Mark Donohue celebration at Road America July, 2010

• Please log in to reply
652 replies to this topic

#451 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 20:38

Folks:

Not every car on the track at Road America was a fast one, though this proves that at least one Porsche GT3 owner may be desperately calling his mechanic:

Posted Image

The 2CV belongs to my friend Tom Warth, he of Classic Motorbokks fame; we drove it 300 miles each way from Minneapolis, drafting everything from bicyclists to milk trucks.

Frank

OOOOooooooohooooo ! Bogity ! Bogity ! Boogity ! Lets go racing boys ! :love: As Darrel Waltrip might say :stoned:

Thanks for posting this photo Frank :up:

Advertisement

#452 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 21:18

Folks:

Not every car on the track at Road America was a fast one, though this proves that at least one Porsche GT3 owner may be desperately calling his mechanic:

Posted Image

The 2CV belongs to my friend Tom Warth, he of Classic Motorbooks fame; we drove it 300 miles each way from Minneapolis, drafting everything from bicyclists to milk trucks.

Frank

Frank, I assume that Mr. Warth had just popped out of the slipstream of the Porsche and that at the time this photo was taken that you were blasting past it!
Tom

#453 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 00:15

Posted Image
Party hosted by Rick and Jacques Dresang on Thursday night
This was a very nice event at the Crystal Lake home of the Dresang's
At the table are Andree Mayer with her back to us, Bob Mayer and Michael Argetsinger. On the right host Jacques Dresang.
Posted Image
Host Rick Dresang and Michael Argetsinger.

Edited by Jerry Entin, 17 August 2010 - 01:35.

#454 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 00:31

Posted Image
Numero Uno Paul Powell
Paul Powell worked tirelessly all weekend long to make sure the honored guests were well taken care of.
To say he did a great job of getting the cars and the people to this event, would be an understatement.

Edited by Jerry Entin, 23 July 2010 - 00:40.

#455 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 00:44

Posted Image
On the right Ike Smith and Paula Hardison and David Bull
On the left Maria Garrity and Bob Hardison. This is from the Thursday night get together at the Dresang's

Edited by Jerry Entin, 23 July 2010 - 01:56.

#456 Wayne Fetter

Wayne Fetter

• 63 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:45

Was really glad to see all the Mark Donohue cars up there...it's always been a wich to see the 917/30 at RA...I started going to the Sprints with my dad back in '78 when I was 10, so I missed out on those great can-am years and the vinatge races are a good way to experience these truely beautiful cars...wouldn't it be great if Porsche would do a continuation of the 917's (can always dream). It's too bad a lap or 2 couldn't have been done without the passanger for us shutter bugs (is that you Paul?...hmmm?....:+)...if it was you were deserving)....but there is no way I would turn down a ride shotgun on this stallion. Thanks to Paul for organizing this so we got to see it here...it was long overdue.

Posted Image

#457 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:48

Posted Image
Oscar Koveleski and Ike Smith
Oscar did a great job of greeting the CanAm drivers and crew. Pam Shatraw was also very instrumental in the CanAm effort at Elkhart Lake.

#458 UAR66

UAR66

• 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:57

Was really glad to see all the Mark Donohue cars up there...it's always been a wich to see the 917/30 at RA...I started going to the Sprints with my dad back in '78 when I was 10, so I missed out on those great can-am years and the vinatge races are a good way to experience these truely beautiful cars...wouldn't it be great if Porsche would do a continuation of the 917's (can always dream). It's too bad a lap or 2 couldn't have been done without the passanger for us shutter bugs (is that you Paul?...hmmm?....:+)...if it was you were deserving)....but there is no way I would turn down a ride shotgun on this stallion. Thanks to Paul for organizing this so we got to see it here...it was long overdue.

Posted Image

Yes it was me....I told Matt the car owner it would be better without me, but it was one of the coolest thing I have ever done, 2nd to having my kids.....It was a once in a lifetime thing for me and a wonderful way to honor Mark with "the last lap" for him.....

#459 VWV

VWV

• 317 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:12

2) riding in the 2CV for five laps during the touring session on Saturday; we were passed by all of the cars but regained our status by cutting inside on the corners and taking shortcuts over the grass.

Seeing this happen going up the hill at turn 5 was one of many wonderful memories from an amazing weekend :clap:

Sorry for the delay in posting some of my pics from the weekend.

