Photo

Alesi: Fisi is more talented than Michael Schumacher!!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 19:47

In the March issue of F1Racing Damon Hill and Jean Alesi previews the 2002 season:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damon Hill - I rate Giancarlo Fisichella. Do you?
Jean Alesi - I honestly think that Giancarlo is better than Michael Schumacher in terms of natural talent: he has incredible car control and an ability to concentrate on strategy without losing speed. Except in terms of working to maximise his potential - which Michael does best - Giancarlo is the best driver in F1.
DH - Yes i've always thought Giancarlo was one of the most underrated drivers in f1. A man of his ability should be in a better car than a Jordan. He could be truly fantastic!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forget about Button, Raikkonen, Massa guys, Fisi is the man. :clap: :clap:
I think I will change my signature, Alesi has earned his place there. :)

Advertisement

#2 LeTurc

LeTurc

• 1,537 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 19:53

But he is one of the most stupid. He shouldnt leave Renault. I am so sorry for him.

#3 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:00

Originally posted by LeTurc
But he is one of the most stupid. He shouldnt leave Renault. I am so sorry for him.

Flavio almost forced him you know. He only offered Fisi a one-year contract with bad money. But thanks for the support.

#4 fissijo

fissijo

• 2,284 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:03

Thought i would leave this for you to post!!!

Do you mind if i use the Alesi quote as well tho? (Alesi is my new love now!!! :lol: guy has sense!!)

#5 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:05

Originally posted by fissijo
Do you mind if i use the Alesi quote as well tho? (Alesi is my new love now!!! :lol: guy has sense!!)

No problems, we all need to enlighten those who are still in the dark!!! :)

Suddenly I also see Alesi in a new light. :clap:

#6 holiday

holiday

• 3,473 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:13

IMO Fisi is overrated.
So many people now rate him higher as his achievements, it has become something of a sport. I remember Fisi being told off on the spot by Eddie after a collision some years ago. He looked pretty intimidated.
He has the speed, for sure, but not the mental outfit to become a real top driver. It will show when he partners up with some tough nut.

I rate Trulli higher.

#7 magic

magic

• 5,678 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:13

i'm very 'appy

#8 ffiloseta

ffiloseta

• 2,212 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:21

Well, I sure feel validated by those guys... :up:

#9 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:22

Originally posted by holiday
He has the speed, for sure, but not the mental outfit to become a real top driver. It will show when he partners up with some tough nut.

He has already been teamed up with the toughest nut of them all, Flavio Briatore. :) Flavio told Fisi a week before Spa that Fisi had no long-term future in the team. This was a devastating blow for Fisi who had invested a lot of his career in Benetton during the teams bad years and now found himself being thrown out when the team finally was on the rise. But did Fisi whine about this? No, he didn't, instead he probably did the best drive of his career the following weekend and took a third place at Spa in an inferior car. If that isn't mental toughness, what is?

#10 Foxbat

Foxbat

• 3,706 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:25

That sounds eerily like Jean describing himself, let's hope Fisico will have a better final score..

#11 fissijo

fissijo

• 2,284 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:27

*agrees with Ghostrider (as usual!)*

After Spa 01 i think there is no doubt of Fisi's talent. Tho i have never doubted it anyway!

#12 BMW FW22

BMW FW22

• 1,127 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:30

It is nothing new that Fisi is bloody fast..

#13 Scudetto

Scudetto

• 8,226 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:31

Originally posted by Foxbat
That sounds eerily like Jean describing himself, let's hope Fisico will have a better final score..

I'm almost afraid it'll be worse if this year's Jordan isn't up to snuff. It would be a tragedy if Fisi went down in history as another one of the great "what if's" before he has his time in a top drive. Meanwhile, newbies like Kimi get blue-chip seats before they're even old enough to shave. (I know HSJ will have my head for that comment!)

