• 2,944 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:46

Robert and I will see you there !

Vince Howlett, Victoria, B.C., Canada

#4 bobLee

bobLee

• 65 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 21:31

I will be there and am bringing the Horst Kwech/Gaston Andrey 1966 Championship Trans-Am Alfa GTA. The Panel on how to cheat in the Trans-Am will be worth the price of admission. Bud Moore let some of the secrets out at the Amelia Island Trans-Am panel but the Peterson event will be even more detailed. Horst will be there and will participate in the panel.

Posted Image

Edited by bobLee, 31 October 2009 - 21:44.

#5 bobLee

bobLee

• 65 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:24

Here is a list of the honored guests that will be at the Peterson Museum Trans-Am Tribute tomorrow.

Posted Image

#6 oldtransamdriver

oldtransamdriver

• 228 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:35

Had a great time, and met fellow TNF'rs Frank Sheffield and Bob Lee. It sure brought back some memories. I was surprised to see that some folks travelled a long way to attend. At my table there were people from Chicago and Denver. It was nice that several behind the scenes people - crew chiefs, mechanics, fabricators etc. were also honored. The afternoon seminar was a hoot.

Many thanks to Tom MacIntyre and the Petersen crew for all their work. Some photos are now posted on the historictransamracing site.

Robert Barg

#7 Jeff Weinbren

Jeff Weinbren

• 147 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:54

Had a great time, and met fellow TNF'rs Frank Sheffield and Bob Lee. It sure brought back some memories. I was surprised to see that some folks travelled a long way to attend. At my table there were people from Chicago and Denver. It was nice that several behind the scenes people - crew chiefs, mechanics, fabricators etc. were also honored. The afternoon seminar was a hoot.

Many thanks to Tom MacIntyre and the Petersen crew for all their work. Some photos are now posted on the historictransamracing site.

Robert Barg

Bob, Didn't see you in any of the photos?????
Jeff.

#8 oldtransamdriver

oldtransamdriver

• 228 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:31

Hi Jeff, I'm hidden by some of the guys in front, where I should have stood, not with the tall guys at the back. One of the guests at my table got a few shots of my mug in it. I'll email it to you.

Robert

#9 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:40

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Robert with Jan Nelson; Jan still races his original '66 Mustang/Frank S between Robert and me/George Follmer with Robert

Posted Image Posted Image

Horst Kwech - "John and I, I think we were the best..."; behind Horst was Ronnie Kaplan; to Horst's left, John Martin, John Morton, Jan Nelson, Tom Yeager; back row, Parnelli Jones, Tony Adamowicz/
Gib Hufstader (Chev guy) - "The parts were SAFETY items..."; others in photo - George Follmer, Ron Fournier (Penske metalman), and Dick Guldstrand

Robert second from left/Jones, DeLorenzo, Follmer/Ron Fournier with his masterpieces

Posted Image [Posted Image Posted Image

Bob Lee with his Alfa/Tomy Drissi and Horst Kwech/John Morton and Peter Brock

"Aero Z-28" was also there.

Had a great time.

Vince H.

#10 bobLee

bobLee

• 65 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 15:06

Robert with Jan Nelson; Jan still races his original '66 Mustang/Frank S between Robert and me/George Follmer with Robert

Posted Image Posted Image

Horst Kwech - "John and I, I think we were the best..."; behind Horst was Ronnie Kaplan; to Horst's left, John Martin, John Morton, Jan Nelson, Tom Yeager; back row, Parnelli Jones, Tony Adamowicz/
Gib Hufstader (Chev guy) - "The parts were SAFETY items..."; others in photo - George Follmer, Ron Fournier (Penske metalman), and Dick Guldstrand

Robert second from left/Jones, DeLorenzo, Follmer/Ron Fournier with his masterpieces

Posted Image [Posted Image Posted Image

Bob Lee with his Alfa/Tomy Drissi and Horst Kwech/John Morton and Peter Brock

"Aero Z-28" was also there.

Had a great time.

Vince H.

Vince thanks for posting the photos. Great shot of Horst Kwech and Tomy Drissi, two Trans-Am champions, the first and last.

#11 Frank S

Frank S

• 2,162 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:35

That was quite an enjoyable day. Happy to have met Robert Barg and Vince Howlett. Here they are with Joe Freitas (Corvette racer in the day) and Jim Gessner (Finder of Lost Corvettes). There's something about these events that sends my picture-taking skills out the window. (Vince really isn't quite that blurry.)

Posted Image

There are quite a few more at Flickr.com; most are untitled, but practically all will have recognized characters portrayed. Dozens of car photos left to be processed:

Trans-Am set

#12 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:54

Good article and photos on the event in Hemmings Muscle Machines, March, 2010. I think you can order a copy here:

http://www.hemmings....publication=MUS

or here:

http://www.hemmings....ue.html?pub=MUS

Vince H.