Posted 19 December 2010 - 21:01

Found this link elsewhere:
http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=72525

Advertisement

#2 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 21:19

Oh Dear...Our man is rolling over on his budgies now.
I gave up on this one immediately after reading the opening line of his biography
"Alexander Richard "Alex" Pettyfer (born 10 April 1990) is an English actor and model. He appeared in school plays "

Damn this X-Factor bull$hit society
Jp

#3 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,146 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 22:45

He's a bit erm young isn't he? Surprised they didn't try and get Leonardo di Caprio to do it. Maybe the budget is too small. Would have been a Hollywood blockbuster if they had.

#4 Crafty

Crafty

• 4,151 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 23:06

Sounds like it will be dreadful...

#5 midgrid

midgrid
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,132 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 23:11

DreamWorks Pictures' adaptation of Tom Rubython's book, "Shunt: The Story of James Hunt."

[...]

The project is now out to writers. Pettyfer will produce with John Palermo (The Wolverine).

Sounds like a very optimistic project, and I would be surprised if it is completed (and I hope it isn't).

#6 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 23:23

Can't see it happening. If they want a book inspired movie why not do a docu thing like with Senna.

#7 byrkus

byrkus

• 1,011 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:16

I suppose it could end up being the motorsport equivalent of Spinal Tap. :)

#8 nomeg1

nomeg1

• 4,942 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:37

I wonder if they will talk about the fact that him and Lauda accused the young Riccardo Patrese of the death of Peterson, whilst it's Hunt's McLaren that changed line and provoked the known crash.
On top, Peterson did not die from the crash, but from an embolism due to mistreatment at the hospital, if I remember correctly. The worst hurt had been Reggazoni (I think ?), who suffered from a skull fracture after receiving a tyre on his helmet.
They were so keen into accusing Patrese, that he was suspended thereafter for several GP's. But, nobody speaks about this.
I am happy Riccardo didn't give up, because the two "Witch Hunters" would have broken his beautiful carrer.

So, I sure won't pay to see the movie, which sounds to be a "turnip" anyhow !

Edited by nomeg1, 20 December 2010 - 08:39.

#9 pRy

pRy

• 26,223 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:42

He's a bit erm young isn't he? Surprised they didn't try and get Leonardo di Caprio to do it. Maybe the budget is too small. Would have been a Hollywood blockbuster if they had.

He would have been a good choice. Looks nothing like the guy of course but he would have been perfect at the womanising scenes.

#10 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 14:36

Posted Image

this must have sold the idea... but think is going to be crap... Kimi would be the only credible star actor

#11 SRi130Brett

SRi130Brett

• 341 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 15:59

I wonder if they will talk about the fact that him and Lauda accused the young Riccardo Patrese of the death of Peterson, whilst it's Hunt's McLaren that changed line and provoked the known crash.
On top, Peterson did not die from the crash, but from an embolism due to mistreatment at the hospital, if I remember correctly. The worst hurt had been Reggazoni (I think ?), who suffered from a skull fracture after receiving a tyre on his helmet.
They were so keen into accusing Patrese, that he was suspended thereafter for several GP's. But, nobody speaks about this.
I am happy Riccardo didn't give up, because the two "Witch Hunters" would have broken his beautiful carrer.

It was Brambilla (sp) who took a wheel to the head.

From what I can tell and have read no one can be truly sure what happened that day. There is doubt over wether or not Patrese touched Hunt too. But no one can point the finger at either Hunt or Patrese for the crash. Hunt and Lauda were most vocal, but the majority of drivers blamed him and he was banned from the next race. Hunt did a great job on that day rescuing Ronnie from the flames.

The only thing I know for sure is that Hunts persistent criticisim of Patrese was somewhat unjustified.

Hunt is one of, if not, my favourite F1 personality ever. I hope a movie does him justice and I really enjoyed the Tom Rubython book. As ever, I have concerns over Hollywood getting their hands on it.

oh and pettyfer is meant to be the next big thing. Hes considered by Spielberg to be his protege or something, so I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss him.

