Photo

Blocking in Qualy

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 merschu

merschu

• 521 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:26

What's the story behind this pictures? :) :well: (it's schumi & alonso)

http://i39.tinypic.com/fc8x1t.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/n6qlo5.jpg
http://www.daylife.c...hael schumacher

Michael trying to make Fernando understand something?

Edited by merschu, 27 March 2010 - 07:52.

Advertisement

#2 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,658 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:42

Well that last pic is a contest to see who'd blink first I'd say...

#3 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,283 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:27

Of course. :D

Michael: Hey Nando, there're a bunch of threads on Autosport forums that really made my day! You should read those too when you have some time. You'll get a million laughs!
Alonso: Really!? Great I'll check them up later today. Can you email me the links?
Michael: Sure will. And pass the word to the guys as well.
Alonso: Got it. Have to go to the press conference now, but come over by dinner and we'll continue the discussion.
Michael: Ok, laters.

#4 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 5,630 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:15

Michael normaly goes to someone like that when hes not happy about something. I bet we never find out though.

#5 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,146 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:18

Michael normaly goes to someone like that when hes not happy about something. I bet we never find out though.

Schumacher claim Lewis held him up in Q2 and Alonso held him up in Q3. He's been to see Charlie Whiting about it.

#6 soca

soca

• 216 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:18

i think Alonso held him up in his final fast lap and he is talking about it.

#7 airplus

airplus

• 16 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:19

I think he was complaining about this

"Schumacher has been to talk to Charlie Whiting at the FIA after he claimed Lewis got in his way and also Alonso on his final qualifying run"

from Robert Tweet

#8 merschu

merschu

• 521 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:22

i think Alonso held him up in his final fast lap and he is talking about it.

Yup Alonso held him up during his final qualifying lap and Michael went to have a chat with alonso regarding that!

"Schumacher later about the "conversation" with Alonso: "I asked him if he has not told the team on the radio that I come. The fact is so common. He said, 'No,' he have simply seen too late and has the fast racing line, where I was going, so just leave it late ... "

http://translate.goo...y...=auto&tl=en

Edited by merschu, 27 March 2010 - 11:23.

#9 kar

kar

• 10,434 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:26

I dunno Schumi should get over it and focus on beating barbie in the race.

Though it warms my heart that he's starting to agitate. He was in very good form this weekend and whether or not he was hindered in qually, it's clear from his relative performance he's gaining if not surpassing Rosberg.

#10 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,956 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:26

I think he was complaining about this

"Schumacher has been to talk to Charlie Whiting at the FIA after he claimed Lewis got in his way and also Alonso on his final qualifying run"

from Robert Tweet

A bit rich after Rascasse... :wave: Oh well Mikey, take it on the chin eh! :cool: Talk about 7 time champ losing his cool over nothing much at all.

#11 schumaster

schumaster

• 117 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:30

A bit rich after Rascasse... :wave: Oh well Mikey, take it on the chin eh! :cool: Talk about 7 time champ losing his cool over nothing much at all.

He was punished for that

So what if Alonso really held him up? then he should be punished too....

Just because you dont like MS means everything that MS does is wrong....

Let's see if it happens to a driver that you happen to support? you will be screaming for a penalty... :rolleyes:

#12 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,954 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:36

Its extremely hard to put a perfect lap together and then have it destroyed at the very end is something more than frustrating. I have raced very little but I know enough to say that it can really get your blood boiling.
Your sense of logic is also strange. So because of Rascasse he should just let everyone block him as they please? He has no right to say anything anymore? Jeez.

If he really feels he was blocked then its only fair that it should be looked into.

#13 postajegenye

postajegenye

• 1,139 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:36

I was thinking something like that too... After Rascasse, I think he shouldn't complain much about other drivers holding him up :D

#14 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 8,584 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:48

Look at all the drivers waving their fists and gesticulating from the cockpit at being blocked in practice sessions. Practice sessions which have no baring on the race start or result. That is losing your cool and losing it over something minuscule. What Schumacher did was simply approach Alonso (if we are to believe the quote from above) and simply ask him what he was doing and what he had been told by the team that caused him to block Schumacher in an important session. Doesn't look like losing any cool to me, seems quite the opposite.

#15 schumaster

schumaster

• 117 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:54

Its extremely hard to put a perfect lap together and then have it destroyed at the very end is something more than frustrating. I have raced very little but I know enough to say that it can really get your blood boiling.
Your sense of logic is also strange. So because of Rascasse he should just let everyone block him as they please? He has no right to say anything anymore? Jeez.

If he really feels he was blocked then its only fair that it should be looked into.

