Please click and then send your pics and info:

http://ferrariexpert.....g bandini.htm

-cliff

Advertisement

#2 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,210 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:28

We do, of course, have a TNF member with a Devin...

Lee's car is built on an early fifties Chrysler chassis.

#3 etceterini.com

etceterini.com

• 288 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 23:51

I hope he sees this post and sends pictures. I'm looking for as many
Devin or Devin bodied cars as possible for my page.

-cliff

#4 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 00:35

Here's one...Stan Burnett's first special, Devin body, Chev engine. First photo, at speed, second photo, victory lap, as he won the first Player's Pacific at Westwood in 1962...

Posted Image Posted Image

Photos by Ted Langton-Adams, copyright Eric Faulks.

Vince Howlett, Victoria, B.C., Canada

#5 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,210 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:38

Originally posted by etceterini.com
I hope he sees this post and sends pictures. I'm looking for as many
Devin or Devin bodied cars as possible for my page.

Send him a PM...

#6 CRX Lee

CRX Lee

• 37 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 13:48

Glad that I checked in and saw this Devin thread. I haven't been able to visit this site much of late but do enjoy the nuggets that I find when I can .

I would be happy to share photos of my Chevy engined, Chrysler framed Devin. It is an ex-drag car turned short term street car that at the moment is more of a very complete core awaiting restoration. I have recently received a fresh copy of the long lost title and even some small b/w photos of my car dated from 1965 so once again I have the urge to begin the needed work.

Over the last decade, I have amassed what is a pretty decent little collection of Devin articles, photos, brochures, etc. that I would be happy to share if someone would like scans for the new website. I also now have three or four small magazine/books published in the 1950s that highlight the many racing specials of the era that are pretty interesting. I haven't figured out how to post photos here yet but can email. I am building a web site for my small lapping day/driving event company and I plan to do a Devin page on it as well. There is a gentleman is California with a pair of Devin Cs (Corvair powered) who has started a small page as well. Another gentleman writes for a kit car magazine and bought one of the unfinished cars from Bill devin himself and is completing it.

Since Bill's passing several years ago, not much has been done to my knowledge to put info on these cars into organized web form. I think there are about dozen or so very interested and knowledgable Devin folks who if they pooled their information could create a very strong resource for information and assistance. Because of their great value of the Devin SS cars, I have found some SS owners to be very fickle about sharing info etc. as there is some argument about the number of true SS cars and some considered to not be real. I have no claims that my car is anything but a kit car, in fact I am intrigued by the mongrel nature of these specials. Devin items and even cars show up on Ebay every few weeks so you can set up an automatic search and be emailed when something shows up. A number of cars (mostly rough and incomplete) show up on Ebay but normally they do not get the required minimum bids.

So yes, I'd be happy to share anything that I have. I'd love to see more info on these interesting cars available to anyone who was interested.

#7 etceterini.com

etceterini.com

• 288 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 14:01

Great!! Please send scans to cliff@cliffreuter.com. I too love these cars
and not been able to find very much on the web, hence my new page.

Thanks,

Cliff Reuter
www.etceterini.com

#8 Frank S

Frank S

• 2,162 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:35

There was one at the Fabulous Fifties' 2005 Concours d'Provenance:

http://www.fototime....4BA4F8/orig.jpg
http://www.fototime....E64C53/orig.jpg
http://www.fototime....EA2E89/orig.jpg

I seem to remember seeing one in the Hollfelder collection.

#9 CRX Lee

CRX Lee

• 37 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 17:22

I have seen the blue car in Frank S's photos run twice very strongly at the Monterey Historics. The car is owned I beleive by the gentleman who has purchased many of the right to the Devin name, some molds and parts. That car was restored by Chris Wickersham who could be considered the leading Devin restorer these days. There are actually three Devins in the Hollfelder collection, a pair of Devin SS and one Devin C all is excellent condition and care.

Cliff and I have made contact and he now has some of my images up on the Devin page of web site. My Devin project is shown there as well.

#10 TooTall

TooTall

• 336 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:51

Hi Cliff,

Here are a few more for you. Feel free to copy them for your page.

This is the same car Frank photographed. It belongs to Dick Jutras. Note how the engine is offset to the right.
Posted Image

This is a genuine Devin SS. I believe it is one of Tom Holfelter's (sp) cars.
Posted ImagePosted Image

A very nice Corvair powered Devin C.
Posted ImagePosted Image

If you look closely you can see the tail end of a rather decrepit Devin Body sitting above the TR in this garden shed.
Posted Image

Cheers,
Kurt O.

#11 etceterini.com

etceterini.com

• 288 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:47

Thanks guys for the pictures and information!! I've added it to
my page:

http://ferrariexpert.....g bandini.htm

I'll continue to add to this page and eventually would like to have
an owners registry.