Photo

Exhaust over-run ban discussion (merged)

• Please log in to reply
3514 replies to this topic

#3501 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,345 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:35

Question 1:
If Mclaren have got a Win at Silverstone.
Do you think the powers that be would be so willing reverse the rules to Valencia?

Question 2:
If anyway there was a push by some teams to reverse the rules to Valencia, what you think would be the Mclaren position?

Advertisement

#3502 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 11,799 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:04

The objective was to disturb the apple cart since otherwise Vettel will win by Summer, and we know sponsors and public don't like that.

The issue started when the apple cart changed in such a way that the Darling British Team was found to be the worse off.

Ahaha! the Darling British Team can't loose anything in Secretary only changes are to be for win...so ...well ...we are back to normal.
If it was darling McLaren wining in Silverstone the new rules wouldn't be back to Valencia.
Since it was Ferrari they will.

It has nothing to do with who won, the agreement was reached before the race. Once again: http://adamcooperf1....sauber-sign-up/

#3503 topical

topical

• 2,815 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:08

It's a disgrace that Red Bull instead of hearing applause for the great car they've built were about to be punished because of doing a better job than others which, funnily, is what it all should be about at the end of the day.

You seem to have a very naive idea of what F1 is about. First and foremost it is a marketing exercise whose main ability to attract the public is putting on a good show. The opposite of a good show is when one team or driver dominates. All these regulation changes are not done in the interest of sporting purity, but trying to stop the public from drifting away. Just like the highly degradable tyres, DRS etc have nothing to do with sport and all about putting on a good show.

#3504 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 10,824 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:14

Regarding Renault de-tuning their engine, they were lucky this was a wet/cool weekend. Had this been Bahrain or other, they would have really been screwed for cooling.

Surely the cars of RBR and Renault would still navigate at similar speed to Hispania and within 107% even at 570 hp?

Lotus would not fare so well though...

Edited by V8 Fireworks, 11 July 2011 - 07:15.

#3505 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,345 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:27

It has nothing to do with who won, the agreement was reached before the race.

Hint...What were the results from the training seasons? Did Mclaren made a nice figure or it was more than a second far?

#3506 tass

tass

• 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:37

Going back to Valencia spec means that for the rest of the season they'll have to use that exact spec, or it simply means that every team will blow as much as they want, as if this farce never happened?

If it's the former I think it's unfair to the teams that are behind in the developement of the EBD...

#3507 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,816 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:09

So Ferrari actually NEVER refused agreeing in the meetings. it was just that the 2 guys at the meeting had to report back to Stefano, before doing anything.

#3508 OwenC93

OwenC93

• 1,850 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 18:46

I found it funny that Renault and Merc required these methods for reliability, but the one car that blew up on Sunday was a Ferrari engine.

#3509 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 11,799 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 22:07

Hint...What were the results from the training seasons? Did Mclaren made a nice figure or it was more than a second far?

Ferrari did not look all that improved in qualifying, so you and I are both half right I guess :kiss:

So Ferrari actually NEVER refused agreeing in the meetings. it was just that the 2 guys at the meeting had to report back to Stefano, before doing anything.

Exactly.

Going back to Valencia spec means that for the rest of the season they'll have to use that exact spec, or it simply means that every team will blow as much as they want, as if this farce never happened?

If it's the former I think it's unfair to the teams that are behind in the developement of the EBD...

It means that everyone can run what they want but they cannot change the map between quali and race.

Edited by KnucklesAgain, 11 July 2011 - 22:10.

#3510 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 14:12

Does anyone understands what Parr is actually saying (other than that this contraversy is good)? I am lost in his analogy to DDD of last year. That protest claim was issued quite early in the season, whereas this one is late. Moreover, FiA did not yield last year, whereas now we heard every two hours a new tune. I am not sure what his point is.

Edited by Sakae, 13 July 2011 - 14:13.

#3511 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 14:34

Parr is angry that:
- the protest lodged by this famous fast car designer had no mercy to the way Williams spend resources in making their racing car go fast,
- and the same person now complains that the resource they spend justify that he blowing should be allowed.
- Parr says that he does not like hypocrisy, seen and can be exemplified in this person's behavior.

#3512 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 14:42

Protest over protest. Is this useful or confusing? Is last year and this year comparable? What Mr. Parr has accomplished by rasing this protest so late in the season, and what it does to fans? Vettels said that (some?) driver's aren't sure what this is all about (in terms of technical complexity).

Edited by Sakae, 13 July 2011 - 14:42.

#3513 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 16:12

hot & cold blowing :cat:

#3514 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 11,799 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 20:55

I totally agree with Parr (http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/93059 for those who haven't seen it)

Edit: and I particularly appreciate the frank language

Edited by KnucklesAgain, 13 July 2011 - 21:01.

#3515 cdracer

cdracer

• 163 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:26

http://imageshack.us...99thonger01.jpg

nice pic of a blown defuser