Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

Who will be granted the Red Bull seat?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3226 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is in pole to take the vacant Red Bull seat? (752 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think will be Vettel's next teammate?

1. Raikkonen (340 votes [53.21%])

Percentage of vote: 53.21%

2. Ricciardo (274 votes [42.88%])

Percentage of vote: 42.88%

3. Alonso (25 votes [3.91%])

Percentage of vote: 3.91%

Vote

#1701 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:30

This is a non story, I can't believe people want to speculate about it.

But that's the point of silly season speculation: it's the right moment to let imagination totally free, make up conspiracy theories and so on. It's the pleasure of speculating for sake of it.

Advertisement

#1702 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:38

Boullier admitts money troubles and unpaid salaries with Kimi but denies Kimi has said he would skip race/races because Kimi is professional and wouldn't do that. Boullier (once again promised) that financial situation will be sorted in next few days/weeks 100% sure.

#1703 garoidb

garoidb

• 8,470 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:52

Boullier admitts money troubles and unpaid salaries with Kimi but denies Kimi has said he would skip race/races because Kimi is professional and wouldn't do that. Boullier (once again promised) that financial situation will be sorted in next few days/weeks 100% sure.

An interesting choice of words (whether yours or Boulliers). Do professionals work for free?

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment. Kimi would be unlikely to drop the team in even more trouble by missing races for lots of reasons, both altruistic and otherwise.

#1704 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:53

Horner didn't deny the Fernando-RBR rumour just a moment ago on mtv3 interview.... and he also said he doesn't tell who they are talking to but admitted everyone is interested about Kimi. no decisions made about the driver yet.

#1705 Massa

Massa

• 10,086 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:53

Horner didn't deny the Fernando-RBR rumour just a moment ago on mtv3 interview.... and he also said he doesn't tell who they are talking to but admitted everyone is interested about Kimi. no decisions made about the driver yet.

I didn't want to deny because perhaps i think it will trouble the relationship between Ferrari and Alonso... For me, even if the rumor is false, it's a very good move by Horner.

Edited by Massa, 28 July 2013 - 10:54.

#1706 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:54

An interesting choice of words (whether yours or Boulliers). Do professionals work for free?

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment. Kimi would be unlikely to drop the team in even more trouble by missing races for lots of reasons, both altruistic and otherwise.

was Boulliers words....but indeed there was a good words on dark knight from Joker " if you are good at something, never do it for free"

#1707 Arry2k

Arry2k

• 424 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:09

I didn't want to deny because perhaps i think it will trouble the relationship between Ferrari and Alonso... For me, even if the rumor is false, it's a very good move by Horner.

Absolutely, lay the seeds of doubt in the minds of the Ferrari team and add another distraction. This added to all the other political manoeuvrings just strengthens Red Bull's position. As they say at Tesco "Every little helps".

Edited by Arry2k, 28 July 2013 - 11:09.

#1708 Yoshi

Yoshi

• 3,360 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:32

@Sky_Tanja
#ssnhd #f1sky helmut marko zu ztg-kollegen: wir beschäftigen uns nicht nur mit der "k"-frage sondern auch mit der "a"-frage! (k-kimi/a-alo)

Helmut said to the ztg-collegues: they are not only engaging the K-question, also the A-question. (Kimi and Alonso)

#1709 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:42

Helmut said to the ztg-collegues: they are not only engaging the K-question, also the A-question. (Kimi and Alonso)

interesting...very interesting indeed...so is the R-question dropped already :lol:

#1710 Massa

Massa

• 10,086 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:45

Well, i think they try to disturb Ferrari. They are very smart

#1711 Yoshi

Yoshi

• 3,360 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:45

Nicki Lauda said some moments ago to SKY Germany, this rumor is just bullshit. :p

#1712 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:49

Nicki Lauda said some moments ago to SKY Germany, this rumor is just bullshit. :p

And Horner was cryptic enough on RTL to make sure the rumour will continue.

#1713 Arry2k

Arry2k

• 424 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:50

Well, i think they try to disturb Ferrari. They are very smart

Indeed. Love them or loathe them, Red Bull are the most technically and politically astute F1 team on the grid. They cross every t, dot every i and check every box. How they have positioned themselves in the sport in such a short time is nothing short of astounding.

