• 2,074 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 13:24

:yawnface:

Advertisement

#1752 kismet

kismet

• 7,376 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 13:31

Yeah, I'm bored, too. Why can't he just retire like normal people?!?

#1753 SilentKiller

SilentKiller

• 656 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 13:55

Yeah, I'm bored, too. Why can't he just retire like normal people?!?

Well if the posted merc/macca split rumour is true,then Kimi has probably signed the dotted line.

For Peter Solberg's WRC team that is.

#1754 ReAlien

ReAlien

• 339 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 14:16

That brought my mind to an interview with Haug I've read some time ago, where he said that they would try to hire a German driver, if possible. If he talked about Mercedes (exBrawn GP), it makes sense.

And what a short F1 history for Brawn GP it would be... yet in statistical aggregations they would become a legend! :smoking:

Edited by ReAlien, 10 November 2009 - 14:19.

#1755 Tomerell

Tomerell

• 1,896 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 15:29

mclaren-cosworth

How about the BMW engine department buy out rumoured earlier, have theree been any news about that lately :confused:

#1756 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 16:25

I took a look in this thread to see if any news have come up and saw that there's one TS-article missing (as far as I saw):

KIMI's NEGOTIATIONS ARE STILL CONTINUING

Turun Sanomat 6.11 2009 23:48:28

Seats for 2010 are still mainly open. Out of next season's 26 drivers only 10 have been confirmed.

Kimi Räikkönen is blocking the markets because he is negotiating with McLaren for the 8th week. As soon as they reach an agreement one way or the other the other contracts fall immediately into place like a domino-phenomen.

According to Auto, Motor und Sport -magazine Räikkönen would get a 40 % bigger compensation from Ferrari if he wouldn't race in F1 next year. If that is true then there should be enough tuning in the negotiations with McLaren.

Räikkönen's manager Steve Robertson is quiet about the negotiation situation but assured Turun Sanomat on Friday night that the negotiations still continue and they still aim for a contract with McLaren.

Räikkönen himself said on his website that his motivation hasn't gone anywhere. Racing is still everything for him.

Räikkönen's decision will affect many drivers. Heikki Kovalainen has been making his own negotiations with McLaren. Also Jenson Button, Nico Rosberg, Nick Heidfeld and Adrian Sutil are in one way or another on the list to the British team.

Estimation of the situation:

Unofficial division of team seats in 2010 (c=confirmed):

Brawn GP: 1 Jenson Button, 2 Nico Rosberg.

Red Bull: 3 Sebastian Vettel ©, 4 Mark Webber ©.

McLaren: 5 Lewis Hamilton ©.

Ferrari: 7 Fernando Alonso ©, 8 Felipe Massa ©.

Williams: 9 Rubens Barrichello ©, 10 Nico Hülkenberg ©.

Renault: 11 Timo Glock, 12 Robert Kubica ©.

Force India: 14 Adrian Sutil.

Toro Rosso: 16 Sebastien Buemi ©, 17 Jaime Alguersuari ©.

Campos: Bruno Senna © and Pastor Maldonado.

Lotus: Jarno Trulli and Takuma Sato.

Manor (Virgin): Lucas di Grassi.

USF1 ja Qadbak/Sauber: no drivers yet.

Turun Sanomat/HEIKKI KULTA

Edited by Wolfie, 10 November 2009 - 16:26.

#1757 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 16:53

And all this is exactly the kind of **** that Kimi hates about F1. At this time I dont blame him if he he just says screw this and walks.
If he does finally decide to drive next year after all, then hats off to him. Ironically, for him to do that in the midst of this must mean that he is the most hungry and motivated driver in the field.

If Mercedes leaves, McLaren will have much less money to pay for an expensive driver.

If Kimi want to get a McLaren seat he have to offer himsels cheap.

If the McMerc problemes are true, that is a much more serious question for the company, than the driver signing question.

Imagine, McLaren has to set up an F1 engine division (by e.g. buying the BMW division). That would be a very big investment, and they are also building a new factory for McLaren Automotive. Another extremely huge investment.

McLaren has no too much money for a big star second driver.

I wouldn't be surprised if in this crisis they simply resign Heikki with a paycut.

Kimi should know about these problems via his managers, so it's up to him to grab that McLaren seat by offering himself cheap otherwise McLaren will ignore him amd concentrate on the solving of the Mercedes departure crisis.

#1758 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 17:06

ahh the famous wolfie her/himself..weve heard so much about u

Edited by grunge, 10 November 2009 - 17:06.

