Photo

'MotorFilms Quarterly Vol 23' is out!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RTH

RTH

• 6,066 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:15

The latest archive motor racing 90 min film compilation from Doug Nye and David Weguelin has just dropped through the letterbox.

1. Film made for John Cobb about the building, testing and record breaking of the Napier-Railton. The 24 litre Napier Lion engined car at Brooklands, Montlhery , and Bonneville.
Doug voices over this silent film with all the details identifying all the people involved - we even hear the reassuring sound of of a Westminster clock chiming' one' in Doug's withdrawing room !
This is unusual and most interesting.

2. Story of Alec Issigonis 1943 Nuffield Salamander go anywhere armoured car made for the war effort.

3. 1958 Alpine Rally from the aspect of the factory TR3 team with Raymond Baxter

4. The 1939 Auto Union 3 litre V12 period film and recent running of chassis 19 after Crosthwaite & Gardiner rebuild.

5. "A Hard Day's Fright " David Roscoe's BRSCC end of season 1964 club night film from a marshal's viewpoint

Another interesting and enjoyable set of films.

Advertisement

#2 RTH

RTH

• 6,066 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:42

I have just been notified of the ... All new Motorfilms Quarterly website launched today. New titles new ordering and incentives .

http://www.motorfilm...e-pg1-cid1.html

#3 RS2000

RS2000

• 2,573 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 22:44

I have just been notified of the ... All new Motorfilms Quarterly website launched today.

I think we all have...although my spam filter deleted it!