Photo

Why has Schumacher become such a car breaker?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Schumacher a car breaker (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Is he?

1. yes (13 votes [28.26%])

Percentage of vote: 28.26%

2. no (33 votes [71.74%])

Percentage of vote: 71.74%

Vote

#1 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 13:46

A little provocative headline but, isn't it weird that his car is breaking every race while other cars in general have become much more reliable in the last 10 years. In Ferrari time it was usually Rubens whose car fell apart. Is it the fault of driver, mechanics, or what? At least 10 years ago his fans claimed here that Kimi is a car breaker.

Advertisement

#2 Spa One

Spa One

• 348 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 14:00

Random chance, stochasticity, and nothing more.

#3 Cavani

Cavani

• 905 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 14:03

just bad luck , there is no such thing as car breaker , the throttle , brakes and steering . as long as he is not overrevving the engine , and doesnt lock his rear brakes every other corner . he is not a car breaker

#4 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,730 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 14:21

5/10. Needs more polemic, false assumptions, pretended genuine concern. Like the poll option.

#5 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 14:33

Of course it was Schumacher's fault in Montreal. He was pushing that DRS button way to firmly. If only he would have used a lighter touch.

#6 dau

dau

• 5,373 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 14:39

Of course it was Schumacher's fault in Montreal. He was pushing that DRS button way to firmly. If only he would have used a lighter touch.

Yea, he probably just jammed the button on his wheel by using way too much force. Happens to me too sometimes. I just hit a key on my keyboard and suddenly it's just stuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
kkkkkkkkkk.

#7 Mila

Mila

• 8,564 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 14:48

L'Oreal shampoo was found in the DRS hydraulics.

:)

Edited by Mila, 12 June 2012 - 14:49.

#8 spacekid

spacekid

• 3,143 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 14:54

Yes of course Michael is a car breaker. His thumb was much too hard on the button.

In previous races he also ruined his DRS with his clumsy thumb, and over aggresive driving forced his wheel nut to fail in a pitstop. He also broke the laws of physics by over revving a gearbox in a fly by wire system.

I'm tired of hearing this line too that 'Michaels fans all said Rubens/Kimi/Insert random name here was a car breaker, so eat crow suckers!!' Its pathetic.
Why do F1 'fans' have to consistnely pitch against one another like this? How about a communal love and enjoyment of the sport without having to behave like 5 year olds?

The quality of threads/debate on this forum is rapidly becoming as much of a joke as Mercedes quality control, and I'm tired of feigning respect for this sort of rubbish. :down:

Where is the quality debate?

Edited by spacekid, 12 June 2012 - 14:57.

#9 genespleen

genespleen

• 408 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 15:01

A ridiculous faux "provocative" adjective. As anyone who paid even slight attention to F1 during the 1990s and 00s would know, Schumacher is historically easy on the car. Besides, it's the responsibility of the team to deliver a car that can hold up even to rough treatment.

In the early 1990s, when F Williams was asked whether he should ask Mansell--who *was* known as being tough on the car--if he should ask Mansell to go easier, FW said--I paraphrase--"Absolutely not--it's OUR job to build a car he can drive in his way."

Such a silly thread...

#10 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,730 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 15:03

Why has Mercedes become such a Schumacher-breaker

#11 Garagiste

Garagiste

• 3,799 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 15:16

He's misplaced his load bearing Elvis.

#12 Owen

Owen

• 13,178 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 15:33

Karma is trying to tell him something.

#13 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 15:35

It is actually quite hard for driver to break a modern F1 car unless hits something or like Massa uses way too much kerb.
Much as I think Schumacher is bed-blocking a seat a younger driver could make better use of if you leave aside his mini spate of breaking front wings by running into the back of slower card he has never been a car breaker
But as Brundle always said ( nearly always about. Coulthard) " A driver has to make his own luck" , Schumacher has simply exhausted the the big bucket of luck he had in his younger days.

If he puts too much pressure the Mercedes team it will be counter productive and more mistakes are likely to occur on both for him and Rosberg. We are now at a stage in the season where the team should give priority to Rosberg with whom in a pot luck season they could just about stand an chance of doing well in both championships.

Of course somebody will suggest Schumacher's Merc is fitted with the mythical mechanical excuse button but even Schumacher non-fan that I am wouldn't believe that one.

#14 HuddersfieldTerrier1986

HuddersfieldTerrier1986

• 2,726 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 15:53

Bizarre question, especially if you're purely talking about mechanical issues. Let's look at his retirements this season.

Australia: Gearbox after 10 racing laps plus some practice and qualifying laps. Schumacher a car breaker? No.
China: Loose wheel caused by pitstop error. Schumacher a car breaker? No.
Spain: Crash. Schumacher a car breaker? No.
Monaco: Fuel Pressure. Schumacher a car breaker? No.
Canada: DRS stuck open. Schumacher a car breaker? No.

#15 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 15:55

Where is the quality debate?

Good question. Not here.

Thread closed.