Photo

Sebastian Vettel (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9757 replies to this topic

#201 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:19

Vettel a voice in the new GT5 - just a highlight of what looks like what is gonna be the wickedest yet. Bring on November. I saw a trailer link, I'll have to see if I can find it.

Advertisement

#202 klyster

klyster

• 5,738 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:00

Here you go ;) Video

Shame it's just replay video, not actual gameplay though.....I've been hanging for some HQ gameplay vids.

Edited by klyster, 17 June 2010 - 05:01.

#203 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:20

yup me too.

#204 F1EC

F1EC

• 913 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:03

"It's hard to tell exactly what part the Formula One guru will play in the game, and our imaginations are running wild as a result"

Petal's a "guru" now?? :confused:

Someone there needs to look up the definition of the word :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#205 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 15:32

In the sense that Link is the guru of time...should be cool. But it looks wicked beyond all that I must admit.

On another note, we have more questions answered this weekend with the updates. Hopefully Vet's real car responds well. It would be cool to see him have free races for a while.

#206 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:14

WICKED RACE @ VET!! Rockin' Valencia for the win. W00t!

#207 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:41

Excellent job by Vettel taking pole and then controlling the pace all the way for the win. Domination.

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 29 June 2010 - 00:11.

#208 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 15:02

I am late to the party, but Valencia was a good race for him, and placed him back to contention for the top spot.

#209 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:42

Sebastian Vettel is under contract until 2012 with Red Bull Racing, but there is speculation in Germany that the Austrian-owned team is now working on a deal to keep Vettel with the team for at least another three seasons, until the end of 2015. The word is that such an extension would bring Vettel a salary which will increase each year from around $18 million in 2013, $20 million in 2014 and $22 million in 2015, bringing him a combined total of $60 million.

Link

#210 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 00:52

Very few outside of RBR team really appreciate consistency with which Sebastian draws fast laps in dying seconds in qualifying from race to race. It remains me of Michael Schumacher, who used to keep us holding breath until the very few last seconds. Good car is a one thing, but draw most out of it on consistent basis is something else. Maybe this is the zone in which good drivers are separated from those exceptional ones. I am uncertain if he has reached top rating as yet, but he is close, and I do hope he shall find his comfort zone soon. I don't mean to say he is a second Michael Schumacher in making, but surely he has earned right to compete on equal terms with likes Hamilton and Alonso. Hamilton after all had earned his WDC under dubious circumstances, whereas Alonso was more reassuring, and he should be Seb's target to beat. It's going to be an interesting second half of the season.

#211 stonebutter

stonebutter

• 697 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:04

Very few outside of RBR team really appreciate consistency with which Sebastian draws fast laps in dying seconds in qualifying from race to race. It remains me of Michael Schumacher, who used to keep us holding breath until the very few last seconds. Good car is a one thing, but draw most out of it on consistent basis is something else. Maybe this is the zone in which good drivers are separated from those exceptional ones. I am uncertain if he has reached top rating as yet, but he is close, and I do hope he shall find his comfort zone soon. I don't mean to say he is a second Michael Schumacher in making, but surely he has earned right to compete on equal terms with likes Hamilton and Alonso. Hamilton after all had earned his WDC under dubious circumstances, whereas Alonso was more reassuring, and he should be Seb's target to beat. It's going to be an interesting second half of the season.

Wow...just wow. What's impressive about having far and away the best car on the grid being shamelessly favored over your teammate and not even being first or second in the drivers championship with those huge advantages? Nothing I'd say.

#212 Vhatever

Vhatever

• 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:20

Wow...just wow. What's impressive about having far and away the best car on the grid being shamelessly favored over your teammate and not even being first or second in the drivers championship with those huge advantages? Nothing I'd say.

RBR doesn't have "far and away" the best car, or both Webber and Vettel would be far and away ahead of Button and Hamilton. They have the best car for one lap speed, and that's where it ends, and that's only on certain tracks-- though the majority of them. I think every car Newey touches is fast as hell but fragile as fine china. There is no proof Vettel is "shamelessly" favored any more so than the leading points driver for any team in the past.

#213 ashnathan

ashnathan

• 5,018 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:24

I might like him more if he'd put that bloody finger down, he isn't number 1 he isn't anything..then again, i probably wouldn't like him any more if he did stop, id probably just dislike him a little less.

#214 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 17:33

I think that Sebastian should launch negotiations with Ferrari for 2011, switching with Massa. In his place I would consider leaving RBR.

Edited by Sakae, 11 July 2010 - 19:26.

#215 Gridfire

Gridfire

• 887 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 16:17

Did anyone see the Vettel interview straight after the race in which he talked about his racing through the field? He said (I can't find a quote anywhere) something along the lines of "I hope I was entertaining, I heard some cheering, but maybe there was a McLaren near me and the cheering was for them".

I'd like to think the British fans present were indeed cheering Vettel, and I'd hate to think that a talented German driver would seriously think otherwise! He may be a primary competitor to the English drivers, but good driving is good driving, and deserves cheering on.

#216 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 16:24

I wonder who are his advisors. Time has come that he could use some smart PR, money management, and a supporting team like medical, physio, diet, etc.

#217 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 20:48

Did anyone see the Vettel interview straight after the race in which he talked about his racing through the field? He said (I can't find a quote anywhere) something along the lines of "I hope I was entertaining, I heard some cheering, but maybe there was a McLaren near me and the cheering was for them".

I'd like to think the British fans present were indeed cheering Vettel, and I'd hate to think that a talented German driver would seriously think otherwise! He may be a primary competitor to the English drivers, but good driving is good driving, and deserves cheering on.

Agreed. A post in the Alonso Go Home thread says he was indeed cheered :up: .

#218 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,146 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 21:37

Agreed. A post in the Alonso Go Home thread says he was indeed cheered :up: .

It was my post. And she said every time he passed someone there was a cheer. She said it was because he provided so much entertainment in the race, the fans were willing him on just to see how far he could get up the grid. She is a Mclaren fan, but it was Vettel she was cheering for. She goes to Silverstone every year and said it was the best race she'd ever been to, and Vettel was the one who made it that little bit better.

Contrary to popular belief, just because he is not the most popular driver on a lot of forums, he is very popular with a lot of the British public (I'm only basing that on the people I know that follow F1).

#219 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 21:44

It was my post. And she said every time he passed someone there was a cheer. She said it was because he provided so much entertainment in the race, the fans were willing him on just to see how far he could get up the grid. She is a Mclaren fan, but it was Vettel she was cheering for. She goes to Silverstone every year and said it was the best race she'd ever been to, and Vettel was the one who made it that little bit better.

Contrary to popular belief, just because he is not the most popular driver on a lot of forums, he is very popular with a lot of the British public (I'm only basing that on the people I know that follow F1).

Good to hear. Though personally I was cursing the SC that brought him back into it :lol: .

AFAIC it's Sebi vs Lewis for the title.

Advertisement

#220 szym3k

szym3k

• 316 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 21:54

Good to hear. Though personally I was cursing the SC that brought him back into it :lol: .

AFAIC it's Sebi vs Lewis for the title.

Things could quickly change in the next few races, but that would seem like
the most logical pick.

#221 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:51

With resurgence of Ferrari, I think we have five candidates. Sebastian must finish the race, and score some points, to stay in running for WDC crown. Like it or not, pressure is on.

#222 DrF

DrF

• 2,581 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:23

Incredible reslts from someone who has spent so little time in F1. Reminds me more of Raikkonen than MS, actually.

Without the equipment failures he had in the first races he'd be up there with Lewis and Jenson.

This guy is going to go far in F1. I wonder who manages him. Might be worth his while contacting the Robertson Bros.

#223 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 13:36

Congratulation on finishg the race, but, it was Sebastian's fault that he hasn't won it. I am wondering why they didn't learned from Siverstone, that they chop-manouver without traction control doesn't works. My dear fellow was lucky that he has finished the race, because he had hit Alonso. I am one of his big fans, but this was a simple brain fade on his part. I hope it's the last one. Ferrari were fast, and possibly they could beat him in pits stops, but that's speculation. In clear air he could had built better margin, but we will never know.

Next race.

Edited by Sakae, 25 July 2010 - 13:38.

#224 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:07

I don;t think there was a chance of touching, from the onboard there was plenty of room. But it is the second time that Seb bogged it with the clutch, so maybe not brain fade, just over doing it. If he accomplishes what he was going for it would be great, but when it fails, he's sunk. Still it is likely worth perfecting. Good job keeping up after the fact tho, all in all I was not unhappy with the result considering the stuffed start. I agree he may have been able to keep a lead, but it would have been tight, the ferraris were kicking it in this weekend.

#225 WheelBanger304

WheelBanger304

• 357 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:09

Congratulation on finishg the race, but, it was Sebastian's fault that he hasn't won it. I am wondering why they didn't learned from Siverstone, that they chop-manouver without traction control doesn't works. My dear fellow was lucky that he has finished the race, because he had hit Alonso. I am one of his big fans, but this was a simple brain fade on his part. I hope it's the last one. Ferrari were fast, and possibly they could beat him in pits stops, but that's speculation. In clear air he could had built better margin, but we will never know.

Next race.

It's becoming painful watching Vettel on race day now. He seems to have developed some sort of mental block about converting from pole; I can't think of any other way to explain these crazy first corner moves of the past two races. If you don't get an ideal start, take your medicine and move on. He's fortunate he didn't get a puncture or sustain some other damage which would have dropped him down the field. At this stage you would have to say that Vettel is neither good enough nor mentally strong enough to win the championship.

#226 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:29

Your aqnalysis of Vettel has always been thus, and he is allowed to make no errors. Two poor starts of otherwise good ones does not spell doom. He'll likely abandon the new idea and retun to what works if he can"t get it together. But it doesn't sink him into racecraft doom to try. Meanwhile, there are 23 other drivers to watch if it has become hard to watch this kid as he grows into a kick arse competitor. :)

#227 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:35

Next race.

It was a mistake, no big deal. I think the mistake is being made on the start settings in his car. May be he should have a very reliable setting.

May be he would stop celebrating so much after getting the pole! :p He has already curbed his enthusiasm quite a bit after getting poles. He clearly knows now that points are given on Sunday. Anyway, it was a fair result for the car he had. I have been saying since yesterday that Ferrari has been the best car in this circuit. He just did a very good job in qualy to get the pole. Normal things were restored on race day, atleast in his case, let me not get into the two cars that were ahead of him!

#228 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:50

Where did Vettel lose points this season? A short (maybe incomplete) overview (source: sport1.de):

Bahrain, defect spark plug, P1 to P4, lost 13 points
Australia, defect wheel, lost P1 and 25 points
China, bad start, tactical mistakes, P1 to P6, lost 17 points
Spain, brake problems, P2 to P3, lost 3 points
Turkey, crash with Webber, lost P2 and 18 points
Canada, team waits too long to pit him, P1 to P4, lost 13 points (not sure I agree with this one)
GB, bad start + puncture, P1 to P7, lost 19 points
Germany, bad start, P1 to P3, lost 10 points
Hungary, drive through penalty, P1 to P3, lost 10 points
Total: 128 points lost

Only races without problems in the race were Malaysia, Monaco (apart from the chassis?), Europe/Valencia. Problems mainly caused by himself were in Turkey and Hungary and cost him 28 points. Bad starts (where he is only partially to blame because it's mostly automatic) also cost him quite few points. Reliability problems cost him 41 points.

#229 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 17:36

All right so now Sebastian Vettel has joined Fernando Alonso in saying that 'he' will win the Championship this year.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/86334

I know how good we are and I will this year take the title.

This means that I have to take points away from them. I never like someone declaring that they will win. I want to see it happen first and only then I can start congratulating them.

#230 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,772 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 17:41

This is a really good analysis actually and shows you that as fast as the red bull is, it's a pig off the line and that is problem number one ..... not the drivers.

Where did Vettel lose points this season? A short (maybe incomplete) overview (source: sport1.de):

Canada, team waits too long to pit him, P1 to P4, lost 13 points (not sure I agree with this one)

Only races without problems in the race were Malaysia, Monaco (apart from the chassis?), Europe/Valencia. Problems mainly caused by himself were in Turkey and Hungary and cost him 28 points. Bad starts (where he is only partially to blame because it's mostly automatic) also cost him quite few points. Reliability problems cost him 41 points.

#231 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 20:41

What's going on between SV and his PR girl??

#232 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:32

What's going on between SV and his PR girl??

I couldn't even begin to imagine the women that guy would get

#233 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 14:31

I couldn't even begin to imagine the women that guy would get

Have you seen the way him and his PR girl look at each other? ... I suspect he's down to only one woman.

I dont much care about the drivers off track but SV's PR girl is a real distraction so I cant help but notice their interaction.

#234 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 14:54

Have you seen the way him and his PR girl look at each other? ... I suspect he's down to only one woman.

I dont much care about the drivers off track but SV's PR girl is a real distraction so I cant help but notice their interaction.

SV: "Sorry about the crash Jenson. But hey, what do you think of my PR woman? I think she may be the one!"
JB: "Don't do it Seb. Spread the seed."

Edited by goldenboy, 05 September 2010 - 14:55.

#235 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:19

Now 65 points lost due to reliability and 153 total (give or take a few points). This season is a disaster for Vettel.

#236 Jelinski619

Jelinski619

• 545 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:31

iya lads i missed the race today what happened thanks bye

#237 portago

portago

• 210 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:33

Now 65 points lost due to reliability and 153 total (give or take a few points). This season is a disaster for Vettel.

Well, he has got the best car by a mile, which balances matters really....

#238 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:37

Even being more of a Webber fan i feel gutted for Seb. He was in a different league today, fantastic drive. :up:

#239 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:39

That's your opinion, but certainly not mine. The F10 has been a good car as well. The RB6 is very good in qualifying (and so are the drivers) and overall probably the best car, but not by a mile. Even early in the season, they were not dominating in race trim. It doesn't balance out 65 reliability points lost due to reliability (not even including the problems with bad starts).

Advertisement

#240 slideways

slideways

• 3,395 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:39

Bad luck for Seb. Alonso has to miss the podium or retire for him to win now.

#241 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:41

In my mind SV is the honorary WDC, no matter what happens from here.

He's made a few big mistakes but if he loses it, it will down to bad luck.

#242 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:41

That's your opinion, but certainly not mine. The F10 has been a good car as well. The RB6 is very good in qualifying (and so are the drivers) and overall probably the best car, but not by a mile. Even early in the season, they were not dominating in race trim. It doesn't balance out 65 reliability points lost due to reliability (not even including the problems with bad starts).

+1

A dominant car in qualy trim but not in racing.

#243 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,741 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:42

So having the fastest car is a justification for bad luck? Interesting theory.

You wonder what Vettel has to do to get a break. This is becoming an unwelcome theme of his Red Bull career.

#244 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:48

So having the fastest car is a justification for bad luck? Interesting theory.

You wonder what Vettel has to do to get a break. This is becoming an unwelcome theme of his Red Bull career.

Yeah, a bit like the theme of Webber's career at Jaguar & Williams hey sosidge!!  ;) :D

#245 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,741 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:27

Yeah, a bit like the theme of Webber's career at Jaguar & Williams hey sosidge!! ;) :D

I know - all those retirements when he was in the lead :rolleyes: Or was it two retirements from a podium position? You know the stats better than me.

#246 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:34

A driver does not only need to be in a fast car, but also in a reliable car.

The extra speed that the RB6's is giving to Vettel this year is being taken out by his reliability.

#247 topical

topical

• 2,815 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:50

To say Vettel deserves the WDC because he's had bad luck is like saying he doesn't deserve it because he's had the best car. It all comes down to your preference.
If he doesn't like being in a car that breaks down often then he should move to a slower car that is more reliable and see if he can with that way, like Alonso and Hamilton are doing. We'll then see how deserving he really is.

#248 Zava

Zava

• 7,116 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:56

coming from a Hamilton fan (am I right?) means a lot :up:
I totally agree.

#249 zarooch

zarooch

• 600 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 13:53

:cry: for me too :up:

Edited by zarooch, 24 October 2010 - 13:54.

#250 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 12,438 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 15:50

It just hurts so bad seeing Vettel's challenge dying out like that. The reliability he's suffered is just so cruel and it leaves you as a Vettel fan feeling helpless and weak. I'm still keeping the faith that he can win the title but it looks bleak. RBR better get the reliability sorted for next year and the last two races if they fail to win the drivers title they've got to seal the constructors title in Brazil.