Photo

Ferrari F150th Italia (merged)

• Please log in to reply
11690 replies to this topic

#1 Richard T

Richard T

• 2,108 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 19:29

The 2010 season has just finished but tomorrow winter testing kicks of with the Young Drivers test days and probably all teams will test parts for it's 2011 challengers.

Ferrari has Jules Bianchi + the top three in Italian F3 onboard and will maybe be running some new parts with them and continue during the Pirelli tests.
Single deck diffuser and/or KERS anyone?

Richard

Advertisement

#2 GPmaster

GPmaster

• 455 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 19:39

I read somewhere that Ferrari is going to run with the F60 the next four days.

#3 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 19:41

I'm so pissed off about 2010 :cry: :cry: And this Newey is annoying me so much...

#4 STIGG

STIGG

• 296 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 20:23

I'm so pissed off about 2010 :cry: :cry: And this Newey is annoying me so much...

Not really the best way to start the 2011 thread, is it?

#5 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 20:27

I bet the car will be red.  ;)

#6 Augurk

Augurk

• 5,512 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 20:31

I bet the car will be red. ;)

I bet you're pretty sure about that ;)

#7 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 3,226 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 20:37

I just hope Massa will be upto speed in 2011. And that their KERS is working really good again, in 2009 I thought it was quite good.

#8 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 7,054 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 20:55

I just hope Massa will be upto speed in 2011. And that their KERS is working really good again, in 2009 I thought it was quite good.

??

actually it sucked. Or was it sarcasm?

#9 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 3,226 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 20:58

??

actually it sucked. Or was it sarcasm?

No - I thought it worked pretty neat. What was bad about it?

#10 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 7,054 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 21:05

It was said to be to heavy, it electrocuted the driver on rainy days, it ruined cog because of it's size, and and affected cooling because of the placement of the batteries, if I recall correctly.

#11 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,567 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 21:09

The problem with the F60 was that it was unable to effectively integrate the DDD and apart from some teething problems with KERS I recall it worked quite well and Ferrari have further developed a road car KERS which allows the batteries to be installed in such a manner that it actually lowers the CoG. That research will pay dividends for KERS next year as well as having some decent characteristics to build on which will be carried forward from the F10.

I suppose the F11/2011 will incorprate a pull rod suspension too.

We need Massa to return back to form as well as that constructors trophy needs to go home. Where it belongs...

#12 Lokt

Lokt

• 470 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 21:10

The problem with the F60 was that it was unable to effectively integrate the DDD and apart from some teething problems with KERS I recall it worked quite well and Ferrari have further developed a road car KERS which allows the batteries to be installed in such a manner that it actually lowers the CoG. That research will pay dividends for KERS next year as well as having some decent characteristics to build on which will be carried forward from the F10.

We need Massa to return back to form as well as that constructors trophy needs to go home. Where it belongs...

Have anyone inside the team hinted that this is the case?

#13 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 21:11

Ferrari always seem to change their naming conventions to whenever-the-hell-they-feel-like. I'm not even sure it'll be called the F11. Why can't they go back to the winning-convention, call it the F2011. They tend to win things when their cars are named in that convention compared to when they're not.

#14 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 7,054 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 21:12

well they had a year now to develop the unit in maranello, so I would assume those problems will be (or have been) solved. I think it will be a crucial part of next year's racing, if it works well.

#15 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,567 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 21:23

Have anyone inside the team hinted that this is the case?

With the ban on DDD's and the aero benefit of having the pull rod suspension I just can't see them not incorporating it.

#16 jetalt

jetalt

• 519 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 21:24

Some GPs ago, M. Gené talked about F11's "nose". His words implied that it would be lower.
--------

I fear the potential impact of KERS on the F10's strengths (aka breaking stability, for example). :(

Edited by jetalt, 15 November 2010 - 21:32.

#17 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,567 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 22:00

I read somewhere that Ferrari is going to run with the F60 the next four days.

If this is true then it's not a bad idea if they run it in its original configuration. Ie. No DDD.

I believe more useful data will be acquired in that manner and they can probably test new KERS solutions and it's effects on the cars balance.

