Photo

Fantasy Racers '09

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:03

Due to the popularity and the incredibly close season last year i have set up Autosport F1 private league again.
The teams are not 100% as of yet due to Torro Rosso not completed sign up but you can go in and pick a team and join up to the private league and adjust your teams when all is settled.

If you are unaware of the fun last season i have included a link to the thread and there are pics available of the trophy that was snapped from a grasp at the last minute (felt a bit like Massa at the end of 08)
http://forums.autosp...?threadid=99303

Choose your team within budget and win prizes each month for top scores.
Once you have chosen your team you then go and join private league using the details below.

Autosport F1 Go to join private league and enter
League Number - 33
Password - bulletin (all lower case)
I have won a dvd from here previously and no spam.

Looing forward to another good season and more players this time.
Thanks,
k1ngy

Advertisement

#2 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 19:27

For those who are into the whole facebook thing i have set up a Group on there titled 'Fantasy Racers Autosport F1 League', so come along and join and help advertise the league,
Thanks all

#3 GerardF1

GerardF1

• 693 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 16:59

Trying to register to join but it says Registration is currently closed

#4 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 23:25

Hi,
Seems to be working now a couple of people have registered and joined league since your post.
Thanks for your interest.
Anyone else? I know there was a large number of people from this site who joined up last year. Lets try and get that momentum back and give the Sidepodcast the tough defence of their title they deserve.
Any questions etc feel free to chuck them in here.

#5 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 23:26

So far there has been a great response to the league. There are now 24 teams in just under 2 days which is fantastic.
Last year there was between 90-100 which i would certainly like to top. Sidepodcast the league that we were competing very closely with last year have 141 already so there is still a little way to go.
If anyone has any issues at all please feel free to message me or tap it in here and i will try and help.
Thanks all for your support and look forward to sharing the fight with you all.
k1ngy

#6 topski100

topski100

• 32 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 21:05

joined! thanks

#7 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 21:10

Looking forward to the season ahead and the friendly banter :smoking:

#8 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:27

Originally posted by dank
Looking forward to the season ahead and the friendly banter :smoking:

Yeah me too, hope we have the fight we had last year. Right up to the wire was extremely nerveracking. We need more people to get back on and join up though not got as many in the league yet.

#9 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:59

Originally posted by k1ngy

Yeah me too, hope we have the fight we had last year. Right up to the wire was extremely nerveracking. We need more people to get back on and join up though not got as many in the league yet.

There are a handful in the Sidepodcast league who have up to five teams to be fair so it might not be a true indication of the actual number of members. The only way to get more teams is to donate some money or refer a number of people to sign up for the game.

But there's 50 odd days to go until Melbourne so you've still got time! Plus the league competition is an average of the top five scores in each league.

Oh and one subtle change compared to 2008: the driver's prices no fluctuate depending on their popularity.

#10 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 14:20

Yeah i have 5 teams myself. I have setup a facebook group page also to help promote the league and that is doing quite well now with 55 members, so hopefully will get some new people involved as well as getting some teams in the league.
The more teams you have though will obviously give you a much better chance of getting that better average. that was proven last summer with both the Autosport league 90 odd teams and the Sidepodcast 100+ teams doing far better than any of the other leagues which had far lesser teams in theirs.

I think the team choices will be much more interesting now with the change in rules and also F1 changes in general will making choosing your teams much more of an art than pick and leave.

As you say there is just under 50 days now and i cant wait.

#11 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 19:35

Hello all,
We currently have just 40 members in the league, hopefully we can get more members to join as Sidepodcast's is growing by the day.
If anyone needs any advice please give me a shout and i will do all i can to help ya.

#12 SuperDaan

SuperDaan

• 343 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 15:13

Yes I am back in ofcourse :)
GL all :)

#13 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 18:33

How many members you lot got now?

