Photo

OT- The Sith F1 World Tour! (China 10 pics up!)

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#1 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:18

Im off on my second leg of the ‘Sith world tour’ tomorrow. Here is a couple of shots from the first leg, the Melbourne and Malaysian GP’s.

I continue this weekend with the Indy 500, followed by the Canadian Grand Prix and Indianapolis Grand Prix. Any fellow Atlas’ers going to any of these events? Maybe we will catch up for them! PM me or reply in this thread if so! I hoep to be adding to this thread as i travel with photos and stories as i go, the more Atlas members I come across, the better!

I will also be adding to this later in the year during the 3rd leg of the ‘world tour’ when I visit Europe for the Italian and Belgium Grands prix, fourth leg will be the MotoGP in Malaysia and finishing up at the China F1 Grand Prix. It will be a busy year!

Posted Image

Melb GP- Pete's Bar (Atlas members are top left in merc cap Moderator Gerry Nassar , next to him in BAR cap Mat , Rakkikonen cap is myself, BMW Williams cap is the famous SeanValen , and in the far right of the pic is Clipper!

Posted Image

Melb GP- In the grand stands - clockwise from left Clipper, Gerry Nassar in Mercedes hat, at back SeanValen, and Mat at the front with the white cap.

Posted Image
Melb GP- all non Atlas members except for bumper on the far right!

Posted Image
Malaysian GP- Partying at the base of the towers: left to right is Mat, Sith, niwanda & clipper (all Atlas posters)

Posted Image
Malaysian GP- us going go-karting in the lead up to the race. Our game faces are on!

Advertisement

#2 MONTOYASPEED

MONTOYASPEED

• 8,110 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:21

Going to Canada, hopefully will catch you there unlike in Kuala Lumpur. :up:

#3 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,037 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 03:23

Going to the 500 ? :up:
Who ya rooting for?
I know what "rooting"means where you live so....
if you get THIS close to her give her a kiss for us will ya.

Jp

#4 Vilenova

Vilenova

• 2,869 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 03:31

Looks like it was a blast. :up:

#5 trow

trow

• 130 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:28

Sith when you get to Indy, be sure and give me a call I'll come out, pick you up and introduce you to a big group of folks. You'll have a blast! They are expecting you!

#6 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:55

Originally posted by trow
Sith when you get to Indy, be sure and give me a call I'll come out, pick you up and introduce you to a big group of folks. You'll have a blast! They are expecting you!

I'll see you at the Camp & Brew campsite!

#7 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 13:43

I'm back in L.A now, the last 4 days have been pretty hectic!! I got into Indianapolis late saturday, feeling very seedy (too much Canadian Club!!) from the night before out at Skybar. I went down to the track on Sat night to meet some people from AltasF1. As some of the photos suggest, it was one very crazy enviroment! There would've been over 200.000 people partying in Georgetown st, which was closed off. Think of the Bogan crowds you get on the sat nights at Bathurst, Phillip Island and Cavill ave at Indy on the Gold Coast, all rolled into one!!!! Only stayed about an 1hr, got my ticket and headed back into town and met up with a group of girls out on a Hens night. My body clock was still on Melb time, so didn't sleep at all.

Got to the Speedway early on Sunday morning, turns out the F1 race was being shown on a T.V at the Penske mechandise stand. I got to see the last 20 laps, i just knew Kimi wasn't gonna win it, the Mercedes Nur'burg curse continues!!! Seems Alonso is drinking from the "Schumacher fountain of luck!" The Indy500 is an amazing spectical, 400.000 people on raceday!! The highlight was when Danica took the lead, the place just came to life and everyone was hoping that she could win it!! She got 4th in the end, nobody knows who came 2nd or 3rd, it was all about the winner and Danica!!!! I'm sure she'll be back on the Letterman show to talk all about it.

Just looking forward to chilling out for a few days now, my body needs the rest!!!!

P.S, like all Indy500 winners, i had to take a shot of "kissing the bricks" ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,037 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 15:29

BRILLIANT!!!!
How the hell did you manage to get such great access?
I mean ON THE TRACK and ON PIT ROAD
Well Done Sith

BTW I read about the girls in the pink boas.
HERE... (see bottom of story)
Loved them beaver hats too!!!!

