Photo

2010 - MotoGP (Moto2; WSBK; AMA; BSB)

• Please log in to reply
5890 replies to this topic

#4601 Jambo

Jambo

• 2,614 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:05

So, what's the deal with Marquez? Is he on the level of past dominant 125cc riders? I kind of question how much talent he's up against, as so many of the guys that he maybe would have raced against are busy stuffing the Moto2 grid instead.

I think he will be the next big thing to be honest. So much committment, you can actually see how fast he is.

Advertisement

#4602 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 12,413 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:26

Thought Hayden was going to hang on in there but still a very good performance by the Kentucky Kid.

#4603 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 13:29

Thought Hayden was going to hang on in there but still a very good performance by the Kentucky Kid.

Brilliant job for qualifying, but his longer run pace isn't nearly as impressive. I think he's gonna fall back in the race and probably finish around 6th place(if nobody ahead crashes).

#4604 giddyup409

giddyup409

• 2,500 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 14:04

with possible dry warmup and rain for the race, :lol: , everyone will depend on their software engineer's race setup

#4605 Hypnotise

Hypnotise

• 1,245 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 14:29

Rossi win if it's win?

#4606 Andy35

Andy35

• 4,823 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 17:17

Being a bit dozy here but why did they have the start time so late when we know from all these 2 and 4 wheel events in the Far East near the equator that clouds really bubble up once the sun leaves the zenith.

Rain seems to be a big part actor this weekend.

Wherever you are

Andy

#4607 ehagar

ehagar

• 7,743 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 18:13

But why couldn't Suzuki make bikes available to private squads? It must point to more cash coming into the works squad and - in theory (as could all manufacturers) - could use the customers as guinea pigs for the test and development in race conditions of new trick parts prior to dishing out to the works boys. (I believe that Lotus did this with Rebaque in the 70s).

$$$. There are a lot of very good riders/former teams that are currently on the sidelines right now. My biggest beef with Grand Prix racing is teams like Pons, WCM, and KR are gone.

If you were a 'privateer' squad and had to keep sponsors happy, what would you chose? One of the bikes that won a race or an also ran like Suzuki. I would think its a tough sell as is for any privateer considering the last time a non-factory bike has won a race.

What I don't understand is why Grand Prix bike racing has so much difficulty finding sponsors, even in good economic times. I would have thought given the TV exposure and viewership, a case could be made that you could be a primary sponsor for far less than what it takes to get on a F1 car.

#4608 santori

santori

• 4,107 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 18:35

Pramac Ducati will only run a bike for Capirossi next year.

Aleix Espargarò 'is being courted by both Sito Pons and Aspar Martinez.'

#4609 Hypnotise

Hypnotise

• 1,245 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 19:33

Will MotoGP And F1 clash?

#4610 beanoid

beanoid

• 5,247 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 20:29

Andy, F1 is why the GP race is so late. Dorna and Bernie have some kind of "arrangement" that they won't air at the same time.

#4611 Andy35

Andy35

• 4,823 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 20:46

Andy, F1 is why the GP race is so late. Dorna and Bernie have some kind of "arrangement" that they won't air at the same time.

Ironic considering what's happened this weekend in Japan this weekend that the bikes are delayed and so might get rain.

Andy

#4612 The Oracle

The Oracle

• 104 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 21:57

$$$. There are a lot of very good riders/former teams that are currently on the sidelines right now. My biggest beef with Grand Prix racing is teams like Pons, WCM, and KR are gone.

If you were a 'privateer' squad and had to keep sponsors happy, what would you chose? One of the bikes that won a race or an also ran like Suzuki. I would think its a tough sell as is for any privateer considering the last time a non-factory bike has won a race.

What I don't understand is why Grand Prix bike racing has so much difficulty finding sponsors, even in good economic times. I would have thought given the TV exposure and viewership, a case could be made that you could be a primary sponsor for far less than what it takes to get on a F1 car.

