Photo

The best of Schumacher M performances-the story so far

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#1 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 13:35

With Michael coming back, I thought with the winter months and the long wait til Bahrain still and the testing ban, we got nothing til testing begins in Feb.

A good time to look back, I'll start off with this Schumacher friday qualifying performance lap at A1 Ring. I thought Michael was exceptional on this last a1 ring race, short track, but he was really on it this weekend, this save was not even on pole day, but still a super lap, so many times with Michael, you think a fast lap is lost when he might of overcooked a corner, but with Michael, sometimes carrying so much speed, then saving the car on the exit, it's always great to watch, get a result, and save a possible disaster.

http://www.youtube.c...resh div-r-4-HM

Edited by SeanValen, 25 December 2009 - 13:49.

Advertisement

#2 FlashMaster

FlashMaster

• 1,901 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 14:02

Spain 1996 in 11 parts http://www.youtube.c.../TRRacingF1#p/u

:clap:

#3 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 16:13

Look at this, how on earth could he push that Ferrari like that?

#4 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 16:15

Suzuka 2000:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#5 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 16:23

Brutal and beautiful:

1'32.484

#6 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 16:26

How he caught both McLarens off guard in the 1998 Argentinian Grand Prix!

#7 mistergagaX

mistergagaX

• 95 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 16:42

Suzuka 2000:

yeah that race was voted as Schumacher's BEST EVER RACE PERFORMANCE >HIS BEST WIN EVER !

I still remember back in 98 watching that GP, my god it was u-n-b-e-l-i-v-a-b-l-e .... Murray Walker the comentator was freakin out big time !

MS was doing blitz qualifying laps , lap after lap , bang bang bang. You get goosebumps just watching it again .

Also, I remember how Coulthard and Mika were totally in shock after the race . Their faces and body language during the post press conference said it all !

Go Michael Schumacher ! Go Mercedes GP Petronas F1 team !

Ferrari who ?? :wave:

#8 mistergagaX

mistergagaX

• 95 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 16:45

yeah that race was voted as Schumacher's BEST EVER RACE PERFORMANCE >HIS BEST WIN EVER !

I still remember back in 98 watching that GP, my god it was u-n-b-e-l-i-v-a-b-l-e .... Murray Walker the comentator was freakin out big time !

MS was doing blitz qualifying laps , lap after lap , bang bang bang. You get goosebumps just watching it again .

Also, I remember how Coulthard and Mika were totally in shock after the race . Their faces and body language during the post press conference said it all !

damn ! I quoted the wrong race ! I meant the hungaroring GP of 98 :

sorry :well:

#9 raceday

raceday

• 1,756 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 17:00

this is one of my favourites

I think spain 95 (or was it 94?) when he got stuck in 5th gear and still managed to finish 2nd.

I actually think brasil 94 was fantastic too. MS and Senna was on a completely unreal pace. Look at where their teammates were... It was unbelivabale the way they were pushing, until Senna spun. I was a Senna fan then and for me that was the same as when Alonso overtook MS at Suzuka around the outside 05 (ie it's a new younger kid that is gonna beat the old king, it's just a matter of time)

it was also something magic about how he came back at Sepang 99 and just dominated the field and arranged the win for Irvine.

Edited by raceday, 25 December 2009 - 17:00.

#10 Jolkins

Jolkins

• 65 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 17:03

Yeah, Michael has quite a few amazing drives... I have made just short highlight clip with videos from his days in Ferrari.

#11 BuonoBruttoCattivo

BuonoBruttoCattivo

• 4,430 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 17:11

Valen you gibbon...what's with the avatar. :confused: :mad:

#12 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 17:16

Here was the clip from Argentina in 1998:

#13 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 17:19

How to manage an outlap, just look how brutal he was through Abbey...

#14 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 17:24

Under the greatest pressure of his career Schumacher responded with a faultless pole lap at Monza back in 2003!

