Photo

The Top Seven Drivers in 2010 - Midseason, 9 races run

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: The Top Seven Drivers in 2010 - Midseason, 9 races runn (487 member(s) have cast votes)

Please chose the seven drivers that you think have done best so far in 2010. In brackets the positions each driver got in our first poll after four races.

1. Lewis Hamilton (1) (390 votes [13.70%])

Percentage of vote: 13.70%

2. Jenson Button (5) (360 votes [12.64%])

Percentage of vote: 12.64%

3. Sebastian Vettel (4) (258 votes [9.06%])

Percentage of vote: 9.06%

4. Mark Webber (9) (311 votes [10.92%])

Percentage of vote: 10.92%

5. Fernando Alonso (3) (203 votes [7.13%])

Percentage of vote: 7.13%

6. Robert Kubica (2) (399 votes [14.01%])

Percentage of vote: 14.01%

7. Nico Rosberg (6) (226 votes [7.94%])

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

8. Felipe Massa (7) (26 votes [0.91%])

Percentage of vote: 0.91%

9. Michael Schumacher (8) (23 votes [0.81%])

Percentage of vote: 0.81%

10. Adrian Sutil (10) (152 votes [5.34%])

Percentage of vote: 5.34%

11. Rubens Barrichello (13) (69 votes [2.42%])

Percentage of vote: 2.42%

12. Vitantonio Liuzzi (15) (25 votes [0.88%])

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

13. Sebastien Buemi (20) (40 votes [1.40%])

Percentage of vote: 1.40%

14. Kamui Kobayashi (-) (121 votes [4.25%])

Percentage of vote: 4.25%

15. Vitaly Petrov (12) (42 votes [1.48%])

Percentage of vote: 1.48%

16. Jaime Alquersuari (11) (54 votes [1.90%])

Percentage of vote: 1.90%

17. Pedro de la Rosa (-) (11 votes [0.39%])

Percentage of vote: 0.39%

18. Nico Hülkenberg (18) (13 votes [0.46%])

Percentage of vote: 0.46%

19. Heikki Kovalainen (16) (87 votes [3.06%])

Percentage of vote: 3.06%

20. Karun Chandhok (14) (37 votes [1.30%])

Percentage of vote: 1.30%

Which are your favourite three teams?

1. Vodafone McLaren Mercedes (293 votes [22.26%])

Percentage of vote: 22.26%

2. Red Bull Racing - Renault (148 votes [11.25%])

Percentage of vote: 11.25%

3. Ferrari (112 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

4. Mercedes GP (67 votes [5.09%])

Percentage of vote: 5.09%

5. Renault (214 votes [16.26%])

Percentage of vote: 16.26%

6. Force India-Mercedes (93 votes [7.07%])

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

7. Williams-Cosworth (116 votes [8.81%])

Percentage of vote: 8.81%

8. Scuderia Torro Rosso - Ferrari (9 votes [0.68%])

Percentage of vote: 0.68%

9. BMW Sauber-Ferrari (55 votes [4.18%])

Percentage of vote: 4.18%

10. Lotus-Cosworth (153 votes [11.63%])

Percentage of vote: 11.63%

11. HRT-Cosworth (31 votes [2.36%])

Percentage of vote: 2.36%

12. Virgin-Cosworth (25 votes [1.90%])

Percentage of vote: 1.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 14:48

End of June - 9 races have been run - the 2010 season is heating up to become a classic WDC season - the championship is becoming mainly a duel McLaren drivers - Red Bull drivers, with Fernando Alonso still in the mix for Ferrari.

In our last poll in the beginning of April Felipe was still leading the championship, how far has he fallen from grace meanwhile...

Fernando has committed an uncharacteristic number of mistakes. Webber is between sublime inspiration and being blindingly fast, and crashing around like there is no tomorrow. Vettel is weaker than thought in the beginning of the season, but his victory in Valencia could mark his comeback fight for the WDC crown.

Lewis is clearly the favourite now, but Jenson is not far off. On the contrary, who would have expected Button to be so close to Hamilton after nine races?