Agreed, however are you really considering that Karl Abrahams will have the ability to run with Rossi and Hayden on his Ducati next season?? especially when guys like Barbera & Kallio (as mentioned above) can't seem to get very far up the grid (granted Barbera has improved over the last few rounds) what I'm saying is that some of these "privateers" are looking for a chance to compete in the main event and i'm guessing that KA is expecting a season of running around at the back a la Gabor Talmaschi - so what i'm suggesting if for example Ducati are supplying bikes for $1,000,000 and Yamaha and Honda £950,000 why wouldn't Suzuki sell for lets say $800,000 someone will buy and "become" a GP rider and - you never know - it may just get him noticed, lets say for example Luthi is linked with a ride for a Satallite Suzuki team for 2011, without trying to sound too harsh he's not likley to threaten the top 10 regulary even if riding a Honda, Yamaha or Ducati but maybe after a season or so he may well start improving, and may well lead to a ride Pramac, Gresini or LCR ride.

Put it another way, if there are bikes to be ridden - someone will ride them!

#4613 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 6,881 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 22:31

I think you're assuming that there's more than one Karel Abraham out there. That's not a racing team, it's a rich man and his son and they won't be there for more than a season or two.

#4614 Kaiser

Kaiser

• 2,257 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 22:46

Barbera has done real well this year IMO. Kallio OTOH has never impressed. He always seemed to fade toward the end of races on a 250, and he's never missed a chance to have a nice whine in MotoGP. Abraham may have trouble with the 110%(is that the standard in MotoGP?) rule.

#4615 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 6,881 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 23:36

Abraham isn't THAT bad. He's been in the top 10 plenty in Moto2 this year and was legitimately 3rd at Japan. He's only 10 points out of 10th place as well, definitely achievable with 4 races left.

#4616 Jambo

Jambo

• 2,614 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:32

In the Motogp live chat (;) )yesterday morning when chantting to Andy and Beanoid I put forward the suggestion of Aoyama going to Gresini and Repsol running a three man team.

Apparently this is now the likely scenario. However nothing has been decided and it seems to change every hour or so, so we will have to wait and see.

Edited by Jambo, 10 October 2010 - 02:41.

#4617 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:35

I want a monumental scrap between VR and JL today.

#4618 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:21

I want a monumental scrap between VR and JL today.

That shoulder though. :lol:

Interesting they have scheduled the race so late in teh day to avoid clashing with Formula Cowards. Usually at that time of the day the weather in Sepang is unpredictable to say the least, and heavy rain can start within minutes. Jorge's mental balance would face its sternest test yet.

#4619 Lazy Prodigy

Lazy Prodigy

• 2,688 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:54

Abraham isn't THAT bad. He's been in the top 10 plenty in Moto2 this year and was legitimately 3rd at Japan. He's only 10 points out of 10th place as well, definitely achievable with 4 races left.

Maybe dady should have funded one of the 10 riders ahead no? How can you let Espargaro go when he has mopped the floor with Kallio?

Advertisement

#4620 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 6,881 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:47

Maybe dady should have funded one of the 10 riders ahead no? How can you let Espargaro go when he has mopped the floor with Kallio?

That's not how it works though, this was my point up above. He's there to go racing via his son. Once the monetary burden starts to add up disproportionately compared to the results they'll both be gone.

#4621 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,679 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:05

Haga is in a team on its own.

Ten Kate is one bike for Rea unless theres a big sponsor.

JT is with BMW team Italia with Badovini

Lanzi has one good race a season ;)
He looks to be with Scassa at Supersonic Ducati or another to be finalised Ducati team.

team Liberty, isn't that Ducati?

Who is riding for Pedercini?

Scassa go to WSS(Triumph). It is official.

Ten Kate working on a deal with Castrol. De Angelis could be the second rider.

Althe maybe will have a second bike. It depends on the money.

Yoshimura Suzuki alsp depends on the money.

Byrne could be Haga'a team-mate.

#4622 Zava

Zava

• 7,116 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:05

could someone give me a link to live stream? please :)

#4623 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:08

Is Dovi really trying? How close does he need to be before we see him try?

Edited by Atreiu, 10 October 2010 - 08:09.

#4624 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:18

finally

#4625 portago

portago

• 210 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:50

Historic day.

10/10/2010 will be remembered as the day Spain secured the win in all three classes of Moto GP. This is the first time ever that a country wins in all classes in contention in Moto GP.

