Info on Mantorp Park wanted

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fredrik Billig

Fredrik Billig

• 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2002 - 12:56

Hi all!

I am about to start making the Swedish track Mantorp Park for GPL (yes i know, another guy is also at it, but he has been contacted and not replied, i will cooperate with him if possible).

I would like to get hold of all info available on this Swedish track.
Info about its original layouts would be very welcomed.
I have videos and pictures from this autumn. But nothing from the old days.

I will start with the short version (1,8 km).

Hoping for your help
Fredrik

Advertisement

#2 Fredrik Billig

Fredrik Billig

• 15 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 18:01

bump...

Well, maybe i should introduce myself.

I am from Stockholm 34 years old. Been visiting Atlas F1 since 1996-97.
I have posted here before in the name FredrikB and Peterson.

I started with FredrikB but lost the password and had to get an new one (i have mailed the admins here, no reply).
So i just took the name of the only F1 hero from my youth, Ronnie Peterson :cry: .
But after a while i didnt think i really was worthy of that name.
You guys knows so much more about him, so i felt the need to get a new username...

And guess what, i took my real name. Creative...ainĀ“t i...nudge, nudge :rolleyes:.

Anyone with, especially, historic info on this not to old track is very welcome to reply. :wave:

Fredrik

#3 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,727 posts

Posted 16 January 2002 - 17:25

Fredrik,

As a start:

http://www.silhouet....ks/mantorp.html

#4 Fredrik Billig

Fredrik Billig

• 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2002 - 21:15

Thanks! :up:
But i had found that one already.

I have searched every corner of the internet and found very little info on this track.
The best info i got was an arial photo taken by the Swedish "map-ministry" :rolleyes: or whatever its called. Its quite high resolution so i used that one to make the tracklayout, witch is finished.

I will contact the trackowners directly and se if they got some historical info too.

Fredrik

#5 Speed Demon

Speed Demon

• 157 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 15:11

I have a page of details on Mantorp Park in the 'Track Records' section of my site, including a circuit diagram. Incidentally, have you played STCC2? This includes Mantorp Park and seems to be reasonably accurate.

#6 Fredrik Billig

Fredrik Billig

• 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 07:25

Hi!

I saw your site a few days ago.
Excellent info i must say :up:
Probably the best site there is for info on loads of tracks.

I have got a aerial photo of the whole track with approx 1 pixel/meter
(this is the short track)
Posted Image
And i have got in contact with another guy who started doing Mantorp but has stopped working on it. He has been in contact with the owners, they where very helpful.
Hopefully that will lead to something good.

Maybe i could provide you with more info on Mantorp when i get it?
If you want more info on the only swedish track to hold a F1 grand prix try this link .
Its the Anderstorp for Grand Prix Legends. And they have som pages with good historic info too.

Fredrik

#7 AndreasNystrom

AndreasNystrom

• 785 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 07:46

I have some info from Automobil (the swedish carmagazine), where Jo Bonnier is with the track-creaters (since they got help from the best drivers in sweden at the time, designing the track)

I've got an inflamation in my face right now, and im off to the doctor, but if I get home, i can scan the pictures (+ a tracklayout), and also write the text about it.

There is also the swedish computergame, STCC2, which features Mantorp Park.

/ Andreas.

#8 Kvadrat

Kvadrat

• 982 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 13:37

Please help me to identify following place at Mantorp Park circuit:

Posted Image

They say this is the Paris Bend marked on the picture below:

Posted Image

But I'm not sure because there were a lot of spectators and advertising boards in that place as you can see on these pictures from 1988 and 1989.

Posted Image Posted Image

May picture in question be taken in practice with total absence of spectators or is it different place on the track?

#9 doc knutsen

doc knutsen

• 734 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 15:36

Ah, Mantorp Park....yes, the truck pic is from the exit of the Pariskurvan. Some years ago, they tightened up the entry onto the long slightly uphill main straight which doubles as a drag racing venue. The C2 car pulled 277km/h on that straight, and was still accelerating.
But the Rome part was much more of a challenge, what with the exit and the long run up to the very sharp left-hand Pit Corner being up hill, and the turning-in point not being in sight before you were virtually past it....pretty demanding. Even more so if you experience a throttle stuck wide-open when you brake after the flat-out blast up the hill....which I did, on one memorable occasion.
A challenging track, sadly emasculated for some years, but a lot more stimulating to drive than the more widely known Anderstorp circuit.