Photo

Kobayashi to Redbull in 2012 Breaking News!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:05

I was at the Turkey GP, got into the redbull party,

Christian Horner was joking with Kobayashi at a Turkey after race party bash. Christian stepped out of his Redbull motorhome and had a intensve discussion with Kobayashi, one of the engineers who was pissed walk my way with his crew and let it slip Kobayashi is looking a strong bet for 2012 in place of Webber.

I expect to be a big story in about 24 hours.

Kobayashi OVERTAKER ENTERTAINER, THAT'S HOW HE ROLLS!!!

Kobayashi I saw him, he was pissed but still competitive, as he overtook me to get a advantage at the free drinks table. What a competitor and fantastic personality. :up: :smoking:

Edited by SeanValen, 08 May 2011 - 21:07.

Advertisement

#2 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,648 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:11

Well that's a scoop if true. Surprised your sober enough to be able to type. ;)

#3 Wi000

Wi000

• 1,163 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:12

It's probably bollocks but why not.
Koba will be certainly cheaper than the alternatives Massa, Lewis, Rosberg and he'll be great as a back-up to their #1 driver.

Koba in a Red Bull starting low down the grid is a recipe for entertainment. :up:

#4 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:14

you make me laugh...

but if this is true... God let's hope it is!

Did Joe Saward join the conversation as well?

Edited by glorius&victorius, 08 May 2011 - 21:15.

#5 Coral

Coral

• 6,727 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:16

Oh wow I really do hope this is true. I really rate Kobayashi, he is fantastic to watch. I think he could well be the first Japanese WDC, all he needs is a competitive car. And I would like to see someone challenge Vettel at RBR because Webber is just a waste of that seat IMHO.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :up:

#6 nbhb

nbhb

• 903 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:16

There are managers to discuss this things. OMG guys. BTW I saw Domenicalli with Shumacher. What this that means? Shumi at Ferrari :lol:

Edited by nbhb, 08 May 2011 - 21:17.

#7 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:17

I really doubt if is true.. otherwise someone would have written something here.. http://twitter.jamesallenonf1.com/

But once again I pray for it to be true.... if you are a top team... you get your next big talent at Peter Sauber.

#8 Wi000

Wi000

• 1,163 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:18

Yep but he was pushing Liuzzi for 2012 but you know that is just how Joe rolls.  ;)

#9 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 12,548 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:18

Awesome :lol:

You didn't manage to get some drunk Koba pictures did you?

#10 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:23

It's probably bollocks but why not.
Koba will be certainly cheaper than the alternatives Massa, Lewis, Rosberg and he'll be great as a back-up to their #1 driver.

Koba in a Red Bull starting low down the grid is a recipe for entertainment. :up:

The KOBRA as his friends call him, he like a snake, silent but ready for the poision AND THEN BITE!

PROCESSIONAL RACING IS A DISEASE
MEET THE CURE
BEFORE DRS AND KERS
THERE WAS THE KOBRA

Well that's a scoop if true. Surprised your sober enough to be able to type.;)

Someone else is typing for me, I left strict instructions in order of my sobriety demise to have a trusted aid to dictate too. If your gonna say goodbye to some long serving braincells, might as well prepare ahead and keep the atlas forums updated, that's HOW US ATLAS F1 FORUMERS ROLL!!!

you make me laugh...

but if this is true... God let's hope it is!

I think Joe was the first one to hit the redbull bunks, Webber outdrank him.

Kobayashi likes Stella, he cracks me up, I think he's Aryton Senna's spiritial stand up comedian prophet and messenger.

Edited by SeanValen, 08 May 2011 - 21:33.

#11 jerriy

jerriy

• 282 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:26

Good news. Kobi deserves a superior car. Better him than one of those second-rate drivers with a bag full of (sponsorship or other kind of) cash

I know money is important but imo the better drivers should have the better cars if this autoSPORT wants to remain a legitimate sport.

Edited by jerriy, 08 May 2011 - 21:28.

#12 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,507 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:29

The Last Atlas Hero has a new champion??? Say it ain't so! :eek:

#13 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:34

I expect to be a big story in about 24 hours.

It's way too early in the season to announce Webber's replacement, unless Kamui has other team boss running after his signature.

#14 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:39

Everyone likes Kobayashi, he brings some community drinking loyality to the fanbases around the world. Any fan of other drivers have to like Kobayashi, its part of the parcel now. Is it is written in f1 fan law which I writ about 10 seconds ago, in the braincells which have been stamped and sent to the corner of no name at Spa, where every f1 fan's braincells go after much needed celebrations, :smoking:
anyone who don't like Kobayashi is BIG BUZZ KILL and don't roll with the rest of us. :smoking: :smoking:

Edited by SeanValen, 08 May 2011 - 21:40.