#14 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:47

Hey Dank,
There are currently 50 teams entered into the league. I see you guys have had a push with 230+.
Still in with a chance as its still all about the top 5 average. We had nearer 100 last season so not sure where everyone is hiding this year? lol

Good morning everyone,
Well there is now a little under 3 weeks to the start of the season. We have got 50 teams entered in the league and i would like a big push to the 100, this is easily achieved so get over there and invite your friends and family to join up if you havent already.
If you have already set one up have a look and see if you are happy with at as there is the introduction of Brawn GP racers Button and Barrichello. Although they have had problems with the start of their season they are still the most experienced pairing in F1 and the team are likely to be trying very hard this season to make an impression.
Get over there and get a team setup. Lets give Sidepodcast League a run for their trophy again this year
Thanks for your support ;)

#15 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,360 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 13:23

#16 brunopascal

brunopascal

• 1,526 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:06

Joined!

Tachyos 2009 is on the grid!

#17 Will

Will

• 3,321 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 00:28

Done a bit of chopping and changing of my team today in the light of BGP's surprising performance ;)

#18 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:05

Originally posted by Will
Done a bit of chopping and changing of my team today in the light of BGP's surprising performance ;)

Could be a wise move the other side of it as i have heard mentioned is that they could be playing to potential sponsors.

#19 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,124 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 18:50

Brawns stint pace has been SO impressive aswell as the lap times. And they havnt had many issues. A full Ferrari / Brawn team lineup is the only way to go for Melbourne IMO, maybe a lone BMW in there if your still sceptical.

Cant wait! :)

Advertisement

#20 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:53

We are now up to 68 teams in the league which is a great response.
Hope everyone is ready now less than 2 weeks to go!!
Anyone else need to get in there and sign up there is still time

#21 sidepodcast

sidepodcast

• 54 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 14:22

We are now up to 68 teams in the league which is a great response.
Hope everyone is ready now less than 2 weeks to go!!
Anyone else need to get in there and sign up there is still time

just a little incentive...

Posted Image

that one's looking kinda lonely sitting on the shelf all alone though.

:kiss:

spc

#22 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 19:20

Originally posted by sidepodcast

just a little incentive...

Posted Image

that one's looking kinda lonely sitting on the shelf all alone though.

:kiss:

spc

LOL so near yet so far, we will bring the fight to you once again this season and look forward to another close run battle for the prize that was so very nearly ours last season.
It is a mighty fine trophy that will not have a partner come the end of this one ;)

There is still time to join but it is running out and there has been a good response with 76 teams in the league now.

#23 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:07

Well we have under 1 week to go now and we are up to 91 teams in the league which has been a great jump. 4 people setup yesterday alone and welcome to everyone who has joined.

This season seems to be shaping up to be quite a tournament already and the cars havent even pulled out their pit boxes yet. The resurgence of the Honda team under Brawn's expert eye and the row with the diffusers and Mclarens 'Problems' all build up the hype to next Sunday morning.

If you havent got a team setup yet then get over and register and see you there Sunday morning :)

#24 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 00:00

96 teams now, so near to the 100!

#25 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 16:45

Just a quick reminder that you have until 17:00 GMT Friday to get your team set up and in the league as set abovebefore your selection is frozen until after the race.
There are 99 members now so get it up over the 100 would be nice ;)

#26 Ian Stewart

Ian Stewart

• 258 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 17:43

Entered mine a few minutes ago because it said cut-off time 17:00 GMT tomorrow - Friday - not today.
Hope that's right !

:)

#27 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 20:26

Originally posted by Ian Stewart
Entered mine a few minutes ago because it said cut-off time 17:00 GMT tomorrow - Friday - not today.
Hope that's right !

:)

Yeah thanks i have now edited my post i was meant to say friday sorry :blush:

#28 Will

Will

• 3,321 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 20:59

Just a quick reminder that you have until 17:00 GMT Friday to get your team set up and in the league as set abovebefore your selection is frozen until after the race.
There are 99 members now so get it up over the 100 would be nice ;)

So basically like in F1 Manager the teams won't be frozen until after free practice on Friday, giving us time to make last minute changes...

#29 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:15

Originally posted by Will

So basically like in F1 Manager the teams won't be frozen until after free practice on Friday, giving us time to make last minute changes...

Below text taken from the sites How to play section, just like you suggest Will :)

Please note that the 'cut-off' for any changes is 17:00 UK time on the Friday before each race weekend. Any changes (or new entries) will still be accepted by the system but these will not be recognised for the current race weekend.