Exactly my point....So according to some people here, MS sould just shut up and let everyone walk all over him? totally ridiculous... :evil:

I wonder what MS did to make them so bitter? stole their wives, gfs? or perhaps ran over their cats? :confused:

#16 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,956 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:04

Bloody hell, this sort of thing has happened every single qualifying session since the short sessions began years ago. Drivers feel they missed out on a better lap and so on, Michael had a bit of a whinge but at the end of the day it was media blowing it up, he didn't go and have a swing at anyone. He is however old and experienced enough to know the rules of engagement, why go on about it. It's probably a lot friendlier now than when he was around grumbling alongside Coulthard and Rubens and the great complainers. Yes I think Michael is a bit of a poor sport but have always admitted the reality that he is a damn good driver. I am quite entitled to point out the irony of him EVER complaining about having qualifying ruined. Got it? Know what I am referring to? The cap fits?

#17 BRK

BRK

• 5,197 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:17

Ouch,the sight of Alonso's face in that pic is gold.

Cheap tactics,my friend. Won't work with Michael. :lol:

Anyway-pretty happy with the way quali went today,although very frustrated the setup change went the wrong way. Hope for a better race tomorrow.

#18 P123

P123

• 23,959 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:19

There are more cars on the track so getting blocked is just something the drivers will have to deal with. They all had issues at some point. I'm not in favour of them trying to get each other penalised by complaining to the stewards. On occassion drivers have been found to be complaining over nothing. The stewards should stay out of it and leave it up to the drivers to police themselves. What goes around comes around.....

#19 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,595 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:23

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/82459

Advertisement

#20 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:29

why dont you actually read what really happened rather than believe a tweet thats been sensationalised like its a daily mail headline.

#21 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:30

Bloody hell, this sort of thing has happened every single qualifying session since the short sessions began years ago. Drivers feel they missed out on a better lap and so on, Michael had a bit of a whinge but at the end of the day it was media blowing it up, he didn't go and have a swing at anyone. He is however old and experienced enough to know the rules of engagement, why go on about it. It's probably a lot friendlier now than when he was around grumbling alongside Coulthard and Rubens and the great complainers. Yes I think Michael is a bit of a poor sport but have always admitted the reality that he is a damn good driver. I am quite entitled to point out the irony of him EVER complaining about having qualifying ruined. Got it? Know what I am referring to? The cap fits?

Yes and they've usually being dropped 10 grid places.

#22 RodrigoL

RodrigoL

• 1,531 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:35

So what if Alonso really held him up? then he should be punished too....

Alonso escaped punishment after being involved in blackmail, espionage and race fixing scandals. Did anyone really think a little unsporting behavior would do it?

#23 mey3059

mey3059

• 342 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:36

The report says Michael asked Fernando if he knew Michael was on a hot lap .... Rather than the usual pointing fingers ...
Y is that ? ... because he is driving a Ferrari ?

#24 Wingnut

Wingnut

• 717 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:36

There are more cars on the track so getting blocked is just something the drivers will have to deal with. They all had issues at some point. I'm not in favour of them trying to get each other penalised by complaining to the stewards. On occassion drivers have been found to be complaining over nothing. The stewards should stay out of it and leave it up to the drivers to police themselves. What goes around comes around.....

In Q3? Sure there will be issues when there ARE lots of cars on the track in Q1 and Q2.

#25 SirSaltire

SirSaltire

• 781 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:38

If anyone thinks that Alonso even gives a toss about MS complaining, they need to think again. Its just MS trying to puff his chest a bit. :p

#26 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:39

If anyone thinks that Alonso even gives a toss about MS complaining, they need to think again. Its just MS trying to puff his chest a bit. :p

Depends if he has got a point or not. If he was badly blocked then it needs to be investigated otherwise it makes a mockery of all the previous penaltys that were handed out like goodies the last couple of years.

#27 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,753 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:41

The report says Michael asked Fernando if he knew Michael was on a hot lap .... Rather than the usual pointing fingers ...
Y is that ? ... because he is driving a Ferrari ?

Because Schumacher can also be a sensible man, prepared to give his competitors the benefit of the doubt.

#28 SirSaltire

SirSaltire

• 781 posts

Depends if he has got a point or not. If he was badly blocked then it needs to be investigated otherwise it makes a mockery of all the previous penaltys that were handed out like goodies the last couple of years.

Would it not be better for the teams to sort it out behind the scenes? I have always thought it makes the drivers look like whingers when they do it.

#29 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 2,014 posts

To be honest, checking with Fernando to see what the deal was is less "confrontational" than just going to the media and slagging him off.

#30 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:44

another ignorant comment because you didnt read what schumacher actually said.

stop believing everything the media say they are always twisting events for a story that isnt there.

schumacher said it wasnt only him beeing blocked and it wasnt only alonso he also said they probably didnt realise. (how many times have commentators and ex f1 drivers mentioned how useless the rear view mirrors are?)

Edited by arknor, 27 March 2010 - 12:47.

#31 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:47

To be honest, checking with Fernando to see what the deal was is less "confrontational" than just going to the media and slagging him off.

Yep, Schu knows this from his early days when Senna told him how a man should behave instead of crying in front of the media.