Edited by SRi130Brett, 20 December 2010 - 16:00.

#12 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,501 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 17:49

He would have been a good choice. Looks nothing like the guy of course but he would have been perfect at the womanising scenes.

The womanising scenes and everything else I imagine. Leonardo is a very good actor.

#13 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 18:22

The womanising scenes are probably the only reason they want to make a film with actors rather than a doc. In fact, those scenes are probably the only reason they want to make a film at all.

#14 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,146 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 18:36

The womanising scenes and everything else I imagine. Leonardo is a very good actor.

If it had been Leonardo they could have gotten Rosberg to do the stunt-double as Rosberg (with his new image) suddenly looks like Leonardo.

#15 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:03

Oh Dear...Our man is rolling over on his budgies now.
I gave up on this one immediately after reading the opening line of his biography
"Alexander Richard "Alex" Pettyfer (born 10 April 1990) is an English actor and model. He appeared in school plays "

Damn this X-Factor bull$hit society
Jp

Doesn´t quite have the aura, does he?

#16 CSquared

CSquared

• 674 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 19:36

Heath Ledger would have been good.

Sounds like it could end up an "adult" movie: http://jalopnik.com/...acing-libertine

#17 Garagiste

Garagiste

• 3,799 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 20:09

So who will play Barry Sheene? A move about my two childhood heros has so much potential, but best not to get too excited I suppose.

#18 JockinSA

JockinSA

• 127 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 20:20

And where are they going to find all of the cars to wreck?
Ahoy out there, get your cars together and pay off your mortgages, but make sure you retain scrap rights.

#19 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 17:53

1. Hunt's McLaren did not provoke the crash, as determined by Italian court.
2. His embolism was not due to "mistreatment", no one can control a fat embolism after injury. Yes, he died because of the accident.
3. Brambilla, not Rega
4. The only reason why Patrese got 6 wins in F1 over 256 races is by hanging around as the perpetual second banana and occasionally lucking into a win.
5. Hunt, Lauda and many other drivers hated Patrese for his erratic starts prior to this event, he would block and weave all over the place.

All racing movies suck.

Advertisement

#20 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 17:55

So who will play Barry Sheene? A move about my two childhood heros has so much potential, but best not to get too excited I suppose.

Posted Image

#21 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:41

Posted Image

Martin?? to play Bazza?....some likeness there....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0293509/

Edited by 275 GTB-4, 24 December 2010 - 11:57.

#22 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,888 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:40

Regarding Alex Pettyfer, I've seen one movie with him in, Stormbreaker, he was 14-ish there, a pretty good actor already then.

#23 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:51

It's funny that people write off Pettyfer, and others suggest the likes of Heath Ledger. While Ledger would have indeed been very good, he got his start in one of Australia's soap operas, Home and Away, which is of very low quality to begin with. Yet he managed to pull off one of the scariest villains since Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs and made Jack-freaking-Nicholson's interpretation of the Joker look like a buffoon. So I see no reason why Pettyfer couldn't pull off James Hunt. Hunt was an interesting enough character in his own right that any actor with respectable acting chops could sink himself into. Plus, you'd have him interacting with the Laudas and Villeneuves of the grid. In the right hands, they're really come across as the Rat Pack of motorsports.

I'd be much more concerned if they were lining up the likes of Robert Patterson for the role.

#24 armchair expert

armchair expert

• 1,936 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:22

It's funny that people write off Pettyfer, and others suggest the likes of Heath Ledger. While Ledger would have indeed been very good, he got his start in one of Australia's soap operas, Home and Away, which is of very low quality to begin with. Yet he managed to pull off one of the scariest villains since Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs and made Jack-freaking-Nicholson's interpretation of the Joker look like a buffoon. So I see no reason why Pettyfer couldn't pull off James Hunt. Hunt was an interesting enough character in his own right that any actor with respectable acting chops could sink himself into. Plus, you'd have him interacting with the Laudas and Villeneuves of the grid. In the right hands, they're really come across as the Rat Pack of motorsports.

I'd be much more concerned if they were lining up the likes of Robert Patterson for the role.

Apparently, Patterson (Pattinson?) will be playing Kurt Cobain in a crime against humanity.

#25 CSquared

CSquared

• 674 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 21:23

The reaction here would likely have been much the same if Ledger had been proposed while he was on the soap opera. I don't think anyone knew at the time he'd actually turn into a great actor. Just like people are doubtful of Pettyfer now (though I'd like the record to show I'm not one of them. I have no opinion either way. I just thought of Ledger as a good actor who physically looked a bit like Hunt.).

You bring up, for me, a much more worrying point: who's going to play Lauda?

#26 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,048 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 21:45

Regarding Alex Pettyfer, I've seen one movie with him in, Stormbreaker, he was 14-ish there, a pretty good actor already then.

Ya know you're right.
I should give the kid a chance before consigning him to the dustbin of talent.

However..
Let's see how far the Green Light on this picture lasts.
Jp

Edited by jonpollak, 23 December 2010 - 21:45.

#27 Garagiste

Garagiste

• 3,799 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 22:10

Micheal Sheene leaps to mind, he's got an incredibly chameleonic face!

#28 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:04

Get Nathan Fillion in there somewhere. Maybe as Gilles Villeneuve.

Posted Image

Not much in the way of physical resemblance (a bit of make-up wouldn't hurt), but he is Canadian. And more importantly, he can act. Everything from Firefly to Castle and even Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. That's what the producers and directors of a James Hunt film should be going for: people who can act. I'd rather see James Hunt played by an actor who looks nothing like him than by someone who is spot-on in the looks department but is about as convincing as a stone. That goes for all the actors.

#29 TheNewStig

TheNewStig

• 557 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:23

Agree,the only one who look like James Hunt is Freddy Hunt.
But a good movie need to have the best actors,not the best lookalikes.

#30 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:07

You think?? as James the younger maybe....how about John Corbett....if you could teach him to drive and talk Brit...he mighten be half bad as James :cool:

http://www.google.co...t...021&bih=492

#31 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,417 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 23:00

Christian Bale as Hunt.

He has the same build and with long hair and getting "in character", I bet he could pull it off well.

#32 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 16,473 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 23:16

"All offspring look alike but some work and some don't," said lead author James Hunt, currently a visiting scholar at the National Evolutionary Synthesis Center in Durham, NC.

http://www.scienceda...00519173104.htm

#33 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 16,473 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 23:23

Errr..... the dangers of googling :blush:

http://www.saintvesp...m/jameshunt.htm

#34 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,129 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 17:33

Posted Image

this must have sold the idea... but think is going to be crap... Kimi would be the only credible star actor

Kimi can't even play a racing driver believably.

#35 ivandjj

ivandjj

• 107 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 14:56

5. Hunt, Lauda and many other drivers hated Patrese for his erratic starts prior to this event, he would block and weave all over the place.

Established stars hated Patrese because he was younger, faster and couldn't be intimidated. Blocking and weaving wouldn't play a role if he was 3 laps down.

Patrese also brought karting mentality to f1. But thats the way they all drive today, so you can credit him as a man ahead of his time too.

Hunt story has great tv potential indeed. In fact there might be enough material to make 20 hour series out of it :smoking:

#36 HPT

HPT

• 2,086 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:25

Apparently, Patterson (Pattinson?) will be playing Kurt Cobain in a crime against humanity.

I really don't get this hate for actors just because of certain roles they've played previously. A lot of my friends are the same way too. Does it make a man less macho if he liked the Twilight movies? Is it fashionable to hate Pattinson because he starred in said movies? I even have a friend who pretends to hate the Titanic movie even though he actually loved it (he confessed to me when he was drunk sometime ago).

There is no reason why Pattinson couldn't play Cobain. I for one would watch it and wait for it to actually suck before blaming the actor for ruining it.

#37 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,048 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:50

Here is your thread for "RUSH". The movie currently being made about mid seventies era Hunt/Lauda
Jp