Indy looks like it's back!!!!
You sure picked a great one to attend

See you soon
Jp

#9 HSJ

HSJ

• 14,002 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 15:33

Originally posted by Vilenova
Looks like it was a blast. :up:

Indeed. :cool: :up:

#10 trow

trow

• 130 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 23:31

Originally posted by jonpollak
BRILLIANT!!!!
Well Done Sith

BTW I read about the girls in the pink boas.
HERE... (see bottom of story)
Loved them beaver hats too!!!!

Indy looks like it's back!!!!
You sure picked a great one to attend

See you soon
Jp

Tell me thats photo shopped?!?! lmao!

Wow, sith ... incredible! :cool:

#11 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 23:37

Originally posted by jonpollak
BRILLIANT!!!!
Well Done Sith
Jp

Dont worry if anyone can get that access - its Sith! (and no photoshop!)

Great pics! :up:

#12 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 00:12

Tell me thats photo shopped?!?! lmao!

Wow, sith ... incredible! :cool:

Trow! I came down to the camp site on sat night, but they said you had gone. I met a few of your friends, I ended up buying my ticket from Greg. That was just the spot i was wanting to sit at for the race!!!

As for my photo's, they're small fry!! I've got many Stories from last the 20 years of "sneaking into the pits" Taken many shots and taken home video stuff from right inside the garages during sessions over the years. (With Senna, Shummy and whoever else you care to mention inside the F1 paddock) If you've seen that movie "catch me if you can" Well i'm Australia's version. ;)

In short, think of the scene from Star wars (IV) when Obi-wan uses the force to get by the storm stroopers who are looking for the droids...

Look forward to catching up with when i get back to IndyF1!

#13 trow

trow

• 130 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 00:34

Originally posted by Sith

Trow! I came down to the camp site on sat night, but they said you had gone. I met a few of your friends, I ended up buying my ticket from Greg. That was just the spot i was wanting to sit at for the race!!!

As for my photo's, they're small fry!! I've got many Stories from last the 20 years of "sneaking into the pits" Taken many shots and taken home video stuff from right inside the garages during sessions over the years. (With Senna, Shummy and whoever else you care to mention inside the F1 paddock) If you've seen that movie "catch me if you can" Well i'm Australia's version.

In short, think of the scene from Star wars (IV) when Obi-wan uses the force to get by the storm stroopers who are looking for the droids...

That's fantastic. I didn't get my ticket until 1030 on SUnday morning in Tower Terrace. Scalpers. It's great they're legal in Indiana!!!! :lol:

I'm glad to hear the guys from C & B showed you some Hoosier Hospitality. They have a great setup there with loads of people dropping by. Everybody is considered family!

Check your PMs.

#14 trow

trow

• 130 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:25

Sith your mailbox is full .... :lol:

#15 HBoss

HBoss

• 4,220 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:10

Malaysian GP- No matter where you sit, it is always a great view at Sepang!

Credit to Tilke. We bash his tracks alot, but he does get some many things right. :up:

And your pictures are great. :up:

#16 cheesy poofs

cheesy poofs

• 3,243 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 19:16

Sith, you haven´t seen anything ´til you see Montreal.

:D

#17 indycarjunkie

indycarjunkie

• 2,699 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 19:38

You mean the Jedi Mind Trick works on the Yellow Shirts? :eek: You are either one lucky or one cunning bastard. Sorry I missed you but I hope to see you for the USGP. I'm glad you had a great time. Its kinda slow at work today....maybe I'll post some of my own pics of the 500 later this afternoon.

#18 The First MH

The First MH

• 9,958 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 20:53

Gerry Nassar looks like Tomas Schekter :cool:

#19 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 21:05

I find it ironic this Sith world tour is operating in the same year the last star wars film revenge of the sith is doing the rounds everywhere, a Sith year, planned or not.

Cracking photos. :up:

:smoking:

Advertisement

#20 trow

trow

• 130 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 21:40

Sith, how on earth did you manage to wear shorts in what looks to be a hot pit?

#21 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 23:22

Originally posted by The First MH
Gerry Nassar looks like Tomas Schekter :cool:

:lol:

Thats an interesting one. Will have to check out some pics! :drunk:

#22 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:10

Originally posted by cheesy poofs
Sith, you haven´t seen anything ´til you see Montreal.:D

I've been invited to an F1 party at J.V's restaurant. I've been hearing nothing but WILD STORIES about Montreal F1 since i got back to L.A from my friend who goes every year!!!