Robert Kubica is still the pearl of the field, give him a McLaren or Red Bull and, IMHO, he´d be running away with the WDC....

Nico Rosberg has not, against many pundits´opinion, proved to crack under the pressure of one 7 times WDC Michael Schumacher. On the contrary, Michael´s showing needs to be scrutinized carefully at this point. "I am driving to have fun!" is Michael´s mantra. But how long can Mercedes afford him to give PR for all the wrong reasons?

Then we have Rubens Barrichello proving his worth in an uncompetitive Williams. Kamui Kobayashi showing flashes of brilliance like in the last two races of 2009. Adrian Sutil having become a regular member of the Top Ten. Petrov losing ground after having shown true promise in the first races. Jaime Alguersuari not able to make his brilliance consistent.

So who are your Top Seven drivers for 2010 after nine races?
Be aware that this poll is not there to establish a scientifically infallible ranking - it is intended to be a reflection of what the readers of the BB deem to be the seven top drivers - like any other "best driver poll", be it from experts, be it from the fans, it is subjective and there is no way to make such a poll scientifically 100% accurate.

Please chose your favorites and be kind enough to let us know why!

As an addition I have added the teams ranking - who are your three favorite teams so far?

McLaren-Mercedes would be a logical top contender, but then there is Force India-Mercedes having become consistently strong.
Red Bull Racing not as solid as they should be. Ferrari so so. Mercedes GP a genuine surprise, but in a different way than many have expected.
Renault much stronger than many would have thought, or is it all down to Robert Kubica?

Please make your choice, let us no why, and take it lightly. This is supposed to be a joyful passtime for us, not bloody wars and flame-baiting...

Enjoy!

Edited by aditya-now, 06 July 2010 - 08:33.

Advertisement

#2 Formula

Formula

• 60 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 15:01

I chose:

Hamilton & Button: Both have shown flashes of brilliance and, Jenson especially, fantastic racecraft. McLaren are picking up the pieces where Red Bull falter.

Vettel & Webber: Red Bull are the fastest out there - and again, both have shown brilliance this season. I'd put Mark ahead of Sebastian because he seemed to really get into Seb's head for a few races and comprehensively out-performed him. Mark has had a couple of poor races though so it's still tight.

Kubica: I know Petrov isn't the world's best driver, but Robert has been completely blowing him away. The Renault is obviously not the fastest car in the field and I think Kubica has been pulling it into places where it shouldn't be. I was especially impressed with the drive at Monaco.

Sutil: I think he's going from strength to strength this year. Although he's been pretty anonymous, he's developed into a regular points scorer and is faster than Liuzzi more often than not. He seems to be making far less mistakes than before and he's definitely maturing.

Alguersuari: Bit of an odd choice is probably what you're thinking, but compared to last year I think he's the most improved driver. He's shown that he can race wheel to wheel with people and that he doesn't care if it's de la Rosa or a certain 7-times world champion... He's ironed out most of the mistakes and, apart from the last couple of races, has generally outshone Buemi. He's completed every race so far this season. I've been impressed, and I was one of his doubters.

#3 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 15:36

Interesting so far - where are the Alonso fans? He is in lowly sixth position - his mistakes cost him even in our BB poll...

#4 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 3,226 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 15:40

I voted for Kovolainen as well. I think he's the best driver from the new teams and those drivers deserve some credit as well. All that work gone mostly unnoticed as they barely have a chance for points, but yet Kovolainen is showing some speed at like Montreal when he was running as high as 8th.

#5 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 15:41

It's so darn hard not to pick the top 7 drivers from the standings. And to not be influenced by the race that finished 2 hours ago. I'll give it a try later.

#6 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,721 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 15:45

Top Seven? 7??

Hamilton, Webber, Button, Vettel, Kubica, Rosberg and probably Sutil. In that order I think.
Following those probably Alonso, Barrichello and Liuzzi or Kovalainen, to make it a top 10.

#7 iotar

iotar

• 2,153 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 15:48

Interesting so far - where are the Alonso fans? He is in lowly sixth position - his mistakes cost him even in our BB poll...

On Spanish forums I presume?