#15 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 521 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 17:27

How about the amazing debut in the beautiful 7Up Jordan at Spa and putting it so high up the grid? The fact that he was taken away at Monza and placed at Bennetton robbed the fans of the meaty possibility of seeing MS do the job properly at another of the great tracks. I still believe that he would have done some amazing things with the 191 and don`t disagree that he did some amazing later - one memory for me is when he hit the back of DC in the wet race at Spa and set one of the fastest laps of the race that day on his in-lap on three wheels! Looking forward to him being matched up with Ross, Norbert & Mercedes again with a certain Mr Senna on the grid next year aswell.....

#16 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 17:29

Wasn't MS running a very high downforce levels which was suitable for the wet at Suzuka 2000? I remember MS was able to take much shorter lines than Mika in fast corners so his Ferrari was more suitable under the wet conditions.

One of the most impressive races of MS for me was the race at France ... can't remember the year. He was fighting Alonso really hard but he couldn't get passed. So Brawn decided to put him on a 4 stop strategy and he won :lol: Obviously Ferrari was the class of the field back then but still an amazing tactical win.

Edited by Simon Says, 25 December 2009 - 17:30.

#17 paulogman

paulogman

• 2,642 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 17:32

1996 spa. beating the far superior williams in that piece of junk barnard f310

#18 Jan.W

Jan.W

• 169 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 17:45

Agressive and astonishing 2003 melbourne pole from multiple angle :

#19 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 521 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 17:56

With Michael coming back, I thought with the winter months and the long wait til Bahrain still and the testing ban, we got nothing til testing begins in Feb.

A good time to look back, I'll start off with this Schumacher friday qualifying performance lap at A1 Ring. I thought Michael was exceptional on this last a1 ring race, short track, but he was really on it this weekend, this save was not even on pole day, but still a super lap, so many times with Michael, you think a fast lap is lost when he might of overcooked a corner, but with Michael, sometimes carrying so much speed, then saving the car on the exit, it's always great to watch, get a result, and save a possible disaster.

http://www.youtube.c...resh div-r-4-HM

Must have been watching some old Keke Rosberg videos before that lap. Strange though having looked through some of the following selections, a lot of them seem to be qualifying laps whilst on track alone.... all very ballsy stuff but not wheel to wheel action. Did MS ever do a John Watson and win a race from the back row of the grid - that would be a performance. He may have to do that in 2010!!

Advertisement

#20 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 18:15

At Spa in 1995 he won from 16:th  ;)

#21 GerardF1

GerardF1

• 693 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 18:26

These the ones that best define his career

#22 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 18:34

not all of his 'best' were honourable.

best block
Posted Image
looking for a good place to park!

the overhead video angle says it all

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 12 February 2013 - 02:26.

#23 aeffle

aeffle

• 66 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 18:55

This two races were also pretty awesome:

Spain 1994:

Nürburgring 1995:

Edited by aeffle, 25 December 2009 - 18:59.

#24 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,283 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 19:00

Hungary 98, indeed.

PS:

best block

Posted Image

the overhead video angle says it all

Oh look!!@! He was a cheatorz wif ze tires 2! He used sliks 2!!1one!

;)

#25 mistergagaX

mistergagaX

• 95 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 19:31

Yeah, Michael has quite a few amazing drives... I have made just short highlight clip with videos from his days in Ferrari.

Beautiful video montage :clap: very moving and very touching indeed thanx :)

#26 mistergagaX

mistergagaX

• 95 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 19:56

check this one out !

1996 , Monaco GP , Schumacher driving his piece of crap Ferrari snatches super pole position over Damon Hill's Williams !

The words used by the commentator were :'' Unbelievable, incredible , blindingly fast '' etc ...

It was Schumacher's 2nd pole in a row beating Hill by over half a second . Hill could'nt believe it as he was watching it from the pit wall ...

Jean Todt was esctatic ...

Classic under-dog Michael Schumacher at his best ! :up: :up: :up:

#27 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,753 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 20:10

DC was only pissed beacause he wasn't allowed to pass Häkkinen as soon as he got problems. Had McLaren reacted sooner, DC would've won the race most likely.
...but that's not to take anything away from Schumacher really, who performed fantastically. I love how he saves it when he's going off at the last corner.

#28 Group B

Group B

• 14,507 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 20:29

Valen you gibbon...what's with the avatar. :confused: :mad:

:lol:
See, take a month or two off and all hell breaks lose :drunk:

#29 Frans

Frans

• 8,753 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 20:31

Jerez 97 comes to mind .... loved his face after his failed kamikazee attack ......

:rotfl:

#30 Nuvol

Nuvol

• 654 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 20:33

I mainly respect Schu for all his driving in Ferrari 96-99. During most of all these season the car wasnt the fastest on the grid but yet he pulled some awesome performances in that years. Monaco ( that q lap was stunning), Spa 96,Monaco 97, Argentina, Hungary 98 or Malaysia 99. His last win at China was also brilliant

Edited by Nuvol, 25 December 2009 - 20:34.

#31 Hippo

Hippo

• 2,378 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 20:55

While he had a lot of good races I'll always remember Monaco 96. That was a real surprise especially since the cameras didn't catch it live.

:wave:

#32 slideways

slideways

• 3,395 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 22:47

Sean welcome back but that post is far to coherent and short! Thanks for the links all.

#33 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 23:29

best block

Posted Image

FAIL - that is Kimi Raikkonen. On slick tyres. On a 2009-spec, instantly recognisable monster front wing Ferrari. :rotfl:

#34 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 6,287 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 23:35

The weekend his mum died. The Schumacher brothers tied up the front row. And Michael won the race, just an amazing perfomance all things considered..

Edited by Craven Morehead, 25 December 2009 - 23:36.

#35 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 23:57

1. Jerez 1997
2. Monaco 2006
3. Adelaide 1994

why, why, why?

As otherwise he is quite a decent chap...

SeanValen, your avatar looks quite dark!

and then, there will be....

It's inevitable Schumacher is going to pull a suspect move on Alonso or Massa at some stage and I'll guarantee you, internecine warfare will break out. :eek:

Edited by aditya-now, 25 December 2009 - 23:59.

#36 Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

• 2,599 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 00:22

For those poor suffering from dyslexia this thread is for the best performances of MS. He had his brainfades too, yes, feel free to open a thread for that too.

#37 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:58

FAIL - that is Kimi Raikkonen. On slick tyres. On a 2009-spec, instantly recognisable monster front wing Ferrari. :rotfl:

you are so right! funny thing is that it is almost impossible to find pictures of schumacher 'parking' at monaco. i will look again.

ps. it is a nice pic of raikkonen's ferrari though.

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 26 December 2009 - 02:00.

#38 GerardF1

GerardF1

• 693 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:52

For those poor suffering from dyslexia this thread is for the best performances of MS. He had his brainfades too, yes, feel free to open a thread for that too.

Brain fade is an occasional off, not the planned activities that have dogged his career.

#39 mclarensmps

mclarensmps

• 8,647 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:48

Hahahahhaa SV's Avatar :D

F1 is full of characters, related and unrelated to the action :)

Advertisement

#40 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:11

I know this is kinda OT, but does anyone have the link to where he and Rubens were so close finishing as a tie but Rubens won?

My memory is hurting me, so I don't know what to type in YT to get the link. Thanks.

#41 Professor Arturo

Professor Arturo

• 240 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 08:02

I know this is kinda OT, but does anyone have the link to where he and Rubens were so close finishing as a tie but Rubens won?

My memory is hurting me, so I don't know what to type in YT to get the link. Thanks.

Its the USA GP of 02 so perhaps type that in.

#42 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:02

1. Jerez 1997
2. Monaco 2006
3. Adelaide 1994

why, why, why?

As otherwise he is quite a decent chap...

I have recently been watching some older F1 from around those times and when you concentrate to look for just the one thing, dirty driving specifically , quite a bit pops up that you never noticed before. Watch the 1997 Spa GP from Shumacher's incar for example and what JV does to MS when JV exits the pits (JV's last stop near the end) and what happens in a few other races then Jerez suddenly doesn't seem so out of character. Then watch JV's calm 'race winners' interveiw after, he knows exactly what the score is.

Theres a lot happening between the drivers on track than we will ever know about.

Oh and that Monaco race showed a bit of skill as well .....

Edited by cheapracer, 26 December 2009 - 09:04.

#43 AvranaKern

AvranaKern

• 6,409 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:32

One of the most impressive races of MS for me was the race at France ... can't remember the year. He was fighting Alonso really hard but he couldn't get passed. So Brawn decided to put him on a 4 stop strategy and he won :lol: Obviously Ferrari was the class of the field back then but still an amazing tactical win.

It's 2004 French GP.

I think 2006 Brazilian GP is quite worth to mention in terms of Schumacher's performance. He managed to get passed Fisichella for 5th on lap 8 after starting 10th on the grid but at that very moment his tyre blew so he dropped down the order. But through the race he managed to pass Fisichella one more time and finished in a brilliant 4th place after passing his predecessor Raikkonen. That was a thrilling race.

Edited by ali.ünal, 26 December 2009 - 09:37.

#44 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 8,584 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:44

I loved this, great emotional clips great music and transitions and colour tone of the video. Everything. When we have some race footage of Schumcher in the Mercedes, I think it would be awesome if you could shorten your original video, finishing with the 'this will be my last monza race' and blasting into new return footage for 2010.

Have you made any others?

#45 Seb S.

Seb S.

• 82 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:01

This clip maked me cry... Beautiful, only one default: it's too short!
Well done !

#46 johnmhinds

johnmhinds

• 7,292 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:29

It's 2004 French GP.

I think 2006 Brazilian GP is quite worth to mention in terms of Schumacher's performance. He managed to get passed Fisichella for 5th on lap 8 after starting 10th on the grid but at that very moment his tyre blew so he dropped down the order. But through the race he managed to pass Fisichella one more time and finished in a brilliant 4th place after passing his predecessor Raikkonen. That was a thrilling race.

That second pass on Fisichella showed just how much he was feared by most of his competitors.

He scared Fisichella right off the track. :p

#47 Frans

Frans

• 8,753 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:38

For those poor suffering from dyslexia this thread is for the best performances of MS.

:rolleyes: Jerez 97 really was my personal best performances of the man, he let me cheer for hours that day, I still have the memories of the teers I had from joy!!! And the Booze that night, oh-lala ... but realy, ... you may differ with your own best performance ya know, a race-win or whatever.... but being the best does nothing have to do with winning, winning in F1 has many more un-race related factors. you don't HAVE to be the best in F1 to win. Now then, what is it what makes all you belloved MSchumi the BEST when HE wins? What arrogance is this?

#48 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,283 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 13:57

but being the best does nothing have to do with winning, winning in F1 has many more un-race related factors. you don't HAVE to be the best in F1 to win.

Quite indeed! Many other drivers won races, even championships and they are nowhere near the "best". Now, for those poor suffering from dyslexia this thread is for the best performances of MS! Not best driver ever. Feel free to start another thread about that.;)

#49 Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

• 2,599 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 14:09

Quite indeed! Many other drivers won races, even championships and they are nowhere near the "best". Now, for those poor suffering from dyslexia this thread is for the best performances of MS! Not best driver ever. Feel free to start another thread about that.;)

Those poor really need some help:

1. best

2. performance

#50 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 14:34

:rolleyes: Jerez 97 really was my personal best performances of the man, he let me cheer for hours that day, I still have the memories of the teers I had from joy!!! And the Booze that night, oh-lala ... but realy,

I can understand your feeling, as Years and Years of Domination and Winning race after race by someone you hate ...... I could only imagine how much Booza and tears you would have taken during the Schumacher Domination Era :rotfl: :rotfl:
And your obsession with MS is really sickening.

... you may differ with your own best performance ya know, a race-win or whatever.... but being the best does nothing have to do with winning, winning in F1 has many more un-race related factors. you don't HAVE to be the best in F1 to win. Now then, what is it what makes all you belloved MSchumi the BEST when HE wins? What arrogance is this?

Thats why no other drivers who won many races and WDCs are not the Best Ever
Its only Schumy and Schumy :clap:

Edited by ________, 26 December 2009 - 15:56.