Photo

Kimi vs Grosjean 2012 [merged]

• Please log in to reply
1323 replies to this topic

Poll: Kimi vs Grosjean 2012 [merged] (308 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will score first so much desired win for Lotus team?

1. Kimi (186 votes [60.59%])

Percentage of vote: 60.59%

2. Romain (82 votes [26.71%])

Percentage of vote: 26.71%

3. They won't win (39 votes [12.70%])

Percentage of vote: 12.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 btrader

btrader

• 148 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:02

Lotus look good both drivers look Good, the battle should look good.

I think the battle would be something along the lines of Kimi out qualifying Grosjean most of the times but Grosjean managing his tyres better and beating Kimi somettimes.

Kimi should win over the course of the season. Grosjean does not really impress me though.

Advertisement

#2 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:07

http://forums.autosp...;hl=kimi romain

#3 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:08

I think the battle would be something along the lines of Kimi out qualifying Grosjean most of the times but Grosjean managing his tyres better and beating Kimi somettimes.

Kimi should win over the course of the season. Grosjean does not really impress me though.

i expect the opposite actually when it comes to Quali/Race...i think at the start of the season RG may just be a little ahead when it comes to Qualfying but expect it to level out once Kimi gets through a couple of weekends..

Theres no one better than KR when it comes to managing the tires..i dont think he'll get beat on raceday by RG..and i actually rate the latter very highly..one of my favourites.

#4 Jejking

Jejking

• 3,111 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:33

Same here. Kimi has quite a good time still ahead of him, just like Grosjean, but the latter I find a big questionmark how good he really is!

#5 LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

• 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:39

i expect the opposite actually when it comes to Quali/Race...i think at the start of the season RG may just be a little ahead when it comes to Qualfying but expect it to level out once Kimi gets through a couple of weekends..

Theres no one better than KR when it comes to managing the tires..i dont think he'll get beat on raceday by RG..and i actually rate the latter very highly..one of my favourites.

If you look at the race simulations they did in Barcelona you'll notice that Romain conserved his tires even better than Kimi.

I also don't understand the logic behind saying Raikonnen will get better compared to Romain as the season progresses. Sure, Kimi was away for two years, but Romain hasn't raced in a while either, and he's far more inexperienced and thus has more room for improvement.

Romain is a very talented driver and I would not be in the least bit surprised if he beat Kimi. It would be good for Lotus, and for Formula 1.

#6 Oho

Oho

• 11,801 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:18

It would be good for Lotus, and for Formula 1.

Why?

#7 Faupa

Faupa

• 66 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:14

Grosjean demonstrated his qualities in GP2, give him a break. Kimi is a totally unknown quality, he has been away from the sport whilst DRS and KERS have evolved and Kimi has been throwing rally cars around gravel and tarmac with, for a beginner, a commendable amount of success. Yet his outright spirit of competitiveness is undoubted. I loved watching him shove Schumacher to the infield when Schumacher tried a " lean on" tactic during Kimi's first year at Maclaren.

Renault is in rebuilding mode. I hope they get some podiums this year.

Having worked in pit lane for the last 12 years I must say Renault actually enjoy their racing the most, Red Bull is the best marketing of the brand, Ferrari the most passionate but disorganised, MacLaren the most disciplined but management top heavy, Mercedes the most technologically aware but frightened of taking " people" based "data" decisions and Williams the most dissapointing user of the facilities available to them.

My personal hope is that Catherham with the Renault/Red Bull gearbox package out scores the Williams Renault package. Now that Frank Willimans has stood down I trust that Williams will learn the lesson that drivers are important to the team and loyalty to them is vitally important

Sorry for the blurb but I truly hope that 2012 is a turning point in F1.

PS I hope that my billy will be paid before Melbourne as I would hate to withdraw my services and supplies on the eve of the first Grand Prix of 2012. Sadly it is not the Marussia, Catherham, and HRT who have not paid their bills on the 14 day basis on which my company trades.

Unless payment is made assets will be seized at the Australian Grand Prix

#8 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:37

Grosjean is coming out of GP2 just as hot as Hamilton did when Hamilton came into F1 and beat the reigning WDC.

