• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 GimmieKimi

GimmieKimi

• 151 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:33

Mods Open my thread!!
http://forums.autosp...w...iekimi&st=0

Roberstons have just confirmed Kimi to take a year out like i said. What Robertson never really said was that Kimi has a secret deal with Red Bull and at a push only wanted a contract for a year with McLaren which did not happen.

I was right, i said Kimi would take a year out and he does not want McLaren deep down as he already had a verbal contract with Red Bull. The deal was for 2010 but Webber said he wont take the payoff.

I said I was 100% sure Kimi wont sign for McLaren and people like Grunge and Odvan and the other naive posters laughed.

Giles4ever you did a good job keeping everything in perspective ( locking and deleting any Kimi to Red Bull thread of mine) but its time top let the truth out if you want to let Auto sport be the number one source for internet breaking news and not some rumour.

Kimi to Red Bull here we come :clap:

Edited by GimmieKimi, 17 November 2009 - 23:49.

Advertisement

#2 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:36

Mods Open my thread!!

Roberstons have just confirmed Kimi to take a year out like i said. What Robertson never really said was that Kimi has a secret deal with Red Bull and at a push only wanted a contract for a year with McLaren which did not happen.

I was right, i said Kimi would take a year out and he does not want McLaren deep down as he already had a verbal contract with Red Bull. The deal was for 2010 but Webber said he wont take the payoff.

I said I was 1005 sure Kimi wont sign for McLaren and people like Grunge and Odvan and the other naive posters laughed.

Giles4ever you did a good job keeping everything in perspective ( locking and deleting any Kimi to Red Bull thread of mine) but its time top let the truth out if you want to let Auto sport be the number one source for internet breaking news and not some rumour.

He sure knows how to make an add for a drink.

But seriously, one year out of F1 on his age is normally the end of a F1 career.

#3 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:36

Can I insert the rollyeyes emoticon?

#4 plastik2k9

plastik2k9

• 509 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:38

And your source please?

#5 FNG

FNG

• 5,763 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:39

He's done

Took the money before the drive. See ya ( and I'm a big kimi fan) He could have drove if he wanted too. Cash is king I guess.

There is no year out, he's done

Edited by FNG, 17 November 2009 - 23:39.

#6 barteks

barteks

• 2,329 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:41

We do not need another thread about Kimi. Really.

#7 WorldChampion

WorldChampion

• 87 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:44

Mods Open my thread!!

I said I was 1005 sure Kimi wont sign for McLaren and people like Grunge and Odvan and the other naive posters laughed.

a year out hmmmmmmm, like when Hakkinnen took a year out...

I pray the Good Lord it is not going to be like that, but more Like Prost year out.

#8 AK47

AK47

• 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:44

But seriously, one year out of F1 on his age is normally the end of a F1 career.

Prost sat out 1992 at the age of 36? and came back to win the wc in 1993 in the best car. There is plenty of time for Kimi to come back he only just turned 30.

#9 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:45

Mods Open my thread!!

Kimi should have done the same like Webber and not accept the payoff from Santander :p Then he'd possibly have the best car next year ( with all the development time put in the 2010 Ferrari ) and then switch to Red Bull in 2011 when his contract expires.

But he still has got an amazing deal. Wish I got paid 12 million pounds for doing absolutely nothing :p

Edited by Simon Says, 17 November 2009 - 23:46.

#10 GimmieKimi

GimmieKimi

• 151 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:47

We do not need another thread about Kimi. Really.

True! Thats why i said the Mods should open the old one.  ;)

#11 barnardferrari

barnardferrari

• 378 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:48

http://www.ts.fi/onl...eilu/89167.html

Google translation:

Button Hamilton's McLaren team as Friend
Raikkonen a year off
Turun Sanomat 17.11 2009 22:46:23

Kimi Räikkönen Formula 1 career is over - at least for the time being. The 2007 world champion contractual matters, acting for the manager Steve Robertson Turun Sanomat confirmed Tuesday evening Macaolta that negotiations with McLaren have ended without result.

- The options of F1 at McLaren next season, or were not any. Kimi and McLaren were unable to reach an agreement, so he does not drive the F1 level, at least not next year, Robertson explained.

To return to the Grand Prix Cup of office in 2011 are there, but Räikkönen stable places of interest are low. At the moment This could be mainly Red Bull.

- Kimi still exudes ajohaluja. Gap year does not mean anything in that respect. More means that Kim can be found in the place where he can fight for profits and world champions, Robertson declares.

