Photo

Barry Hobkirk Maserarti 250F book

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dretceterini

dretceterini

• 2,991 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 20:36

Quite some years ago, there was t5alk about Barry Hobkirk releasing a magnum opus on the 250F. Does anyone know if this will be ever done, or an e-mail or postal address to contact him. I would still love to see trhis book done, in spite of the fact there is quite a bit available.

Advertisement

#2 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,581 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 21:36

He's a member of this forum - you can PM him:

http://forums.autosp...?showuser=10145

#3 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 22:56

About 20 years ago Barrie and I were planning to do a book together. Then I had an offer from a publisher to do a much lesser book - not nearly as comprehensive as what Barrie and I had in mind. That one went ahead, under my name but with considerable input from Barrie.
After that, other things crowded into my life, and I twas not going to be able to participate in the larger work. But I keep encouraging him to go ahead on his own...

#4 HDonaldCapps

HDonaldCapps

• 2,482 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 18:51

Having benefited from Barrie's knowledge, I can only begin to have my mind boggle more than a bit if Barrie were to place only a fraction of his photos into a book on the beloved 250F.

By the way, David is much too modest about his book on the 250F. I continue to enjoy reading it and seem to always find something in it that makes me ponder about something.....

HDC