#1759 RodrigoL

RodrigoL

• 1,531 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 17:10

According to AMuS, Ron 'I'm not having any more lazy-a*s drivers in my team' Dennis might be making a return to the pitwall next year.

End of thread ?....

Edited by RodrigoL, 10 November 2009 - 17:11.

Advertisement

#1760 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 17:28

:blush:

I had no idea but was happy to see that the articles are spread if they are of any interest, especially the TS-articles.

It's she, Wolfie is Nicole :wave:

To Rodrigo, the same horror-scenario is in the Finnish press also:

Ilta-Sanomat
09.11.2009 18:45

McLAREN's TEAM PRINCIPAL WILL BE FIRED?

It is boiling in McLaren-team. According to Auto Motor und Sport -magazine Martin Whitmarsh might be fired.

Ron Dennis thinks it's a big mistake that Whitmarsh accepted last winter the 2-year contract between Brawn GP and Mercedes.

The first year brought Brawn the WCC with Mercedes engines and the team's British driver Jenson Button won the WDC.

According to the respected German paper Dennis might throw out Whitmarsh and return as team principal himself.

Dennis was last seen in Abu Dhabi for the first time since Melbourne.

Janne Aittoniemi

Edited by Wolfie, 10 November 2009 - 17:28.

#1761 CoolFiltered

CoolFiltered

• 1,036 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 17:29

Herself, and a very nice herself she is too. :)

#1762 thiscocks

thiscocks

• 1,489 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 17:41

Cant see kimi going to mclaren really. Id be very surprised if he did. Mclaren should save some money and take a punt on Kobyashi

#1763 Odvan

Odvan

• 2,074 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 17:46

Ron 'I'm not having any more lazy-a*s drivers in my team'

That's real quote?

#1764 BiH

BiH

• 2,460 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 17:47

don't understand why ron is mad that brawn won the title with mercedes engine.....if brawn didn't have mercedes engine (they still would have been a strong team) or red bull would have won the title and besides its not like renault is complaining that red bull is beating them on track using their engines.

#1765 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:04

don't understand why ron is mad that brawn won the title with mercedes engine.....if brawn didn't have mercedes engine (they still would have been a strong team) or red bull would have won the title and besides its not like renault is complaining that red bull is beating them on track using their engines.

Yeah I'm not ready to believe it myself. Either that Martin alone okayed the supply or that Ron would sack him over it.

#1766 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:10

A return of Ron Dennis to the pitwall would make next year a bit interesting. It would also make Lewis Hamilton's situation at Mclaren (particularly with the departure of Mercedes) far less solid too.

So goodness knows what it would mean for Kimi.

#1767 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:12

i cant buy the story because

1...its impossible to imagine ron wouldnt have been actively involved in the decision to allow merc to supply brawn..simply because he was banned,doesnt mean he left his pivotal position in mclaren..ron dennis is mclaren...surely he was the one making those decisions...
i know amus are pretty reliable normally but this doesnt make any sense

2.on the kimi deal,people overhype the little fallout b/w ron and kimi.kimi left mclaren for 1 reason only.to win a wdc.hed spent 5 years at mac denied by engine failures and the latest 06 car was perhaps the last nail in the coffin.yes ron may have commented on his offtrack antics and kimi did have objections over his controlling nature,but these were no where near the reason,he left for ferrari..one must also remember that it was ron who picked up kimi after just 6 months in f1 and the later was undoubtedly his blue eyed boy at mclaren all those years

Edited by grunge, 10 November 2009 - 18:14.

#1768 The Ragged Edge

The Ragged Edge

• 4,435 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:13

A return of Ron Dennis to the pitwall would make next year a bit interesting. It would also make Lewis Hamilton's situation at Mclaren (particularly with the departure of Mercedes) far less solid too.

So goodness knows what it would mean for Kimi.

Ron Menace is not coming back. He has bigger fish to fry by concentrating on roadcar business.

#1769 overmatik

overmatik

• 146 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:18

mclaren-cosworth

I think the logic way is a McLaren engine. I think this will happen eventually, either there's a break-up now or not.

#1770 Mia 01

Mia 01

• 266 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:23

Thank you CoolFiltered, we must know from somewhere :confused:

Me to.

I think I know her (like her opnions on a couple of unknown places).

#1771 maccaFTW

maccaFTW

• 704 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:37

:blush:

I had no idea but was happy to see that the articles are spread if they are of any interest, especially the TS-articles.

It's she, Wolfie is Nicole :wave:

To Rodrigo, the same horror-scenario is in the Finnish press also:

Ilta-Sanomat
09.11.2009 18:45

McLAREN's TEAM PRINCIPAL WILL BE FIRED?