#14 AD

AD

• 3,364 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:32

The more and more I think about Fisichella, the more and more I think that he's better than anyone bar a certain Michael Schumacher. He's very talented

#15 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:33

Originally posted by BMW FW22
It is nothing new that Fisi is bloody fast..

Yes, but you almost never hear anyone involved in F1 say that someone is more talented than Michael Schumacher. You hear it a lot from people on the bulletin board, but not from the people in F1. :up:

#16 LeTurc

LeTurc

• 1,537 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:35

Originally posted by Ghostrider

He has already been teamed up with the toughest nut of them all, Flavio Briatore. :) Flavio told Fisi a week before Spa that Fisi had no long-term future in the team. This was a devastating blow for Fisi who had invested a lot of his career in Benetton during the teams bad years and now found himself being thrown out when the team finally was on the rise. But did Fisi whine about this? No, he didn't, instead he probably did the best drive of his career the following weekend and took a third place at Spa in an inferior car. If that isn't mental toughness, what is?

I do think Flavio did this to reduce his salary not that he was not worth the money, but as in Hakkinen-Ron situation nobody gave an inch (my $.02) . After this year we can understand if this was good or bad for him. But if he can win with the Jordan Ferrari can replace him with Ruby. He should do anything to win . Hope he will and Renault not. Than watch Flavio...;)

#17 magic

magic

• 5,678 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:43

redfever knows most about fisco and should mix into this asap.

i think fisco is very fast but too weak mentally to crack ms.

#18 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:47

As a Michael Schumacer fan, I see Fisi very close to him on some points, but not better, but just my opinon, although after M Schumacher, I definately rate Fisi best of the rest, yep that brings other comparisons to Montoya for example. But views change all the time, hopefully Fisi will get a top drive, he deserves it more than Kimi at the moment, would give DC a run for his money. Excellent post Ghostrider, the better than Schumacher in the title likely to give you flack, but you stuck with it, good to see, excellent :up: :up: :up: :up:

#19 130R

130R

• 3,509 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:49

RedFever has always known this....

Advertisement

#20 kenny

kenny

• 2,030 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 20:55

My 2 cents ;) For those who care:

I've been going to SPA since 1995.. and observed every driver since at practically every corner..
especially the bus stop chicane (damn, amazing view we had there) ;-)

and I have to say that through bus stop there were (over the past years) only a handfull of drivers who really impressed me in bus stop:

Fisichella (was bloody quick...), Coulthard (every since seeing him in bus stop, my respect for him as grown a lot),Villeneuve who was also very spectacular and since this year Montoya joined the list...

there were more quick guys in bus stop (eg, Mika and MS)... (but they were 'just' quick)
But these first guys were incredibly quick...

there was one person who was really disappointing in bus stop... but I'll protect this guy for once ;-)

:)

#21 Supa Fly

Supa Fly

• 215 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 21:02

magic..."i'm very 'appy"

bravo! :rotfl:

shame he went from a shoddy team (beenytoon) to a shoody team (jordan)...argh, if trulli and fisi were BOTH at RENAULT now... :love: bloody button... :mad:

#22 X-ray

X-ray

• 547 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 21:52

I as a big fan of Jean I usually agree with his thoughts, but no entirely in this matter.

Fisichella is the closest in term of speed and ability but his isn't better. Fisijo should be in a Ferrari, not a Jordan, although thuey are my favourite team, he deserves a Ferrari.

Hopefully he will replace Rubens next year. :smoking:

#23 baddog

baddog

• 29,764 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 21:59

Originally posted by holiday
I remember Fisi being told off on the spot by Eddie after a collision some years ago. He looked pretty intimidated.

Your memory is faulty. The incident you refer to consisted of FISI laying into eddie, pushing him and shouting in his face. Eddie to his credit was utterly unintimidated and just stood there looking down at him with a blank expression on his face. Giancarlo came over looking a bit foolish, but far from intimidated!

Shaun

#24 Linus27

Linus27

• 4,895 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 23:25

Yeah Fizzy is the best and its great he is back at Jordan. Also, I doubt we will see Fizzy ram drivers like Jacques, Frenzen and Hill when desperate to win anything like Schuey does.

#25 Nikolas Garth

Nikolas Garth

• 12,019 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 23:32

I wouldn't go quite as far as Alesi has in rating Fisi, but geeeeeeeeeez it is so frustrating to see Fisi out of a top 3 car. I would love to see Fisi win a WDC one day. :)

#26 Foxbat

Foxbat

• 3,706 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 23:34

Originally posted by Linus27
Yeah Fizzy is the best and its great he is back at Jordan. Also, I doubt we will see Fizzy ram drivers like Jacques, Frenzen and Hill when desperate to win anything like Schuey does.

And he won't make it team fizzy either. And he won't always take the T-car. And he won't get an outrageous salaray.
And we won't get repetetive, and we won't harp on the same issues even if they have nothing to do with the current thread. And we won't diss Schumacher just for dissing him. And we won't harp over the same issues covered in other threads. And we won't get repetetive.

#27 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,751 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 23:38

Yes we will.

#28 Linus27

Linus27

• 4,895 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 23:42

Yes we will. Its Schuey's fault. Everything is Schuey's fault. The reasons for anything is Schuey's fault.

#29 LeTurc

LeTurc

• 1,537 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 23:46

Yes we will. Its Schuey's fault. Everything is Schuey's fault. The reasons for anything is Schuey's fault.

Is this "anything" contains Ricardo?

#30 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,751 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 23:58

:cry: :cry: :cry: :wave:

#31 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 00:22

Ive always rated Fisis since he burst onto the scene. On raw talent Id say he is Top 3 but its yet to be decided how good he would be in a big team, under the pressure of fighting for a WDC. Id love to see him in a Ferrari!!!

#32 AlesiGOD

AlesiGOD

• 2,306 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 00:40

:lol:

#33 6Addict

6Addict

• 353 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 01:00

Why do I get the impression that some believe Fisi is mentally weak because he is not a loud mouth? :down:

#34 BlackGhost

BlackGhost

• 986 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 01:06

What has Fisi ever accomplished?

Nada.

Schumi won 3 races in 1996 with a **** box between his legs.

Why hasn't Fisi won one?

Schumi did good even with shitty cars!

Fisi is an has been.

#35 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,751 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 01:09

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#36 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 01:21

Originally posted by BlackGhost

Insert Joke here! :lol: :rotfl: :lol:

#37 BlackGhost

BlackGhost

• 986 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 01:26

Originally posted by gerry nassar

Insert Joke here! :lol: :rotfl: :lol:

Spain
Belgium
Italy

A shitbox

:smoking:

#38 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,751 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 01:32

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :stoned: :drunk: :stoned: :drunk:

#39 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 01:35

Originally posted by 6Addict
Why do I get the impression that some believe Fisi is mentally weak because he is not a loud mouth? :down:

Good point. Fisi has a very professionell attitude and never moans about the team or have arguments with other drivers through the media. Unfortunately most fans seems to regard that as mental weakness or lack of ambition. :down:

Advertisement

#40 BlackGhost

BlackGhost

• 986 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 01:39

Good point. Fisi has a very professionell attitude and never moans about the team or have arguments with other drivers through the media. Unfortunately most fans seems to regard that as mental weakness or lack of ambition. :down:

Nice guys finish last.

Give me a mad dog like Michael Schumacher any day.

My favorite race was Montreal 98, threw HHF out of the race, gets a 10 second penalty and still wins the race!

You'll never see another one like him.

By the way, I wonder what kind of dogs Michael S has? Pitt Bulls or German Sheppards? I think he owns Pitt Bulls.

#41 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,751 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 01:47

:up: :up: :up: :up: :smoking: :smoking:

#42 6Addict

6Addict

• 353 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 02:21

BlackGhost,

ok, I give up you're right Fisi is not that good... and Alesi, Hill, Irvine, Heidfeld, the Italian racing federation, and all the others (so many, I forget most of them) are clueless... :rolleyes:

A **** box? Sure, it was ugly, but just because it wasn't a WCC car doesn't make it a "**** box". I'm sure a lot of teams would be proud to produce a "**** box" that can finish 2nd in a championship... Was last year's McLaren a shitbox?

My favorite race was Montreal 98, threw HHF out of the race, gets a 10 second penalty and still wins the race!

Funny you should mention that... Fisi finished that race in second place, in a "**** box", and was brilliant. I know, I was there. :up:

#43 TAB666

TAB666

• 1,755 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 02:25

Flavio almost forced him you know. He only offered Fisi a one-year contract with bad money. But thanks for the support.

HE should have stayed at Renault and accepted lower sallery. IF he thought the Renault would be better then the Jordan. If he just choose Jordan for the extra money he lost al my respect for him.

#44 BlackGhost

BlackGhost

• 986 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 02:43

Originally posted by 6Addict
BlackGhost,

ok, I give up you're right Fisi is not that good... and Alesi, Hill, Irvine, Heidfeld, the Italian racing federation, and all the others (so many, I forget most of them) are clueless... :rolleyes:

I wish Fisi the best of luck. He should have stayed at Renault has they have the ressources and will power (they're owned by the French Gov't) to provide a racer a better car than Eddie Jordan will ever have.

Fact of the matter is that Fisi has never produced much even with a bad car in comparison with MS and his experience with lousy cars.

A **** box? Sure, it was ugly, but just because it wasn't a WCC car doesn't make it a "**** box". I'm sure a lot of teams would be proud to produce a "**** box" that can finish 2nd in a championship... Was last year's McLaren a shitbox?

Absolutely, that 96 Ferrari was a shitbox on par with Jordan's and the remainder of the **** cars.

#45 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,751 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 02:44

with MS and his experience with lousy cars

But he's never had one . . . :confused:

#46 BlackGhost

BlackGhost

• 986 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 02:52

Originally posted by Ricardo F1
with MS and his experience with lousy cars

But he's never had one . . . :confused:

The 96 and 97 cars were not the no. 1 machines on the grid.

Yet in 96 he won 3 races and in 97 he nearly beat the other guy.

Everyone admits those cars in those 2 years only did so well because of MS.

#47 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,751 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 02:58

Not being the No.1 car in the grid doesn't make it lousy . . . IMHO

#48 BlackGhost

BlackGhost

• 986 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 03:02

Not being the No.1 car in the grid doesn't make it lousy . . . IMHO

I'm sort of fedup to listen to these drivers always complaining about their cars.

Give MS a lousy car and he still manages to do well.

Give JV a lousy car and he is at the back of the grid consistently.

Give JV a super car like the 97 Williams and he barely manages to win the championship.

Patrick Head said the other day he was disapointed in JV's 97 performance considering how much superior their car was.

I'm only saying good drivers like MS and Senna still managed good performances with so so cars.

#49 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,751 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 03:12

Comparing any BAR with a 96 Ferrari is doing a very large disservice to Ferrari, you can't compare an apple with an orange. I think JV would agree with 97 - he's said he's driven better I think nearly every year since.

#50 BlackGhost

BlackGhost

• 986 posts

Posted 16 February 2002 - 03:17

Comparing any BAR with a 96 Ferrari is doing a very large disservice to Ferrari, you can't compare an apple with an orange. I think JV would agree with 97 - he's said he's driven better I think nearly every year since.

I think the 96 Ferrari was worst than the 2000 BAR. I dont understand why you think the 96 Ferrari was a good car????

I remember 96, I was at the MTL race and the car didn't even do a lap that year than Schumi went to Germany if I am correct and the car broke down after two laps.

Let's face it the 96 car was trash.