Photo

Would you sign Robert Kubica?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you sign Robert Kubica? (187 member(s) have cast votes)

Abolutely yes! He has already proven that he is a top driver, no one better available, where should I sign?

1. Sure! He was fast before the accident, if the doctors say that he is fit, and all simulators and test drives in old cars confirm it, why not when nobody better available? (94 votes [50.27%])

Percentage of vote: 50.27%

2. Don't believe that he can be as good as he was before, must see at least him some races in lower series. (18 votes [9.63%])

Percentage of vote: 9.63%

3. Hmm... liked him, but that was an awfull accident. Let him prove in some midfielder, if he delievers, I can wait this year with testing some rookie or midfield driver. (41 votes [21.93%])

Percentage of vote: 21.93%

4. No chance. I will be better with some investion in a promising rookie, or reliable and prover experienced driver. (23 votes [12.30%])

Percentage of vote: 12.30%

5. I have a top driver already, the second driver will be No.2, really don't need RK. (6 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

6. I have a top driver already, the second driver will be No.2, RK would be ideal. (5 votes [2.67%])

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 23:12

I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. I'd be willing to sign him if, and only if he makes a successful recovery in another team first. Then again, I don't think any of my rivals (from the POV of a top team manager) would sign him in the first place so the only seats available to him would be midfield teams like Renault, Mercedes, Sauber, Force India, Williams.

Those kinds of injuries are very serious and a top team offering big bucks for his services right after rehab would be foolish to do so.

Edited by slmk, 03 June 2011 - 23:13.

Advertisement

#52 Bernoulli

Bernoulli

• 125 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:51

Yes, class is permanent.

#53 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:08

Testing role first to see how he does.

#54 differential

differential

• 454 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:09

Yes, class is permanent.

Sorry, but I'm yet to see what constitutes this. One excellent year doesnt= class. Needs to be done over a period of time.

#55 Hippo

Hippo

• 2,378 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:13

No. Let someone else try the gamble. There are plenty good drivers that would want to join my hypothetical top team.

#56 santori

santori

• 4,108 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:33

Having a responsibility to the rest of my company, I'd have to be be concerned about his condition (even without the injuries, a long break from racing isn't ideal) but I'd certainly be eager to sign him.

If the doctors say that he is fit, and all simulators and test drives in old cars confirm it, then at worst he could be considered equal to an exceptionally promising rookie.

#57 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,069 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:38

Lets get real. The poor bloke suffered huge injuries and even IF he heals remotely normal again he will be unfit and 12 months out of a car. IF he heals ok he may do some testing next year, or maybe a lesser series to get race fit again.
Mark Webber struggled after smashing his leg, and Robert has smashed legs and arms so lets get real about racing at the front in F1 next year. It aint gunna happen.
Let him get back to normal life first, and then maybe 2013 if he is lucky enough to get a seat.
And I would suggest that rallying would be harder on the body than F1, not the G forces ofcourse but the constant pounding and steering corrections to keep a rally car on course.

#58 KoezhVukotic

KoezhVukotic

• 235 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:41

Yes, class is permanent.

You obviously haven't been watching Schumacher these last two seasons.
There are so many other examples too, notably Graham Hill

Edited by KoezhVukotic, 05 June 2011 - 10:42.

#59 BRAZILIAN FAN

BRAZILIAN FAN

• 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 13:07

Let say we believe (for a moment:) ) some totally unreliable rumours, that seem to suggest that Robert Kubica is now a free agent, and let say that we believe, that on some moment, Kubica will be fit enough to drive an F1 car (what we all really hope). No matter when, be it the end of this year, 2012, or even 2013.
So, the question, and the content of the poll is:
You are chief of a top team, be it RB, McLaren or Ferrari, it doesn't matter, and you have a free seat because, Hamilton went to RB/Massa went to another team/Button went to Ferrari/Webber went to Williams, whatever, you have now one top driver, and a free seat, and only some rookies (lower serries,other mid/backfield team F1) and expierienced drivers (like Trulli, Webber, Barrichello) are available for the second seat.
Would you sign now Robert, and if yes, in which situation?

I don't think he was so good... in my opinion he was much overestimated ...the main problem of Renault is the car itself...