Photo

Which one is your favorite driver?

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one is your favorite driver? (429 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one is your favorite driver?

1. Mark Webber (53 votes [12.35%])

Percentage of vote: 12.35%

2. Lewis Hamilton (102 votes [23.78%])

Percentage of vote: 23.78%

3. Sebastian Vettel (21 votes [4.90%])

Percentage of vote: 4.90%

4. Jenson Button (28 votes [6.53%])

Percentage of vote: 6.53%

5. Fernando Alonso (62 votes [14.45%])

Percentage of vote: 14.45%

6. Felipe Massa (10 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

7. Nico Rosgberg (9 votes [2.10%])

Percentage of vote: 2.10%

8. Robert Kubica (51 votes [11.89%])

Percentage of vote: 11.89%

9. Michael Schumacher (33 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

10. Adrian Sutil (2 votes [0.47%])

Percentage of vote: 0.47%

11. Rubens Barrichello (9 votes [2.10%])

12. Vitaly Petrov (9 votes [2.10%])

13. Kamui Kobayashi (14 votes [3.26%])

Percentage of vote: 3.26%

14. Vitantonio Liuzzi (1 votes [0.23%])

Percentage of vote: 0.23%

15. Nico Hulkemberg (2 votes [0.47%])

16. Sebastien Buemi (2 votes [0.47%])

17. Pedro de la Rosa (4 votes [0.93%])

Percentage of vote: 0.93%

18. Jaime Alguersuari (5 votes [1.17%])

Percentage of vote: 1.17%

19. Hekki Kovalainen (6 votes [1.40%])

Percentage of vote: 1.40%

20. Jarno Trulli (6 votes [1.40%])

Percentage of vote: 1.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 eirvine

eirvine

• 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 15:52

the best one : Lewis Hamilton

Advertisement

#102 Bouncing Pink Ball

Bouncing Pink Ball

• 758 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 16:12

Then you're best to stick with Hamilton. I get the feeling he'll be in F1 a lot longer than these boys, no matter their age.

Maybe, maybe not. I expected Kimi to stay in F1 much longer than he did. There's so many different paths Lewis could choose for his life down the line – anything to a ten year career at McLaren to dropping out of racing altogether in his twenties.

Just a quick aside about the popular question of how people can support drivers with attitudes or supposed bitter rivals:
Speaking for myself, I'm more a team follower that a driver fan anyway. When I do take an interest in specific drivers, I watch more than one at a time and never become more than a casual fan. If someone's driving style catches my eye, I like to see him/her perform well, that's all. I'm really not all that interested in anything these folks do other than how they drive an expensive race car a few weekends a year.

The above said, I have no issues with the likes of Lewis the Liar or Evil, Evil Nando. They seem smart, nice enough fellows to me; I'd invite them over for tea and cookies. At the same time, no less. :lol:

Oh, and would someone please vote for poor Liuzzi? I feel for the fella, he's stuck at zero fans!

#103 Buckethead

Buckethead

• 710 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 16:14

Glock

#104 f1seb

f1seb

• 1,545 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 23:36

I really thought Vettel had more fans than that....

#105 Palmero

Palmero

• 296 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 23:47

Definitely Lewis, such an inspiring racer on so many levels, conducts himself perfectly, talented beyond compare.

As an aside, my least favorite is Vettel, i don't think i even need to state why.

#106 Cenotaph

Cenotaph

• 2,390 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 23:57

I really thought Vettel had more fans than that....

then you haven't been reading this forum much lately :) it's pretty obvious to me who are the most popular drivers around here, i didn't need a poll, but the results so far seem quite right indeed.

---

This is actually not very easy to answer for me right now. I was a Kimi fan, now i have Schumi, but he just isnt the same guy, there's Vettel and Kubica, but Webber, Button and Massa are also likable characters. My vote goes to Vettel just because he is the one that need a boost more :)

#107 Lord_Shaitan

Lord_Shaitan

• 1,181 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:17

Kubika > Mark > Vitaly > Lewis(I used to hate him) > other guys > Schumacher > Vettel

#108 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:28

I think quite a few important people must be disappointed with Vettel's low popularity. Dietrich for one. Bernie for another, hoping for another great F1 rivalry but not really getting it.

#109 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:32

I think quite a few important people must be disappointed with Vettel's low popularity. Dietrich for one. Bernie for another, hoping for another great F1 rivalry but not really getting it.

The popularity of the drivers goes hand in hand with their capability. IMHO Alonso, Kubica and Hamilton are also the three "best" drivers among the current crop.

#110 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:56

These fine gentleman are a part of the blame
They have planted in Sebastians mind he is already on of the greatest and would easily become WDC this year
Way too much hype for this young guy, who acts now like a stupid spoiled brat.

For whom I have voted, is easily too guess. :D

Edited by Bonaventura, 07 August 2010 - 12:00.

#111 midgrid

midgrid
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,156 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:26

Vettel may still be the most popular driver overall - this poll is limited (no offence to the OP) as it only allows people to choose their most favourite driver, so he could be everyone else's second favourite driver without this showing up in the poll. It would interesting to create a thread for each driver with the poll question "Do you like or dislike this driver", but that would clog up the board somewhat...

Edited by midgrid, 07 August 2010 - 12:28.

#112 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,500 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:30

Vettel may still be the most popular driver overall - this poll is limited (no offence to the OP) as it only allows people to choose their most favourite driver, so he could be everyone else's second favourite driver without this showing up in the poll. It would interesting to create a thread for each driver with the poll question "Do you like or dislike this driver", but that would clog up the board somewhat...

we could just do a vettel poll? that'd be interesting :)

#113 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:34

I like all the drivers, maybe except Vettel and Schumy, but if I must set my "likeness" in particular order it would be:

Kubica (voted), Webber, Button, Hamilton, Alonso, Rubens, Kobayashi, Sutil, Petrov, Heikki, (rest of the grid), Rosberg, Schumacher, Vettel.

From drivers that are not on the grid actually but were 1 year ago, I would put Kimi and Nick somewhere in the Kubica-Webber-Button group.

#114 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:39

But there are still 100 people difference from two polls?

Edited by ivand911, 07 August 2010 - 12:39.

#115 DracoN

DracoN

• 901 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:42

Kobayashi

#116 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,500 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:52

If we're making lists..

Hamilton, Button, Webber, Rubens, Alguersuari, Rosberg, Heikki, Massa... the rest... Schumacher, Vettel, Alonso.

Edited by Brandz07, 07 August 2010 - 12:53.

#117 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,787 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:58

Schumacher always has been and always will be. Massa though i also support, and was my number one man after michael left.

#118 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 13:06

I'll make my list too:

Alonso, Kubica, Webber, Button, De la Rosa, Alguersuari, Rubens, Kobayashi, Heikki, (rest of the grid), Schumacher, Vettel, Hamilton

#119 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 13:09

That could be a possibilty. My opinion, however, is that Vettel is one of these drivers who you either love him or hate him.

Advertisement

#120 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 13:17

I don't see any reason to think this, though. Just as many people mention Hamilton or Kubi as their second favoutite. Sebi's smiling jokey persona has fallen apart when things have gone against him, so he's lost credibility I think. He did himself a lot of damage at Turkey.

And he's been unlucky, so he hasn't had the success that always attracts support even for drivers who behave badly. Probably if he was where he should have been against Webber he'd have more of a following. I guess it'll go up if he gets the wdc. Still, 5% or wherever he is now is surprising, against all the hype.

#121 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 13:26

That could be a possibilty. My opinion, however, is that Vettel is one of these drivers who you either love him or hate him.

I'm quite indifferent towards him...

#122 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,500 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 13:26

I'll make my list too:

Alonso, Kubica, Webber, Button, De la Rosa, Alguersuari, Rubens, Kobayashi, Heikki, (rest of the grid), Schumacher, Vettel, Hamilton

opposites! :lol: :love: :)

#123 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 13:34

I'm quite indifferent towards him...

Me too.
I would agree that opinions have polarised in the last 12 months, though.

In many people's eyes, he has gone from being the plucky underdog trying to close a big points deficit against a (previously) dominant car to being in a dominant car showing signs of frustration in not being able to take advantage of it.

#124 LuisPena

LuisPena

• 144 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 14:09

Jaime & Alonso.

of course spanish guy. :drunk:

#125 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 14:19

and you're not, right Luis Peña? :rotfl:

#126 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 14:19

What's wrong?

#127 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 14:24

Webber, definitely.

#128 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 20:48

What's wrong?

He is saying your opinion is biased due to your nationality.

You could ask him again, whats wrong with that?

#129 SRi130Brett

SRi130Brett

• 341 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 20:57

I have over the last few years been unsure between Hamilton and Button.

Then, in Turkey this year when Button put that move on Hamilton and I was jumping on the sofa and then back down again when Lewis got back in front, I kind of answered my own question.

Im a Jenson fan!

#130 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,500 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 00:22

I have over the last few years been unsure between Hamilton and Button.

Then, in Turkey this year when Button put that move on Hamilton and I was jumping on the sofa and then back down again when Lewis got back in front, I kind of answered my own question.

Im a Jenson fan!

do you think potentially if the move had been the other way round you might now be calling yourself a lewis fan? maybe? :p :)

#131 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 00:31

do you think potentially if the move had been the other way round you might now be calling yourself a lewis fan? maybe? :p :)

I'll answer for him: No!

Button is way more likeable than Hamilton, only if he was a bit faster... ):

#132 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 00:52

:up:

#133 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,606 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 00:58

It's definitely Alonso I cheer for every race and sometimes even try to defend the undefendable!

I am a massive fan of Hamilton's driving too but I also see him as the biggest threat, so it's a real love hate thing going on there! Deep down though I am a big big fan of his driving.

I'm also a big fan of Kubica's driving, but I don't rate him quite as highly as Alonso and Hamilton.

I think Webber seems like a genuine top bloke and is probably one of my favourite drivers off the track but he doesn't thrill me at all on the track. Something similar with Button he seems alright off the track but his driving doesn't excite me.

Vettel I used to like but just can't warm to him off the track and to be honest he doesn't thrill me on the track either. Some of his pole laps are great, I will admit that much.

I'm not much of a fan of Rosberg but he's certainly proved himself this year, and Schumacher is a strange one. I wasn't a fan of Schumacher 1.0 but could see he was massively talented. Now Schumacher 2.0 is like his identical twin, I think he seems like a fairly decent guy off the track but everything he does on it is pretty horrible, how could you be a fan of his driving this year, it is terrible.

#134 Cenotaph

Cenotaph

• 2,390 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:22

I for one think that's the wrong perception. To me it seems like Vettel is the obvious man to beat this year, even when he is not leading the championship and that says a lot, if ppl hate him it works as well for those guys really.

Im not surprised he is unpopular in this forum, specially this year, the thing is while this forum is international it isnt a true representation of the f1 universe, lets not forget that. Also Vettel's biggest problem is that he is actually the big boy this season and he is fighting popular drivers, he had become a serious threat, which attracts a lot of criticism and frankly a lot of haters.

Its like Hamilton in 2007, its was nice to see a rookie do well, but at some point he starts doing "too" well, his speech starts to change to a more arrogant and demanding tone and suddenly its not cute anymore to the other fans

Edited by Cenotaph, 08 August 2010 - 03:25.

#135 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,658 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:30

Its like Hamilton in 2007, its was nice to see a rookie do well, but at some point he starts doing "too" well, his speech starts to change to a more arrogant and demanding tone and suddenly its not cute anymore to the other fans

Yes the best champion is one that is humble and modest, on track and off. :)

#136 Aietes

Aietes

• 252 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:48

nice poll

#137 saskia

saskia

• 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:40

Webber (voted) Kubica, Heikki and Alguersuari.

#138 Grenada

Grenada

• 3,072 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:39

:down: In your opinion. I happen to think that Hamilton is way more likeable than Button.

#139 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:56

:down: In your opinion. I happen to think that Hamilton is way more likeable than Button.

And that's not hard to guess looking at your avatar. :)

My choice:

Kubica (voted), Alonso==Hamilton (yes, i know it's quite hard to imagine for some posters here), Webber, Vitaly, Button ... the rest ... Schumacher (he is quite a nice bloke off track, horrible on track), Britney (for being Britney), Vettel (no comment needed).

Advertisement

#140 RobH

RobH

• 207 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:13

What do you mean "I'll answer for him"? The question wasn't directed at you.

#141 Mario5

Mario5

• 344 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:01

I voted for Vettel. I just like the kid.

Also, it's: Everybody > Hamilton

#142 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:48

What do you mean "I'll answer for him"? The question wasn't directed at you.

If it was directed to me I wouldn't have said "I'll answer for him", would I? :rotfl: :rotfl:

#143 Lukin83

Lukin83

• 754 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:34

Started following Karun Chandhok at Twitter recently and now he's definitely my favorite off-track driver out there :D Shame that's he's only off-track recently.

#144 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,500 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:08

Started following Karun Chandhok at Twitter recently and now he's definitely my favorite off-track driver out there :D Shame that's he's only off-track recently.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

When is he on-track? :lol:

#145 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:24

He's not really. Very affable, good sense of humour, nice smile. But watch the videos teaching Jake I reposted recently in the vs thread - the last thing Jense says after the lesson with Jake: "I'm never doing that again". The piece ends with Jense stomping off; There's a reason the producer edited the piece that way, they didn't like him.

Lewis otoh left Jake feeling good about himself, as he generally does.

#146 Grenada

Grenada

• 3,072 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:25

He's not really. Very affable, good sense of humour, nice smile. But watch the videos teaching Jake I reposted recently in the vs thread - the last thing Jense says after the lesson with Jake: "I'm never doing that again". The piece ends with Jense stomping off; There's a reason the producer edited the piece that way, they didn't like him.

Lewis otoh left Jake feeling good about himself, as he generally does.

Too true.

#147 Grenada

Grenada

• 3,072 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:26

I wish that Karun could become a permanent commentator/broadcaster with the BBC. He is such a lovely fellow, very knowledgeable and articulate, and the team need a bit of diversity.

#148 GiancarloF1

GiancarloF1

• 925 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:58

Voted for Vettel, because his WDC campaign became my no.1 priority to watch this year. Schumacher is on no.2 and Hamilton is on no.3.