#1714 Flamini

Flamini

• 1,065 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:53

Alonso and Raikkonen to Red Bull, Vettel to Ferrari :rotfl:

#1715 Wanderer

Wanderer

• 292 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:59

Indeed. Love them or loathe them, Red Bull are the most technically and politically astute F1 team on the grid. They cross every t, dot every i and check every box. How they have positioned themselves in the sport in such a short time is nothing short of astounding.

If the rumours are false you can blame Alonsos manager, he should have known what fuss his official visit at Red Bull right there at raceday in front of all media would create.

#1716 OSX

OSX

• 4,877 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:26

But that's what I find weird. Why talk with Horner then? If García Abad wants a seat for Sainz in Toro Rosso, he should talk with Marko and with Tost, not with Horner, right?

Wrong. Nobody at Toro Rosso, Tost included, have no say whatsoever in what comes to driver selection matters. It's all decided by the Red Bull brass.

#1717 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 13:48

Wrong. Nobody at Toro Rosso, Tost included, have no say whatsoever in what comes to driver selection matters. It's all decided by the Red Bull brass.

But Horner?

#1718 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 14:02

Seb not very happy with what was perfectly acceptable defensive driving from Kimi today. I'm tipping Seb will suggest Ricciardo get the seat in 2014. :lol:

Seriously though I think a Seb/Kimi teaming would produce a very close battle in even machinery. Maybe Seb with the edge in qualy & Kimi the edge in racing.

#1719 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 626 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 14:03

I dont have much doubt its Raikkonen there, after watching this podium ;)

Advertisement

#1720 Arry2k

Arry2k

• 424 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 14:05

If the rumours are false you can blame Alonsos manager, he should have known what fuss his official visit at Red Bull right there at raceday in front of all media would create.

Well people in the paddock talk all the time, but most often it's kept on the qt by the team.

Of course blame could be laid at Alonso's mangers feet but Red Bull aim to take full advantage or maximum leverage from whatever comes their way, no matter how small it may seem, and this really is small fry. It's really impressive.

#1721 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,991 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 14:08

I dont have much doubt its Raikkonen there, after watching this podium ;)

He is there and what might influence Red Bull's decision is Mercs progress. If Merc improve and turn out to be near unstoppable then Red Bull will need to answer by having two top drivers.

#1722 denthierry

denthierry

• 1,494 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 14:24

He is there and what might influence Red Bull's decision is Mercs progress. If Merc improve and turn out to be near unstoppable then Red Bull will need to answer by having two top drivers.

It's not RB's decision. But valid point yes.

Edited by denthierry, 28 July 2013 - 14:27.

#1723 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 15:50

Vergne was once again better than Dan during race and yet RBR thinks he is not ready and Dan is...Dan is fast over one lap but that just isn't enough.

#1724 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 16:15

I had to laugh at Ted on his notebook.

"I've upset Eric Boullier it seems, I asked him for an interview with Kimi and he said No, you will ask him about his wages"

#1725 NotSoSilentBob

NotSoSilentBob

• 1,667 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 16:21

Vergne was once again better than Dan during race and yet RBR thinks he is not ready and Dan is...Dan is fast over one lap but that just isn't enough.

Apparently you weren't watching the Toro Rosso strategy, which seemed to be 'leave Dan out there as long as possible regardless of how his tyres are coping'.

#1726 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,008 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 16:26

Don t said that (truth) again or you ll be said that you are trolling! :)

#1727 Thomas99

Thomas99

• 2,581 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 17:02

Apparently you weren't watching the Toro Rosso strategy, which seemed to be 'leave Dan out there as long as possible regardless of how his tyres are coping'.

I couldn't believe that. I honestly think Toro Rosso strategy department must be staffed by monkeys.

What on earth were they doing? Dan was miles slower than anyone on old tyres and they wouldnt pit him

#1728 jmh1

jmh1

• 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 17:49

Kimi Raikonnen - guaranteed 100%

Alonso's manager did speak to Christian Horner about the seat, not about Carlos Sainz-Junior.

But Vettel said to Lee Mackenzie that he would prefer Riakonnen, which is who Christian wanted all along.