#15 Professor Arturo

Professor Arturo

• 240 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 21:42

How drunk is the OP :drunk:

#16 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,050 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:13

Hey Sean, hope you enjoyed the party, jealous! :wave: Lots of Voddy RBs going down sounds like!

As for Koba at RB, I can only add to the chorus of approval, love the guy. Also got a soft spot for Webber but he had the best chance he's gonna get last year and blew it. And this year seems to have mysteriously lost 4 tenths to Sebastian.

#17 Checobayashi

Checobayashi

• 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:14

... one of the engineers who was pissed walk my way with his crew and let it slip Kobayashi is looking a strong bet for 2012 in place of Webber.

Potentially the engineer is just another hopeful KK fan.

Anywho, awesome if true

#18 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:16

More drinks to sell in Japan than in Australia :wave:

But yeah, he's good. Just not that good in my opinion :)

#19 Imperial

Imperial

• 4,820 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:30

I do recall seeing Horner chatting (openly) to Kob earlier in the weekend too. He isn't the deal-maker though.

I'd be surprised in the extreme if Koboyashi was enjoying more than one bottle of alcohol too.

Advertisement

#20 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 22:34

How do you get into the party ?

#21 911

• 2,227 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:23

Well, this would be great news for KK and his fans. IMO, I think he'll stay with Sauber for at least another year. He's only 24 and he can still learn a lot from Peter.

Edited by 911, 09 May 2011 - 00:19.

#22 Totza

Totza

• 453 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 00:15

The thought of Vettel and Kobayashi battling out on track just thinking about it fills me with excitement lol if true it would it be awesome!

#23 sunnyAK

sunnyAK

• 103 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 00:38

kobayashi seems to be a cool guy. i always loved his driving style and as a vettel supporter i really would like to have a guy like kobayashi in his team. i have the feeling between him and vettel there would be a good mood, including joking etc.

so you were at an after race party were the drivers were too. damn, that´s great. lol i would have drank a few drinks with kobayashi, but i doubt he can handle half as much drinks as i can lol. all japanese guys i met by now were totally drunk after just two beers. :lol:

#24 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:04

What should the last Atlas Hero do when the old champion is really getting outdated?

Koba at RBR is a great idea anyway, unfortunately Webbo is really not holding his own this year.

#25 sunnyAK

sunnyAK

• 103 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:06

Also got a soft spot for Webber but he had the best chance he's gonna get last year and blew it. And this year seems to have mysteriously lost 4 tenths to Sebastian.

webber is a top qualifier, but with vettel he found his master concerning qualifying. he was used to being infront of his teammates, so since 2009 having a faster qualifier as teammate, is a new situation for him. however vettel was impetous and lost here and there points, but now with the title he is very confindent and more mature. vettel still can improve, as with 23 you have a few more years to come, until you reach your prime time and right now he is improving, this explains the 4 tenth webber lost to vettel.  ;)

vettel & kobayashi would be cool, but let´s wait and see.

#26 Jim Warbic

Jim Warbic

• 154 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:03

I am an absolute Webber diehard but I would love to see Kobayashi in a Red Bull. Vettel has always been slightly faster than Webber and I want Webber out of that team anyway. Roll on Kobayashi and his 'love tap' passing style. Love it.
Mr Valen I hope you were pissed but not overly so :p

#27 BennyJohnson

BennyJohnson

• 656 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:09

I'll believe it when they put pen to paper, otherwise, everything is just speculation, and drunken speculation at that.

#28 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:17

Good work Sean. :) :up:

:smoking:

#29 Ian G

Ian G

• 1,395 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:19

I'll believe it when they put pen to paper, otherwise, everything is just speculation, and drunken speculation at that.

Thats life as well as F-1,but after a period of relative calm i'm sure we are close to the traditional game of F-1 musical chairs and i'm also sure Mark-Kobayashi-Massa will be in the thick of it.My Niece is a Journo. and current thinking back here in Oz. is that Mark wants to stay but RB won't be making a decision until much later in the season so i guess we will all have to wait to see what unfolds.

Edited by Ian G, 09 May 2011 - 05:54.

#30 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:37

I am an absolute Webber diehard but I would love to see Kobayashi in a Red Bull. Vettel has always been slightly faster than Webber and I want Webber out of that team anyway. Roll on Kobayashi and his 'love tap' passing style. Love it.

+1

Big fan of Webber but his chance of a WDC with RBR has passed. KK in a Red Bull would be exciting!!

#31 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,953 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:28

Please let it be so. The field wouldnt see Kobayashi for dust in a competitive car! Only Vettel could keep him honest in a Red Bull methinks.

#32 ManiaMuse

ManiaMuse

• 246 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:43

What about Ricciardo then?

Is he destined for Torro Rosso instead of straight into the big team as some had speculated? Buemi and Algersuari are going to have to race hard every weekend for their seats. Buemi drove well at Turkey.

#33 Reverend

Reverend

• 278 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:45

lol! At the gullible people here :)

#34 Ali_G

Ali_G

• 32,908 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:08

- Y front
- Couch
- Frozen yoghurt

The above would have made sense if you were in chat this morning.

#35 Ali_G

Ali_G

• 32,908 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:09

Please let it be so. The field wouldnt see Kobayashi for dust in a competitive car! Only Vettel could keep him honest in a Red Bull methinks.

While Koba is very good at overtaking, I think he's be shown up for pace against Vettel.

#36 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:34

While Koba is very good at overtaking, I think he's be shown up for pace against Vettel.

I love KK and he would fit red bulls image PERFECTLY. But I think there's a good chance it will also show how underrated webber was when competing against vettel if KK gets blown away.

#37 Professor Arturo

Professor Arturo

• 240 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:51

lol! At the gullible people here :)

Indeed and it wasnt even slightly funny.

#38 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:53

Very hard time to believe it. Mark has steadily improved this season and the whole team seems to work better togheter. It would be plain stupid to ruin it. Why should RBR throw Mark out in good times, when they sticked with him in bad ones?

#39 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:00

I love KK and he would fit red bulls image PERFECTLY. But I think there's a good chance it will also show how underrated webber was when competing against vettel if KK gets blown away.

Actually - thats the precise reason I dont want Koba in RBR. Coz I can see the comments already " that Koba is unproven".
I say do a Massa - Webber swap and then see what happens , If Massa can't stay close while Webber can , it will prove Webber / Seb's credentials.

Advertisement

#40 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:09

I rather want to see Kobayashi at Mercedes!

But this is a good rumor for Kobayashi for sure.

Just hoping that he would not have to black nose around Vettel-Marko.

#41 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:16

Let me be the first to say to the OP.

Hey :wave:

Pretty big boozer last night, huh?

First things first: check your lower body for fresh tattoos.

I hear Horner does a badass Christopher Walken.

(Disclaimer) This would be awesome if it wasn't a dream you had last night....

Edited by gm914, 09 May 2011 - 09:17.

#42 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:23

anyone who don't like Kobayashi is BIG BUZZ KILL and don't roll with the rest of us. :smoking: :smoking:

Yo Brutha. How'd you get from Turkey to the Bronx in such little time? You must be rollin on a GaLLardo on 24's! :lol:

#43 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,507 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:52

What should the last Atlas Hero do when the old champion is really getting outdated?

I know. This, for me, is the point where Schumacher finally 'lost it'. :stoned:

#44 george1981

george1981

• 1,366 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:21

I believe everything except Kobayashi being pissed at an after race party mid-season. Except for one recent example F1 drivers rarely drink alcohol. After the last race of the season maybe but after 4 races?

#45 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 19:20

I think for Red Bull Japan it would be a huge coup - Dr. Helmut Marko should thank Sean Valen for proposing it and follow suit....

#46 Don_Humpador

Don_Humpador

• 2,223 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 19:21

I would dearly love this to happen but the OP really made me laugh :lol:

#47 muramasa

muramasa

• 8,479 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:09

I believe everything except Kobayashi being pissed at an after race party mid-season. Except for one recent example F1 drivers rarely drink alcohol. After the last race of the season maybe but after 4 races?

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://whiskylovers...._kobayashi.html

rough excerpt;
Q: When do you drink whiskey?
KK: When I want to relax. After one day of hard work, I often feel I want to switch it off, so I drink whiskey in such moment. At one time, I had a race that went well after drinking it just one glass the night before the race and being able to have good sleep, so since then I sometimes drink it pre-race Sat night.

Not to mention post race  ;)

Posted Image

He doesnt booze just in case, all of the above is truth of course, but all is meant to be kind of joke.

#48 Ian G

Ian G

• 1,395 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:03

Explains his driving style :lol: ,i'm sure he's heading for a top team more sooner than later but i don't think it will be RB but stranger things have happened.

#49 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:39

what's with rookie drivers that start at sauber and their drinking habits... :rotfl:

#50 Dunc

Dunc

• 919 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:15

I hope this is true. IMHO KK should be F1's hottest up-and-coming property right now. Anyone who can start last on the grid and finish in the points when they're driving a Sauber deserves respect.