#30 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:03

Ok so the results are in and we are looking good. (places amended due to Hamiltons promotion to 3rd)
We have got second place just.
1st Sidepodcast 828 points Previously 879.80 1st place
2nd ForceIndiaF1 815.20 points Previously 847.80 3rd place
3rd Autosport F1 800.40points Previously 849.00 2nd place

We do have a quarter of the teams that SPC have so we are looking good but FIF1 only have a 3rd of the teams we do so we need to pull our socks up.
I think BrawnGP was a big surprise and it didnt help that Ferrari ended up nowhere to be seen.
My best result is 52th in our league and 1808th overall so will certainly have to look at my selections for next week.
Be aware when making any changes to your team the drivers values have changed. So if you think changing Kimi for Button sounds like a good idea it will cost you 2m more than it would have done b4 Aus, this is due to Kimi losing .4m in value and Button gaining 1.6m.
So choose wisely when making your desicions. I will probably have a closer look after practise.
You can also still join the cause and help us overtake SPC and FIF1 early on and send them in a spin some what similar to Kubica and Vettel.
The cut-off for Malaysia will be Friday 03 Apr 16:00GMT.
Thanks for the support and good luck everyone.

#31 brunopascal

brunopascal

• 1,526 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:23

Tachyos 2009 joint leader!!! :clap:

I knew it would pay off to have 6 drivers.

#32 Dan F

Dan F

• 50 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 14:23

Joined. Not doing well so far, but back in 1994 I was top of the magazine's comp for a couple of issues so hopefully I can regain that pedigree ;)

#33 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:02

Originally posted by Dan F
Joined. Not doing well so far, but back in 1994 I was top of the magazine's comp for a couple of issues so hopefully I can regain that pedigree ;)

Excellent welcome aboard

#34 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:03

Right, dont forget you have until 1700 GMT today to get your team upto date.
There is no change with the points due to Hamiltons DQ as it is only any changes the stewards make on race day so all still stands as previous.

BrawnGP are still looking strong running 3rd and 4th in 1st practise and 6th and 7th in 2nd practise as are Toyota who topped the table in 1st practise and 4th and 8th in 2nd.
Ferrari ended 2nd practise 1-2 with Kimi beating Massa's pole time of last season.
Mclaren finished 9th and 11th with both saying they are happy with the progress of the car.

So again choose wisely and lets hope for some good points for this weekend.

#35 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 13:33

Ok so the results are in and we are still sitting in 3rd place in the league. We are 47 points off top and 19 points off 2nd which means they are pulling away just.

1st Sidepodcast 1497.80 points
2nd ForceIndiaF1 1469.00 points
3rd Autosport F1 1450.40 points

Although points were halved for the championship this did not count for this league so it is the same points as if it was a full race.
What a race, Heikki spins off on first lap and kubica engine gives up the ghost too. Tyre choices made by ferrari leave alot to be desired with Kimi taking a gamble on it raining a few laps to many and Glock getting it right with inters.
Rain stops play in the end and Button gets 1st for the 2nd race running.
there isnt a Mclaren or ferrari driver in the top 10 now and this show in their driver values with Buttons value doubling and Lewis losing 1.3m and Kimi 2m in the same time
Chinese grand prix in 2 weeks 19th Apr
Thanks for the support and good luck everyone.

#36 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,124 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 00:09

Only just realised your allowed more than 4 drivers :stoned:

#37 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 18:09

1st Sidepodcast 2,185.40
2nd HelloF1 2,105.20
3rd Autosport F1 2,087.60
Again a rain drenched race, looking forward to the british GP at least we are guaranteed a dry one then :rolleyes:
As you can see we are still grabbin HelloF1 by the coat tails but SPC are starting to pull away.
I think the Redbull result was a good one (i live in MK) so am biased lol but great to see another team coming through the ranks. It does make it a little difficult when choosing drivers but dont forget you do have upto 1700 GMT to pick your teams so watch the results for Fri practise then make your desisions.
It is still only 3 races in so there is plenty of time still, last season we did overtake SPC a race or 2 from the end b4 they nabbed it back.
Good luck and remeber it all moves to Bahrain this weekend, usually a Ferrari guarantee but who knows this season.......

