Photo

GPL tracks

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Keir

Keir

• 5,241 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 15:01

Where have all the GPL track download sites gone ??

Advertisement

#2 Frank Verplanken

Frank Verplanken

• 378 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 15:08

:). http://gpltd.bcsims.com/ . Now with a lot of setups available too :).

#3 Keir

Keir

• 5,241 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 15:50

Thanks.

..... and off we go.

#4 Keir

Keir

• 5,241 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 16:20

a little tangent here.

In the original GPL, I made a number of custom car skins for my cars. None of them are of the hires versions you see today. Are there any templates that can be used to create the newer skins ? And what programs do the best job ?

#5 Souffle

Souffle

• 55 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 00:45

Try the 'Request Area' or do Search at this site http://gplmz.bcsims.com/index.php? while RSC is temp. down.

:up:

#6 Souffle

Souffle

• 55 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 14:43

There is a 'GPL Files' link at the above as well.

#7 Keir

Keir

• 5,241 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 19:02

Here's the deal. I installed GPL on a win xp laptop using the GPL installer. The game runs poorly with flickers and slowdowns. I installed GEM and I thought that you could change drivers, ie replace Beltoise/Ginther with Stewart/Spence. The installer left me tons of files in the sierra folder but the game itself is in the original drivers format, ie Beltoise/Ginther. The game, at times, plays fine, but after downloading Lime Rock Mountain, Bridgehampton, Clermont-Ferrard, Levin and Grezlandring, things have gotten worse. I've tried to shut off the Speedstep via GEM, but that hasn't worked. Is there any thing else out there ?? All the power managers are set to full. I'd love to have all the proper drivers back and have the game play at a normal speed.

A little help, please.

#8 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:27

Originally posted by Keir
Here's the deal. I installed GPL on a win xp laptop using the GPL installer. The game runs poorly with flickers and slowdowns. I installed GEM and I thought that you could change drivers, ie replace Beltoise/Ginther with Stewart/Spence. The installer left me tons of files in the sierra folder but the game itself is in the original drivers format, ie Beltoise/Ginther. The game, at times, plays fine, but after downloading Lime Rock Mountain, Bridgehampton, Clermont-Ferrard, Levin and Grezlandring, things have gotten worse. I've tried to shut off the Speedstep via GEM, but that hasn't worked. Is there any thing else out there ?? All the power managers are set to full. I'd love to have all the proper drivers back and have the game play at a normal speed.

A little help, please.

Keir

I think... that the flickering screen is actually because the computer is TOO fast. I am playing GP Legends on a I Mac, and the processor is about two times as fast the processors for which the game was developed. I get the flickering too - ESPECIALLY - if click down the graphical details in the option menu. Even more: the game crashes when I click out too many details.

My five cents: install the game again, using the GPL installer. Click on all the details. Put the detailbar to full. Then, ingame, check your frarmerate. I guess it will still be hovering around 35fps. And it will be fine, hopefully.

Then again, I'm using Vista. Could well be that XP is just a s...e op-system.

#9 Kanzo

Kanzo

• 66 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:00

Check out the GPL FAQ if you havenĀ“t already done that.

#10 Keir

Keir

• 5,241 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 21:18

GPL is just a strange beast !! As I stated earlier, I did all the downloads and funny thing, the game that I have has a Cooper T86, but when I go through GEM, the car is listed as a Cooper T81b !!!! And the game plays fine through GEM, but not if I load the game through the GPL shortcut !!! I also can't change the drivers. ie Beltoise/Ginther for Stewart/Spence. The fluttering is still there.

#11 Souffle

Souffle

• 55 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 00:47

Hi K,

Did you do the 60fps patch as well as the speed patch? Just thinkin' out loud.

#12 Keir

Keir

• 5,241 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 14:32

Not really sure about the 60fps. Try, try again.

#13 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:06

Not really sure about the 60fps. Try, try again.

Has it worked out, Keir? I found that for me the mods indeed only work through GEM, and that you have to be mighty precise when loading another mod. It not only needs to be loaded in the right box (left), but also selected on the right.

By the way: I installed the Monza Banked circuit in the 1967 season, but that doesn't work. Meaning: all the AI-cars crash off the banking! The better the driver, the harder they crash. The fastest end up in the trees behind the banking.

#14 simpson

simpson

• 163 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:13

Here's the deal. I installed GPL on a win xp laptop using the GPL installer. The game runs poorly with flickers and slowdowns.... I've tried to shut off the Speedstep via GEM, but that hasn't worked. Is there any thing else out there ?? All the power managers are set to full. I'd love to have ... and have the game play at a normal speed.

A little help, please.

Try GPL Power Monger for the slowdown problem - http://gplmz.bcsims....?showtopic=4133

#15 Keir

Keir

• 5,241 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 17:05

Flickering still there. GEM solved all the rest. the driver change Stewart etc. has to be done manualy. I'd also like to get Ickx out and Ligier driving a Brabham in, but I not quite sure how to do it.

#16 brabhamBT19

brabhamBT19

• 1,399 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:23

Flickering still there. GEM solved all the rest. the driver change Stewart etc. has to be done manualy. I'd also like to get Ickx out and Ligier driving a Brabham in, but I not quite sure how to do it.

rename bel8a.3do into ste8a.3do than change driver.ini, delete beltoise and type stewart. Thats how its done with all drivers.

Than if you want different helmet, use hexeditor and edit set8a.3do renaming belhelmet into stehelmet and ofcourse make stehelmet mip, If you do not know how to make mip, just oped brm folder and it will be inside (if you have GPLEA) updates

I also recomend that you download mod 65 and mod 66, they are easier to drive and mod 66 had 14 different cars

Edited by brabhamBT19, 20 May 2009 - 11:24.

#17 scolbourne

scolbourne

• 554 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:03

Alt-F shows the framerate in GPL. Normally this is capped at 36 fps.

#18 notguilty56

notguilty56

• 1,759 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:02

Hello: Maybe most of you have done it before, but I have to announce that 42 years and 3 days after it really took place, i have won the Belgian Grand Prix with a Lotus, in 1:36:06. Oh my God, i'm so happy!!

#19 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:36

Hello: Maybe most of you have done it before, but I have to announce that 42 years and 3 days after it really took place, i have won the Belgian Grand Prix with a Lotus, in 1:36:06. Oh my God, i'm so happy!!

Congrats! Without the tweeks on the AI-level, the most I have done is a 6th place in Kyalamy.

J.

Advertisement

#20 DraftDancer

DraftDancer

• 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:05

http://gpltd.bcsims.com/?menu=Advanced