Photo

Northern England & Wales TNF meetings

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6620 replies to this topic

#3901 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 13:36

Forgive me if I've overlooked it, but has this offer been mentioned in the books thread?

Hard to believe though it might be, there are probably some people who never open the 'Northern TNF meetings' thread

Advertisement

#3902 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 13:49

The books thread? Since it went off the main thread list I never look at it.

I certainly haven't put anything on there about the Roger Nathan book.

#3903 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 18:55

Forgive me if I've overlooked it, but has this offer been mentioned in the books thread?

Hard to believe though it might be, there are probably some people who never open the 'Northern TNF meetings' thread

Sorry i am ignorant about the book thread..
Colonel Rooney put me onto this site due to the Angelsey race meeting last Nov 29th.
Before that i didn't know it exisited.
Since then i see the Nostagia Autosport site is immense.
Due to me freaking out to the Costin-Nathan GT /Spyder -Nathan Astra (thanks to Nick Lunn), i have been having an education on here and via the Costin Forum!
After one month of knowledge it has inspired me to build my own sports racer.. A sort of device similar ,but taxing all my own skills and challenges....I think they call it being hooked!
This is /has been one of my life ambitions,and as i have a couple of decades left i think about now is the time to start!
Please don't get the impression i am a rich bitch..Just a normal poor kinda Motorsport enthusiast..Well what else is there to do in life!
At present i am going to sell my 1969 Fiat 850 Sport coupe.See ebay Thursday evening.. The Fiat + HGH(an Imp) was going to be a duo effort into Motorsport with the www.hillclimbandsprintassociation.com ,but my Son doesn't have the funding..Long story!
So for now it's just me with the Imp in the HSA thing and for 2011 www.classicandracing.com

Anyhow i understood that the An Adventurous life was an extremely hard book to acquire..Well i couldn't get a copy!!
Then kindly Barry piped up famous Roger Nathan is his mate and he actually did the proof for the book. This is where we are now and as things stand i have enough on my plate supplying my new mates these books let alone the whole world!
I am under the impression that Roger Nathan's Missus has a suitcase full under the bed and thats it!

If it turns out he has thousands then obviously they are not being marketed properly..
If so i will put forward a suggestion with regard to my Ferengi relations and do the right thing and put them where they be..On peoples laps being read... In return he could shove a Nathan Astra tub in the post to me :stoned:

Well i mighta lost the plot here a bit ,but what i am trying to say i am being a bit overwhelmed with interest over the book!

Yours David L
Llewellyn Imp Motorsport

#3904 beesa71

beesa71

• 39 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 21:57

Might I ask to be added to the list for a book please.

#3905 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:03

Might I ask to be added to the list for a book please.

Consider yourself acknowledged Beesa!
I'll be asking details from all when the stash of books is in my hands.

#3906 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 13:20

I can now confirm a price of £24 per book if they are collected from Norf Lunnun or £25 if they need to be sent.

Is there anyone who can make it to Muswell Hill?

If not I will pass on the details to Mrs. Nathan and then leave it between you and her.

#3907 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 3,120 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 14:02

Can we have the Northern TNF thread back please. Whens the next meeting?

#3908 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 14:23

I have suggested to Mr Titchmarsh 17th or 18th February, as Kingsleyrob has asked if he would be prepared to do a Q&A session. However, could I propose either of those dates in any event?

#3909 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,574 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 15:48

I have suggested to Mr Titchmarsh 17th or 18th February, as Kingsleyrob has asked if he would be prepared to do a Q&A session. However, could I propose either of those dates in any event?

Fine by me. :wave:

#3910 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 17:10

Sorry, Dan, just one more Nathan book post. :blush:

David, I have sent you a P.M.

#3911 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 19:07

[quote name='Barry Boor' date='Jan 19 2010, 17:10' post='4086179']
Sorry, Dan, just one more Nathan book post. :blush:

David, I have sent you a P.M.