Once again there's a confusion. It's not about who is the best driver: seventh best driver gets the same amount of points as the first one. Secondly it's a forum with large amount of British supporters hence a lot of negative votes: I don't like him, I won't include him just because I can. It's got nothing to do with his mistakes.

Chandhok got my vote that way.

#8 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 15:50

Top Seven? 7??

http://forums.autosp...w...=127518&hl=

#9 Dispenser89

Dispenser89

• 3,460 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 15:52

Hamilton, Button, Kubica, Sutil, Vettel, Kovalainen, Webber.

Renault, Force India, Lotus.

#10 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:02

Hamilton, Button, Vettel, Webber, Kubica and Sutil

McLaren, Force India

and HRT are my chosen noob team :up:

#11 Luki

Luki

• 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 18:19

Drivers: Hamilton, Button, Vettel, Webber, Alonso, Kubica, Rosberg.
Teams: McLaren, Red Bull, Ferrari.

In that order.

#12 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 22:09

It's so darn hard not to pick the top 7 drivers from the standings. And to not be influenced by the race that finished 2 hours ago. I'll give it a try later.

I agree, indeed I voted for the top 7 drivers in the standings. Probably pretty uninspired on my part - with the teams it was a bit easier I have to say, McLaren, Force India and Renault are the ones for me, and I really respect them a lot for what they do.

Kuddos also to Lotus - so great to see the name back, congrats on their 500th race.
And what some above said is true, Kovalainen puts in an impressive performance - he even webbered Webber :lol:

You are right, Lights, maybe I have put up the poll too quickly after the race...

#13 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:08

After 100 votes being cast (109 at this moment), time for a first resume:

Surprisingly, Lewis Hamilton, who was far and away leading in our first poll, is being outdone by Robert Kubica.
Kubica leads Hamilton 93:90 at this point.

Jenson Button, who was still seen as only a lucky driver after his two wins by many here, and was thus only voted fifth best, is now enjoying a solid third position.
People start to realize that Jenson´s performance is obviously no fluke.

More than that, he is closing in on Lewis, only 8 votes behind. Last poll at this point Jenson was trailing Lewis by 26 votes.

Mark Webber has started to eclipse Sebastian Vettel by 68:64 - five races ago he was still rated in a lowly 9th position, while Sebastian was up there in 4th....

The Ferrari drivers are dramatically losing ground: while Fernando is only equal placed sixth together with Nico Rosberg, having less than half the votes that Lewis has scored, Felipe Massa is near nowhere: he shares an equal 16th place together with Vitantonio Liuzzi.

Michael Schumacher, 19th in the poll with 3 (!) votes so far (out of 109 voters!) equalling Pedro de la Rosa - who would have thought?

While it is clear that this is no scientific poll but very much based on sympathies as well as race results, it is shocking to see how far Michael has fallen from grace.

On the team side it is great to see how much support the "new" Renault team (after Briatore) gathers. Equally amazing how much loved the new Lotus team is at this point.
McLaren are leading the team standings, as could be expected.

Mercedes GP in a lowly 9th place out of 12 teams, after having been one of the top teams among the fans in 2009 as Brawn GP....
It is questionable if the corporate personality and aura of this team will really produce the results they have wished for.

#14 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:09

Odd to see Ferrari and Red Bull drivers losing so much. Is it really just because teams like McLaren and Renault are on their way up since the last poll?

#15 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:13

Odd to see Ferrari and Red Bull drivers losing so much. Is it really just because teams like McLaren and Renault are on their way up since the last poll?

I think perception is everything. And while McLaren and Kubica go from strength to strength, there have been several dents in RBR´s and Ferrari´s armor. The battle is not just on track, it´s as much in the minds of the people involved, including the fans.

The parallel with soccer as well as other sports is compelling - sometimes a game or championship just "cracks", and it is all downhill from then on for one competitor, and the beginning of victory lane for another.
Looking good for McLaren this year, I must say. Will be interesting what our third "Top Seven" poll in the mid of September (after Monza) will show, as well.

#16 rko281

rko281

• 698 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:13

It's always going to be judged after according to the last races. But I have to admit that Ham, But and Kubica are doing a great job and the RedBull and Ferrari drivers had more mistakes than the Renault or Mclaren drivers.

#17 ryan86

ryan86

• 1,100 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:19

Two Red Bull's, two McLaren's - they've shared the last 8 races between them and though they've all had incidents, I feel all have been doing well.

Kubica - consistently good.
Alonso - he's made more mistakes than usual, but I also feel that this Ferrari isn't that good.

Was stuck between Buemi, Sutil and Rosberg. Went for Buemi though. He was quite disappointing first 2 or 3 races, but now appears to be consistently quicker than Jimmy A and is picking up a point here and there for STR.

#18 teejay

teejay

• 6,129 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:23

Really cool poll - interesting to see the fan mood swings.

#19 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:31

Two Red Bull's, two McLaren's - they've shared the last 8 races between them

Now that you mention it.. they have indeed split them up nicely. Didn't think of it yet.

Advertisement

#20 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:53

As for the drivers:

Kubica - Amazingly consistent and fast (in the car that is not a top car yet). Flawless as well. Obvious choice.

Hamilton - I have a feeling that given his machinery Lewis will (or it is better to say that he is going to be a strong contender) be a WDC this year. Fast like hell and seems to be more mature then in the ... past.

Button - I didn't expect him to do so well and be so close to Lewis. Even though he may not have pure pace of Hamilton, Button is intelligent driver and knows how to make best use of his car (which is great car indeed)

Alonso - I don't know why I voted for him, really :drunk: .

Webber - lots of ups and downs but overall better than expected

Algersuari - I didn't rated this driver highly before this season. Although he is not as consistent as he should be, Jaimie does surprisingly well. I'm impressed by him so far.

Sutil - Looks solid this year.

As for the teams:

Renault - Their development pace is impressive. They have very proffessional attitude. Real racers.... what a turnaround after this catastrophe of last year(s).

McLaren - Impressive as always.

Ferrari - And again, I don't know why I voted for them. :drunk:

Congratulations for the poll. Great idea.

#21 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:52

Sorry for bumping this thread, we need more votes for the poll for comparability with the beginning-of-the-season poll.

#22 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:00

Last time it took an awful long time as well to get that many votes.

#23 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:30

Last time it took an awful long time as well to get that many votes.

Yes indeed. Thanks very much, Lights, for your kind help.

#24 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 4,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:34

Voted for Schumacher, he's been fun to watch and follow.

#25 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:37

Hamilton, Button, Webber, Kubica, Alquersuari, Buemi, Rubens.

McLaren, Renault, Williams

#26 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:37

Voted for Schumacher, he's been fun to watch and follow.

Well, you should have voted for The Top Seven Drivers, not for most funny ones.

#27 PNSD

PNSD

• 3,276 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:42

There have only been 3 drivers worth mentioning (in the top10) this season. Lewis, Button and Kubica. The rest have done a poor job imo. The only other driver to do something special imo is Heikki!

#28 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:44

1) Kubica
2) Hamilton
3) Button
4) Webber
5) Sutil
6) Vettel
7) Rosberg

1) McLaren
2) Lotus
3) Sauber

#29 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:53

There have only been 3 drivers worth mentioning (in the top10) this season. Lewis, Button and Kubica. The rest have done a poor job imo. The only other driver to do something special imo is Heikki!

As strange as it sounds, that´s the facts. What a mistake-ridden season, even by people you wouldn´t expect it from. There must be a lot of pressure somewhere, maybe we don´t see the financial pressures and thus the imperative to perform that is there in 2010, with the world economy on a roller coaster ride.

Lewis, Jenson, Robert, Heikki - the only four drivers who stand out - well, you could maybe mention Nico Rosberg as well, he hasn´t failed much, just the car seems to be really a dog sometimes.