Lorenzo Moto GP winner,
Tony Elias, Moto 2 winner,

The only question is, who will clinch the 125 class? My bet goes to Marquez....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

#4626 Jambo

Jambo

• 2,614 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:07

Think Italy and Britain have both done all championships before, but well done to Spain!

Congrats to Elias and hope Marquez will win too!

#4627 SteF1an

SteF1an

• 893 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:20

Congratulations to Lorenzo and Elias!

Classic Rossi, from 11th to 1st... :up:

#4628 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:27

Well done Lorenzo.

Good race by Rossi. Dove is such a choker, once again he got reminded why HRC need Stoner next to Pedrosa.

Edited by primer, 10 October 2010 - 09:31.

#4629 portago

portago

• 210 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:04

Think Italy and Britain have both done all championships before, but well done to Spain!

Congrats to Elias and hope Marquez will win too!

No, they haven't. I believe both countries got three championships (as well as Spain in the eighties) when there were four championships in contention. But now Spain has won all the crowns this year.

Just for the sake of clarity...

#4630 portago

portago

• 210 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:06

Well done Lorenzo.

Good race by Rossi. Dove is such a choker, once again he got reminded why HRC need Stoner next to Pedrosa.

Absolutely. The HRC Honda is clearly the fastest bike out there and when in Pedrosa's hands it really shines. But Dovi simply hasn't got it.

HRC would better give that third factory bike they are considering building to Tony Elias!

#4631 Lights

Lights

• 17,875 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:09

Easy title for Lorenzo, but you can't take it away from him.

Sneaky of Rossi to take some of Lorenzo's glory away on this day.

#4632 portago

portago

• 210 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:38

Easy title for Lorenzo, but you can't take it away from him.

Sneaky of Rossi to take some of Lorenzo's glory away on this day.

I tend to think that Rossi injured himself seriously this season beacuse for the first ime in many years he had an opponent worthy of his pushing himself beyond his limit. So no taking away from Lorenzo at all... IMO more worthy of the championship title than the other two guys who took it from Rossi before, Stoner and Hayden, though for different reasons: Stoner had a too dominant Ducati that year and Hayden, well.... it's got to be the least deserved WC ever!

And yes, Rossi thinks too much of himself to leave just one day of glory to Lorenzo... :rolleyes:

#4633 Andy35

Andy35

• 4,823 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:38

Well done Toni and Jorge, both well deserved. Rossi back to his old ways and a really good race to watch, some good scraps.

Andy

#4634 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:50

Well done Elias and Lorenzo
Good day's racing.
Rolfo :)

#4635 portago

portago

• 210 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:39

Well done Elias and Lorenzo
Good day's racing.
Rolfo :)

Robby Rolfo is a gentleman inside and out of the track so I am happy for him winning again!

#4636 Option1

Option1

• 14,892 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:29

Rossi won because he's sneaky and he thinks too much of himself????? I've seen some moronic posts on here, but those two take the prize for this season. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did it ever cross your minds that maybe he won the race because he's a racer and that's what racers do?

Congratulations to Lorenzo on a great and well-deserved world championship. :up: :up:

What a great race all down the field today.

Neil

#4637 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 13:13

Rossi was INCREDIBLE today! He showed why he is the best rider in the world :love: :up:

Congratulations to Jorge for winning the title. He was great this year and deserves it :)

#4638 portago

portago

• 210 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 13:22

Rossi won because he's sneaky and he thinks too much of himself????? I've seen some moronic posts on here, but those two take the prize for this season.

Did it ever cross your minds that maybe he won the race because he's a racer and that's what racers do?

Congratulations to Lorenzo on a great and well-deserved world championship.

What a great race all down the field today.

Neil

Read again the expletives you dedicate to other posters. They describe you wonderfully.

Rossi was sneaky not because he won -deservedly so- today. he is because he tried to steal the day from Lorenzo. You see, a race is won in every reace weekend in a season (about 18 of them), but a season is only won once.

Rolfo also won a race today -and deservedly so too. He throughly celebrated it but he did not try to steal the show from Elias.

Sometimes I think that Rossi needs to grow up a little....

#4639 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 14:09

If growing up means keeping his ego in check and letting go of mindgames, bah, hell will freeze over.

Dorna could have saved the 800cc formula, or at least given it a much better face, if they had simply allowed a bigger fuel tank. If the wet/dry races hadn't been enough, today's race should have made it clear.