[/quote

Thanks Barry ..Just read it and seen the price on here!

Whats the problem Mallory Dan??
I thought that this was an open forum for registered members ..Not a private club!

#3912 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 19:34

[/quote

I thought that this was an open forum for registered members ..Not a private club!
[/quote]

Yes it is, but in truth you are on the wrong thread for your particular subject, limjamrace. Forum etiquette and all that..... :wave:

#3913 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,574 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 19:43

Yes it is, but in truth you are on the wrong thread for your particular subject, limjamrace. Forum etiquette and all that..... :wave:

I don't suppose "limjamrace" would be that impressed if we hi-jacked his thread "Costin-Nathan ... Nathan Astra!, Viewing such a car!" and started talking about Arduas, Vauxhalls and books on Mike Hawthorn.

As Giraffe says it is usual Forum etiquette to open up a new thread or at least use your own thread. If you want tyo draw attention to it then post links but don't play the "private club" card it just won't wash.

:lol:

#3914 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 20:20

I have to say, cheeky reponses from those that think they are TNF aficionados.
How very dare you :mad:
A slight oversight on your part, shouldn't have got the response that you did get. But some of the old geezers have no idea of toleration/compromise et al.
If you want an example of just how far I have to go to accomadate them ( I is 50 so an oldie) no alcohol on this Saturday's film show :eek:

#3915 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 21:40

If you want an example of just how far I have to go to accomadate them ( I is 50 so an oldie) no alcohol on this Saturday's film show :eek:

I don't quite know how you accomadate cheeky reponses, Caroline?!?! The mind boggles!!! :eek: The way I read it, you could bring your bottle at your own risk??? :drunk:

#3916 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 22:16

A slight oversight on your part, shouldn't have got the response that you did get. But some of the old geezers have no idea of toleration/compromise et al.

S'cuse me ..I see now the error of what i have done!!
Thank you for the latter explanations!
It's just the former rudeness tone i didn't like!

Please feel free to say/divert anything i may say in a thread as it all goes into the pot of knowledge to me! :cool:

#3917 Kingsleyrob

Kingsleyrob

• 1,578 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:23

Thanks Alan, either day fine for me. Thursdays seem to have become somewhat of a tradition, which is the 18th. I always find a Thursday TNF session a fine precursor to the weekend. :up:

Rob :wave:
PS amusing spat a little earlier chaps and chapess :lol:

Edited by Kingsleyrob, 20 January 2010 - 01:25.

#3918 alansart

alansart

• 4,419 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:01

Both dates suit me :)

#3919 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:17

Thanks Alan, either day fine for me. Thursdays seem to have become somewhat of a tradition, which is the 18th. I always find a Thursday TNF session a fine precursor to the weekend. :up:

PS amusing spat a little earlier chaps and chapess :lol:

Anytime Rob ..I'm always up for a laugh!

Anyhow- no one cribbed about forum etiquette when i mentioned Rosie Webster on here did they...Oh no!! ;) :love:

Advertisement

#3920 Ian Smith - Diz

Ian Smith - Diz

• 425 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:04

Anyhow- no one cribbed about forum etiquette when i mentioned Rosie Webster on here did they...Oh no!! ;) :love:

Certainly not. I for one positively revelled in that bit, or should that be "those bits" :smoking:

Edited by Ian Smith - Diz, 20 January 2010 - 11:05.

#3921 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:21

If I had to explain, you wouldn't understand, David.................. :rolleyes: Are you a refugee from RC or Pist&broke perchance? Hopefully another convert? :cat: :wave:

#3922 Paul Hurdsfield

Paul Hurdsfield

• 9,282 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 13:08

I should be ok for either of those dates :up:

#3923 Simon Arron

Simon Arron

• 2,489 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 14:38

Assuming the M6 isn't blocked by hordes of rampaging wildebeest (or another reunion of Formula 5000 drivers), and so long as there hasn't been an outbreak of civil war (the first such conflict ever sparked by a Roger Nathan book), both dates look OK as things stand.

