Photo

Caption Time 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7780 replies to this topic

#5651 R2D2

R2D2

• 780 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 18:43

"Right, Mark. Mark... is... faster... than... you... Can you confirm you understand that message?"

Advertisement

#5652 goat0063

goat0063

• 279 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 21:16

Posted Image

:up: Genius. :rotfl: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#5653 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,500 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 23:42

I'm not sure there's anything left of the dead horse with all this beating.

oh yes there is!

Posted Image

#5654 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,146 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 00:35

/Whitmarsh voice on

"Listen Ted [Kravitz], we are firmly convinced that those photos are illegal, because there just is no way to make a photo of Mark Webber without photo of Mark Webber. Anyway I think that there are some very clever people at RedBull and they may have found a way around this but we don't understand it and we would like to understand it. Still we are not going to file a official complaint to the FIA because we think that you shouldn't do that.

["Thank you Martin]

No, no, just let me say one more thing. We believe that there are rules that can be interpreted in a few different ways but we think that these photos are against the very spirit of the rules and are as such illegal.

[But you will not protest to the FIA]

No, we will not, because we think that there is nothing wrong, we just don't understand it.

/Whitmarsh voice off

JH- So Eddie what do you think?
EJ- I think it is wrong and should be banned!
JH- And David what do you think?
DC- Well I think we should ask Christian here.
CH- Yes and?
DC- What do you think about the pictures on the Atlas bulletin board circulating around?
CH- I don't know what you mean.
EJ- He means the one's contravening rule 65891.2. Basically you can't give mandzipop nightmares with pictures of Mark Webber.
CH- I don't think you'll find that we have done anything wrong.
JH- So do you think they might give her nightmares?
CH- You'll have to check with the regulations on that. I am fully confident that Red Bull Racing have not violated that rule and the tests. I think you'll find that all photo's are in full compliance with article 65891.2.
JH- Over to you Ted, you've been up and down the pitlane, what have you heard.

TK- Thanks Jake, I have been up and down the paddock, and it is intersting to see what the team principles have had to say on the matter. Firstly I spoke to Stefano Domenicali. This is what he had to say.

SD- Well, for sure, it is not a nice situation for mandzipop to be in. If she has nightmares because of the situation, the maybe the FIA should look into this. I don't want to get into this too deep as it does not involve our drivers. All I am concerned with is that all drivers should be considered equal.

TK- I also spoke to Ross Brawn ealier. So Ross, what do you think of the Mark Webber pictures on the Atlas bulletin board?
RB- Umm, well, it isn't really anything to do with our team. You need to ask them. But I can see where mandzipop is coming from. Some of those pictures do need to be lookked at by the FIA. The situation is that article 65891.2 can be breached. However, there is no way of establishing any scenario. Also technology has moved on since it was introduced. Maybe the rules need looked at again.

TK- Back to you Jake.

JH- Thanks Ted. Lee Mckenzie is now discussing it with the drivers.

LM- So Fernando, that was a tough old race. Did you expect to see Mark having problems overtaking you?
FA- Well no. I certainly didn't expect Matk to be so quick in my mirrors, but I felt I managed the situation very well.
LM- And what do you think about the Mark pictures on the Atlas bulletin board?
FA- Well, that is not for me to say.

Lee speaks to Vettel

LM- Well Sebastian, a good race, how did it feel?
SV- The car felt good, and we got the best result for the team.
LM- So what do you think about the rumours about Red Bull breaking article 65891.2?
SV- I'm not sure which rule you are talking about.
LM- The one about disturbing mandzipops sleep.
SV- Ah that rule. Well I can't comment as I haven't seen the pictures yet.
LM- So how do you feel about these pictures?
SV- As I say, I don't know as I haven't seen the pictures yet.

Lee interviews Mark Webber

LM- So Mark, how was the race for you?
MW- It wasn't bad, it wasn't good, but it could have been better.
LM- So what went wrong?
MW- Well Fernando got me at the first corner, and there wasn't much I could do from there.
LM- And what about the contraversy with picures affecting mandzipops sleep?
MW- Well its not for me to say, but I know these things happen. There are always people that break rules, none of us are angels. But there are some rules you have to stick with.
LM- So you think th FIA should look into this?
MW- Most definately.
LM- Thanks Mark. Back to you Jake.

JH- Thanks Lee, well it looks like we'll have to wait until the world motorsports council decides. Anyway, back to the race itself...

Edited by Mandzipop, 08 August 2010 - 00:38.

#5655 forsureS

forsureS

• 63 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:35

CH- Yes and?
DC- What do you think about the pictures on the Atlas bulletin board circulating around?
EJ- He means the one's contravening rule 65891.2. Basically you can't give mandzipop nightmares with pictures of Mark Webber.
CH- You'll have to check with the regulations on that. I am fully confident that Red Bull Racing have not violated that rule and the tests. I think you'll find that all photo's are in full compliance with article 65891.2.

TK- Thanks Jake, I have been up and down the paddock, and it is intersting to see what the team principles have had to say on the matter. Firstly I spoke to Stefano Domenicali. This is what he had to say.

SD- Well, for sure, it is not a nice situation for mandzipop to be in. If she has nightmares because of the situation, the maybe the FIA should look into this. I don't want to get into this too deep as it does not involve our drivers. All I am concerned with is that all drivers should be considered equal.

TK- I also spoke to Ross Brawn ealier. So Ross, what do you think of the Mark Webber pictures on the Atlas bulletin board?
RB- Umm, well, it isn't really anything to do with our team. You need to ask them. But I can see where mandzipop is coming from. Some of those pictures do need to be lookked at by the FIA. The situation is that article 65891.2 can be breached. However, there is no way of establishing any scenario. Also technology has moved on since it was introduced. Maybe the rules need looked at again.

TK- Back to you Jake.

LM- So Fernando, that was a tough old race. Did you expect to see Mark having problems overtaking you?
FA- Well no. I certainly didn't expect Matk to be so quick in my mirrors, but I felt I managed the situation very well.

Lee speaks to Vettel

LM- So what do you think about the rumours about Red Bull breaking article 65891.2?

LM- So what went wrong?
MW- Well Fernando got me at the first corner, and there wasn't much I could do from there.
MW- Well its not for me to say, but I know these things happen. There are always people that break rules, none of us are angels. But there are some rules you have to stick with.
MW- Most definately.

JH- Thanks Lee, well it looks like we'll have to wait until the world motorsports council decides. Anyway, back to the race itself...

Woah you've got too much time on your hands! :p

Otherwise, :up:

#5656 Ashitank

Ashitank

• 394 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 21:28

CH- Yes and?

TK- Back to you Jake.

Lee speaks to Vettel

LM- So what went wrong?
MW- Most definately.

:clap: :drunk: :stoned:

#5657 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,146 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 22:48

:clap: :drunk: :stoned:

Do you want me to do the Mclaren drivers? They had an opinion too.

#5658 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,500 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 22:58

yes please

#5659 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 23:12

Great job, Mandzipop! :lol: :p

I could hear the different accents in my head as I was reading.
Top marks!!

Or should that be:
Posted Image<<<<<< ...top Marks??
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edit:Got your name wrong.

Edited by gm914, 08 August 2010 - 23:14.

Advertisement

#5660 superstring

superstring

• 301 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 00:30

Brilliant, Mandz, go for it! :) :wave:

#5661 R2D2

R2D2

• 780 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 13:12

Posted Image
"See! This is what happens when you let the front wing flex too much, Adrian!"

#5662 R2D2

R2D2

• 780 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 13:35

Red Bull reveal 2011 lineup, and confirm there will be no favouritism in who gets new parts first.

Posted Image

#5663 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,658 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 16:18

Posted Image

#5664 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 16:35

Posted Image

:lol: :up:

#5665 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,752 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 16:35

Red Bull reveal 2011 lineup, and confirm there will be no favouritism in who gets new parts first.

Posted Image

:up:

#5666 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 16:52

Posts deleted.

This forum and thread can be viewed by minors and we will not tolerate images and language of a sexual nature, so please do not post them. Please also avoid personal attacks and discussing each other.

Remember that most of these images are subject to copyright. This thread is only very loosely tolerated because parody is looked upon slightly less stringently from the perspective of copyright infringement, so if you want to avoid the thread being closed you should be careful to ensure you stay well within the house rules. You can help to make sure we don't close it by reporting any posts which are inappropriate.

If you have any doubts about whether an image might be appropriate then it is probably best that you avoid posting it or even linking to it here. Alternatively, PM one of us and we will let you know.

#5667 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,146 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 18:15

JH- I’ve just been reading through some of your emails. Thanks for emailing the forum, by the way. We’ve had a number of emails in relation to the Mark Webber pictures. They’ve been asking why there have been no official protests being made. Martin, what is your take on this?

MB- Well, I don’t think that an “official protest” will be made, but I would expect some teams to ask for some formal clarification from the FIA stewards. Don’t think they can do much. They’ll probably refer it to the World Motorsports Council. They might feel a bit hard done by as it could include their drivers having Marks face photoshopped on one of their drivers. But frankly, the evolution of man to Mark is really nothing to do with them.

EJ- I think it should be banned, it isn’t sporting and it is damned well unfair!

JH- Cheers Martin, and Eddie I think we already know your opinion. Oh and I think Lee McKenzie has been talking to the Mclaren drivers on the race and this problem. Lee?

LM- I have and they had some very interesting views on that and the race.

Lee talking to Jenson

LM- Jenson, how was it for you out there today?
JB- What can I say?
LM- You had a pretty poor start...
JB- I know, I was on the dirty side of the grid, and for sure it just all went wrong at the start. It didn’t help that I started a bit far back in quali, but yesterday I just couldn’t find the grip. Lost what, 4 or 5 places, I dunno. But the strategy was good and it played out pretty well in the end. The primes suited me in the second half of the race, and that’s how I made it up. Bagged some good points and that is the main thing. Still in the championship fight, but those Red Bulls and Ferrari’s were just too quick today.
LM- Speaking of the Red Bulls, have you heard about the possible breach of rule 65891.2?
JB- I have heard something about this. Is it about the photoshopped pictures of Mark?
LM- That’s the one. Have you an opinion? A few others up and down the paddock have mentioned referring it to the FIA.
JB- Umm, well I think they have a fair point. I wouldn’t like Marks face photoshopped over mine.
LM- What do you think the FIA can do about it?
JB- I dunno, we’ll see.
LM- Thanks Jenson.
JB- Cheers. Seeya

Lee talking to Lewis

LM- Just tell us about your race.
LH- Man it was mental out there today. I seriously did not think I was going to make it out of turn 2. I thought that the car had been clipped out of turn 1, but it was ok. Then it was try and push as hard as I could to keep up with the Red Bulls and the Ferrari’s.
LM- Your race pace didn’t seem too bad though.
LH- The race pace of the car is ok, it felt good, I just kept pushing and pushing. But there is only so much you can get outta the car ye know. We just need more down force to keep up with those Red Bulls. They're just so damned fast.
LM- And what is your take on the Red Bull photoshopping situation?
LH- I know I’ve heard about it, its like that’s bad. Like some of them are seriously funny, but what can I say? I know its all a bit of fun, but if it breaks the rules then it needs to be looked at by the FIA. If it is causing nightmares, and man I wouldn’t be wanting to have those nightmares either.
LM- Well I’ll let you get off now.
LH- Thanks a lot, bye.

LM- Back to you Jake.

#5668 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:55

If only Webber is reading this......... :up:

+1

:rotfl:

#5669 zoombie

zoombie

• 451 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:58

Someone should print them out and get Webber to sign them. Don't forget the Horner pic too.

#5670 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:02

Haha, I'm going to go threw this entire thread now if all the pictures are this funny as those of Webber. I was laughing all the time about the Webber pics :lol:

Edited by Simon Says, 10 August 2010 - 07:03.

#5671 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 2,014 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:14

Maybe if we all send the link to his Twitter :p

#5672 zoombie

zoombie

• 451 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:21

Maybe if we all send the link to his Twitter :p

ohh do that!!! i dont have twitter so i cant but all that do please do that...the more the better...

#5673 Jedi_F1

Jedi_F1

• 747 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 18:35

Posted Image

#5674 FlatOverCrest

FlatOverCrest

• 2,823 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 19:16

I think it's safe to say we can create a new phrase for the Mark Webber head and the photoshopping thereof....

'WEBBERISED' - Definition: The placing of a manic Mark Webber head onto another image to turn person in said picture into a 'Webberised' clone. It is believed that this process found it's origins in Borg like culture and is often objected to by extremely straight faced individuals lacking the 'fun' gene. While anyone can be 'Webberised' it is believed that it will be a passing fad and the next happy target in the illustrious Autosport Forum, Racing Comments, Caption Time 2010 thread, will get the approprate treatment.

Thank you and good night.

#5675 Bouncing Pink Ball

Bouncing Pink Ball

• 758 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 19:31

I didn't know we were doing photochops in this thread now! I wanna play too!

Sad I missed the Webberhead saga. :cry:

#5676 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,807 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 20:09

Posted Image

my second home :up: :up: :up:

#5677 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 20:25

I didn't know we were doing photochops in this thread now! I wanna play too!

Sad I missed the Webberhead saga. :cry:

Posted Image

#5678 peroa

peroa

• 10,783 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:05

Huh? Horny Horner on vacation in Croatia with Bernard? Interesting ...
Posted Image

More pics ...

#5679 bauss

bauss

• 5,067 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:07

Posted Image

More pics ...

wtf @ Horner :rotfl:

Advertisement

#5680 peroa

peroa

• 10,783 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:10

He's hungry, looking at the bread in the bag.

#5681 bogi

bogi

• 4,105 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:19

Posted Image

tshirt edit

#5682 phil1993

phil1993

• 1,933 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:23

Posted Image

'THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP Ooooh someone replied to the topic'

#5683 FlatOverCrest

FlatOverCrest

• 2,823 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:54

Posted Image

CH thinking to himself: "I should have known there was a catch to Bernie inviting me away...He gets the hot chick.. ad I get to play double date with her frumpy Mum....oh well... just think Christian....your taking one for the team!!"

#5684 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,716 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:34

Posted Image
Bernie: Christian! Do you see those facilities over there? Don't they look familiar? Are we in the Interlagos paddock?
Christian: I'm fairly certain that's just an outhouse, Bernie. We're still in Croatia.
Bernie: No, I'm sure of it! How did we get in Brazil? Christian, why are the girls laughing at me?
Christian (to himself): I need to make some new friends...

Edited by UPRC, 11 August 2010 - 09:36.

#5685 sawyer_si

sawyer_si

• 347 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:53

Posted Image

More pics ...

CH: I wonder if she can flex as good as our front wing... Hope Bernie won't notice this flex either

#5686 prty

prty

• 8,439 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:22

Posted Image

#5687 FlatOverCrest

FlatOverCrest

• 2,823 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:27

Posted Image

Er... who are they?

EDIT - That's not Massa is it?

Edited by FlatOverCrest, 11 August 2010 - 12:27.

#5688 noshpit

noshpit

• 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:28

Er... who are they?

i think it vaguely looks like a dodgy version of a massa look a like but even that is stretching it abit

#5689 prty

prty

• 8,439 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:34

I found it in another forum, it looks like it's a very old picture of Massa and his wife.

#5690 rko281

rko281

• 698 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:34

Er... who are they?

The woman definitely looks like Massa's wife.

#5691 patgaw

patgaw

• 506 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:41

and everyone in Raikkonen's cap :D

#5692 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,375 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:56

Posted Image

:rotfl:

#5693 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:58

Can't recognize him without his famous face.

#5694 sawyer_si

sawyer_si

• 347 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 13:06

There you go :p
Posted Image

#5695 sushantf1

sushantf1

• 258 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 13:54

There you go :p
Posted Image

Wrong photoshop You should put Mark's face replacing horners

#5696 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,658 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 13:58

Um no, he had to replace the old gala's face at all costs! :lol:

#5697 sawyer_si

sawyer_si

• 347 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 13:59

Wrong photoshop You should put Mark's face replacing horners

I've tried but it didn't look as good as this. The whole point of this photo is Horner staring at "bread" :)

#5698 sushantf1

sushantf1

• 258 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 14:01

I've tried but it didn't look as good as this. The whole point of this photo is Horner staring at "bread" :)

Maybe girl's face with Mark"s ;)

#5699 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,192 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 14:41

Posted Image

Lmao at bernie with the abercrombie and fitch shirt. Does he think he is in high school or something!

Advertisement

#5700 Roni

Roni

• 316 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 14:46

Lmao at bernie with the abercrombie and fitch shirt. Does he think he is in high school or something!

Well... He is still young.