Advertisement

#4640 Lazy Prodigy

Lazy Prodigy

• 2,688 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 14:13

Fantastic for Rossi. Still showing he can ride. I think his shoulder may not be so bad yeah it hurts but his problems is with setup though recently. But in any case this is not that surprising because he is just better at Sepang. And I see no reason why Rossi should let JLo win. That is silly just like all the fuss was about last week.

#4641 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 15:24

Congrats to Lorenzo on his maiden title

#4642 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 15:48

Some posts have been cleaned up - please do not attack the poster.

#4643 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 15:59

Read again the expletives you dedicate to other posters. They describe you wonderfully.

Rossi was sneaky not because he won -deservedly so- today. he is because he tried to steal the day from Lorenzo. You see, a race is won in every reace weekend in a season (about 18 of them), but a season is only won once.

Rolfo also won a race today -and deservedly so too. He throughly celebrated it but he did not try to steal the show from Elias.

Sometimes I think that Rossi needs to grow up a little....

So Rossi shouldn't have won? I don't understand.

#4644 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 16:11

I think the spanish armada that joined the BB with Alonso's success is about to find their way into the bike thread...

By the way, the Spaniards have won what, 70% of all races this season? It must be some sort of record.

#4645 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 16:30

Heh, did anyone notice how Rossi got the biggest cheer on podium today? Rossi also got mobbed by marshalls and track workers on the victory lap. Lorenzo inspite of his new title is not that popular, yet. Mostly his attitude is to be blamed: always making other people wait on him and generally acting like a ****. Today he ignored other riders who tried to congratulate him post-race.

Moving his arm half-way to a handshake is too much effort for King Jorge of Lorenzoland. In his mind the mere idea that others consider it fit to shake his hand is breaking certain protocols, these plebeians ought to prostrate to his greatness.

I've no doubt that he is the best rider in motoGP, but unless he acquires some humility he will not achieve the popularity he so brazenly craves. Thankfully Lorenzo had had Rossi as team-mate and that his kept his egomaniac ways in check. He has to act humble in front of press because next to him there's a man who has achieved so much more. If Ben Spies fails to challenge him next season, Lorenzo will be unbearable.

#4646 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 16:57

Honestly, screw popularity.

#4647 Jamelon

Jamelon

• 706 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 17:37

Honestly, screw popularity.

+1

This is about riding, we're not kids looking for a role model here... All these guys are extremely competitive and ultra-selfish individuals. They have to be. The difference is that some are more "transparent" and others have more control in showing their better side on the surface... but come on, "popularity" has to be only about the riding.

Rossi is the most popular because he has been THE best for ages. His riding...all those almost pre-planned bad starts and uncountablel heart-stopping last lap battles, are what gained him his reputation of a genius. His funny side means nothing without that...

#4648 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,784 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 17:41

Well Lorenzo truly deserves this years title he did a great job all year long. But still i bet he wasnt happy that Rossi won today and took away some of the thunder, and i had to laugh at how Lorenzo put his bike onto the number 1 spot and the engineers quickly pushed him back to the 3rd spot.

Btw what exactly happened to Stoner? I never saw what he exactly did, was it a highsider or something? Or did the front just slid away?

#4649 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 17:54

Or did the front just slid away?

Yes looked like he lost the front when braking + turning for the final corner.

#4650 giddyup409

giddyup409

• 2,500 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 18:48

Dove is such a choker, once again he got reminded why HRC need Stoner next to Pedrosa.

why? to remind hrc that stoner can lose the bike in the kitty litter on the 1st lap?

great race from top to bottom. if this is the result of the extra gallon of fuel, i say: dorna, give them 2 now! you may encourage some sponsors for 2011 before they board the flight. i now on tv, 10 bikes on a grid might be too much, but to watch the race on the stands... c'mon, nothing beats moto2 size grid. and speaking of moto2, bravo robi rolfo!
well done champions lorenzo and elias, with a another spaniard to be crowned in 125, what can you say then spanish clean sweep in the premium motorcycle racing series. the championship celebrations were weak. at one point i thought elias got a hot titted chick behind the gresini banners to celebrate.... what was the point?