Posted Image

A mini TNF get together, Walt Vitez (VWV), Tom Schultz (RA Historian), Brian Brown (B Squared), Paul Medici

Posted Image

Michael Argetsinger signing copies of his book

Posted Image

Book signing Panel

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Michael Hosting the Donohue Breakfast

Posted Image

Peter Luongo, Peter's son, Barry Tenin, Brian Brown

I had an excellent weekend but I regreat that we could not have have a better TNF meet & greet on the Saturday. Thanks to all who made my trip to Road America a wonderful experience.

Advertisement

#460 WDH74

WDH74

• 1,360 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:57

Thought I'd share some more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#461 sblick

sblick

• 1,208 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:27

Here are my pics, 400 of them. Some good some bad. You can tell my bias toward Can Am and Mark's 917/30. There was a Focus RS in the Ford stand that I couldn't resist either. Hopefully the link works. This is the first time I have used Picasa.

http://picasaweb.goo...rianRedman2010#

#462 SKL

SKL

• 1,416 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:01

Bet they're great pix, but the link says no public access... :(

#463 SKL

SKL

• 1,416 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:03

Concerning that picture with the guy riding on the side of the 917- is that photoshopped? A few years ago, a paddock marsahll had a fit when my son was riding on the side of my SRF on the way to the grid, in the paddock!!

#464 B Squared

B Squared

• 7,349 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:58

Concerning that picture with the guy riding on the side of the 917- is that photoshopped?

Most assuredly not!

photos:B²
Posted Image
Matt Drendel, David Bull & Michael Argetsinger before the run. Note, the left door is removed.
Posted Image
Chief mechanic on the Porsche when Mark Donohue ran the 917/30, John "Woody" Woodard helps strap Paul in.
Posted Image
A checkered flag for the drive to pit lane and the in lap.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Brian Redman made it to pit road to watch with the rest of us.
Posted Image
Paul Powell after hanging on for two rather quick laps.

Much more of the weekend and on pages 22 & 23, Matt Drendel & Paul Powell at speed. Note the "death grip" on the roll bar. :rotfl:
http://www.timothyba...n3VFH#942734989

Great to be home. More later in the day. Thanks, as always, for the interest.

#465 SCHKEE T332

SCHKEE T332

• 169 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 13:40

I really enjoyed the event (as I do every year). I wish it was a 2 week deal like Monterey. The KIC and the pre-KIC.
I think this thread is merged with the general report from the Kohler thread so if that is the case here is my in-car video
from the Can Am race. If it should not be in this thread feel free to remove it or scold the poster !

#466 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 14:16

Johan:

Great video...no pond swimming this year? That motor had some serious grunt. I thought you showed great patience and used good judgment amongst some expensive equipment.

Wish I had been there with all you guys; maybe next year. :up:

#467 sblick

sblick

• 1,208 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 15:52

Fixed my link. First shot at it and I removed some pictures and re-downloaded the pictures. When I redid it the pictures became private instead of public

http://picasaweb.goo...790611300736194

#468 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:24

1966 Canadian Driving champion George Chapman was at our Mission, B.C. Historic event last weekend. He said that Canada Corner at Road America was named after him. He is from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. He said that earlier on in his driving, he led some races there, but often ended up spinning at that corner, so they named it Canada Corner after him.

Vince H.

#469 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 14:18

1966 Canadian Driving champion George Chapman was at our Mission, B.C. Historic event last weekend. He said that Canada Corner at Road America was named after him. He is from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. He said that earlier on in his driving, he led some races there, but often ended up spinning at that corner, so they named it Canada Corner after him.

Vince H.

Wishful thinking. Corner 12 at Road America was nicknamed Canada Corner long before Chapman. In the early days of the track local Boy Scout troops were engaged to clean the grounds the Monday after a race. They reported picking up a large number of empty Canadian beer cans plus a lot of Canadian film boxes at Corner 12. Clif Tufte, founder, president, promoter, et al of the track, immediately dubbed Corner 12 "Canada Corner" and had signs put up to that effect. It has nothing to do with Mr. Chapman, who, truth be told, accomplished precious little at this track. Just another fish story, the length growing with the passage of time.

Tom
Road America Track Historian

#470 SCHKEE T332

SCHKEE T332

• 169 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 14:38

Fixed my link. First shot at it and I removed some pictures and re-downloaded the pictures. When I redid it the pictures became private instead of public

http://picasaweb.goo...790611300736194

Great pictures and videos ! Thanks !

#471 SCHKEE T332

SCHKEE T332

• 169 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 14:40

Wishful thinking. Corner 12 at Road America was nicknamed Canada Corner long before Chapman. In the early days of the track local Boy Scout troops were engaged to clean the grounds the Monday after a race. They reported picking up a large number of empty Canadian beer cans plus a lot of Canadian film boxes at Corner 12. Clif Tufte, founder, president, promoter, et al of the track, immediately dubbed Corner 12 "Canada Corner" and had signs put up to that effect. It has nothing to do with Mr. Chapman, who, truth be told, accomplished precious little at this track. Just another fish story, the length growing with the passage of time.

Tom
Road America Track Historian

I always heard that it was called Canada Corner because if your brakes failed you would end up in Canada.

#472 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:53

Johan:

BTW...how were the fish in that pond?

#473 B Squared

B Squared

• 7,349 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:10

All of these photos were taken on Friday for the initial sales and release of Michael Argetsinger & David Bull's Mark Donohue: His Life In Photographs

Posted Image
Newman Haas IndyCar hangs in the lobby of the Road America offices
Posted Image
Maria Bull Garrity was more than prepared to let the sales begin. An intelligent, hard working lady that was so much fun to be around for the course of the weekend.
Posted Image
Placard with the book sales information and signing schedule.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Chuck Sprague and John Woodard look over the Porsche
Posted Image
Contributing photographer Pete Luongo shares his personal collection with Karl Kainhofer.
Posted Image
Chuck Cantwell and contributing photographer (including cover image on regular edition) Barry Tenin. I saw many smiling faces such as Barry's throughout the weekend.
Posted Image
Sales and signing begin.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Author Michael Argetsinger who stood to greet and converse with each and every person who came through the line. He personalizes all of his signatures and hand writes in the date and location of the signing on each book. A most gracious and knowledgeable man. Possibly Jerry Entin having an ice cream behind Michael?
Posted Image
Sally Stokes Swart with Michael Argetsinger discussing Jim Clark, his family, Michael's family and shared memories of days at Watkins Glen. Michael introduced me to Sally and we ended up talking for over an hour in visits on consecutive days. What a pleasure to talk of her time at Indianapolis with Jim in 1965, and her fondness for "dear Dario" Franchitti.
Posted Image
Karl Kainhofer was seen visiting with George Cornwell numerous times over the weekend.
Posted Image
The panel of Team members ready to sign Mark Donohue: His Life In Photographs. Left to right: Jerry Kroninger, Peter Law, Ron Fournier, Karl Kainhofer, Chuck Cantwell.
Posted Image
My friend Jeff Filz with his production Mark Donohue Javelin. Jeff worked tirelessly since this Reunion was announced to have the car completed on time for this gathering. Congratulations on a beautiful job, Jeff. :up:
Posted Image
The Donohue group of cars and transporter downtown Elkhart Lake.
Posted Image
The 1972 Indianapolis 500 winning Penske/Sunoco/McLaren M16B that was so kindly sent by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. Special thanks to Ellen Bireley and Terry Gunter for making this possible. Walter Goodwin of Race Car Restorations brought John Darlington's 1970 Lola T153 which Mark drove to 2nd in the Indy 500. Thanks so much for putting in the effort to make it. Jacques Dresang is between the cars.
Posted Image
Posted Image
A rare quiet moment for Jacques Dresang and Michael Argetsinger
Posted Image
Michael & I in front of my favorite Mark Donohue car. I remember that Indy 500 in 1972 like it was yesterday.

#474 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:04

B Squadron, Jerry Entin always carries a spoon with him...maybe even a fork. :rotfl: :rolleyes:

#475 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 20:05

Fabulous pix Brian worth the wait, thanks for sharing :up:

#476 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 23:51

I always heard that it was called Canada Corner because if your brakes failed you would end up in Canada.

Nope, another oft-repeated tall tale. The truth is as I posted in #469.
Tom

#477 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,966 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 00:29

Many thanks for all of the photos everyone. Looks like it was a wonderful get-together and so great to see that Sally Stokes Swart was there.
John

#478 Wayne Fetter

Wayne Fetter

• 63 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:50

Was going to post a few more earlier but with 11 inches of rain in northern IL I was a wee bit busy with water issues. Here's Mark's 1973 Indy 500 car - also, question for Paul....isn't there 'supposed' to be a seat for the passenger? :lol:

Posted Image

#479 jm70

jm70

• 143 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 17:01

Well, I see my dayglo orange hat in the second and third shots in post 459. Did have an enjoyable time.

Advertisement

#480 B Squared

B Squared

• 7,349 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:41

jm - I wish you would have introduced yourself to one of the many in the Donohue tent that you were a contributor to TNF, you would have been welcomed by all. Glad you had a good time.

Posted Image
A rainy Sunday morning about to give way to a beautiful sunrise over Road America.
Posted Image
Paul Powell and Michael Argetsinger before that morning's breakfast.
Posted Image
A great set up for a first class and delicious meal and gathering.
Posted Image
The International Motor Racing Research Center's volunteer of the year, Randy Cook and historian, Bill Green made their first trip to Elkhart Lake. Shown with B², great to talk to you gentlemen throughout your stay.
Posted Image
Paul Powell, Maria Garrity, David Bull and Michael Argetsinger before the rush.
Posted Image
George Bruggenthies, President of Road America and gracious host.
Posted Image
Michael Argetsinger with TNF alumni, Paul Medici and Susan.
Posted Image
Chuck Cantwell and Jack Deren.
Posted Image
Fellow TNF members Chuck Brandt and Tom Schultz.
Posted Image
Maria Garrity with Bob and Andree Mayer.
Posted Image
A hungry and interested crowd lines up for breakfast.
Posted Image
Michael Argetsinger emcee'd the event, impeccably, per usual.
Posted Image
Gib Hufstader
Posted Image
Sunoco's Bill Preston
Posted Image
Ron Fournier with Paul Powell.
Posted Image
Peter Law at the microphone with Jerry Kroninger and John "Woody" Woodard on either side.
Posted Image
Rick Dresang
Posted Image
Don Filz, Sunoco's Jerry Kroninger and B². Jerry has become a good friend since we met last April in Watkins Glen. Much appreciated on this end - thanks Jerry.
Posted Image
A photo of a photo of Mark on the ramps of the transporter now owned and beautifully restored by the Dresang's.
Posted Image
Brian Redman with my close friend, Jeff Filz.
Posted Image
Brian Redman makes my friend, Paul Rasmussen, quite happy by getting his signature on a piece of artwork.
Posted Image
Michael Argetsinger, Brian Redman and David Bull.

Edited by B Squared, 27 July 2010 - 18:13.

#481 deancrew

deancrew

• 19 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:00

Yes it was me....I told Matt the car owner it would be better without me, but it was one of the coolest thing I have ever done, 2nd to having my kids.....It was a once in a lifetime thing for me and a wonderful way to honor Mark with "the last lap" for him.....

Does anybody know why the color of the 917-30 is so Bright . . .Almost violet. Seems like all the images from '73 . . .even the poster of the Book . . .show a much Darker color on the car than we see now?

#482 Wayne Fetter

Wayne Fetter

• 63 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:28

Moving along to Brian French's Benetton F1 car...he graciously took it out on the track on Sunday when the track was still a bit damp from a heavy downpoor:

Posted Image

#483 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 21:03

Moving along to Brian French's Benetton F1 car...he graciously took it out on the track on Sunday when the track was still a bit damp from a heavy downpoor:

Brian does love to play with this car. Not too many people are aware that it is powered by a Judd V-10, not a Renault engine.
Tom

#484 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 21:43

Brian does love to play with this car. Not too many people are aware that it is powered by a Judd V-10, not a Renault engine.
Tom

I suspect with the astronomical costs of F1 engines in the last twenty years we will see this swapping of engines with increasing regularity indeed there is a group called F10, or maybe even V10, who specialise in converting recent F1 cars into reliable runners with, I believe the Judd V10.

#485 Wayne Fetter

Wayne Fetter

• 63 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:13

Some of Mark's other cars on track:

Cameros - Parade Laps on Saturday:
Posted Image

Javlins - Parade Laps on Saturday:
Posted Image

1967 Lola T-70 Lightweight Spyder - Satruday Afternoon:
Posted Image

#486 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 14:50

I suspect with the astronomical costs of F1 engines in the last twenty years we will see this swapping of engines with increasing regularity

Exactly. First of all, the availability of the original engines is very questionable. Many manufacturers, I suspect, simply will not allow their engines to be sold outside the inner circle. Secondly, there is the question of electronics. OK, so you may have the basic Renault V-10, but you do not have the electronics to run the engine as the factory will not sell that.

The Judd V-10 presents an available, relatively (compared to the original works engine) inexpensive, and reliable alternative. Hence, most recent vintage F-1 cars running in these parts are all powered by Judd V-10s.

Brian French has had a succession of F-1 cars; two Ferrari F-93As, two Jordan 197s, and now the Benetton. He originally ran one of the Ferraris with its as delivered V-12 (sounded wonderful) but soon converted it to a Judd V-10. His ace engineer, Carl Liebich, told me at the time that the Judd was much easier to run, easier to service, and had ready availability. Interestingly enough, his Jordans had the Peugeot V-10s, but outside of a few exhibition spins, Brian did not run them much at all.

A few years ago French raced the Ferrari-Judd at Road America. The reporter for Vintage Motorsport magazine rapturously reported about the fabulous sounds of the "Ferrari V-12" (sic). Except that, of course, it was not a Ferrari V-12, but rather a Judd V-10... :rolleyes:

Tom

#487 Aero426

Aero426

• 214 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 15:24

The Judd V-10 presents an available, relatively (compared to the original works engine) inexpensive, and reliable alternative. Hence, most recent vintage F-1 cars running in these parts are all powered by Judd V-10s.

I was looking at the Benetton up in the new paddock garages with my nephew, a first time visitor to Road America and road racing newbie. We were discussing the complexity of running one of these cars outside the works. I explained to him that the Judd is sort of the equivalent of the small block Chevy for modern F1 cars; just more exotic and expensive.

Edited by Aero426, 30 July 2010 - 15:25.

#488 ZOOOM

ZOOOM

• 522 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 15:40

Tom,
I suppose there will be those who will complain that these repowered cars are no longer "pure" and thus re-creations!
Sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like it was a wonderfull event (again!).
ZOOOM

#489 B Squared

B Squared

• 7,349 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 15:58

My pictures from early Thursday as I got in my only walk through of the vintage paddock.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#490 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 18:53

I was looking at the Benetton up in the new paddock garages with my nephew, a first time visitor to Road America and road racing newbie. We were discussing the complexity of running one of these cars outside the works. I explained to him that the Judd is sort of the equivalent of the small block Chevy for modern F1 cars; just more exotic and expensive.

I think that you made a very apt analogy!
Tom

#491 scags

scags

• 405 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 00:19

Was the Audi a factory car? I didn't think any are in private hands.

#492 Aero426

Aero426

• 214 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:31

At least three different R8's and one Bentley are in private hands in the USA. They have all been to a vintage event at Road America in recent years. I would never say they are simple to campaign, but Bill Adam has indicated that for these cars to run the short vintage race meet sessions, they aren't breathing hard at all.

Edited by Aero426, 31 July 2010 - 01:35.

#493 Wayne Fetter

Wayne Fetter

• 63 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:21

A couple of the Audi on the track - it was a 2005:

Corner 5:
Posted Image

Between corner 5-6:
Posted Image

#494 Wayne Fetter

Wayne Fetter

• 63 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:41

They Also Had a 2002 Cadillac up there, was on track Saturday, but that was the only time I saw it out there:
Posted Image

#495 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 13:17

Two Audi R-8s were at the KIC. Travis Engen and George Stauffer are the owners. Stauffer also has a Bentley Speed 8 in his collection. I talked to one of the mechanics on Engen's team and he told me that the Audi came without the works electronics package and that they have had to make their own. That must be a chore.

As stated above, there were two Cadillac LMPs from the start of this decade on hand also.

Tom

#496 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 13:20

Posted Image
Robert Ryan's McLaren Mk 6 at turn 5

Posted Image
Louis Casazza's McKee Mk 7 at turn 5

photos: Gus Meyjes

Edited by Jerry Entin, 31 July 2010 - 13:25.

#497 WDH74

WDH74

• 1,360 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 16:31

A pointy thing.

Posted Image

#498 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 19:21

Love this weekends installment of pics looks like you had yourselves a mini Goodwood Festival of Speed, thanks to all who posted :clap:

#499 scags

scags

• 405 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 21:55

At least three different R8's and one Bentley are in private hands in the USA. They have all been to a vintage event at Road America in recent years. I would never say they are simple to campaign, but Bill Adam has indicated that for these cars to run the short vintage race meet sessions, they aren't breathing hard at all.

Thanks. a Bentley and an R8 were at Lime rock last year for display, but I was more interested in vintage cars, at a vintage weekend. Wait 30 years, and hope for the best!

Advertisement

#500 Wayne Fetter

Wayne Fetter

• 63 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:19

Here's a few pics I took in the paddock on Friday:

1963 Kellison J-2 - I really liked the color on this and thought the noggin' bubbles gave it a unique look too - didn't know much about the make until I got home and looked it up - it looks like Kellison's are kit cars from back in the day - anyone know much on this vehicle?

Posted Image

Mark Simpson's 1958 Scarab continuation:

Posted Image

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Dan Lipetz's Lola suffered some damage, here is a shot of the bodywork damage, it was nice to see it back on the track on Sunday:

Posted Image

Jim Bradley's 1967 Camaro "Sylvester" (nice fun touch to the paint job):

Posted Image

Engine bay of the 917/30:

Posted Image

Front Wheel of the 917/30 - this may sound quirky, but IMO the wheels are kind of like icing on the cake, it just really sets of the entire presentation of the 917-30, (I can't even picture anything with spokes or chrome/metallic on it):

Posted Image