It is boiling in McLaren-team. According to Auto Motor und Sport -magazine Martin Whitmarsh might be fired.

Ron Dennis thinks it's a big mistake that Whitmarsh accepted last winter the 2-year contract between Brawn GP and Mercedes.

The first year brought Brawn the WCC with Mercedes engines and the team's British driver Jenson Button won the WDC.

According to the respected German paper Dennis might throw out Whitmarsh and return as team principal himself.

Dennis was last seen in Abu Dhabi for the first time since Melbourne.

Janne Aittoniemi

This is a bunch of rubbish.

Whitmarsh did a great job last year of leading the team and marshaling them into developing the car. He's proven his worth.

#1772 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:43

Ron Menace is not coming back. He has bigger fish to fry by concentrating on roadcar business.

True. People use to forget about this. 3 sports cars in the making (hundreds of millions projects each), a new factory in the making, F1 engine department should be in the making.

He may visit some GPs as a civil, but he's very busy with other things, he won't be toying on the pitwall.

Martin won't be fired, despite the hard times he did a very good job this season.

Edited by hunnylander, 10 November 2009 - 18:44.

#1773 Mia 01

Mia 01

• 266 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:43

Ouch, was the opinion-thing meant negative, Mia? I think I know you too, not very well but I remember you from a place I haven't visited in ages. :)

I only 'know' hello86 from here so hello hello86 :wave:

Nope, in a positive way. If you add 04, you should know.

Take care and keep posting!

#1774 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,540 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:44

Ron's not mad they won the title, he's mad that Merc may now jump ship and buy into Brawn.

Pretty bitter pill for McLaren to swallow if true, tbh. They accept something that they aren't obliged to do, that helps a competitor, for the overall good of the sport and get utterly shafted in the process.

#1775 Mia 01

Mia 01

• 266 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 19:20

Hello Mia, I remember you :wave:

You are from Sweden, right? What do the papers say there about Kimi's situation? It would be interesting to know ;)

Take care ;)

Thank you, I needed that!

#1776 WebBerK

WebBerK

• 831 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 19:32

:evil: Kimi, you're locking the market.

I understand you enjoy bottlenecks, but please... make up you mind. :well:

#1777 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 19:45

Ouch, was the opinion-thing meant negative, Mia? I think I know you too, not very well but I remember you from a place I haven't visited in ages. :)

I only 'know' hello86 from here so hello hello86 :wave:

:wave: :clap:

#1778 zarooch

zarooch

• 600 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 19:54

err... so its not about kimi it was about mcLaren and mercedes. I'd say Kimi, forget it, just forget it. Go back home have sometime off, go WRC. then see in 2011 if need to come back WITH REDBULL.

on this McLaren Merc issue... Well surely there is something cooking inside. Moreover if the partnership has to end in 2 years time then why not finish it now? I mean it has to happen one day, why not start buliding there own engines? besides the sports cars division will also be up n running, so I'd guess instead of relying on some engine manufacturer, just do it themselves. Complete McLaren package.

I think what they need to try to do is...

1. Buy out the BMW F1 engine division.
2. Ask Mercedes to see out there contract until 2011, plus add 1 more year because there'll be an engine formula change after 2012. I think turbos coming back?
3. After 2012 there 2013 engine spec will be fully developed and be ready to be used in F1 project as well as there sports cars division will also benefit from it.

so if mercedes wants to go separate... why force them?

#1779 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 20:11

Thank you CoolFiltered, we must know from somewhere :confused:

Ah! I recognise that avatar! Hey Nicole :wave: Ollaan törmätty F1-Forumilla :D

Advertisement

#1780 Tomerell

Tomerell

• 1,896 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:56

err... so its not about kimi it was about mcLaren and mercedes. I'd say Kimi, forget it, just forget it. Go back home have sometime off, go WRC. then see in 2011 if need to come back WITH REDBULL.

on this McLaren Merc issue... Well surely there is something cooking inside. Moreover if the partnership has to end in 2 years time then why not finish it now? I mean it has to happen one day, why not start buliding there own engines? besides the sports cars division will also be up n running, so I'd guess instead of relying on some engine manufacturer, just do it themselves. Complete McLaren package.

I think what they need to try to do is...

1. Buy out the BMW F1 engine division.
2. Ask Mercedes to see out there contract until 2011, plus add 1 more year because there'll be an engine formula change after 2012. I think turbos coming back?
3. After 2012 there 2013 engine spec will be fully developed and be ready to be used in F1 project as well as there sports cars division will also benefit from it.

so if mercedes wants to go separate... why force them?

