Photo

Jedi Mk 4 who designed it and where was it built ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 18:54

Posted Image

The Jedi website is under reconstruction at the moment, I wonder if any one can tell me who was responsible for the design of the Jedi Mk 4 and where Jedi Cars are based ?

Relevant answers may be used and credited on a forth coming blog.

Thanking you in anticipation of your responses.

Advertisement

#2 Geoff E

Geoff E

• 1,530 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 19:19

Address and phone http://www.192.com/a...714d2877d8b/ml/

#3 simonlewisbooks

simonlewisbooks

• 2,118 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 20:33

John Corbin was the founder/designer/builder/leading driver when these cars were dominant in the 500 and 1100 classes in hillclimbing.

#4 JMH

JMH

• 62 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 20:58

John, like David Gould, cut his teeth building a Terrapin (John had the Ex Dave Gould BDA in the back of his for a while). When people started putting bike engines in Terrapins (& going indecently quick) John had the bright idea of bringing 500 design into the 20th C & ended up injecting new life into the class, dominating it for several years in the process. Amateurs turned successful pros, who learned an awful lot from the "Guru" Allan Staniforth.

JH

#5 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:17

Thanks for your responses Geoff E, Simon and JMH I'll link the blog when it gets posted tonight :up:

#6 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 23:55

Thanks for your responses Geoff E, Simon and JMH I'll link the blog when it gets posted tonight :up:

Jedi Mk 4 Blog.

#7 TonyCotton

TonyCotton

• 65 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:59

It's John Corbyn, not John Corbin (sorry, don't mean to be a pedant.).

I think John might also have been inspired a little bit by the odd JW4 that appeared back on the hills in the early 80's.

The other thing I recall is that when I was on the 500 Owner's Association committee in the 80's and 90's, John introduced a really likeable chap who joined the committee who had had an input into the design - whether it was just geometry or the entire design I can't remember. If Duncan Rabagliatti has got any old minutes I suspect he could sort out the name.

Pic is of course, Tim Cameron's stylish example. The Camerons ran 5 Jedis for various family members in one race.

#8 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 14:00

It's John Corbyn, not John Corbin (sorry, don't mean to be a pedant.).

I think John might also have been inspired a little bit by the odd JW4 that appeared back on the hills in the early 80's.

The other thing I recall is that when I was on the 500 Owner's Association committee in the 80's and 90's, John introduced a really likeable chap who joined the committee who had had an input into the design - whether it was just geometry or the entire design I can't remember. If Duncan Rabagliatti has got any old minutes I suspect he could sort out the name.

Pic is of course, Tim Cameron's stylish example. The Camerons ran 5 Jedis for various family members in one race.

Thanks Tony I'll amend Johns name :up:

#9 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 15:25

The Jedi website is under reconstruction at the moment

You remind me of the Blonde staring at the bottle of detergent and when asked why replied "Because it says "concentrate"" ...

That website has been like that for many years, try here ...

http://www.formulajedi.com/series.php

#10 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 16:44

You remind me of the Blonde staring at the bottle of detergent and when asked why replied "Because it says "concentrate"" ...

That website has been like that for many years, try here ...

http://www.formulajedi.com/series.php

Reminder too self get a bottle of peroxide when I next visit Tesco's :wave: