Photo

Posting pictures.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 16:55

Can someone please explain to me how to post pictures on this site. Directly from my computer, from the web, elsewhere on this site etc etc. I've searched help and found nothing. Had no problem with the avatar. Thanks in anticipation.

Advertisement

#2 Bumper

Bumper

• 1,967 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 18:28

Milestone 11, there are several websites you can use, www.imageshack.us for example is one of them and is easy to use:

1) click on Browse to select the pic you want from your computer
2) tick 'resize' box and choose 800x600 or less if your pic is bigger than that size
3) tick 'remove sizebar'

You will then be taken to the next page and offered various links to choose from.

4) choose link 'Hotlink for forums'
5) untick the box just above the link which says 'Include details'
6) left-click on the Hotlink to select
7) right-click to Copy

Now paste the link into the thread reply box and the pic will come up when you post your reply. Hope this helps :)

#3 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,974 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:37

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PLEASE do not refer to imageshack.

They have the most annoying pop-ups, that IE Explorer doesn't seem to be able to stop. (And don't tell us that we could 'just' switch browser. people DO have valid reasons to use the most widespread browser).

#4 Bumper

Bumper

• 1,967 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:59

Well not a pop-up in sight on my computer and I'm on IE Explorer. I use imageshack all the time and no probs at all.

Anyway, imageshack is just an example as I mentioned, feel free y'all to use another host.

#5 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 15:07

Well not a pop-up in sight on my computer and I'm on IE Explorer. I use imageshack all the time and no probs at all.

Anyway, imageshack is just an example as I mentioned, feel free y'all to use another host.

Thanks Bumper, I will try imageshack when next I attempt to post an image. The sequence you give is exactly that which I have used elsewhere with total success, but not here, possibly this is due to me using photobucket. Firstly, I was getting a message bar saying "This website is using a scripted window to ask for information, if you trust this site,click here to allow scripted windows". On doing this, probably no more than 20% of the time, I managed to advance, a small pop up window then appears asking me for the URL, on entering this, it is transferred to the message reply window, (text), then when clicking submit post, a further message appears saying, "This site does not support the site from which you are sending a link". Thanks once again, regards.

#6 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,974 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 17:55

lol - well, I use photobucket and never have had a problem. Them damn computers are just so confusing.

#7 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 15:52

Still not able to do this.To add insult to injury, I can take a picture from this site and post it on another, without going via photobucket yet not from this site to a reply post box. Is there something which I need to enable somewhere?

#8 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 15:58

Still not able to do this.To add insult to injury, I can take a picture from this site and post it on another, without going via photobucket yet not from this site to a reply post box. Is there something which I need to enable somewhere?

Posted Image

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some bugger could have told me it would not show as a picture until it was submitted.

Does anyone know who it is?

Edited by milestone 11, 27 August 2009 - 16:04.

#9 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 16:06

Read this sticky thread in TNF. Follow its instructions and tips. You'll eventually succeed...  ;)

#10 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,606 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 16:36

Does anyone know who it is?

It's Dorino Serafini in the Ferrari 375 he shared with Alberto Ascari to finish 2nd in the 1950 Italian GP at Monza. This was his only World Championship GP - he was much better known as a motorcycle racer.

#11 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 16:52

It's Dorino Serafini in the Ferrari 375 he shared with Alberto Ascari to finish 2nd in the 1950 Italian GP at Monza. This was his only World Championship GP - he was much better known as a motorcycle racer.

Hi Tim, spot on, I've been trying to post it on "Who is it" for two weeks, only finally sussed it today. Thanks Panzani, I can do it now.

#12 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,974 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 17:01

Hi Tim, spot on, I've been trying to post it on "Who is it" for two weeks, only finally sussed it today. Thanks Panzani, I can do it now.

just remember that when you do this you should alter the name of the picture, since it shows up on it's properties  ;)

#13 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 19:00

just remember that when you do this you should alter the name of the picture, since it shows up on it's properties ;)

Thanks for that tip JCBC3, I think I need you to dig my hole for me. Now have to find out how to change them.

#14 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,974 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 21:04

You have to copy them to a photosharing site. E.g. photobucket. As discussed further up.

Just remember not to do it with copyrighted material.

#15 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,974 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 21:11

This is somewhat similar to Bumpers post above. Something I put up many moons ago. Maybe it can help you some more:

Posting a picture is easy. Even I figured it out in the end!

1) Download picture(s) from your camera to your pc.
2) Go here: http://www.photobucket.com and create an account. *
3) Follow the instructions of how to upload from your pc to the site
4) Under the uploaded picture you copy the string starting with IMG
5) Go here and make a new post. Paste the copied IMG-string into your post. Write a little description either before or after the command.
6) Press submit.
7) Enjoy the adulation of the teeming masses as to your art work.

*) several sites offer free picture hosting. Photobucket is one of many. I think the preferred choice around here is imageshack.

#16 Bumper

Bumper

• 1,967 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 21:36

I think Milestone rather meant how to change the name of the picture in his last post :drunk:

But we're getting there slowly but surely :p

#17 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:42

I think Milestone rather meant how to change the name of the picture in his last post :drunk:

But we're getting there slowly but surely :p

Thanks all for the help and tips, rather stupidly I agree, my biggest failure was to not consider that the image would not show until after submitting the post, peculiar to this site I think. Other sites that I have posted images on show this prior to submitting. I could, bombard this site with images of all manner to confirm my competence, but I shan't, you will all just have to take my word for it. Bumper, you are correct in your belief that the above was what I was referring to, I can do this now as well. It was all a coincidence of many senior moments taking hold at the same time. Once again, thanks all for all the help.

Edited by milestone 11, 28 August 2009 - 10:43.

#18 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,606 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 15:55

You can get to see the photo as it will appear in your post, before you submit it, by using the 'Preview Post' button.

#19 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 16:03

You can get to see the photo as it will appear in your post, before you submit it, by using the 'Preview Post' button.

Thanks Tim, I have seen that now. Possibly I was getting so frustrated at my own incompetence, I became incapable of lucid thought.

Advertisement

#20 Bauble

Bauble

• 1,040 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:40

Plenty of information on various photo site, however, I use picasaweb and while I am able to post pictures onto other forums (BHP) I have problems here.

When I click on 'insert image' I would expect to see some form of 'bracket' in which to post the link HTTP blah blah blah etc jpg. From picasa I can copy a link and resize the image, but while it copies on to the screen it fails to show as a picture on preview or even submit. Is it me? Or is it the site. I know that some clever dick will know the answer, and put me right, so thank you, in advance.

Kind regards.

www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/rbmapics