#30 jato

jato

• 89 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:27

1. Kubica - consistent, fast and impressive since the start of the season, renault are also now making strides in their development
2. Hamilton - off to a slow start but has been extremely quick throughout, now reaping the points
3. Button - excellent start and has been up there in terms of results with Hamilton throughout - I still consider Hamilton the quicker of the two but Button is no slouch
4. Webber - off to a slow start to the season, poor races in bahrain/australia/china but more than made up for those with dominating wins spain/monaco, now back to his bad run IMO he will never become wdc unless he sorts out his race consistency
4. Vettel - has had some brillant GPs but poor racecraft, the team favours him but he also blames everything but himself when things don't go his way
6. Sutil - great early start to the season
7. Rosberg - also a brillant start to the season and beating MS
8. Alonso - so far down? excellent win in bahrain, but too many mistakes from the 2x WDC which is unexpected, seems to whinge a lot more when things don't go his way

I agree with PNSD, the only 3 drivers really worth mentioning are Lewis/Button and Kubica. Hard to fault any of those three.

#31 barni

barni

• 181 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:37

i`m not sure about rosberg, really. last year williams had ddd advantage, nevertheless he scored no podium in the first half of the season. he had a chance in aus but he blew it by eating his option tyres for one fastest lap in the race while needed nursing them to the end. i think there are few drivers that would do better with that merc car this year. so imo till now is: kub, ham, but, sut, alo, kov, web in that order, though i must say i hesitated a little choosing webber because i am disapointed by his performance in clearly fastest car, so maybe i should have chosen alg or bar ignoring both rbr drivers. as for teams that is easy: mcl, renault and force india.

#32 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,008 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:59

1. Kubica - I am not a fan of him, but he is doing an excellent job this year, being even consistent then both Ferrari drivers
2. Hamilton - he had a tough start to this season, but recovered in great style. He is extremely fast and makes less mistakes then before
3. Button - I am not a fan of him, he is slower then Lewis in general, but always is there in race to bring home results. And that counts
4. Sutil - I had faith in him also before, and it looks like I wasn t wrong. He is not the "crashguy" anymore, he is more mature now
5. Barrichello - there were many words ahead of this season, Hulk will destroy him, but the one, who is getting destroyed is Nico
6. Alguersuari - was a fan of him from the beginning, he improved. Great starts, 100% drivers reliability and great consistency in results
7. Schumacher - I think he still has the magic, but has a lot of unluck this year. Great in starts, his pace in race is often very good...

#33 Gyan

Gyan

• 1,234 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:11

Kubica - He has been doing brilliantly in that Renault car this season.Pushing the boundaries and possibilities of the car an getting the best out of it.Easily been the best driver so far.

Sutil - He has been doing well by taking on the team leader role in the Force India team and has impressed in that by beating Liuzzi resoundingly.

Alguersuari - I thought he would be another failed young driver when he had entered F1 last season.Boy,how I have been proved wrong.Has scored some good points finishes throughout the season and has been giving Buemi a fair fight.

#34 majkel

majkel

• 271 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:24

My choices (no order):

Hamilton - fast and almost flawless
Kubica - same
Vettel - fast but too many mistakes,
Webber - same
Button - bit too slow at times, but shows that good strategy pays off
Rosberg - making a good use of his seemingly not so good car
Last one is hard I voted Alonso as he could have potentially some good results but too many mistakes and I really feel it should have been Sutil, whos not making many mistakes and is fast.
Honorable mention to Kamui but one great race is not enough, Petrov and Algersuari are falling to pieces a bit.

#35 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 10,824 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:29

Top performers:

Button
Hamilton
Webber
Kobayashi
Beumi
Alguersuari
Kubica

#36 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 00:44

Well, you should have voted for The Top Seven Drivers, not for most funny ones.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#37 W154

W154

• 345 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:08

This poll is blatantly unfair as we cannot vote for Trulli, Glock, diGrassi and that legend- in- his -own-lifetime, Senna. :cry:

#38 Snap Matt

Snap Matt

• 1,157 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:16

Schumacher. Ouch.

In the likely absence of much of a silly season this year, I suppose all the F1 media will be rolling out their halfway driver ratings soon and I wonder how he will fare in those.

#39 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,875 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:29

1-Hamilton
2-Kubica
3-Webber
4-Alonso
5-Vettel
6-Button
7-Sutil

To be fair if you take into account the car, Kubica should be the first.