#23 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:17

Originally posted by indycarjunkie
ou mean the Jedi Mind Trick works on the Yellow Shirts? :eek: You are either one lucky or one cunning bastard. Sorry I missed you but I hope to see you for the USGP. I'm glad you had a great time. Its kinda slow at work today....maybe I'll post some of my own pics of the 500 later this afternoon.

Been doing this for 20 years, that would be one long streak of luck! Again to quote another line from Obi-wan in Episode IV, "There's no such thing as luck!" Cunning is only one part of the equation... Have you seen that Clint Eastwood movie, Heatbreak Ridge..

One of my mottos when faced with adversity is, "Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

#24 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:26

Originally posted by SeanValen
I find it ironic this Sith world tour is operating in the same year the last star wars film revenge of the sith is doing the rounds everywhere, a Sith year, planned or not. Cracking photos. :up: :smoking:

I couldn't believe the coincidence myself when im started planning it last year!!!

#25 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:29

Sith, how on earth did you manage to wear shorts in what looks to be a hot pit?

I'm always in shorts at these events, It took for me to be in pitlane at Fontana 99 to find out that shorts are not norm in U.S racing due to the methanol.

#26 MONTOYASPEED

MONTOYASPEED

• 8,110 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:34

I've been invited to an F1 party at J.V's restaurant. I've been hearing nothing but WILD STORIES about Montreal F1 since i got back to L.A from my friend who goes every year!!!

Having been to both the Canadian and Malaysian GP I'd rank the Malaysian one a tad above the Canadian one. :)

#27 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:46

Originally posted by MONTOYASPEED
Having been to both the Canadian and Malaysian GP I'd rank the Malaysian one a tad above the Canadian one. :)

I've been to every race at Sepang, and i can see why you would say that. I don't think it's fair to compare any race to Malaysia except one of the new Tilke tracks since Malaysia. I think the only that could out do it would be China. (I'll be able to compare in October) Just tell me that Montreal is NOTHING LIKE THE HUMIDITY OF SEPANG!!! :eek:

#28 MONTOYASPEED

MONTOYASPEED

• 8,110 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:52

I've been to every race at Sepang, and i can see why you would say that. I don't think it's fair to compare any race to Malaysia except one of the new Tilke tracks since Malaysia. I think the only that could out do it would be China. (I'll be able to compare in October) Just tell me that Montreal is NOTHING LIKE THE HUMIDITY OF SEPANG!!! :eek:

Dude, I live in Florida and believe me, not even the worst humidity here compares to Kuala Lumpur. :D

#29 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 04:46

Originally posted by MONTOYASPEED
Dude, I live in Florida and believe me, not even the worst humidity here compares to Kuala Lumpur. :D

The slogan "World's hottest race!" sure does fit the description of Sepang!!!

#30 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 00:58

I've been taking a pitstop in L.A since the Indy500, i went to Luguna beach last saturday morning for an exotic car gathering. I went down to the collisium. I also checked out some pretty amazing F1 merchandise at an F1 shop in Bervery Hills. The guy's got 3 Schumacher helmets, including the latest Schuberth. Kimi's steering wheel is going for $25,000!!! I'm gonna buy the Senna helmet when i get back to L.A. Had a few wild nights out, here's some pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 trow

trow

• 130 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:19

We're not worthy .... we're not worthy ... :cool:

#32 A Wheel Nut

A Wheel Nut

• 4,739 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:51

[B]Posted Image

Sorry, just felt that this photo needed to be shown more than once. Specifically for the girl in the white shirt, standing second from the left.

#33 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:54

What a great weekend at Montreal, they really do love their F1! I got into then pits on Friday, my Senna top was abit of a hot topic.. Nearly all of the people i got pics with commented on it. Esp JPM and Mansour Ojjieh. I even had a photgrapher ask me to pose for him, he's gonna put the shot in a mag later this month. The pay t.v channel in germany called "premier t.v" (i think??) that shows F1. The host included me in a piece they were doing, describing the "modern day F1 fan" Ventured my way out onto the pit lane took some good shots. I then hitched a ride on a golf buggy and did a lap of the track. Race day was fantastic! Last night i went Go karting with fellow Atlas's! It was alot of fun!!! Started from pole, then had the Minardi for the race.. I must have spunout about 5 times!!! I must say that everyone behaved very well on the track.. Thanks again to Arrow4ever for giving me a ride back to town, and Cheesypoof for organising the Go karting! This morning Horner, Brundle, Blundell and Louise were on my flight to N.Y.