#9 Andy865

Andy865

• 2,447 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:39

Grosjean is coming out of GP2 just as hot as Hamilton did when Hamilton came into F1 and beat the reigning WDC.

And just as hot as hulkenberg did, and got whacked by Rubens.

#10 metz

metz

• 15,844 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:43

It's not so much that Kimi has been away, it's more about the fact that Kimi has not driven a midfield car since his Sauber days.
He's had the best most of his carreer, now he needs to deal with a car and team not up to his potential.
There is no doubt he will drive the wheels off the thing anyway, but for how long? Will his frustration show?
For Grosjean this is all a step up. He has nothing to lose and nothing to prove. A win win for him.
The teamate battle will be interesting to watch. :smoking:

#11 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:44

I also don't understand the logic behind saying Raikonnen will get better compared to Romain as the season progresses. Sure, Kimi was away for two years, but Romain hasn't raced in a while either, and he's far more inexperienced and thus has more room for improvement.

Kimi hasn't been in a race in 2.5 years. Grosjean just dominated GP2 season. GP2 is identical to F1 in every respect except for a little bit of power and downforce. I couldn't disagree with you more. Even the tracks are the same. That said, Kimi seems to have alien talent of being fast no matter what -- I thinki he'll be fast right out of the gate anyway.

#12 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:46

I think Kimi will beat Grosjean but I don't think he'll he won't walk it like the bookies seem to think and possibly a few on this board.

#13 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:48

And just as hot as hulkenberg did, and got whacked by Rubens.

He has much more experience than Hulkenberg now, and between Rubens and Hulkenberg, Hulkenberg is the one sitting in a very competitive team now, whereas Rubens is sitting in Indycars.

#14 Oho

Oho

• 11,801 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:54

He's had the best most of his carreer

No **** Sherlock, I may have missed something important but I really cannot recall Räikkönen by any real stretch having the best for more than couple seasons and his last Ferrari was quite midfield for majority of the season and when he had the teams ear he sure as hell put in respectable effort.

Edited by Oho, 05 March 2012 - 13:56.

#15 metz

metz

• 15,844 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 13:58

No **** Sherlock, I may have missed something important but I really cannot recall Räikkönen by any real stretch having the best for more than couple seasons and his last Ferrari was quite midfield for majority of the season and when he had the teams ear he sure as hell put in respectable effort.

Any car that is podium or even win capable is not mid field.

#16 LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

• 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 14:11

Kimi has driven a midfield car since his Sauber days at least in early '04 and '09. So if/when Romain beats him that will not serve as an excuse.

#17 LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

• 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 14:16

Why?

I think F1 could use a new French superstar and Bernie would probably agree with me. Kimi is an important part of F1 history but Romain is the future.

#18 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,439 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 14:50

I will be supporting Grosjean in this team battle, I think he may just have what it takes.

If, and thats a very big if, he starts to beat Raikkonen on pure pace it will be interesting (and amusing) to see how both the fans and the team react, particularly considering the latters focus.

Edited by Kvothe, 05 March 2012 - 14:57.

#19 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 14:53

I'm guessing you dont really know that much about Grosjean

Advertisement

#20 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 14:56

I will be supporting Grosjean in this team battle, I think he may just have what it takes.

If, and thats a very big if, he starts to beat Raikkonen on pure pace it will be interesting (and amusing) to see how both the fans and the team reacts considering the latters focus.

What do you mean?

#21 Andy865

Andy865

• 2,447 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 14:57

OH GOD IT HAS BEGUN.

#22 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,953 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 14:58

Grosjean demonstrated his qualities in GP2, give him a break. Kimi is a totally unknown quality, he has been away from the sport whilst DRS and KERS have evolved and Kimi has been throwing rally cars around gravel and tarmac with, for a beginner, a commendable amount of success. Yet his outright spirit of competitiveness is undoubted. I loved watching him shove Schumacher to the infield when Schumacher tried a " lean on" tactic during Kimi's first year at Maclaren.

Renault is in rebuilding mode. I hope they get some podiums this year.

Having worked in pit lane for the last 12 years I must say Renault actually enjoy their racing the most, Red Bull is the best marketing of the brand, Ferrari the most passionate but disorganised, MacLaren the most disciplined but management top heavy, Mercedes the most technologically aware but frightened of taking " people" based "data" decisions and Williams the most dissapointing user of the facilities available to them.

My personal hope is that Catherham with the Renault/Red Bull gearbox package out scores the Williams Renault package. Now that Frank Willimans has stood down I trust that Williams will learn the lesson that drivers are important to the team and loyalty to them is vitally important

Sorry for the blurb but I truly hope that 2012 is a turning point in F1.

PS I hope that my billy will be paid before Melbourne as I would hate to withdraw my services and supplies on the eve of the first Grand Prix of 2012. Sadly it is not the Marussia, Catherham, and HRT who have not paid their bills on the 14 day basis on which my company trades.

Unless payment is made assets will be seized at the Australian Grand Prix

Interesting post :up:
I just dont know how to reply to it.

#23 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,991 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 15:01

Grosjean will give Kimi a run for his money, magnum and coke cans.

#24 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,439 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 15:02

What do you mean?

Well imo it seems like the Lotus team have been creating lot of publicity based around the fact Kimi is driving for the team (which is unsurprising considering how popular he is) espicially when compared to Grosjean. Considering that in its former incarnation the team was know to favour one driver (Alonso, Kubica) over the other, I just think it'd be interesting to see how the team reacts both on a team policy level and on a media one. I don't know what they'll do, and I'm making any predictions, I'm just curious.

Edited for extremely bad grammar.

Edited by Kvothe, 05 March 2012 - 15:03.

#25 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 15:03

McLaren and Ferrari are not midfield teams

#26 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 8,255 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 15:13

McLaren and Ferrari are not midfield teams

For everyone short of understanding: metz said "the best" and not "not midfield".

#27 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 15:44

For everyone short of understanding: metz said "the best" and not "not midfield".

Wasnt i backing him up? :confused:

#28 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 8,255 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 16:12

Wasnt i backing him up? :confused:

Yes, you were backing him up - in the wrong (in my view) assumption that Räikkönen always had the best cars, which he definitely hadn't (of course he didnt have crap cars either, but as far as we know this years Lotus is as good as some McLarens and better than his last Ferrari..).

#29 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 16:23

Grosjean will give Kimi a run for his money, magnum and coke cans.

I just saw a flying pig :lol:

#30 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 16:53

First of all I´ll say that I rate Grosjean as a future WDC. He´s an amazing driver he won everything on the low cat. and they gave him too early a F1 (he had any experience). Despite that on his first qualifying if I´m not wrong he was less than 3 tenths slow than Alonso on Q2)

Imo Grosjean will be the "rookie of the year" (well, despite being Alonso team mate for me he´s still a rookie), and he will clearly overpace Kimi. He has the talent to be the new "Alain Prost".

Edited by Alarcon, 05 March 2012 - 17:00.

#31 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 16:54

If you look at the race simulations they did in Barcelona you'll notice that Romain conserved his tires even better than Kimi.

Romain is a very talented driver and I would not be in the least bit surprised if he beat Kimi. It would be good for Lotus, and for Formula 1.

1.im not basing my prediction on some testing sessions like you but having avidly followed KR throughout his career,i know he's very very gentle on the tires...read some of the telemetry analysis that Hughes did on him,you'll know what im talking about.if you're not willing to do that ,then stop wasting my time.

2.the logic behind this is very simple to grasp...even for a very casual F1 fans..KR being driving rally cars for the last two years in gravel,snow etc...he has no prior experience of Pirellis..RG on the other hand was drvcing GP2 cars with identical/almost identical Pirellis...anybody can see which one will take longer to adjust.

3.i agree on Romain..he's a personal favourite and i honestly believe he's the next big thing...thats why i said i wouldnt be at all surprised if he beat Kimi in Qualifying during the first few races..but over the whole season?..no..i think Raikkonen will pull away..hes motivated,enthusiastic and on the look for bigger names in 2013..there is no stopping the Finn

Edited by grunge, 05 March 2012 - 16:55.

#32 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 16:55

Yes, you were backing him up - in the wrong (in my view) assumption that Räikkönen always had the best cars, which he definitely hadn't (of course he didnt have crap cars either, but as far as we know this years Lotus is as good as some McLarens and better than his last Ferrari..).

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions, i wish i had your crystal ball

#33 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,839 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:03

Grosjean by quite a large margin. Raikkonen is only there for the money, while Grosjean seems hyper-motivated. If I was a betting man, I'd bet on Raikkonen not completing the season due to lack of motivation.

Now I'm ready to be torn into by the army of Kimi fans.  ;)

#34 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:13

Grosjean by quite a large margin. Raikkonen is only there for the money, while Grosjean seems hyper-motivated. If I was a betting man, I'd bet on Raikkonen not completing the season due to lack of motivation.

Now I'm ready to be torn into by the army of Kimi fans. ;)

They're a decent bunch, the Kimi fans, if you were a betting man, and placed the bet you intimated at above, they might even throw you a few quid, you'd surely need it :)

#35 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,839 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:13

So you basically admit, that you made this post just to troll. Want to make a bet? You are out of here if Kimi wins and im out if Grosjean wins.

No, I'm not a troll. I'm just expressing my frustration that one can't say anything negative about Kimi without being set upon by fanatical supporters. Oh wait - you are a good example of that.

#36 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:17

No, I'm not a troll. I'm just expressing my frustration that one can't say anything negative about Kimi without being set upon by fanatical supporters. Oh wait - you are a good example of that.

Sure you can, if it has any truth in it. Your post was bullshit and i called you out on it. EDIT. My previous post was a "fanboy" posta nd i deleted it, because i dont want to be that guy again. ****!!!

Edited by mursuka80, 05 March 2012 - 17:22.

#37 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,839 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:34

Sure you can, if it has any truth in it. Your post was bullshit and i called you out on it. EDIT. My previous post was a "fanboy" posta nd i deleted it, because i dont want to be that guy again. ****!!!

It wasn't bullshit, it was my opinion. Just because you don't agree with it you don't have to start ranting.

#38 LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

• 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:34

So you basically admit, that you made this post just to troll. Want to make a bet? You are out of here if Kimi wins and im out if Grosjean wins.

Speaking of betting on Grosjean, the team boss of Lotus F1, Eric Boullier already bet big on Grosjean by becoming his manager. If Romain succeeds where Hamilton failed and beats his former world champion teammate in his rookie year then taking Kimi could prove to be a masterstroke worth every penny of the iceman's salary.

#39 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:37

Speaking of betting on Grosjean, the team boss of Lotus F1, Eric Boullier already bet big on Grosjean by becoming his manager. If Romain succeeds where Hamilton failed and beats his former world champion teammate in his rookie year then taking Kimi could prove to be a masterstroke worth every penny of the iceman's salary.

I see what you are trying, but aint gonna bite. Hamilton did beat Alonso in his rookie year BTW.

Advertisement

#40 LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

• 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:40

Hamilton did beat Alonso in his rookie year BTW.

They were equal in points.

#41 Trust

Trust

• 5,153 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:43

If there was no Kimi back then, who would take the title?

#42 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:46

There is no draw in F1. Standings are what count.

#43 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:47

You have to run that past me how Lewis failed?

#44 LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

• 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:49

If there was no Kimi back then, who would take the title?

If you were a fish how would you survive on land? There's little value in arguing hypotheticals.

#45 LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

LeMeilleurDesMeilleurs

• 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:50

Okay, so technically Hamilton beat Alonso. But Romain could do the same by actually scoring more points.

#46 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:53

Sure, but he isnt a rookie.

#47 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,839 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:56

Sure, but he isnt a rookie.

He's probably actually done less miles in an F1 car than Hamilton had when he started in 07 due to the current testing restrictions.

#48 maverick69

maverick69

• 5,975 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:58

He's probably actually done less miles in an F1 car than Hamilton had when he started in 07 due to the current testing restrictions.

And you're probably actually wrong

#49 Mr.Wayne

Mr.Wayne

• 583 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 17:59

I think Raikkonen will have the upper hand. When Kimi has his motivation right, he is unstoppable. That Ferrari failed to exploit him properly is a different story.

Grosjean is a question mark... I don't think he is that good, but I have been wrong before.

#50 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 18:00

More than Kimi has in two years away. But these are what ifs, so lets see what the situation is in couple of months okay?