Photo

HRT F1 - Hispania Racing F1 Team - Campos Meta Team (merged)

• Please log in to reply
6974 replies to this topic

#2801 sushantf1

sushantf1

• 258 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 14:27

HRT is big fail...only talks no work.

Advertisement

#2802 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,997 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 14:59

Bruno: We'll setup the car for one turn [, Turn 8] [ link ]
[About the end of the collaboration with Dallara] "We'll have to change the procedure, how things are done. Now, the development of the car and the parts and construction of it is our responsibility. This impasse with the Dallara is rolling for a while and it seriously delayed our development."

"For this weekend we will have more spare parts on the car, as more components are coming for those who have less. Now we have the structure to manufacture the parts, it's the most important."

"Incredibly Turkey closely resembles Brazil. You take ride wioth the car [on the streets] and it seems to be in Sao Paulo, you feel at home with different people. I like it here, the weather is wonderful. The track is difficult, is the first we do in a counterclockwise direction, it will force the neck. "

"Some things of course will be challenging, especially the turn 8. Our car is not the one that has more downforce at all, and the turn 8 is [consisted of] four fast turns together, with lots of angulation in the middle, so it joins our biggest problems in one turn only.

"It will be very difficult. Basically we have to setup the car to this turn and the rest of the track will be depending on it."

"The team is already thinking about 2011. Since the rules will change so much, there isn't much of a point in looking to the this year's thinking about the next year, the base will be slightly different, but it's [also] not well developed."

"I won't say the car is bad. Any car can be developed and how far this can be developed is difficult to say, but I think if we pull a little more we can find some time in the car in a simpler form .

"For us, the fact that nobody is able to start making the car for next year is not a bad thing because the sooner you get to do, the better it'll be in theory. We are doing all that is possible,but we don't have the ability to make a [new] car for this year yet. "

[About Chandhock statenments] "We've talked about it, he said that the journalist took things out of context. He knows that statistically this is not the truth, then it does not interfere in our regulation."

Edited by highdownforce, 27 May 2010 - 14:59.

#2803 jetalt

jetalt

• 519 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 15:00

jetalt and gio66, thanks for the links!

You're welcome. :cool:

Are you inside the team?

The team will suffer two dramatic restructurings. The first one economic, (maybe/hopefully this afternoon we will know something more) and the second one, technical (perhaps they will anounce it in Montreal).

Edited by jetalt, 27 May 2010 - 15:11.

#2804 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 16:04

HRT announces board members

HRT said Spanish businessman and former minister of economy Miguel Boyer will be joining the board, alongside fellow businessman Alberto Cortina, who was included in Forbes magazine as having one of the 1000 major fortunes of the world.

The rest of the members are Carlos Cutillas, Manuel Delgado, Luis Delso, Julio Diaz, Fernando Fernandez and Jose Luiz Zanetty.

#2805 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,997 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 16:33

HRT F1 Team, Hispania Racing, is pleased to announce its new Board [ link ]

Madrid, 27th May 2010

After the new organization plan has been carried out by the Spanish HRT F1 Team, Hispania Racing, the President, Mr. José Ramón Carabante, has proceeded to the constitution of a new Board. The team has been reinforced with the following members:

President of the Board:
D. José Ramón Carabante de la Plaza

Members of the Board:
Miguel Boyer Salvador
Alberto Cortina Alcocer
Carlos Cutillas Cordón
Manuel Delgado Solís
Luis Delso Heras
Julio Díaz Freijo
Fernando Fernández Tapias
Jose Luiz Zanetty Dueñas

Edit: Any info about these gentlemen is welcomed.
So far I've got: Logistics, Investments, Real State, Construction, Engineering, Retail and Administration.

Edit 2: Unfornunately, Karun didn't commented about the end of the relationship with Dallara.

Edited by highdownforce, 27 May 2010 - 16:59.

#2806 jetalt

jetalt

• 519 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 17:52

Edit: Any info about these gentlemen is welcomed.
So far I've got: Logistics, Investments, Real State, Construction, Engineering, Retail and Administration.

Edit 2: Unfornunately, Karun didn't commented about the end of the relationship with Dallara.

They are people with a lot of money, contacts and power. Shame, that the team lost one year. It will be interesting to see how fit theese individuals in F1's environment.

I'm looking forward to hear Joan Villadelprat.

#2807 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 18:00

If your client is not paying you, will you do wind tunnel sessions? Or go through another iteration in suspension geometry optimization?
Of course, not.

:up:

AFAIK, the main problems concern the aerodynamics and the front suspension geometry.

#2808 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,500 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 18:02

Theres no evidence of this at all.

#2809 Sajuuk

Sajuuk

• 45 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 18:25

27/05/2010 10:25 - Updated 27/05/2010 11h34
After the end of the partnership, Hispania want to buy Toyota's headquarters in Germany
New partners Spaniards made possible purchase of the factory in Cologne
By GLOBOESPORTE.COM
Istanbul, Turkey

After breaking the partnership with the Italian Dallara, Hispania has announced interest in acquiring the factory Toyota team who left Formula 1 at the end of 2009, in Cologne, Germany. José Ramón Carabantes, owner of the Spanish team, has twice visited the premises of the Japanese team, which tracks open for the automaker to develop projects in other categories.
The Toyota plant has wind tunnels, simulators and autoclaves first level. Stefan The GP, who tried to enter Formula 1 in 2010 but was not successful, has closed a partnership with Toyota, but the failure of his plans aborted the idea. Now Carabantes are interested in acquiring the site in Cologne, in addition to projects for the 2010 car, the TF110, which was aborted because the development of the output category.
However, the team has a big budget, but the arrival of Spanish partners would allow the operation, according to the newspaper "Marca". The TF110, Toyota's car that was this season, was patented by Hispania and could even replace the bad model Dallara this year. The model would serve as a basis for developing the chassis for 2011.

http://globoesporte....a-alemanha.html

translate by google

#2810 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,997 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 18:31

27/05/2010 10:25 - Updated 27/05/2010 11h34
After the end of the partnership, Hispania want to buy Toyota's headquarters in Germany
New partners Spaniards made possible purchase of the factory in Cologne
By GLOBOESPORTE.COM
Istanbul, Turkey

After breaking the partnership with the Italian Dallara, Hispania has announced interest in acquiring the factory Toyota team who left Formula 1 at the end of 2009, in Cologne, Germany. José Ramón Carabantes, owner of the Spanish team, has twice visited the premises of the Japanese team, which tracks open for the automaker to develop projects in other categories.
The Toyota plant has wind tunnels, simulators and autoclaves first level. Stefan The GP, who tried to enter Formula 1 in 2010 but was not successful, has closed a partnership with Toyota, but the failure of his plans aborted the idea. Now Carabantes are interested in acquiring the site in Cologne, in addition to projects for the 2010 car, the TF110, which was aborted because the development of the output category.
However, the team has a big budget, but the arrival of Spanish partners would allow the operation, according to the newspaper "Marca". The TF110, Toyota's car that was this season, was patented by Hispania and could even replace the bad model Dallara this year. The model would serve as a basis for developing the chassis for 2011.

http://globoesporte....a-alemanha.html

translate by google

You know... the source of this is Marca! [ link for the article ] That's why I didn't bring this to here ;)

Edited by highdownforce, 27 May 2010 - 18:59.

#2811 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,567 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 18:44

Well, well, those are people with LOTS of money and power. I didn´t think HRT would last the season, but this changes the situation a lot.

#2812 IFRLIceman

IFRLIceman

• 268 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 18:52

If the Toyota story is true, then HRT will quickly move up the grid. Great news to hear because I don't want to see the new teams fail. :up:

#2813 GhostR

GhostR

• 3,789 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 21:36

If the Toyota story is true, then HRT will quickly move up the grid. Great news to hear because I don't want to see the new teams fail. :up:

The rules don't allow them to run the Toyota chassis. They could maybe learn from the car - eg suspension - and apply that learning to the Dallara where possible.

#2814 Showty

Showty

• 2,184 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 21:51

You know... the source of this is Marca! [ link for the article ] That's why I didn't bring this to here ;)

Guess which media broke 2 weeks ago the history of Miguel Boyer and Alberto Cortina would join HRT member board :cool:

Exactly!!

Mr Cortina is a very rich man, with a deep business background, and also some problems with the justice, his fortune is worth around 1200 mill $

Mr Boyer was Spain economy minister for 4 years, after that he has been in some big companies boards.

Alongside these 2 gentlemen mr Fernández Tapias, Real Madrid´s current vicepresident, with presence also in several big companies boards, joined HRT too.

It seems big money is on the way...

#2815 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 21:57

Wouldn't the Toyota facility be a little oversized even for a now-suddenly-rich team?

#2816 SoL

SoL

• 111 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 00:18

The rules don't allow them to run the Toyota chassis. They could maybe learn from the car - eg suspension - and apply that learning to the Dallara where possible.

What part of the rules don't?

Anyway, I don't think Toyota'd sell the factory, HRT would probably have to contract their services. Even if Toyota was willing to part with it, it'd cost HRT more money than they have, even now.

#2817 IFRLIceman

IFRLIceman

• 268 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 00:44

True. It makes mention of using the 2010 car to build a 2011 updated version for next season. I guess Lotus aren't the only ones focusing on next season, then.

#2818 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,997 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:58

Guess which media broke 2 weeks ago the history of Miguel Boyer and Alberto Cortina would join HRT member board :cool:

Exactly!!

Good for them!
But this whole thing smells to be bigger than this. Maybe more will be revealed soon enough.

#2819 pingu666

pingu666

• 9,272 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:07

toyota team europe factory now has a new business model, for those that dont know

there consultants basicaly, BUT, they can do everything

so if they have gone to TTE, the majority of the car will be designed and built there presumably, but i guess TTE will do other stuff aswell, doing bits for a rally team, or parts for a drag racer, etc etc

Advertisement

#2820 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 2,856 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:10

This week's Autosport has reported that Art Grand Prix are already in discussins with Toyota to use their chassis as a basis of their 2011 entry if successful. One assumes that this would iclude engine and transmission. I suspect that ART will win the 13th spot. So we'll have to see what develops.

#2821 GhostR

GhostR

• 3,789 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:57

What part of the rules don't?

Anyway, I don't think Toyota'd sell the factory, HRT would probably have to contract their services. Even if Toyota was willing to part with it, it'd cost HRT more money than they have, even now.

The part that says the chassis is homologated for 2010. Virgin had to get special permission to modify their chassis for the larger fuel tank (on reliability grounds).

#2822 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:02

NobleF1 Sakon Yamamoto will drive the HRT instead of Bruno Senna in FP1

#2823 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:43

Trulli killed some fly, I could almost see it's legs and wings:)

#2824 shaunhollamby

shaunhollamby

• 19 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:59

NobleF1 Sakon Yamamoto will drive the HRT instead of Bruno Senna in FP1

What an absolute joke! Yamamoto couldn't drive sheep!

This is purely "rent-a-racer" and doesn't fill you with confidence with their long term aims?

#2825 kaivo

kaivo

• 555 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:00

Senna is joke.

#2826 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:17

Yamamoto couldn't drive sheep!

In all fairness, I'm pretty sure none of the drivers know how to drive sheep.

#2827 sushantf1

sushantf1

• 258 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 15:03

You're welcome. :cool:

Are you inside the team?

The team will suffer two dramatic restructurings. The first one economic, (maybe/hopefully this afternoon we will know something more) and the second one, technical (perhaps they will anounce it in Montreal).

Maybe and perhaps hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....still possibilities

#2828 SoL

SoL

• 111 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 15:36

The part that says the chassis is homologated for 2010. Virgin had to get special permission to modify their chassis for the larger fuel tank (on reliability grounds).

So the TF110 wasn't homologated?

#2829 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,997 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 15:58

So the TF110 wasn't homologated?

The thing is that the Dallara's F110 and not the Toyota's TF110 was homologated as Hispania's car.

#2830 jetalt

jetalt

• 519 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 16:02

Maybe and perhaps hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....still possibilities

Yesterday, they reshuffled the economic side, "not maybe" but "for sure". After that, they will reshuffle the technical side. The aim is ambitious.I hope, they are able to reach it.

#2831 SoL

SoL

• 111 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 18:09

The thing is that the Dallara's F110 and not the Toyota's TF110 was homologated as Hispania's car.

Ok. What impedes them from re-homologating?

#2832 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,997 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 18:16

Ok. What impedes them from re-homologating?

Yes.
But the main problem is not to re-homologate.
Once a chassis is homologated the team is only allowed to do minor changes in specific areas, whereas in other areas no change can be made at all.
A different chassis would be a major change when compared to the original one.

#2833 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,997 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 18:52

Sorry for double posting...

"Car is not good [here]" [ link ]

[About being closer to other teams]"It's a feature of the track. The car is not particularly good, with better balance than usual. It's fast only on the strait."

"The track requires much less downforce, and we're having a little advantage because of it,"

"Maybe tomorrow we'll get more, as both [Karun and Sakon] struggled to setup the car in the morning, I did not practice [in the morning], and it wasn't possible to do everything at the afternoon. Tomorrow we'll try something else and, if successful, we can finish the qualify in a positive way. "

"Tur 8 is super hard, and is not favorable [to us] with the bumps. Our minimum speed is very low if compared with the other cars [20km/h slower] and we lost a lot of time because it's a long turn."

[About Sakon's drive] "It's hard to speak about benefit. Sure, he's the third driver, mileage is important to have because we do not have a simulator. But it wasn't a great loss. "

"The track was bad at first, but It'd be possible to have a better idea of the direction to follow for teh setup. That wasn't something that would really hurt me, everything is ok,"

#2834 Showty

Showty

• 2,184 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 20:36

Good for them!
But this whole thing smells to be bigger than this. Maybe more will be revealed soon enough.

That´s what the very much loved Lobato said during the free practice session today, during the course of a chat with Marca and As journalists.

Apparently big (gud) things could happen in the near future.

#2835 Edington Mains

Edington Mains

• 70 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 20:53

Wouldn't the Toyota facility be a little oversized even for a now-suddenly-rich team?

Who runs HRT?.. (Kolles)... a lot of HRT Bolts are from Kolles DTM and Le Mans teams... where are they based?...

would make a lot of sense to have them all under one roof.... Hmmmm things fit well from what i heard last weekend...

#2836 jetalt

jetalt

• 519 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 22:07

Today, J.R. Carabante said that they are carrying the aero work in Munich at the moment.

Edited by jetalt, 28 May 2010 - 22:10.

#2837 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 2,856 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:14

I think its interesting that the F110 is on par with thr VR01 around Istanbul Park. Even though the F110 has had no development. I suppose it shows how much poorer the Virgin chassis is. At least it gives Hispania the opportunity to get off the back row of the grid.

#2838 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:05

I think its interesting that the F110 is on par with thr VR01 around Istanbul Park. Even though the F110 has had no development. I suppose it shows how much poorer the Virgin chassis is. At least it gives Hispania the opportunity to get off the back row of the grid.

I think they clearly suffer in T8 from the lack of downforce, but their pace round the whole lap shows that the car must have some decent mech grip... and we know from both drivers that the car isn't hard on it's tyres either...

#2839 tractionman

tractionman

• 169 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:04

Hrt is making the best use of what they have. They had Digrassi on pace today and have a decent chance to get Glock and possibly the lotuses in the race tomorrow- if the reliability holds.

Advertisement

#2840 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:10

Hrt is making the best use of what they have. They had Digrassi on pace today and have a decent chance to get Glock and possibly the lotuses in the race tomorrow- if the reliability holds.

They seem to have been able to understand the car now, and make the setups make a difference rather than just get round a lap. Senna in the last two races has really put himself ahead of Karun, and if he can get his car to the end of the race without something breaking down, he could well beat Glock and maybe a Lotus, because they do always race well...

#2841 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:11

I think what's going on here is that HRT have great top speed and in this track this matters a little bit more, even if the car is atrociously bad when it comes to downforce. Congrats to Bruno for being the first to manage to beat another car. :up:

Edited by paranoik0, 29 May 2010 - 12:12.

#2842 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 12,554 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 13:39

Congrats to Bruno for being the first to manage to beat another car. :up:

Aye well done to him :up:

Nicely done, and on the other hand speed up di Grassi.

#2843 Buckethead

Buckethead

• 710 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 14:48

twitter

LucasdiGrassi Massive engine problems during qualify session. Team is now working on solutions.

#2844 tractionman

tractionman

• 169 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 15:15

twitter

LucasdiGrassi Massive engine problems during qualify session. Team is now working on solutions.

However massive they were, he is not as fast as Glock(who was only .5 ahead of Senna) at this stage of his career and it is likely Senna would have been in front anyway. The time gap is significant

Edited by tractionman, 29 May 2010 - 15:16.

#2845 molive

molive

• 9,799 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 15:29

Aye well done to him :up:

Nicely done, and on the other hand speed up di Grassi.

Its the 1st time Lucas has similar car to Glock

#2846 Ferrim

Ferrim

• 1,391 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 20:19

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/83971

I had to smile reading that... Bruno talking about being on the limit :) Although a bit sad that the context is soooo different.

#2847 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:38

Apparently Hispania are now trying to get their hands on the Toyota TF110 instead of having to wait until Valecia to finish reverse-engineering the car. I don't have a super-reliable source (in fact, I don't even have an English-language source), though.

#2848 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 2,856 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:07

Senna in a BBC interview says the car has a new floor/ diffusor fitted. Don't know if this came from Dallara before the split. the team seem to be understanding the car. It seems to be gentle on its tyres which bodes well for the race.

#2849 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:14

Apparently Hispania are now trying to get their hands on the Toyota TF110 instead of having to wait until Valecia to finish reverse-engineering the car. I don't have a super-reliable source (in fact, I don't even have an English-language source), though.

That would literally be an entirely new car, is that allowed mid-season?

#2850 tractionman

tractionman

• 169 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:49

Senna in a BBC interview says the car has a new floor/ diffusor fitted. Don't know if this came from Dallara before the split. the team seem to be understanding the car. It seems to be gentle on its tyres which bodes well for the race.

I think this is a replacement part and not some development part-The floor on Senna's car was damaged