#38 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 15:42

1st Sidepodcast 3,012.60
2nd Autosport F1 2,909.00
3rd HelloF1 2,867.20

Well thats the 4th race over and done with and we managed to get by without any rain and not a safety car in sight.
Another victory for Button and the Brawn GP team. Vettel is scoring points for people to and the Toyota took 3rd place a great result for Trulli although i bet they were hoping for more after their 1st and 2nd in Qualifying.
We have now taken the 2nd spot in the league race and are still around the 100 points mark of SPC.
The European stage now takes place and many teams will have new bits and bobs for their cars so there maybe a change at the top again so keep your eyes peeled for the first practise in Barcelona on the 8th May

#39 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,124 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 21:28

Did my bit today, 45th in AS league :up: We're doing well considering Sidepod have x5 entrants.

Advertisement

#40 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:55

Slightly amended rules from Spain onwards (courtesy of FR's head-honcho 'Danny'):

As many of you will be aware, the changing driver values is a new feature to Fantasy Racers for 2009. Following a review of the competitions progress thus far, it is necessary to make a couple of small changes to help keep the competition running in the spirit in which it is intended. Most people will not be impacted by these changes.

With effect from the Spanish Grand Prix, the following new rules are being introduced:-

• A team will be permitted no more than 9 drivers at any one time, budget permitting.
  • The amount of points awarded for unspent budget will be capped at 200 points per race.
Whilst I do not like to add rules mid season, it is thought necessary on this occasion to prevent a potential loophole in the competitions scoring to be exploited. As ever, if you wish to comment on this message, or the competition in general, you can do so through our contact page.

Regards,
Danny.

#41 brunopascal

brunopascal

• 1,526 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:03

Slightly amended rules from Spain onwards (courtesy of FR's head-honcho 'Danny'):

It's a shame we can't have more than 9 drivers. I had a strategy of switching to 10 drivers by Spain, but now it's been wrecked and lost me some cash.

Such decisive rule changes shouldn't be made mid-season I think.

#42 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 19:03

Gap appears to be getting larger to Sidepodcast!

1st Sidepodcast - 5727.40
2nd Autosport F1 - 5469.49

#43 brunopascal

brunopascal

• 1,526 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 19:40

Gap appears to be getting larger to Sidepodcast!

1st Sidepodcast - 5727.40
2nd Autosport F1 - 5469.49

Indeed it is. And the gap to overall leader team couchpotato is depressingly large!

Tachyos has an A and B-team for this league (unlike F1manager), but which team are you dank?

#44 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 19:49

Indeed it is. And the gap to overall leader team couchpotato is depressingly large!

Tachyos has an A and B-team for this league (unlike F1manager), but which team are you dank?

Of the five (count 'em) teams I have in Fantasy Racers this year, I only have the one in the AtlasF1 league which is 'Scuderia Dank Rosso' who sit in 47th place with 4240 points.

#45 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:02

1st Sidepodcast 6,646.00
2nd Autosport F1 6,349.20

I would just like to apologise i have had some issues at home and have also been through some intensive training for my new job and so have not been able to keep up to date but here i am now.
Whilst SPD are pulling away we are also but a nice gap between us and 3rd place HelloF1 which is good to see.
There is now 3 weeks to the next race in Germany so plenty of time to have a look at teams and get them ready.
Not sure if Ferrari are likely to pull something out the bag as they have improved
Thanks for your support guys ;)

#46 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 17:52

1st Sidepodcast 580 11,070.80
2nd Autosport F1 108 10,375.80
3rd HelloF1 110 10,293.00

Wow look at us go, SPD seem to have it locked up again (580 teams that is a heck of a membership) but we are still up there with them.

It has been a while since i last updated due to work commitments and a change of ISP but its been great seeing the league doing so well.
Wes up at the top with 10512 points and my first team = 57th LETS GO CRA2Y 6912 not good lol

Not sure what the outcome of the meeting with Renault will do to the teams scoring but keep an eye on the site and on your teams,
Good luck

#47 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 17:56

Bit of Sidepodcast whitewash towards the end of the season!

1st Sidepodcast 15,004.40
2nd HelloF1 13,803.60
3rd Autosport F1 13,7780.00

#48 tillster

tillster

• 379 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:45

Seems I won this ! :wave:

I haven't posted on this thread, so sorry for being the anonymous bugga who came along and nicked it at the last race :drunk: