Battle of the Teammates - Brazil Results

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Apex

Apex

• 2,419 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:43

Hello again!

So that was it then, the 2011 Formula One Season and the second season of the Battle of the Teammates!

Now, lets have a look at the stats for this round first:

Posted Image

The Hamilton-Button roller coaster ride continues, this time with Hamilton on a high. Elsewhere, Senna and Barrichello gains some support. Home field advantage perhaps?

Next we have the stats for the entire season.

Posted Image

What we can see here is that the drivers perceived to be underdogs still don't get much support despite the new points system. Perhaps I need to adjust the driver values further. Also it seems like experience might be slightly overvalued with drivers like Heidfeld and Kobayashi dominating this statistic despite repeatedly failing to live up to the expectations.

Anyhow, let's move on to the race results.

Posted Image

The biggest surprise in light of the actual results earlier in the season was probably Webber's win. However, judging by our guesses, Button's, Liuzzi's and d'Ambrosio's wins were even bigger surprises.

Below I have compiled a table of all the results from this season with last years results included for comparison.

Posted Image

The biggest change has happened in Team Lotus where Kovalainen crushed Trulli this year after a fairly even battle last year.

And now we can move on to the important part.

This week we have two winners: sheivlak and Grayson. Well done! :clap:

In third place you'll find your humble game host. Yippeee!!!

Posted Image

The average score this week was on the lower side again despite the average value of the winning drivers increasing from 3.46 to 3.71.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, we have reached the climax of the season. Our new champion is...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Grayson!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Finally we have the totally unofficial medal table:

Posted Image

Edited by Apex, 01 December 2011 - 21:11.

Advertisement

#2 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:17

I'm glad Bernie E wasn't involved in setting this game's rules, or Dispenser's win on the medals table would have handed him the title...

What we can see here is that the drivers perceived to be underdogs still don't get much support despite the new points system. Perhaps I need to adjust the driver values further.

I thought that the points system was pretty good at the start of the season, and it definitely added an incentive to try to have a more imaginative guess at the winner... By the end most of the teams seem to have settled into a bit more of a balance where one driver was either dominating the other (Vettel, Kovi) or where the drivers' points were so even that we could just guess the driver we thought had the better chance (McLaren, etc). There's probably no way around that, though, as no points system can make the sport itself less predictable!

#3 Estwald

Estwald

• 4,442 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:29

Yet another win for Grayson :clap:

Thanks for running the game Apex :up:

As for the point values, some pairings(ie Vettel/Webber) were so one-sided that even the extra points possible often didn't seem worth the risk, imo. So maybe a slight increase for the underdog's value