#18 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:34

In the week leading up to the 2010 Spanish Grand Prix, a formal proposal was submitted to FOTA by British engineering firm Flybrid to supply the entire grid with a mandatory, standardized KERS unit

So will they use their own designed system or they all have to take it from engineering firm Flybrid?

Maximum height of the diffuser will be cut from 175 millimetres (6.9 in) to 125 millimetres (4.9 in), reducing aerodynamic downforce. Furthermore, measures were agreed to exclude double diffuser designs.

Ecclestone also revealed that he wanted tyres with a significantly-shorter lifespan than in 2010 following the reception to the 2010 Canadian Grand Prix, where abnormally-high tyre wear created unpredictable racing

This 2 things will be good for us. i hope Pirelli will be up with this.

#19 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:39

:clap: New thread.

I think understeer will be a big problem next year. Higher weight with 2010 width front tyres.

Edited by vivian, 16 November 2010 - 07:39.

Advertisement

#20 topical

topical

• 2,815 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:49

Personally I'm still getting over Sunday.....can't even think about 2011 yet...

#21 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:51

InsideFerrari Scuderia Ferrari
Today's programme is aimed to collect aerodynamic data

Hmm... some aero changes?

#22 Flexa

Flexa

• 428 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:54

Pretty cool intereview with Rob Smedley in Globo, he says Alonso and Massa use nearly the same setup, however, they're totally different when braking as Alonso does so earlier and because of that gets the optimum line inside the curve while Massa brakes really late and because of that he sacrifices the best line while turning but this keeps power and it boosts greatly the exit of the corner. The issue, Smedley pointed, resides precisely in the fact that as Fernando spends more time in the braking he is able to generate alot of heat in the tyres while Massa not, as he spends a reduced time in curves, this is what is up.

Rob added that Schumi and Felipe have the same style, and that's why they seem to be both this year passing by same strong tyre issues, however, with the new regulations that are coming for 2011 they are bent on that drivers with this particular style will tend to be strong.

#23 lithium

lithium

• 234 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:58

Woohooo!!! :clap: Roll on 2011! I can't wait :smoking:

#24 lithium

lithium

• 234 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:59

Pretty cool intereview with Rob Smedley in Globo, he says Alonso and Massa use nearly the same setup, however, they're totally different when braking as Alonso does so earlier and because of that gets the optimum line inside the curve while Massa brakes really late and because of that he sacrifices the best line while turning but this keeps power and it boosts greatly the exit of the corner. The issue, Smedley pointed, resides precisely in the fact that as Fernando spends more time in the braking he is able to generate alot of heat in the tyres while Massa not, as he spends a reduced time in curves, this is what is up.

Rob added that Schumi and Felipe have the same style, and that's why they seem to be both this year passing by same strong tyre issues, however, with the new regulations that are coming for 2011 they are bent on that drivers with this particular style will tend to be strong.

Interesting info. Thanks!

#25 lithium

lithium

• 234 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:03

"There will be changes at Ferrari for sure"

A source close to Ferrari said last night: "There will be changes at Ferrari for sure. What happened on Sunday was a big, heavy mistake.

"But they won't be changing the car, Alonso, the president or Domenicali. Instead there will be changes to the inefficient pit area. It may not even be a sacking. But next season some important people will no longer hold the positions they do today."

http://www.guardian....rari-formulaone

Hmm having same change is normal I guess, but I do hope that they don't make any rash decisions.. :well:

#26 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:32

On the contrary.. breaking earlier you will push the throttle earlier so you will have a much better exit. And I saw that Alonso is cutting the corners more than Massa, meaning is much aggressive than Massa.. Also this was obviously from their top speed. Massa always had more than Alonso.

Edited by gaston_foix, 16 November 2010 - 08:33.

#27 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:34

Thanks for the rare insight.

#28 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 7,054 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:45

On the contrary.. breaking earlier you will push the throttle earlier so you will have a much better exit. And I saw that Alonso is cutting the corners more than Massa, meaning is much aggressive than Massa.. Also this was obviously from their top speed. Massa always had more than Alonso.