See Montezemolo, Alonso doesn't like you as much after all. Bring Schuey back to Ferrari - at least he wins you titles :)

#1729 kimster89

kimster89

• 1,413 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 17:52

Where is the Alonso option in this poll? :) This is getting quite interesting.

#1730 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 3,268 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 17:56

Very surprised that RB reject Alonso for Kimi. Both are consistent and fast but I think Horner thinks that Kimi is likely to over time be slower than Vettel. If they go for Ricardo then they need their heads read and its a decision to appease Vettel.

Vettel's interview was interesting.....he doesn't want Alonso in the team. He prefers Kimi. I honestly think Vettel fears Alonso (and more importantly doesn't like him).

Edited by F1Champion, 28 July 2013 - 17:58.

#1731 BrokenBaculum

BrokenBaculum

• 257 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 17:57

I'd like to see Kimi in the seat just so he can tear Vettel a new one, and see what it's like having, (no offence to Webber) a team-mate of the highest order.

#1732 GT Racing Online Magazine

GT Racing Online Magazine

• 832 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:03

Horner "not denying Alonso talks" to Finnish MTV3:

" There will always be rumors and speculation in F1. This week the speculation is Alonso, and until we unveil the name of Sebastian then next week I'm sure you'll speculate it's Nigel Mansell."

#1733 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:06

I still think that at the end it will be Ricciardo.

#1734 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:10

Exactly. That is why Red Bull said no to Hamilton and that is why Alonso would not have any chance at Red Bull as long as Vettel is secured there. They know why beasts like Hamilton and Alonso approach them. They are getting increasing frustrated with their teams and they are coming to Red Bull with just one single-minded obsession in their mind - WDC. They have no interest in the team itself and they tend to view it only as a vehicle to get the one thing that they have become increasingly desperate for. You could say every other driver only has WDC in mind and that is true. But this is much more troublesome in approach and the approach is not that open and the mindset is almost a baggage.

A good observation that is IMO, which makes Kimi or Hulk better candidates.

#1735 st99

st99

• 385 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:12

Didn't you see the photo? It was Abad and Carlos Sainz (father) talking to Horner. Abad is also Sainz Jr's manager and he drives in GP3 for Arden, Horner's team. This is a non-story, really and if Red Bull is fueling the idea is just to upset Ferrari.
I don't think RB would want Alonso in their team while Vettel is there as it's clear that they're not exactly friends and it would upset the team harmony.

Edited by st99, 28 July 2013 - 18:15.

#1736 denthierry

denthierry

• 1,494 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:17

Didn't you see the photo? It was Abad and Carlos Sainz (father) talking to Horner. Abad is also Sainz Jr's manager and he drives in GP3 for Arden, Horner's team. This is a non-story, really and if Red Bull is fueling the idea is just to upset Ferrari.
I don't think RB would want Alonso in their team while Vettel is there as it's clear that they're not exactly friends and it would upset the team harmony.

Or a desperate move to stir up Kimi's ego and hope it itches.

Edited by denthierry, 28 July 2013 - 18:17.

#1737 RedOne

RedOne

• 2,449 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:30

Very surprised that RB reject Alonso for Kimi. Both are consistent and fast but I think Horner thinks that Kimi is likely to over time be slower than Vettel. If they go for Ricardo then they need their heads read and its a decision to appease Vettel.

Vettel's interview was interesting.....he doesn't want Alonso in the team. He prefers Kimi. I honestly think Vettel fears Alonso (and more importantly doesn't like him).

I never expected such a reaction from Vettel, he definetly fears and dislikes him, wonder how Kimi interprets Vettel's answer to mean? Is it really about respect on and off track or who he feels could be easier to handle. Any driver given the option of team-mate would obviously choose the one they think they can beat surely.

Edited by RedOne, 28 July 2013 - 18:32.

#1738 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:45

I never expected such a reaction from Vettel, he definetly fears and dislikes him, wonder how Kimi interprets Vettel's answer to mean? Is it really about respect on and off track or who he feels could be easier to handle. Any driver given the option of team-mate would obviously choose the one they think they can beat surely.

How do you know ?

#1739 Kraze

Kraze

• 63 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:48

does it ever occurred to you that Vettel may not like Alonso because of his dirty politics and mind games?? what Alonso did to Hamilton in Hungary 2007 can be referred as DIRTY MANEUVER (maybe he does not want a repeat of this type of incident with him which is perfectly understandable).. or last year when he was saying "I am fighting Newey" e.t.c. can be referred as mind games.

I dont think Vettel saying "he does not like Alonso" is a sign of fear. He's just saying what he feels like based on Alonso's past behavior.

Advertisement

#1740 RedOne

RedOne

• 2,449 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:51

How do you know ?

IMO it certainly seemed like that, Kimi was not even mentioned in the question, why put him in there when it was only about if he would like Alonso as a team-mate. I'm not asking you to agree with me but its just the feeling I got.

#1741 st99

st99

• 385 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:52

Are you surprised that Vettel doesn't like Alonso? The guy that keeps downplaying his achievements and saying how easy is for him to win? Do you think Vettel would want another teammate with whom he would have a bad relationship after all this years with Webber?
It's obvious why he would want Kimi, he knows that their relationship would be easier and not because he thinks he's a worse driver than Alonso.

#1742 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:52

Why does this topic get discussed in 2 different threads? :confused:

IMO it´s both. He might think that Alo is a little bit faster than Kimi. But the main aspect is that now that Mark is leaving he doesn´t want to have another stressful driver who plays dirty tricks off track.

#1743 RedOne

RedOne

• 2,449 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:55

does it ever occurred to you that Vettel may not like Alonso because of his dirty politics and mind games?? what Alonso did to Hamilton in Hungary 2007 can be referred as DIRTY MANEUVER (maybe he does not want a repeat of this type of incident with him which is perfectly understandable).. or last year when he was saying "I am fighting Newey" e.t.c. can be referred as mind games.

I dont think Vettel saying "he does not like Alonso" is a sign of fear. He's just saying what he feels like based on Alonso's past behavior.

Your talking about things that happened 6 years ago, both drivers matured. Dirty tricks? Oh like Vettel pulling a fast one on Webber in Malaysia this year?

#1744 Kraze

Kraze

• 63 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 18:58

Your talking about things that happened 6 years ago, both drivers matured. Dirty tricks? Oh like Vettel pulling a fast one on Webber in Malaysia this year?

Alonso last year : "I am fighting Newey" was real mature :lol:

#1745 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 19:01

How long has it been since Alonso has won a WDC, and has he ever won one in a car that wasn't at least as dominant as half of Vettel's WDCs? It's pretty safe to say Vettel aint gonna be worried about that guy beating him.

#1746 RedOne

RedOne

• 2,449 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 19:01

Alonso last year : "I am fighting Newey" was real mature :lol:

That's it? The supposed dirty trick? It was taken out of context mate.

#1747 Radion

Radion

• 2,524 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 19:03

How so?
Raikonnen is at least as fast as alonso, isn't he?! Plus he comes without so much politics...

#1748 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 19:06

I think it's pretty safe to say Alonso's not going to be getting an Red Bull seats. At least if Kimi is still on the market. The fact is Santander Ferrari has been a pretty big failure. In the meantime, Kimi has been the biggest sensation in F1.

Edited by 2ms, 28 July 2013 - 19:06.

#1749 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 19:09

IMO it certainly seemed like that, Kimi was not even mentioned in the question, why put him in there when it was only about if he would like Alonso as a team-mate. I'm not asking you to agree with me but its just the feeling I got.

Fair enough, just wondered how you could be so certain as to state what you did, at least now we know that you dont know.

Why put Kimi in there ? respect might have had something to do with it, coupled with a dislike for Alonso and his rather childish mind games, maybe the clue was in what he said "Kimi's always been straight with me" ?

Fernando is as straight as Roscoes back leg. Just my feelings though, I'm not asking you to agree with me :)

#1750 RedOne

RedOne

• 2,449 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 19:19

Fair enough, just wondered how you could be so certain as to state what you did, at least now we know that you dont know.

Why put Kimi in there ? respect might have had something to do with it, coupled with a dislike for Alonso and his rather childish mind games, maybe the clue was in what he said "Kimi's always been straight with me" ?

Fernando is as straight as Roscoes back leg. Just my feelings though, I'm not asking you to agree with me :)

Are you talking about Sebastian's opinion of Alonso or your own? I couldn't tell. :p

Edited by RedOne, 28 July 2013 - 19:19.