- F1 will miss Kim. He fought for his work in developing the summer, ceased even a Ferrari car in a way that only the best drivers are capable of, Robertson said.

Rallies and
Le Mans
Next year, Raikkonen drives at least some of the rallies and possibly Le Mans 24 hour race by winning the interest of Finnish stars very much.

Räikkönen Ferrari terminated the first contract period, which covered 30 September. Ferrari to replace the unilateral sopimusrikon amount of money that keeps Räikkönen kovapalkkaisimpana the next season of F1 drivers.

Robertson says that negotiations with other F1 teams' with no debate. All eyes are now directed to yet other challenges. Long-term partner of Red Bull with Raikkonen may be redeemed by the spurs to see World Rally Championship series in the future.

Räikkönen driver exit the market effectively means that the McLaren drive next year, two British world champions -- Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button . Guardian-Journal on Monday, already anticipating Button to finalize a three-year contract that raises his vuosipalkakseen six million pounds.

This McLaren team to drive for the first time kavereina two englantilaiskuljettajaa.

#12 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:48

Source or die.

#13 J-Raid

J-Raid

• 193 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:49

I hear Red Bull are launching soon (2011 a likely date) a new product, the ultimate Red Bull icecream... :stoned:

#14 WorldChampion

WorldChampion

• 87 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:51

you can pray for Kimi here: http://forums.autosp...howtopic=118917

#15 barteks

barteks

• 2,329 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:52

Yeah, and they already have Red Bull Cola :lol:

#16 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:52

I hear Red Bull are launching soon (2011 a likely date) a new product, the ultimate Red Bull icecream... :stoned:

Vodka-flavoured, of course.

#17 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,164 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:53

Kimi should have done the same like Webber and not accept the payoff from Santander :p Then he'd possibly have the best car next year ( with all the development time put in the 2010 Ferrari ) and then switch to Red Bull in 2011 when his contract expires.

But he still has got an amazing deal. Wish I got paid 12 million pounds for doing absolutely nothing :p

What did Webber do??????

#18 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,164 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:54

you can pray for Kimi here: http://forums.autosp...howtopic=118917

That's good cause we only have ten threads on this already. Where's the thread where I don't have to pray but can send Christmas wishes to him?

#19 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 23:59

I have to say that this is exactly what I've been expecting. McLaren not picking up Raikkonen made no sense whatsoever. And I think all this Raikkonen getting old and not being motivated stuff is all hogwash probably the result of people just not being in the position to understand the man. He's your typical enigmatic Finn guys. Outwardly, they're very different from your average more southern person. They're also almost impossibly honest and fair. Raikkonen may not cry after races, be the greatest actor in the pr department, or have the greatest TV-personality skill set, but when he says he's driving the hell out of a car and wants to win, the truth tends to be it's fact not BS. Look at what a time Fisi had driving the F60 -- couldn't hardly do better than Badoer. It wasn't that the car was new -- his best race was his first and he had countless hours learning controls on simulator -- it was that the car was genuine POS. But never hear once anything about that from Kimi. You just see him scoring more points than anyone across 5 races straight.

Point is, the McLaren guys know this, Haug knows this, Vettel knows this, etc. It's always been impossible that McLaren would choose not to have a Hamilton+Kimi super-team next year. And I believe that if Kimi says he's confident he can take next year off and then come back and beat everyone the next year, then it's fact. Otherwise, he'd pack up his more-money-than-anyone-else-in-F1 and head back to Finland where his real life (the people he loves) is. If he says he's coming back then he's coming back. If there's one thing that's fact in F1 it's that Raikkonen tells the truth and doesn't bs.

Advertisement

#20 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,164 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:03

I have to say that this is exactly what I've been expecting. McLaren not picking up Raikkonen made no sense whatsoever. And I think all this Raikkonen getting old and not being motivated stuff is all hogwash probably the result of people just not being in the position to understand the man. He's your typical enigmatic Finn guys. Outwardly, they're very different from your average more southern person. They're also almost impossibly honest and fair. Raikkonen may not cry after races, be the greatest actor in the pr department, or have the greatest TV-personality skill set, but when he says he's driving the hell out of a car and wants to win, the truth tends to be it's fact not BS. Look at what a time Fisi had driving the F60 -- couldn't hardly do better than Badoer. It wasn't that the car was new -- his best race was his first and he had countless hours learning controls on simulator -- it was that the car was genuine POS. But never hear once anything about that from Kimi. You just see him scoring more points than anyone across 5 races straight.

Point is, the McLaren guys know this, Haug knows this, Vettel knows this, etc. It's always been impossible that McLaren would choose not to have a Hamilton+Kimi super-team next year. And I believe that if Kimi says he's confident he can take next year off and then come back and beat everyone the next year, then it's fact. Otherwise, he'd pack up his more-money-than-anyone-else-in-F1 and head back to Finland where his real life (the people he loves) is. If he says he's coming back then he's coming back. If there's one thing that's fact in F1 it's that Raikkonen tells the truth and doesn't bs.

+1

Although, people do change their minds and 1 year is a long time.

Edited by Dolph, 18 November 2009 - 00:04.

#21 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:07

Where is Kimi saying he is coming back? This Red Bull thing is pure BS by the journo.

I'm still waiting to see what happens with the Mercedes drivers. But I think the money thirsty managers will keep Kimi out of F1 next year, and Kimi will try rallying more seriously. After that we will see if he is coming back or doing something else.

Edited by Bianchimont, 18 November 2009 - 00:09.

#22 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:10

I don't see why Kimi can't join Mercedes, Brawn team won the title, Kimi and Ross Brawn would be a great team, the closest youll get to Schumacher type laps with Brawn tactical thinking.

#23 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,164 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:12

I don't see why Kimi can't join Mercedes, Brawn team won the title, Kimi and Ross Brawn would be a great team, the closest youll get to Schumacher type laps with Brawn tactical thinking.

Cause his manager said there are no talks anymore as they seized due to issues over money. If they aren't willing to pay Button they sure as hell aren't willing to pay Kimi even more. MONEY!

#24 Hairpin

Hairpin

• 4,468 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:17

If it was just about money I am disappointed. But it seems that is what it was all about. I do think that a driver who first and foremost looks at the dollar signs is in a steep downhill slope anyway, so if Kimi is one of them we shall be happy he is leaving now before he becomes JVi2.

Not that anything is settled, but I don't think that Turun Sanomat would write it unless they were fairly certain it is the truth.

#25 rce

rce

• 2,003 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:22

Source or die.

Ditto. But I'm starting to think that GimmieKimi doesn't understand what "source" or "link" means - must be a bit daft.  ;)

#26 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:41

Who had easily the best car this year outside of the lucky ones who Moseley gave the DDD to start out the season with? Who had the best car of all for the most recent half season, even with same setback as Ferrari and McLaren (not having car designed for DDD)? What team would have Kimi driving with his best friend in F1? What team's culture best fits Raikkonen's "style"?

The answers to all these questions is Red Bull.

This is about Red Bull and Raikkonen realizing that he needs to be at Red Bull as soon as possible. Unfortunately, unlike Raikkonen who didn't want to make a team keep him if they'd expressed that they didn't want to, Webber declined contract buyout. So that means Raikkonen has to either get paid a small amount by Santander and drive for McLaren for one year, or get a huge amount of money from Santander and just go straight to Red Bull when Webber's contract was up.

The reason Raikkonen isn't driving at McLaren next year is that he wants to drive for Red Bull but no arrangement where he'd only commit to McLaren for one year worked out.

Watch him drive either a Red Bull Citroen or a "Red Bull Rallye" (Skoda) team car 2010.

#27 CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow

• 2,368 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:45

Guys, I've been talking to my sauces and they can confirm this.

#28 Hairpin

Hairpin

• 4,468 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:45

Ditto. But I'm starting to think that GimmieKimi doesn't understand what "source" or "link" means - must be a bit daft. ;)

Well, it is the top story here on Autosport, so...

#29 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:46

If he comes to Red Bull, great. But a year in this business is a long time....

#30 GimmieKimi

GimmieKimi

• 151 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:47

Ditto. But I'm starting to think that GimmieKimi doesn't understand what "source" or "link" means - must be a bit daft. ;)

Hkw about you read the site link :wave:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/80187

#31 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:49

Who had easily the best car this year outside of the lucky ones who Moseley gave the DDD to start out the season with? Who had the best car of all for the most recent half season, even with same setback as Ferrari and McLaren (not having car designed for DDD)? What team would have Kimi driving with his best friend in F1? What team's culture best fits Raikkonen's "style"?

This is about Red Bull and Raikkonen realizing that he needs to be at Red Bull as soon as possible. Unfortunately, unlike Raikkonen who didn't want to make a team keep him if they'd expressed that they didn't want to, Webber declined contract buyout. So that means Raikkonen has to either get paid a small amount by Santander and drive for McLaren for one year, or get a huge amount of money from Santander and just go straight to Red Bull when Webber's contract was up.

The reason Raikkonen isn't driving at McLaren next year is that he wants to drive for Red Bull but no arrangement where he'd only commit to McLaren for one year worked out.

Watch him drive either a Red Bull Citroen or a "Red Bull Rallye" (Skoda) team car 2010.

And yet still Lewis outscored Vettel by a big margin in the 2nd half of the season. That's just a testament how good Ferrari and Mclaren simply are compared to the other teams. Red Bull was strong this year, but it is only 1 year while Ferrari and Mclaren have been dominating for more than a decade.

But they have Andrian Newey ( former designer of the legendary Williams cars and later Mclaren ) who can make quick cars for them so who knows.

#32 Touti

Touti

• 341 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:52

Maybe I'm dumb or something but I don't understand why Kimi and his manager say that the only option was with McLaren if they wanted a winning car. Unless I've been dreaming for 8 months it's not a McLaren that won the 2009 Championship and with Button going to McLaren there's a seat available now in that winning car...........unless of course Kimi only wants a winning car AND 30 millions a year.

#33 Menace

Menace

• 12,799 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:56

Sources or no sources, Red Bull will remain Kimi's personal sponsor and Kimi will likely do some rally's for them this year. Next year Webber's contract is done, and Kimi will be free to sign next to his best friend in F1 and a neighbor, Vettel.

i understand the overwhelming temptation to bash "GimmieKimi", but I do believe he had this one right all along.

I also believe that Autosport is right and the contract dispute was NOT solely about money so much as it was about the length of the contract (Kimi wanted one year so he can join Red Bull), as well as the PR duties and possibly Mclaren not wanting to release him to do Rally during next year.

Webber fans, fear not. Webber will still have a decent drive in 2011. :kiss:

IMHO, of course.;)

AUTOSPORT understands that there were several stumbling blocks to a deal being completed with McLaren prior to the team finding out that Button was available and interested.

As well as a difference of opinion about wages, Raikkonen and McLaren were believed to not be in agreement about the number of sponsorship appearance days he should do, or about how free he was to do rallies.

With Raikkonen only interested in returning to F1 in a race-winning car, his best option for 2011 would appear to lie with Red Bull Racing - which has a theoretical vacancy for 2011 with Mark Webber currently only contracted until the end of next year.

Although it is not clear what Raikkonen will do next year, it is possible that he will focus his efforts on the World Rally Championship – while he sorts out an F1 return. Red Bull could be involved in his rally plans too.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/80187

Ditto. :up:

Edited by Menace, 18 November 2009 - 00:59.

#34 GimmieKimi

GimmieKimi

• 151 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:56

If he comes to Red Bull, great. But a year in this business is a long time....

A year is not a long time if you are someone like Kimi. The verbal deal was agreed. If you wanna make money go to the odd makers and bet that Kimi returns in 2011. I bet they offer good odds now. Oh yeah and bet that he also wins the WDC in 2011. :cool:

#35 GimmieKimi

GimmieKimi

• 151 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 00:58

Sources or no sources, Red Bull will remain Kimi's personal sponsor and Kimi will likely do some rally's for them this year. Next year Webber's contract is done, and Kimi will be free to sign next to his best friend in F1 and a neighbour, Vettel.

i understand the overwhelming temptation to bash "GimmieKimi", but I do beleive he had this one right all along.

I also believe that Autosport is right and the contract dispute was NOT about money so much as it was about the length of the contract (Kimi wanted one year so he can join Red Bull), as well as the PR duties and possibly Mclaren not wanting to release him to do Rally during next year.

Webber fans, fear not. Webber will still have a decent drive in 2011. :kiss:

IMHO, of course.;)

Thank you! Some one who agrees with me. You are one of the very smart and insightful poster. I dunno why you call yourself 'Menace' though.. :rotfl:

#36 The Jim Clark Five

The Jim Clark Five

• 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:00

Guys, I've been talking to my sauces and they can confirm this.

Posted Image

this proves it!

#37 Menace

Menace

• 12,799 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:01

Posted Image

this proves it!

But, but... that is NOT sauce. :p

#38 The Jim Clark Five

The Jim Clark Five

• 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:03

But, but... that is NOT sauce. :p

have you got a source for that?

I asked my mum and she said its a sauce and she also said that kimi will be driving for Toyota next season. You heard it here first!

Edited by The Jim Clark Five, 18 November 2009 - 01:04.

#39 klover

klover

• 3,862 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:06

Nice theory but why didn't Kimi stay in Ferrari in 2010 and move to Red Bull in 2011? The testing ban will put him in a rather difficult position to adapt to the new rules.

Advertisement

#40 Menace

Menace

• 12,799 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:10

I asked my mum and she said its a sauce and she also said that kimi will be driving for Toyota next season. You heard it here first!

Your mom is wrong about toyota, but could be right about the "sauce". :eek: :lol:

Ketchup started out as a general term for sauce, typically made of mushrooms or fish brine with herbs and spices. Some popular early main ingredients included blueberry, anchovy, oyster, lobster, walnut, kidney bean, cucumber, cranberry, lemon, celery and grape. Mushroom ketchup is still available in some countries, such as the UK, and banana ketchup is popular in the Philippines.

Ketchup is often used with chips (French fries), hamburgers, sandwiches and grilled or fried meat. Ketchup is also used as a base for various sauces.

:stoned:

Edited by Menace, 18 November 2009 - 01:12.

#41 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,472 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:20

Never been a fan of Kimi but I was really looking forward to see him fighting it out with Alonso and Lewis next season.

Edited by Kucki, 18 November 2009 - 01:20.

#42 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 22,918 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:28

OK I'll put the negative case (and I've often put the positive over the years):

It's not impressive that a driver should choose to step out of F1, because he can't be assured of a championship winning car. Alonso went across to Renault, who looked crook when he went there. But he drove and showed that his ability and work ethic and charisma are as strong as ever. Its not impressive at all that he's stepping out of the game - unless the Ferrari payout excludes driving for another team, which I have not heard it does. Perhaps though it says that if he drives for another team, Ferrari will not pay him. But if his contract does not have such exclusions, then KR should be racing in F1 this year. Afterall there are many other teams available. There is now just one other drivers from his country in F1, and that driver has not been overly impressive (perhaps due somewhat to McLaren though).

There are also two Red Bull teams, not just one. If he was serious about RBR, then he'd show his stuff in the other team. One of their very youthful drivers could wait a year, surely.

But his manager says he's not interested unless he has a car capable of being a championship winner. That's what he's had all his career except for his first stint at Sauber. After years of great cars, he won't accept just one year out of a top car? :rolleyes: Get real - having such a car is not an entitlement. Its a gift, that has to be earned and justified.

The probability that RBR will be a championship contender for 2011 is not large either. They are a smaller team than for instance Ferrari and McLaren. They were fast in 2009 due to a rule change. But from a development competitive advantage, they are well behind McLaren and Ferrari. Its quite possible too that MB will increase the resources for their new team, who with Ross Brawn, maybe formidable in 2011.

Kimi's issues border on laziness IMO. He's also used to being paid a huge income - and at Ferrari, Massa who was on a fraction of KR's, eventually seemed quicker than KR, for quite a lot of the time too.

Very poor IMO and I'm not happy he's quit. But then maybe he shouldn't come back - his ego must be much more delicate than all the others in F1 it seems.

#43 Classic Ferrari

Classic Ferrari

• 471 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:33

Anyone else think this is going to end up like Mika's departure?

#44 Brawn BGP 001

Brawn BGP 001

• 5,960 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:40

I do, I think Kimi will prefer the rally environment.

#45 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:40

Hope not, but it's the way it goes... Mind you JV came back. oh. never mind.

#46 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:51

It may be possible that KR will return in 2011 with Red Bull - possible, but nothing more than that.

Many things can happen in a years time, Webber really shining in 2010, even becoming WDC, for a start.

#47 Supersleeper

Supersleeper

• 1,441 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:17

I was right.

According to my source who has very close contacts with Kimi's management. 99.9% going to happen.

Goodbye Webber!!

Kimi isn't driving for Red Bull and Webber isn't gone.
You were wrong twice....but I do admire your self admiration. Good for you. :clap:

#48 Menace

Menace

• 12,799 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:23

Kimi isn't driving for Red Bull and Webber isn't gone.

Correct.

Chances are though, that in late 2010 you will find out that Kimi increases his activity with his Red Bull "personal" sponsorhip, and Webber doesn't get a new Red Bull contract. Then the inevitable will start and the Kimi to Red Bull rumours get stronger and stronger.

#49 GIBF1

GIBF1

• 585 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:25

Correct.

Chances are though, that in late 2010 you will find out that Kimi increases his activity with his Red Bull "personal" sponsorhip, and Webber doesn't get a new Red Bull contract. Then the inevitable will start and the Kimi to Red Bull rumours get stronger and stronger.

And what if and i know it's a big if, Webber wins the championship

There not going to boot Vettel out are they

#50 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:27

The Webber v Vettel performance is of course what will matter. That said if Vettel does the job, he might be enticed to Mercedes anyway...