I think that the number 1 will be their main target if they really depart the ways with Mercedes.
Ron has been keen to turn McLaren to the "road of Ferrari", become a team that is also a road car manufacturer, and own engine would suit that more than well. If the BMW division is there to be bought, the opportunity is too good to miss for them. Good engine to be labeled as McLaren must be Ron's wet dream...

What McLaren will be missing most, if Mercedes leaves, is their money that have been bumped in to the team.

If this type of things are on the agenda then the driver lineup is secondary issue for the team and slows things down. I also think that Kimi would like to know the outcome of the mess before he signs for several years.

What I fear is that they would not find a way to settle things down, and Kimi decides to take the "sabatical", and we all know that usually there is no way back from there :|

Edited by Tomerell, 11 November 2009 - 09:56.

#1781 MaxFan1

MaxFan1

• 1,061 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:02

What I fear is that they would not find a way to settle things down, and Kimi decides to take the "sabatical", and we all know that usually there is no way back from there :|

One mans poison is anothers feast. Kimi doesn't belong in McLaren. He knows it, everyone knows it. McLaren needs someone like Rosberg. A PR savvy person who can bring money into the team to develop the cars.

#1782 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1

• 8,681 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:03

Kimi to Brawn?

Well, what Jenson demanding is more than half of what Kimi is demanding and Ross has already ruled out Kimi for being too expensive. So I think Kimi to Brawn is not even on the horizon at the moment, and if he would be willing to lower his demands to meet what Brawn is willing to pay, he might as well take what's on offer for McLaren that is more and he thinks is too little...

#1783 kismet

kismet

• 7,376 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:21

I would think Brawn wants to keep Button and McLaren probably wants to sign Räikkönen but neither team wants to pay through the nose now that they've realised they don't actually have to. Buyer's market and all that.

In the end, Button will cave in and stay put.

Edited by kismet, 11 November 2009 - 11:33.

#1784 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1

• 8,681 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:36

But who knows what Kimi is demanding? Finnish papers say it's almost nothing, something around 5 million euros (can't believe I just said it's almost nothing - lol).

Toyota already said that they had negotiated with Kimi but he was asking too much. Kimi again knew nothing about the negotiations :lol:

Just pure speculation from my side and why on earth wouldn't Ross want to keep Jenson? One would assume that he would do his everything to keep the man who won both the WDC and the WCC?

Finnish papers are saying he asks for 5 MEURO.

Ross Brawn has said Kimi is too expensive and McLaren thinks he aks for too much.

Wow.

Either the Finish papers are mistaken och Kimi is valued even less than I could imagine in F1 now.

#1785 Odvan

Odvan

• 2,074 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:36

So there is a slight possiblility that Kimi could go to Brawn too when thinking about Ross not confirming any drivers let alone refusing to raise the WDC's salary :confused:

So Kimi lied when said Mac his only options. I love imagination but not in this case. :wave:

#1786 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,953 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:38

So Kimi lied when said Mac his only options. I love imagination but not in this case. :wave:

To be fair - the situation seems to be changing all the time here. So a new scenario may have opened up.

#1787 MaxFan1

MaxFan1

• 1,061 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:40

He also lied when he said he was happier at Ferrari and that it would be the last team he would drive for in F1. If he was happier at Ferrari why does he want to come back to McLaren. He doesn't even like the team or Ron.

#1788 Odvan

Odvan

• 2,074 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:41

And I think big players like Mclaren and Brawn has already solved their situations.

#1789 MaxFan1

MaxFan1

• 1,061 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:43

And I think big players like Mclaren and Brawn has already solved their situations.

:up:
It's obviously going to be Heidfeld or Button in the McLaren after all the praising MW and Haug have given to Heidfeld. Can't wait for the next season when LH and NH wrap up the WDC and WCC for McLaren. :smoking:

Edited by MaxFan1, 11 November 2009 - 11:43.

#1790 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:48

November 21, 2009.

That's the date to watch.

#1791 CoolFiltered

CoolFiltered

• 1,036 posts

No-one will know whether he was being honest until he either signs or doesn't sign, perhaps he genuinely feels that he wants to drive for McLaren or no-one, maybe he might consider other teams, it seems a very fluid market with much more than monetary considerations in some cases, especially given the options of personal sponsorship, ability to partake in rallies etc, and I suspect very few people know with any certainty what salaries are being offered/requested.

Only one thing is certain, when they line up for the first race of 2010, we'll know who's driving for who.

#1792 A.Ascari

A.Ascari

• 35 posts

I would think Brawn wants to keep Button and McLaren probably wants to sign Räikkönen but neither team wants to pay through the nose now that they've realised they don't actually have to. Buyer's market and all that.