Advertisement

#40 sopa

sopa

• 12,230 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:18

The sad thing about F1 fans is that despite years of watching F1 and discussing about the matters they still haven't got a clue, how to rate drivers. Vettel is ahead of Webber in WDC despite worse reliability, having lost 2 wins. It is beyond me, how can Webber be possibly rated as a better driver of the season so far.

#41 majkel

majkel

• 271 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:51

The sad thing about F1 fans is that despite years of watching F1 and discussing about the matters they still haven't got a clue, how to rate drivers. Vettel is ahead of Webber in WDC despite worse reliability, having lost 2 wins. It is beyond me, how can Webber be possibly rated as a better driver of the season so far.

The sad thing about F1 fans is that they always thnk, that their opinion is "the bestest". That includes you.

#42 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 15:01

This poll is blatantly unfair as we cannot vote for Trulli, Glock, diGrassi and that legend- in- his -own-lifetime, Senna. :cry:

Hi, W154, I see you are new to this BB - welcome.

It´s a shortcoming of the poll software - it allows only for 20 entries. I reported this repeatedly to the moderators, but also they don´t seem to be in a position to change it.
Last poll (in April) I left out e.g. de la Rosa and Kobayashi, there was also an outcry.

This time I strictly adhered to the WDC positions - the first 20 are in the poll.
Rest assured that it does not make me happy to leave out Senna, Trulli and Glock.

Thanks for participating! :up:

#43 TIFOlonSO

TIFOlonSO

• 478 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 15:10

Interesting. This forum has more Fernandes Lotus fans than Ferraris. A good place to argue for a tifoso.

#44 W154

W154

• 345 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:19

Hi, W154, I see you are new to this BB - welcome.

It´s a shortcoming of the poll software - it allows only for 20 entries. I reported this repeatedly to the moderators, but also they don´t seem to be in a position to change it.
Last poll (in April) I left out e.g. de la Rosa and Kobayashi, there was also an outcry.

This time I strictly adhered to the WDC positions - the first 20 are in the poll.
Rest assured that it does not make me happy to leave out Senna, Trulli and Glock.

Thanks for participating! :up:

I was only joking as I doubt the four of them could get 10 votes between them! :)
Not that I am superstitious , but since making my comment about the Four Mobile Chicanes-my 13th post- I have been booked for speeding and my car has developed a strange misfire. This being my 14th post I'm sure things are about to get better :clap:

#45 demoing

demoing

• 631 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:24

Interesting. This forum has more Fernandes Lotus fans than Ferraris. A good place to argue for a tifoso.

no not really just more people think they have done a better job that Ferrari when you consider where each started from.

#46 raiseyourfistfor

raiseyourfistfor

• 2,177 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:32

Robert Kubica is still the pearl of the field, give him a McLaren or Red Bull and, IMHO, he´d be running away with the WDC....

Nobody can drive a car at more than 100%....

#47 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:15

I chose Hamilton, Kubica, Button, Vettel, Barichello, Rosberg, Sutil....In that order

In reality Alonso is probably supposed to be there, but as he hasn't driven up to his usual standards, I couldn't vote for him. Webber, well, he's been great this season, but, for his accidents, and mistakes, I'd think somebody like Barichello and Sutil deserve it more as they've driven rock solid, and with very few mistakes.

#48 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:39

Why isn't Senna on the list?

#49 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,752 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:47

It's not to do with fans - it's to do with who you thinks doing a better job. Ferrari has the biggest budget on the grid (not toyota have left) and started 6 monthes earlier than most of the other teams so I dont think they ar doing such a great job.

#50 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:06

The sad thing about F1 fans is that they always thnk, that their opinion is "the bestest". That includes you.

There is opinion...and then there is logic and what is realistic and hard evidence.

Fact is reliability has cost Vettel important points and yet he's still ahead of Webber. Says everything really. Same goes for the Hamilton/Button comparison. It should not be ignored. Losing points through no fault of the driver is always a factor.

I find it funny that everything is considered opinion around here. Is there no reality? Or are the races and subsequent results just a figment of our imagination? Pass the pipe :lol: