage at anything he did now find themselves having to explain why it's perfectly okay for their new hero to do exactly the same things.

Karma! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I gotta say im more than suprised to see so many of lewis fans condemning his race antics. Just look at the poll stats. They are not as thick as i imagined they would be. I also believe history shows you dont need to playn dirty to win. Lots of respectable race winners and champs in the past. Hell, gilles villeneuve would let you repass him and then try again if he thought a move was vagely not rightly done.