Posted Image
Lookout RTL, there could be an Aussie host soon!!! ;)

Posted Image
This was JPM's reaction when i warned him about the red light. :lol:

Posted Image
The 2 top jouno's in the paddock! (and MEGA blokes to!!!)

Posted Image
A pair of lovely Jordan hostess!!

Posted Image
These guys were really livin it up.

Posted Image
It's all about the Havana rum!!!

Posted Image
Your dad told me that your look gay with that ear ring!!! :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image
The home crowd goes mad for J.V!!!!!

Posted Image
This boy just discovered the meaning of premature ej........

Posted Image
A very close shave..

Posted Image
Red Bull gives you hornes!!! (and nose rings!)

Posted Image

Posted Image
The AtlasF1 Canadian meet and greet crew...

#34 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,037 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:46

Pix supreeeeme :clap:

Your next assignment.... check out the SPEED Channel Party at the http://www.malibuonmaryland.com/ 7pm-10pm Friday night.

Jp

PS...What are the results from the AtlasF1 Kart Race?

#35 mark f1

mark f1

• 4,359 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:48

OMG!!!!!

Please sensei, teach me all that you know..........

#36 HSJ

HSJ

• 14,002 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:58

Damn! :eek: Great stuff....

#37 Mat

Mat

• 7,683 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:30

Great stuff mate! :up:

#38 The Soul Stealer

The Soul Stealer

• 6,354 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:38

Hehehe
Cheesy Poofs looks like he’s posing for a mug shot! :D

#39 kodandaram

kodandaram

• 4,378 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 08:47

Originally posted by The Soul Stealer
Hehehe
Cheesy Poofs looks like he’s posing for a mug shot! :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: couldn't agree more ....so that guy is cheesy poofs ? :lol:

Advertisement

#40 Mat

Mat

• 7,683 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:50

can anyone put names to faces in the Atlas group shot?

#41 Jhope

Jhope

• 9,440 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:53

Posted Image

Top: Sith
Top Row: cjpani, Jhope, StickShift, Cece, Mosquito, Hector
Bottom Row: cjpani friend 2, Jordan191, Arrows4ever, cheesy poofs, cjpani friend 3

#42 Chris G.

Chris G.

• 6,585 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:12

Sith - Thoroughly enjoyed the pictures and reports!!! :up: :up: :up: :up:

#43 Bumper

Bumper

• 1,967 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 13:38

Awesome pics Sith :up:

#44 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 13:54

Sith you deserve some sort of undergound f1 award, you've out done yourself with those pictures, I thought you almost got a picture of Schuey, but regardless, 10/10, great stuff.
:up:

cjpani, jack daniels fan, excellent. :smoking:

#45 indycarjunkie

indycarjunkie

• 2,699 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 14:26

Originally posted by Jhope
Posted Image

Top: Sith
Top Row: cjpani, Jhope, StickShift, Cece, Mosquito, cjpani friend 1
Bottom Row: cjpani friend 2, Jordan191, Arrows4ever, cheesy poofs, cjpani friend 3

Isn't maxpapis missing from this photo? Wasn't she making the trek up to Montreal?

How is it you are able to do all this Sith? I figure either you have a mountain of disposable income or you are lucky enough to swing all-expense paid press passes to go.

#46 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 15:26

Originally posted by indycarjunkie
How is it you are able to do all this Sith? I figure either you have a mountain of disposable income or you are lucky enough to swing all-expense paid press passes to go.

No passes my friend!!!! You cannot buy paddock passes!! What day is the meet and greet and the Hard Rock this weekend??

#47 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 15:30

Originally posted by SeanValen
Sith you deserve some sort of undergound f1 award, you've out done yourself with those pictures, I thought you almost got a picture of Schuey, but regardless, 10/10, great stuff.
:up:

cjpani, jack daniels fan, excellent. :smoking:

SV, i've got many shots with Shuey over the past 10 years. One of which is framed when he had a tattoo on his right wrist!! I really liked your pics from Sunday's get together.

#48 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 15:31

Just realised i've left a few pics out, i'll add them later today...

#49 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 16:25

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 JayWay

JayWay

• 11,618 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 22:41

Nice pics. Looks like you all had a lot of fun.