Again, like the previous post said, nobody knows how much Kimis is asking. Except what we can read in the Bild magazine. According to Kimi's management however, money is not the object.

#1793 Music Lover

Music Lover

• 1,120 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:16

No-one will know whether he was being honest until he either signs or doesn't sign, perhaps he genuinely feels that he wants to drive for McLaren or no-one, maybe he might consider other teams, it seems a very fluid market with much more than monetary considerations in some cases, especially given the options of personal sponsorship, ability to partake in rallies etc, and I suspect very few people know with any certainty what salaries are being offered/requested.

Only one thing is certain, when they line up for the first race of 2010, we'll know who's driving for who.

Has it ever happened that Kimi han't said the truth?
He is very outspoken about things isn't he?
And he was leaving Ferrari...

Regarding money, has he mentioned that? I just heard him spoken about a "race winning car and team that proven it can win titles".
Currently you have Ferrari, Mac, Brawn (and RB knocking on the door as they likely have the best constructor)

#1794 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,728 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:28

He also lied when he said he was happier at Ferrari and that it would be the last team he would drive for in F1. If he was happier at Ferrari why does he want to come back to McLaren. He doesn't even like the team or Ron.

Why do you keep on with this line? It was something he said when he first moved to Ferrari, it didn't mean he was unhappy at Mac and is the sort of thing we all say when we first move to pastuers new. He said Ferrari would be his last team expecting to be there for longer than 2 years, and his return to Mac isn't because he was unhappy at Ferrari (but why wouldn't he be under the circumstances) but because they are unhappy with him.

Out of interest, are there any quotes from KR saying he doesnt like either Mac or Ron?

#1795 denthierry

denthierry

• 1,494 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:47

Why do you keep on with this line? It was something he said when he first moved to Ferrari, it didn't mean he was unhappy at Mac and is the sort of thing we all say when we first move to pastuers new. He said Ferrari would be his last team expecting to be there for longer than 2 years, and his return to Mac isn't because he was unhappy at Ferrari (but why wouldn't he be under the circumstances) but because they are unhappy with him.

Out of interest, are there any quotes from KR saying he doesnt like either Mac or Ron?

Honestly, spending quite some time reading this thread, and occasionally bumping into Maxfan1's post, i have started wondering about a twist in the man's head to explain his obstinance and determination to continuously bother posting on a thread with no other aim but to bash one particular driver. It's been annoying, irritating, frustrating first... then it's started to raise eyebrows and questions as to what's driving him this way... now i've come to the stage of thinking he's probably just a poor and lonely ****** and we should all in solidarity help him move ahead 'on his way' again. I mean the man really worries me a bit, to a point i might actually be worried of what's happened to him if suddenly, one day, his name stops appearing. poor sod.

#1796 SpamJet

SpamJet

• 801 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:49

Honestly, spending quite some time reading this thread, and occasionally bumping into Maxfan1's post, i have started wondering about a twist in the man's head to explain his obstinance and determination to continuously bother posting on a thread with no other aim but to bash one particular driver. It's been annoying, irritating, frustrating first... then it's started to raise eyebrows and questions as to what's driving him this way... now i've come to the stage of thinking he's probably just a poor and lonely ****** and we should all in solidarity help him move ahead 'on his way' again. I mean the man really worries me a bit, to a point i might actually be worried of what's happened to him if suddenly, one day, his name stops appearing. poor sod.

I thinks hes just some kid.

#1797 MaxFan1

MaxFan1

• 1,061 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:54

Just because you're favourite driver is not my favourite driver doesn't mean you have to call me names.

#1798 CoolFiltered

CoolFiltered

• 1,036 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 13:16

And Mods here DON`T do nothing because it is Kimi thread he(and couple others accounts he uses) is destroying :down:
Try to troll like this at Hamilton thread you will be banned at once.

At the risk of going off topic, rather than drag yourself down to his level and style why not rise above it, I imagine there's nothing more infuriating to a troll than to have its comments ignored.

#1799 RodrigoL

RodrigoL

• 1,531 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 13:17

I thinks hes just some kid.

Just because you're favourite driver is not my favourite driver doesn't mean you have to call me names.

Yep, defnitely just a kid. :cat:

Advertisement

#1800 Tomerell

Tomerell

• 1,896 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 13:21

Yep, defnitely just a kid. :cat:

It has been quite obvious for some time now, when looking the quality of his posts.

At the risk of going off topic, rather than drag yourself down to his level and style why not rise above it, I imagine there's nothing more infuriating to a troll than to have its comments ignored.

:up: