10 replies to this topic

#1 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 16:03

http://www.f1fanatic...-gp2-in-the-uk/

EDIT: http://uk.eurosport....ecures-gp2.html

British Eurosport has secured a deal to broadcast the GP2 series for the next two and a half years.

The renowned feeder series for Formula One returns to British Eurosport after a two year absence, with the digital sports channel's previous coverage showing the emerging talent of reigning F1 champion Lewis Hamilton and Williams driver Nico Rosberg among others.

Eurosport takes on the 2009 Championship with six rounds remaining, including races at Spa in Belgium, Monza in Italy and the season finale at Portimao in Portugal on September 20. GP2 races are run during Formula One weekends as part of the racecard at each circuit.

Dave Kerr, director of British Eurosport said: "We are delighted to have this prestigious and exciting series back on British Eurosport and to be able to ensure that fans can see the rest of this season's races.

"It's great to add GP2 to our already superb line-up of motorsport, which includes the World Touring Car Championship, World Rally Championship, Formula Two, Dakar Rally, the Renault World Series and the IRC."

GP2 has two races per weekend, 26 identical cars, compulsory pit-stops and reverse grids which are designed to generate entertainment, excitement and test the skills of the emerging young drivers.

The next race takes place in Germany this weekend at the Nurburgring circuit.

British Eurosport will broadcast race one in primetime live at 3pm on Saturday and race two live on Sunday at 10.30am.

GP2 joins US Tour golf as Eurosport's latest acquisition following the closure of Setanta's UK operations.

Great news! :D

Edited by D.M.N., 07 July 2009 - 16:05.

Advertisement

#2 TheArmchairCritic

TheArmchairCritic

• 1,035 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 16:06

:clap:

#3 noah-zark

noah-zark

• 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 16:25

:clap: :up: :stoned: :)

#4 Lopek

Lopek

• 271 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 16:33

Great news. Now if someone would just pick up the DTM!

#5 The July Plot

The July Plot

• 484 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 17:06

Great news!

#6 Garagiste

Garagiste

• 3,799 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 17:22

They're actually showing them live? Great news, though having seen Eurosports scheduling before, I'm giving a cautious :up:

#7 billm99uk

billm99uk

• 6,556 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 18:30

They're actually showing them live? Great news, though having seen Eurosports scheduling before, I'm giving a cautious :up:

Oh well, I'm just grateful it's on a channel I can actually get at last. If it gets bumped back half an hour by over-running bike racing or something, I promise not to moan TOO much  ;)

#8 Turn 1

Turn 1

• 347 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 22:20

nice to here, particularly if it's going to be live every week.

#9 heroes

heroes

• 31 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 22:36

Love it, and if like me you dont have sky ( just freeview here) and want to watch loads of motorsport and some other really neat sports like volleyball, you can get eurosport player for about £25 a year! Means you watch it online, but the picture s as good as the non HD channels. i only bought it for Le mans but with f2 ( good series btw ) and now this its turning out to be a great buy.

Edited by heroes, 07 July 2009 - 22:43.

#10 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 21:14

Gareth Rees is cutting his holiday in France short so him and Martin Haven can make the trip over to the Nurburgring to reunite as "the dream team".;)

#11 Jackman

Jackman

• 16,211 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:36

Or at least to the studio in London, anyway...