#32 bigmikel

bigmikel

• 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:50

Mr Shoemaker is spoiling the F1 for me. I really don't like this guy and the way he behaves. I hope young guys will teach him a good lesson this year.

#33 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 3,066 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:52

Checking with Fernando before he got out of the car surrounded by the media doesn't really give the right impression, we only have Schumachers media sound bite on what was said which seems to differ from what it looked like.

#34 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:53

Would it not be better for the teams to sort it out behind the scenes? I have always thought it makes the drivers look like whingers when they do it.

Makes a mockery of all the 10 place grid drops over the previous years then, change the rules as its ferrari or Alonso?

Nothings going to happen, theres no investigation going on but you don't think the penaltys should be the same for all? I wouldn't be happy with that after my team got hammered time and time again for the smallest infractions.

#35 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:53

Mr Shoemaker is spoiling the F1 for me. I really don't like this guy and the way he behaves. I hope young guys will teach him a good lesson this year.

far be it for me to defend MS, but he's the wronged party in this instance :stoned:

#36 craftverk

craftverk

• 2,810 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:56

Yep, Schu knows this from his early days when Senna told him how a man should behave instead of crying in front of the media.

ironic coming from Senna who used to cry to the media all the time

#37 SirSaltire

SirSaltire

• 781 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:56

another ignorant comment because you didnt read what schumacher actually said.

stop believing everything the media say they are always twisting events for a story that isnt there.

schumacher said it wasnt only him beeing blocked and it wasnt only alonso he also said they probably didnt realise. (how many times have commentators and ex f1 drivers mentioned how useless the rear view mirrors are?)

Of course you are correct - it is pure conjecture on my part but I don't think you were there when he spoke to Alonso. MS always has, and always will, try and stamp his 'authority' at every opportunity. I was only trying to speculate that Alonso would care little.  ;)

#38 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:57

Because Schumacher can also be a sensible man, prepared to give his competitors the benefit of the doubt.

Posted Image

:rotfl:

#39 bigmikel

bigmikel

• 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:00

far be it for me to defend MS, but he's the wronged party in this instance :stoned:

Maybe he is, but I'm talking about his overall career :) I just used the occasion to express myself ;) I didn't miss a single race on telly since he announced his retirement. Will have to rethink my approach because I can't stand him.

Advertisement

#40 DLaw

DLaw

• 1,614 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:01

I think Schumi is frustrated that his much younger teammate is faster and is asking Fernando can he has his seat back.

of whick Fernando LOL.

#41 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:04

Maybe he is, but I'm talking about his overall career :) I just used the occasion to express myself ;) I didn't miss a single race on telly since he announced his retirement. Will have to rethink my approach because I can't stand him.

Don't stand then. Just sit down and close your eyes. :cat:

#42 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:06

I don't know, I was never MS fan, but I don't hold any grudes against him and quite enjoying him competing with all the younger guys in a just above average car, he's not going to win the WDC so bravo to him. For one as a person he gets my respect.

#43 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:07

Schumacher's problem is that he is getting beaten by a driver like Nico. He is venting frustration stemming from his poor performance on everyone else.

#44 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:09

Schumacher's problem is that he is getting beaten by a driver like Nico. He is venting frustration stemming from his poor performance on everyone else.

or...

maybe he was getting blocked...

Has anyone seen the vids.

#45 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:11

I don't know, I was never MS fan, but I don't hold any grudes against him and quite enjoying him competing with all the younger guys in a just above average car, he's not going to win the WDC so bravo to him. For one as a person he gets my respect.

he was called into the weight in during q3 , so he only has half the session , most people are slowing down , doing inlaps etc he is not doesnt leave him much chance to do his best does it.

he raises a good point the sessions arent really long enough now we have so many cars

#46 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:13

He was improving his sector times before aborting the lap.

#47 bigmikel

bigmikel

• 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:14

I think that MS was promised a winning car, hence his return to F1. Only now has he realised that the car is not going to give him easy wins. He may get 'lucky' to get on the podium after pushing others from the track or slicing their tires but I hope he'll be gone for good, next season. You'll see that MS will be the main source of negative emotions in the paddock.

Edited by bigmikel, 27 March 2010 - 13:17.

#48 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,753 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:15

I don't think he's frustrated at all. He's said it's going to be step-by-step for him for a while, and really, IMO, he's closer at this point than I thought he would be. Four-five seconds behind at the flag in Bahrain is what I'd call "matching your team-mate."
Remember that Rosberg in his rookie season was close to Webber, and Webber has always been praised by Schumacher, so I think he knew that he'd be up against an extremely good driver.

#49 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,658 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:17

Ya give MS a chance, it's great to see him have to work hard for results, not have easy wins for a change. Of course he and the teams worked hard for those wins in the first place lol

#50 FlashMaster

FlashMaster

• 1,901 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 13:17

Hopefully someone recorded Sky's "Silberpfeil" onboard channel. I'm quite sure that it was showing MS during the "incident" if there was any

Edited by Buttoneer, 27 March 2010 - 19:24.