:confused:

#29 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,567 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:14

I think this is the right thread to post this.

Posted Image

What is that pipe next to the rear crash structure light?

#30 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:35

Jules_Bianchi Jules_Bianchi
Tests are going well. 43 laps done, the fastest in 43.894 Jules is doing a lot of aero tests.

#31 Lokt

Lokt

• 470 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:10

In the week leading up to the 2010 Spanish Grand Prix, a formal proposal was submitted to FOTA by British engineering firm Flybrid to supply the entire grid with a mandatory, standardized KERS unit

So will they use their own designed system or they all have to take it from engineering firm Flybrid?

Maximum height of the diffuser will be cut from 175 millimetres (6.9 in) to 125 millimetres (4.9 in), reducing aerodynamic downforce. Furthermore, measures were agreed to exclude double diffuser designs.

Ecclestone also revealed that he wanted tyres with a significantly-shorter lifespan than in 2010 following the reception to the 2010 Canadian Grand Prix, where abnormally-high tyre wear created unpredictable racing

This 2 things will be good for us. i hope Pirelli will be up with this.

They can all use which ever KERS system they want i.e Mercedes using it´s own KERS they developed in 2009 and Ferrari theirs etc, theres no standarised KERS next year.

Why would those 2 things suit Ferrari more than any other team?

#32 NeilMick

NeilMick

• 665 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:12

No F-Duct on that car so his times will be much slower!

#33 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,567 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:19

No F-Duct on that car so his times will be much slower!

Yeah. No F-Duct, old spec diffuser and they also seem to have various sensors next to the right rear wheel.

#34 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:24

tear duct? :D

sorry had to.......thanks for the picture and the Grauniad story link....Ferrari are now in exactly the same position as Maclaren were post-2007: not with the personalities and off-track shennanigans per se (although there are similarities ahem) but the fact that they were sooo close and came away from the series empty-handed. It's going to be a fascinating winter to see how they react, adjust and step up to the plate for '11

#35 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:25

Posted Image

Took DDD away.

#36 Lokt

Lokt

• 470 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:26

Took DDD away.

Nope still there.

#37 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,153 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:31

It's still too early to talk about the F11 or whatever they will call it, but one thing is for sure: Ferrari's 2011 car needs to be a strong one, they will have some huge competition in RBR(some say they've just started), McLaren and Merc.

Edit: just started in 'they will be even more unbeatable next year'

Edited by Smile17, 16 November 2010 - 12:33.

#38 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:38

Nope still there.

I mean they closed the bottom and put exhaust thru there.

#39 kissTheApex

kissTheApex

• 635 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 13:01

I'm so pissed off about 2010

+1 big time

"There will be changes at Ferrari for sure"

http://www.guardian....rari-formulaone

Hmm having same change is normal I guess, but I do hope that they don't make any rash decisions.. :well:

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-structured the "strategy" department. I believe what they did on Sunday will be taught in Strategy 101 all over the paddock.

Advertisement

#40 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 13:49

Posted Image

http://www.jules-bia...0/100402tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100403tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100404tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100405tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100406tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100407tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100408tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100409tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100410tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100411tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100412tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100413tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100414tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100415tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100416tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100417tst.jpg
http://www.jules-bia...0/100418tst.jpg

Edited by Mastah, 16 November 2010 - 14:15.

#41 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 15:08

Maranello, 16 November - Just forty eight hours after the bitter ending to the 2010 World Championship, Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro is back on the same Yas Marina circuit that hosted the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, for the first of two days of testing for young drivers. Driving for the Maranello squad, back at the wheel of an F10, is Jules Bianchi who is part of the Ferrari Driver Academy, which aims to bring on young talent.

For Jules, this was his debut in his official role as test driver for the Scuderia and his programme centred mainly on gathering data relating to the handling of the car. The Frenchman covered a total of 58 laps, the quickest in a time of 1.43.894.

“I am happy to have this opportunity to do two days of testing with the F10 and I am pleased to be able to give the team a hand in preparation for next season,” said Jules at the end of the day. “It was an unusual day, in that we worked exclusively on measuring various parameters, without ever looking for performance. I am learning a lot being here with the team and seeing at first hand how they go about their work. These two days will be extremely useful to get as well prepared as possible for my role as test driver for the Scuderia.”

Testing at this circuit continues tomorrow, once again with Bianchi on track.

http://www.ferrari.c...na_circuit.aspx

http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/001.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/002.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/009.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/011.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/012.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/054.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/074.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/088.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/095.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/096.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/110.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/111.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/133.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...16nov-1/138.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...ov-1/027wri.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...ov-1/031wri.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...ov-1/035wri.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...ov-1/037wri.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...ov-1/046wri.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...ov-1/052wri.jpg

Edited by Mastah, 16 November 2010 - 15:17.

#42 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 15:24

Jusy One qustion...

The last races the cars raced THREE blades of front wing on each side... The reg allowed only two... am I correct?

This is the car for Renault and others as well. Just wondering if this was a bad influence from RBR's six blade front wing design.

#43 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:07

InsideFerrari Scuderia Ferrari
Today's programme is a bit different from yesterday but still aimed to collect important data about the car behaviour.

http://www.f1fanatic...s-test-day-one/

Yesterday Ferrari did some tests with constant speed - 200 and 240 kph.

Edited by Mastah, 17 November 2010 - 11:30.

#44 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 16:19

Maranello, 17 November - The two day test for young drivers came to an end today for Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro and the other Formula 1 teams at Abu Dhabi’s Yas Marina circuit.

Newly appointed test driver Jules Bianchi was again on track for the Scuderia, tasked with gathering data on the handling of the car and continuing to get to grips with the intricacies of his new role. The Frenchman completed a total of 93 laps, the fastest in 1.39.916.

“The past two days have been very interesting” – commented Jules at the end of the day. “We were able to gather a lot of data to improve our understanding of the handling of the car and for me, it was useful in terms of my work with the team next year. While yesterday we did not run much, today we did a lot of laps and also tried to set some times. The track had improved, also because there were no longer the cones at some corners, so you could cut the line. For me, it was a great way to finish what has been a positive season, given that I finished third in the GP2 championship.”

A normal day of testing, but also a very special one for Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, as it brings the curtain down on its collaboration with Bridgestone in Formula 1. It began in 1998 and since then went on uninterrupted until now: during that time, Ferrari won 14 world titles (6 Drivers and 8 Constructors) and 102 Grands Prix.

“I wish to take this opportunity to once again thank Bridgestone for their efforts throughout the many years of our partnership, which saw us enjoy so much success together,” commented Stefano Domenicali. “It has been a pleasure working alongside the people from the Japanese company, getting to know a different company culture to our own and exchanging our experiences always in a professional manner and with a great passion for our work. Arigato gozaimasu, Bridgestone!”

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro resumes testing at this track on Friday 19 November, when Felipe Massa will be on track.

http://www.ferrari.c...ridgestone.aspx

#45 KrisAngeli

KrisAngeli

• 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 17:02

Any idea who does tweet on @InsideFerrari? Is it Luca Collajani? I laughed when someone asked if Kimi has a twitter account and the reply was "Ah, don't ask us!" Plus this one too : http://twitter.com/I...823804131942401. But still, i can't get over what happened last Sunday. I can only hope that 2011 will be better.

#46 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,567 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 17:12

Any idea who does tweet on @InsideFerrari? Is it Luca Collajani? I laughed when someone asked if Kimi has a twitter account and the reply was "Ah, don't ask us!" Plus this one too : http://twitter.com/I...823804131942401. But still, i can't get over what happened last Sunday. I can only hope that 2011 will be better.

:lol: Smedley is that you?

#47 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 17:17

:lol: at that tweet.

#48 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:42

Felipe with red helmet:

Posted Image
http://www.sutton-im...dcd1019no51.jpg
http://www.sutton-im...dcd1019no34.jpg

#49 Flexa

Flexa

• 428 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:46

Looks cool. O.o

Pretty radical change.

Perhaps he just borrowed from the mechanics' general helmet or something...

#50 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,567 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:50

F-Duct is on the car.