#3924 alansart

alansart

• 4,419 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 15:29

What's the best venue to suit guests, long distance travellers etc.

I'm happy to go with the majority.

#3925 col rooney

col rooney

• 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 18:21

If I had to explain, you wouldn't understand, David.................. :rolleyes: Are you a refugee from RC or Pist&broke perchance? Hopefully another convert? :cat: :wave:

No dave is not a refugee from any of the above he is infact a refugee from the imp club , :smoking:

col

#3926 Kingsleyrob

Kingsleyrob

• 1,578 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 19:54

No dave is not a refugee from any of the above he is infact a refugee from the imp club , :smoking:

col

It's a good job the Spelling Police are busy monitoring the "Blood Pressure" thread and not on here col. Is that Colonel by the way, or Colin?

#3927 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 20:33

col

Well at 57 i'm hardly a Chav!
Had some great times with the Competition side of the Imp club,but after 20 years gave up on the other side of things):
Still know some great people though thats why i went to your MEETING at Ty-croes to see them!
Colin included ,and he even lives close enough to Stamford Bridge to be a winner!
There are a lot of tasty photos of 1970-80's Imp in competition on the Imp forum website..The thread is called spaceframe Imps ,but it should be called side view bodywork shaped Imps!
I think some are of Colin's dad with the same car that was at Angelsey 29th Nov ...You know a TNS MEETING!
I may be a refugee but i get the odd(i mean in number)email to say that my articules are missed and that i should put the know-alls to boot on the forum...Straight up!
So maybe i'm in a converted forum now anyway!

Many thanks for making me laugh this evening and to that Caroline babe for being kind(?) to me yesterday!

I can also be found on the www.classicandracing.com forum and the Costin forum index(?) to which i'm being a student to a seemingly great guy called Friendwood ! Not to forget rubbing shoulders with Joe Tavani and Gregor M!
All great stuff!
Oh ..Been known to contribute to the www.ScuderiaTopolino.com website as well...Where a very clever bloke is very clever at putting things down on paper! Thats the guy who owns the business btw..
So no fears at being on the wrong circuit..More a case of having a good pedigree!

One last thing that Rosie Webster photo is so amazing ..Very good to you no what pose!
Saw her on a very rare for me to watch celebrity Family Fortunes on Boxing day and her and the ficticious sister look like they needed to remove make up with a Kango!
No where as near lustfull!
Awaiting your in house Victor Meldrew to make a comment about this post so i'd better blow off now!
Well i did mention MEETING at least twice to conform!!  ;)

David L

#3928 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 20:38

It's a good job the Spelling Police are busy monitoring the "Blood Pressure" thread and not on here col. Is that Colonel by the way, or Colin?

All depends if he is busy ..Massaging with his text phone :rotfl: Dirty so & so!

Edited by limjamrace, 20 January 2010 - 20:42.

#3929 col rooney

col rooney

• 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 18:43

QUOTE (col rooney @ Jan 20 2010, 18:21)
No dave is not a refugee from any of the above he is infact a refugee from the imp club ,

col

Ah spelling was never my strong point im more a hand on person ,left school with no exams but it hasent stopped me getting on ,then i went to school with a few brain boxes but they never had a job since they left school

Any way dave you are missed on the club site and you know i was only messing around and who are chelsea i only follow sport with wheels and engines

yes if anyone wants to check out the motorsport section you dont have to register just click on it some nice cars

col or if you like colin

Edited by col rooney, 21 January 2010 - 18:46.

#3930 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 19:10

Who are Chelsea????? Blood pressure rises......

#3931 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 19:39

Who are Chelsea????? Blood pressure rises......

Did i mention Chelsea!!
I said near enough to Stamford Bridge ..That means you are aware of a THE winning team! :clap:

#3932 col rooney

col rooney

• 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 20:35

No everyone calls me col and i dont realy like the name colin

#3933 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 21:12

17th or 18th are OK for me but I would prefer Friday.

Has the PM function on this forum been overlooked by some folks? :smoking:

#3934 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:36

17th or 18th are OK for me but I would prefer Friday.

Has the PM function on this forum been overlooked by some folks? :smoking:

I think it is totally agreed on here that Rosie Webster should'nt be a secret!
Share and share alike!!

Can we have THAT photo back on here to remind us!!

To be fair ..For the Gals on this forum i suggest that Col....Colin....Colonel..post a pose of himself... All Celtic charm as well!
(not that i would know about all that of course)

Edited by limjamrace, 23 January 2010 - 11:42.

#3935 Ian Smith - Diz

Ian Smith - Diz

• 425 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:59

Share and share alike!!

Post 3865 on Page 97
She is still there.
:clap:

#3936 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:32

Morning chaps!

Posted Image
By giraffe138 at 2010-01-23

Do you reckon she'll be at the Accrington Stanley v Fulham game today??? :love:

#3937 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:39

More to the point, will she be at the next TNF meeting and will her decision be affected by the choice of dates?

#3938 col rooney

col rooney

• 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 19:19

Share and share alike!!

To be fair ..For the Gals on this forum i suggest that Col....Colin....Colonel..post a pose of himself... All Celtic charm as well!
(not that i would know about all that of course)

Dave just for you as i know this is the view you will always have of my car :smoking:
Posted Image

#3939 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 19:38

Dave just for you as i know this is the view you will always have of my car :smoking:
[img]http://i227.photobuc...ttachment-1.jpg[/img

As i keep coming up to lap you no doubt!!

Advertisement

#3940 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 19:39

As i keep coming up to lap you no doubt!!

Are you going to turn out to be another Mark Ibbotson!

#3941 col rooney

col rooney

• 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 19:50

[quote name='limjamrace' date='Jan 24 2010, 19:39' post='4093146']
Are you going to turn out to be another Mark Ibbotson!
[/quo

Dont know him so cant say i will turn out like him

#3942 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 23:10

PM :|

#3943 limjamrace

limjamrace

• 84 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 17:53

PM :|

Lighten -up ..Have a laugh with the rest of us!!

#3944 Kingsleyrob

Kingsleyrob

• 1,578 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 18:09

Seargeant Wilko - can you bring this thread to order and get us back on track for our meeting date...?

Does it look like Thursday 18th February at the :smoking: ?

#3945 alansart

alansart

• 4,419 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 18:37

Lighten -up ..Have a laugh with the rest of us!!

You might be having a laugh, but it's nought to do with with Northern England & Wales TNF meetings.

The proper thing to do is create your own thread for Impish banter :)

Cheers,

Alan

Edited by alansart, 25 January 2010 - 18:38.

#3946 col rooney

col rooney

• 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 19:53

You might be having a laugh, but it's nought to do with with Northern England & Wales TNF meetings.

Cheers,

Alan

Sorry i didnt realise you could not have a bit of banter between friends on the open forum , :wave:

col

#3947 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 20:50

Sorry i didnt realise you could not have a bit of banter between friends on the open forum , :wave:

col

You've not quite got the hang of this yet, have you col? Never mind matey, they're a patient lot round here...... The penny will drop eventually........hopefully............ :cat:

#3948 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 20:57

Cheers,

Alan

Now I have worked out what the sticker is on the side of the car :)

Posted Image

PAR

#3949 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,574 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:32

Seargeant Wilko - can you bring this thread to order and get us back on track for our meeting date...?

Does it look like Thursday 18th February at the :smoking: ?

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, I am not one of the moderators. If I was I would have removed all the "impish banter" and set up another thread in which they can play to their heart's content rather than fill this thread with their inane chatter.

As for Thursday the 18th at The Smoker - it's fine by me.

:wave:

#3950 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:42

As for Thursday the 18th at The Smoker - it's fine by me.

:wave:

In the diary :up:

PAR